3D Head modeling Program?

A place to post shared animations, character models, sounds, artwork and more for others to use. It's all about collaboration baby!

3D Head modeling Program?

Postby Crisius » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:12 am

I have need of a program that would allow me to randomize and generate from the neck up. The more "real" looking the better. Any advice?

I've seen some amazing work on these forums, so I'm wondering if anyone has a streamlined resource for just heads.
Crisius
Newly Registered

Re: 3D Head modeling Program?

Postby Titankerberos » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 am

I'm not the most knowledgeable about various programs that use very specific focus like things on the face, however i know blender you can render out almost anything tho it would force you to learn modeling.

As for faces in general, look for things that make heads for something like FaceRig, a lot of people use face rigging software to get their av's and characters into something like facerig so you could look around for what people in those communities are using.

To have a randomizer you could also try Fuse, which is free and you can download it with steam, i personally don't feel it's the best way to get a face tho it does allow you to basically get a free head to work with.

My only other suggestion would be to use a game that gives you a lot of face detail, like a skyrim mod or an illusion game and use something like ninja ripper to rip the model out of the game while you run it and get the designed model you made with the mod.

And the final option is to pay someone who is good at modeling to make faces for you on commissions, which would give you very detailed faces if you find the right modeler but could also be costly.

Sorry if this wasn't much help.
Titankerberos
Newly Registered

Return to Resources