Always a Good Business Deal + Tentacles Thrive

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Always a Good Business Deal + Tentacles Thrive

Postby Nonoplayer » Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 am

Flotus Wrote:Hi there! I've really been enjoying this game since its public release. I've been wonedering if maybe you were interested in traslating it to Spanish, since I'm a native speaker and, although I'm currently busy with college, I still have some free time every now and then and I would be very pleased to help out with the translation of these project or any other project you happen to be working on for that matter lol (for a negotiable price of course, I'm after all, a broke college student xd).

Thank you for the offer mate! We will have lots of text from bonding stories, I doubt we will have enough funding ever to translate to too many languages while keeping the quality. But I will surely keep that in mind.
Nonoplayer

Postby Seracjuze » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Bump!
Seracjuze
Newly Registered

Postby loshi1505 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:46 am

hmm, I have a few idea suggestions for the tentacle game.

1st)
would you be willing to implement some sort of automatic food gathering group? for example how you designate which monster is in the battle army, could a similar process be added for food gathers? I predict it'll be quite tedious later on in the game to not have such a feature.

2nd)
add a sorting method by species/level/ect in order to prevent tabbing though multiple pages to get to that one you want or need to select. (most definitely needed for this sort of game)

3rd)
population caps? maybe for each species? with the cap expanding when you conquer a new area?

4th)
tutorial of how to use bonding and monster breed mixing? (it's a pain to learn how to do this one with how much stamina it uses) [and I'm still not 100% sure how to make the cross breeds.. though I have a rough idea]

5th)
adding a sort of recipe list for how to make each cross breed. one that needs unlocking either though events or bumbling across the right mixture. (probably pretty important)

BUG!

1st)
if you have 2 or more of the 80% chance explore stamina reduction monster than you can cheat your stamina up by exploring in your garden where a monster doesn't reside. (doesn't 100% work every time, but does just enough so I can regain max stamina AND BEYOND!!!! :shock: )

in relation to this bug if you glitch your stamina past the max capacity the round number changes even though you've yet to rest.
loshi1505

Postby OtakuTomo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:57 am

Freaking amazing art/animations
OtakuTomo

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:53 am

loshi1505 Wrote:hmm, I have a few idea suggestions for the tentacle game.

1st)
would you be willing to implement some sort of automatic food gathering group? for example how you designate which monster is in the battle army, could a similar process be added for food gathers? I predict it'll be quite tedious later on in the game to not have such a feature.

2nd)
add a sorting method by species/level/ect in order to prevent tabbing though multiple pages to get to that one you want or need to select. (most definitely needed for this sort of game)

3rd)
population caps? maybe for each species? with the cap expanding when you conquer a new area?

4th)
tutorial of how to use bonding and monster breed mixing? (it's a pain to learn how to do this one with how much stamina it uses) [and I'm still not 100% sure how to make the cross breeds.. though I have a rough idea]

5th)
adding a sort of recipe list for how to make each cross breed. one that needs unlocking either though events or bumbling across the right mixture. (probably pretty important)

BUG!

1st)
if you have 2 or more of the 80% chance explore stamina reduction monster than you can cheat your stamina up by exploring in your garden where a monster doesn't reside. (doesn't 100% work every time, but does just enough so I can regain max stamina AND BEYOND!!!! :shock: )

in relation to this bug if you glitch your stamina past the max capacity the round number changes even though you've yet to rest.

Sorry for the lack of update~

1st) The idea seems really creative! I think I can incorporate something like that through some species's specialty/benefit.
2nd) Ay, I will add it to my task list, but can't say it would be priority
3rd) Food is currently in use as population limiter
4th) Got cha, I will improve UI/UX this month.
5th) As above

I think you could be playing an older version consider you mentioned 80%(now its 50%). That bug should have been fixed for a while.
Nonoplayer

Postby Nonoplayer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 am

July's Public release is ready! Give our battle gameplay a try:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/713821

Nonoplayer

Postby loshi1505 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 pm

hmm, any chance the combat could be something other than lane based?
I mean I don't hate it, but it lacks originality which the rest of your game has in surplus.

personally I think a hybrid reaction time / team turn based combat might fit best, so something similar to the first 2 paper Mario games?

some other options might be light RTS like battles, street fighter like fighting, and though I doubt this one is feasible without near tripling the game size but maybe something like pikmin's battle mechanic?

idk just my 2 cents. just feels like lane based combat is done to death and is bringing down the game's overall potential. *shrug*
loshi1505

Previous

Return to Flash Projects