Breeding Season OSS version

A place to post shared animations, character models, sounds, artwork and more for others to use. It's all about collaboration baby!

Breeding Season OSS version

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Since the development of Breeding Season has officially halted, I'd like to invite anyone interested to make forks of Breeding Season.

Please keep everything open source, and I don't want to see anyone trying to make money off of these assets.

This is a bit of a gray area, but the reason I'm providing these is because I'd like to see more F/OSS games on the forum.

Go nuts, make some fun games people!

https://mega.nz/#!IAQHDQDY!nZlPPeLbBmfK ... 6EUKKq5ljc
Zeus Kabob

Re: Breeding Season OSS version

Postby ANooB » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:28 am

Doesn't s-purp own the rights to this stuff?
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby VintageBass » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:58 am

Well, to all of the art that the game uses. Not so much about the mechanics for the game, which that should be free game.

Any sensible person wouldn't be using the art for this game, especially if they're making their own game with its own identity.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby ANooB » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Well thanks for the resources. They all make good study material.

ANooB

Postby m-void » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 am

Wow this is Great!! thanks for this. This is a good reference :)
m-void

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:13 am

Is it possible to use models from this sources ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Totsboy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:08 pm

I'm having problems ins downloading it from mega since it hits download cap, is it available in any other place? Sorry to bother
Totsboy

Postby Sauria Lustopia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:33 pm

Wow! If that's the case I'd love to discuss on my future sex game idea using this mechanic.
Sauria Lustopia

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Here's a question, Is just the Art copyrighted (The drawings done by the team) or is is all the characters and concepts copyrighted? I'm not sure with the current status of the game.

The reason why I asked was I thought for fun to recreate the art myself. If I made the game (For free with no funding of course) with my own assets, could we still bring back Breeding Season?

As example

Old Art
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Margo.png
Margo
Margo.png (20.86 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
Roxie_Edit3.png
Roxie
Roxie_Edit3.png (26.58 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Merchant1.png
Kay
Merchant1.png (18.53 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

My Interpretation
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Margo2.png
Done by Myself.
Margo2.png (83.56 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
Roxie_4.png
Done By myself
Roxie_4.png (106.58 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
kay2.png
Done By Myself
kay2.png (74.01 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

Let me know what You think?

(Note* Mine is far from polished, but If it could be brought back, then I can refine it more.)
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby ANooB » Sun May 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Not bad at all. Two things I'm noticing off the bat are that Roxy and Margo's cheeks are quite masculine. This can be fixed by making them less angular and more rounded at the point of inflection. Another thing I see everywhere are that the eyelashes are overdone. You can really get away with super-simplification of eyelashes and omitting the lashes closer to the nose.
Upon second evaluation, it looks like you're placing the facial features closer together to avoid being occluded. This gives your characters a compressed face effect. Don't be afraid of overlapping hair clumps as such things will happen especially, at non-frontal angles. Also Roxy's nose will come in contact with the further eye and lend to its silhouette so don't be afraid to make the nose overlap the eye at angles like that. If it helps, put the nose on its own layer and slide it over her tear duct to conquer this fear. Margo's eyes can be placed further apart as you'll see in S-Purple's version.
Other than that, can't really see any issues with the body and Kay looks great, actually :D

ANooB

Postby Ungawa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:28 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Here's a question, Is just the Art copyrighted (The drawings done by the team) or is is all the characters and concepts copyrighted? I'm not sure with the current status of the game.

The reason why I asked was I thought for fun to recreate the art myself. If I made the game (For free with no funding of course) with my own assets, could we still bring back Breeding Season?

Art is automatically copyrighted through international contracts like TRIPS and the Berne convention. The archetype and concept can't be. Overall, it's best to avoid this landmine that can go off by creating new characters that fit the story you're looking for so that no one sees the wrong end of a lawsuit.

Yes, sketch and retrace the art to learn, but use it for personal use in that context. Try to adjust it so that it becomes a reference point for a new character that's based on Margo, but isn't. Maybe play with the gender and come up with a new concept such as a shy weak guy with a big one (or even two) that's embarrassed about it or something.

Or another girl that's part of the IBTC but an overaggressive attitude. Sky's the limit.

Finally, if you want to bring back BS, it's best to look at the engines and build something entirely new. Lord knows this was dragged out to an explosive end and it shouldn't have. Build a small game with a focus on one system and get that right then slowly add more to it. It doesn't have to be done for free, but a farming sim should be done RIGHT. That's getting the monsters to work, understanding their combinations and focusing on how to make a monster farm sim that has a unique story and hook.

May take a while, but keep at it. Hope that helps.
Ungawa

Postby Justanotherguy2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:43 am

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Here's a question, Is just the Art copyrighted (The drawings done by the team) or is is all the characters and concepts copyrighted? I'm not sure with the current status of the game.

If I know the system well enough while yes they are copyrighted you can draw Kay in your style with the intention of homage, be a fan game, and/or parody. That should protect you for the most part, but it is safest to make your own characters. The worst (I think and I am not the best source for law) he could do if did do the game in an homage, and/or parody fan game format is have it taken down. (All based off American copyright)
Justanotherguy2

Postby Sauria Lustopia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 am

Hi guys! I've returned after a long time and I am willing to lend my writing skills to build lore and pitch some monster designs!
Sauria Lustopia

Return to Resources