PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby psm5 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:22 pm

I do not know if you know of this one, but they seemed to be doing something similar to the idea of switching up the names of each pokemon. https://gamejolt.com/games/Oppaimon/370910
psm5
Newly Registered

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Yep. It's common practice to alter the names like that for parody games, especially those that are adult oriented. We decided doing so would diminish the integrity of our game and worked against what we wanted to accomplish with it.
Dapper Gent

Postby WalkThruMaker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 am

Are there other Pokemon you can catch at fishing spots besides Magikarp in game? All of the places I've been to have only yielded Magikarp. If yes, I will add them into the walkthrough once I personally find/catch one.
WalkThruMaker

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Should be some around Cerulean. From Val, Magikarp, Krabby, Psyduck, Goldeen, Poliwag, Horsea, and Slowpoke around Cerulean.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Oh, while I was thinking about it. I'm going to go ahead and attach some of the pictures that were coming with the update. Delia scenes, a Viridian Forest event we were adding with a special morph, a third option for the Caterpie/Zubat event and the rest of the pictures for the Bulbasaur event.

Late Night Snack.png

Delia1.0.png
Delia2.0.png
Delia3.0.png
Delia4.0.png
Delia4.1.png
Delia4.2.png
Delia5.0.png

2331a06a-1f0d-4761-ba33-00893580d969.png
e6e3a5df-3174-4f42-8c96-7be4894cb53e.png
a0e784bd-3478-4b40-ab08-fd7d62d2ae8a.png
552f0f6f-2c7a-463a-8930-9f0433379501.png

Falling Pollen 1.png
Falling Pollen 2.png
Falling Pollen 3.png
Falling Pollen 4.png
Falling Pollen 5.png
Falling Pollen 6.png

Willow Down 1.png
Willow in Wind 1.png
Willow in Wind 2.png
Willow in Wind 3.png
Willow in Wind 4.png
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:25 am

And some more that were never completed.

9fe3b80c-4118-43c8-8f9a-d2e1346c4c6a.png

ce6212d5-d192-4878-9538-a926b0fd1ce6.png

26dd59ee-3d95-4238-a705-66ff17e4a958.png

017aec59-28f4-416d-bc3d-f7b0127e47b8.png

471f13cb-5d02-4100-bce6-ca5beccadbc6.png

3e3ac129-deeb-4a67-a3a0-478dca8afc50.png

This one was supposed to be part of the Bulbasaur event.
83832a44-fea1-4446-aef5-bb28f4f3e145.png

And a single shot added to the Machoke that was cleaning up the Pokecenter rubble.
ab1fa598-01d7-4fd0-aa5c-cff10924ed16.png
Dapper Gent

Postby WalkThruMaker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:Should be some around Cerulean. From Val, Magikarp, Krabby, Psyduck, Goldeen, Poliwag, Horsea, and Slowpoke around Cerulean.

Thanks for clarifying. Is the Good Rod in the game and thus necessary or catching the others? I'm assuming around Cerulean is Mount Moon before Cerulean, and along Route 25/Bill's Lighthouse.

I've heard mentions of Cubone but I'm not sure if the DI team was just referencing the concept art; is there a Cubone in the game around Pokemon Tech (Perhaps Giselle has it?)

And regarding the starters: Beyond Cosplay Pikachu and Clumsy Charmander (and wild Pikachu found in the wild Viridian Forest), are the other two starters (Bulbasaur and Squirtle) actually obtainable in v1.63?

My guess is that Bulbasaur would have been in the update since it has full scenes planned, but Squirtle is unclear.

Everything else I am content to find on my own. Those seemed to be the major things I wanted/needed to clarify for the Walkthrough's purposes.
WalkThruMaker

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 am

The rod you pick up on route 1 is the only one we had in game. I believe those are the ones you can fish up around route 4 and around Cerulean. We were trying to match Pokemon location from the games.

Yes, there's a special cubone and a special Sandshrew at the Poketech, between Cerulean and Bill's Lighthouse.

If I remember correctly it was finished. Siding with the boys will eventually get you the Cubone. Siding with Giselle will get you Sandshrew. Or you can disagree with both but you'll have to fight all of them which gives you the chance to take both of the special morphs.

We were planning on doing special starters as well as having regular versions but didn't get to the point of adding them in the game. Special Bulbasaur was going to to be part of the Hidden Village and a special Squirtle was going to be in Vermillion.
Dapper Gent

Postby WalkThruMaker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:The rod you pick up on route 1 is the only one we had in game. I believe those are the ones you can fish up around route 4 and around Cerulean. We were trying to match Pokemon location from the games.

Yes, there's a special Cubone and a special Sandshrew at the Poketech, between Cerulean and Bill's Lighthouse.

If I remember correctly it was finished. Siding with the boys will eventually get you the Cubone. Siding with Giselle will get you Sandshrew. Or you can disagree with both but you'll have to fight all of them which gives you the chance to take both of the special morphs.

We were planning on doing special starters as well as having regular versions but didn't get to the point of adding them in the game. Special Bulbasaur was going to to be part of the Hidden Village and a special Squirtle was going to be in Vermillion.

Thanks Dapper Gent! This is very helpful for me. Now I can also track the Pokemon according to their Gen III location relative to the original base game (If I've read correctly, it is based off of FireRed/LeafGreen era, FireRed more specifically).

Route 4 is what I was thinking of when I said Mount Moon (particularly the area known as Mount Moon Square leading to Route 4).

And the little sidequest of item trades (wooden sword -> battle guide -> conch shell, etc.), does that end with the girl in Cerulean in v1.63? If so, what was the overall intended plan for that?

The line snaps very often around Route 4 and thus catching any Pokemon (Magikarp included) seems to be rare. When I did (rarely) find a Pokemon it tended to be Magikarp thus I asked if there were others.

Overall, the Walkthrough is coming along nicely. I have completed the game on my current playthrough. Only thing left to do is catch a Poliwag and confirm the other "around Cerulean" fishing spots water Pokemon
WalkThruMaker

Postby dndman997 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:32 am

im having game story issue >.< im following Team Rocket in the route just after Cerulean City and it says "Eevee wants us to go that way" i dont know where to go x.x
dndman997

Postby WalkThruMaker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:44 am

dndman997 Wrote:im having game story issue >.< im following Team Rocket in the route just after Cerulean City and it says "Eevee wants us to go that way" i dont know where to go x.x

@dndman997 Eevee is trying to lead you into the area blocked by Val and Arcanine. That's the end of the game as of this point. There's also a space further south where you talk to Dr. Spettro and he tells you to go to Vermilion via the Underground Passage. This passage is also blocked by Deadman2112's character who tells you the passage is full of bugs.

You've reached the end of v1.63 of PokéMorph. I'm in the process of creating a Walkthrough that will explain all of this more in-depth
WalkThruMaker

Postby dndman997 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:29 am

ah thank you, so theres no were else to go?
dndman997

Postby WalkThruMaker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

dndman997 Wrote:ah thank you, so theres no were else to go?

That's right. There's nowhere else to go because all "planned" routes are blocked. Fun fact, so long as you don't complete the events at Bill's Lighthouse, you can go all the way back to Pallet Town. However, once you do the Bill-related events, the game blocks you from going through Viridian City.
WalkThruMaker

Postby dndman997 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:06 am

interesting didnt know that ^^
dndman997

Postby Funposter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 am

Been a while, but wow. I'm bummed that this is getting shelved. This was one of my favorite projects. It's understandable though since this was treading some dangerous water legally. Will Tierwach get its own thread? Probably not until after the first public release on Patreon, I bet?
Funposter

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am

Yes and no. Once we start working on the game itself then we'll do a final post here with some info, a link to the Tiwerwach thread, a link to our discussion thread for follow up questions and comments for Pokemorph and some other stuff before we lock this one down.

Edit: On second thought, I might as well go ahead and start the thread and release the public content here as it comes up. I'll do that some time this month. We're still waiting on the engine to be done. Sadly, we still don't have an eta on it. Val needs help. A lot of help.
Dapper Gent

Postby WalkThruMaker » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Glad to know that Tierwach is still moving forward and that this forum post hasn't been closed.

An update on the Walkthrough:

I have completed all the events up to the Pewter City Gym (haven't fought Flint yet). At this rate, the walkthrough should be finished in the next few days.

It is, as far as I could make it, an "Innocent" walkthrough that focuses more on gameplay and events than it does on pointing out "Here's all the sexy moments you can find". I did this in keeping with the spirit of the game being primarily a Pokemon game that has hentai moments.

Questions for the Dark Impulses team:

What was the intended goal/reward of the side-quest of item trades: Wooden Sword (Pallet)-> Battle Guide (Viridian) -> Conch Horn (Pewter)-> Gold Doubloon (Cerulean)? It tends to end at Cerulean given that you have nowhere else to go but it never made much sense in its current form.

Why do some of the fishing spots not work (i.e. Pewter City's pond)? (My guess is that it's primarily a game engine issue)

For the fully evolved pokemon you can't steal (i.e. Beedrill, Butterfree, Dewgong, et al.), is it possible to get those evolved pokemon on your team in another way (leveling up until evolution)?
WalkThruMaker

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 am

I, for one, greatly appreciate that you're keeping it true to the game's intention; being a pokemon game that has hentai in it. Sadly, that's also what led to it's closing. What made it great is ultimately the reason we shut it down. I already miss working on it and it makes me sad thinking we may never see it finished.

I thought I answered that already, my fault. The item trade system was a tribute to RPGs and other games like Zelda. Which was given a direct tribute to with the first three items; wooden sword, battle guide and conch horn. As the game went on it'd become less ambiguous and more plot centric with the items. It would have ended with unlocking Mew.

It was an engine issue. Part of the many reasons we decided to move on to our own engine. In hindsight, trying to find work arounds for the bugs would have been much easier.

Yes, you should be able to level up to get the stage 3s. I think the issue here is that we weren't to a point where the players could level the pokemorphs high enough to reach stage 3.
Dapper Gent

Postby WalkThruMaker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:34 am

Dapper Gent Wrote:I, for one, greatly appreciate that you're keeping it true to the game's intention; being a pokemon game that has hentai in it. Sadly, that's also what led to it's closing. What made it great is ultimately the reason we shut it down. I already miss working on it and it makes me sad thinking we may never see it finished.

I thought I answered that already, my fault. The item trade system was a tribute to RPGs and other games like Zelda. Which was given a direct tribute to with the first three items; wooden sword, battle guide and conch horn. As the game went on it'd become less ambiguous and more plot centric with the items. It would have ended with unlocking Mew.

It was an engine issue. Part of the many reasons we decided to move on to our own engine. In hindsight, trying to find work arounds for the bugs would have been much easier.

Yes, you should be able to level up to get the stage 3s. I think the issue here is that we weren't to a point where the players could level the pokemorphs high enough to reach stage 3.

Yes, that was quite heartbreaking to know you and the rest of the team put in so much quality work only to be halted.

As far as leveling up goes, what about pokemorphs that would evolve via item or trade... would one be able to say evolve into Kadabra or Machoke or Nidoking/Nidoqueen provided one had a way to level up to close to the preset maximum level?
WalkThruMaker

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 am

I don't think we programmed any of the special evolution conditions. I also don't think all of them were put into the game, only the ones we needed up through Vermillion. I might be wrong though.
Dapper Gent

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects