H sidescroller game

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

H sidescroller game

Postby Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi there everyone on LoK forums! :D
I'm a beginner who decided to try making an H-game. I have worked with pixel art for about half a year now and I think I might be good enough to make my own game now. ^^
I have some basic knowledge about coding.
I have followed this forum since the beginning and many other H-developers, so i have mixed many features from many different games that I liked, mixed them togheter and will now try to fit them inside one game. I'm well aware that I might be pointing my goals about this game a bit high but I want to set my own goals high so I can work towards them and learn on the way. :)
It's going to have different items, naked and cloathing options, a somewhat complex "innocent"-"dirty" system, dialoge, a plot and some more features that I can reveal when (and if) I actually finish a demo.
I have put some examples of how it will look.

(intro)

The year is 3042 and technology has developed far beyond the boundaries of the universe. Humanity has flourished but many parts of the galaxy that now contain human life remain poor and they struggle to keep themselves alive. Many planets that hold treasured materials or need human interference by any ways are inhabited by "lowlife" humans to work. People who has commited a crime or if they are just poor they get sent to these planets. These peoples offspring are then also left to work there until their lives end. There are many kinds of "prison planets" in the universe by now. These planets are illegal by all means but keeping every planet in the galaxy under control is impossible. That's why many powerful and wealthy beings has scattered across the universe to use their resorces as much as possible and develop new machines and medicin on low cost using human slavery.

A young girl named Haley and her younger sister Alice are unfortunate enough to have been born on one of these planets named RX 12332. This planet keep their inhabitants as guinea pigs for technical research. The people in charge of RX 12332 are trying to develope a dimensional portal and are constantly testing the machines on the slaves of this planet. All the slaves has an electric bracelet attached to their arms to prevent rebelion and escapes. The testings has so far been unsuccessful and has left many people suffering from many kinds of disformitys and unknown deceases from all the sorts of radiations they are exposed to. People are seperated into different age groups to make research easier. Because of this Haley and Alice got seperated from their parents at birth and has therefor never seen and never will see their parents.
Brothers and sisters are grouped togheter because of their similarities in their DNA structures for further researching possibilities. Today is the day were Haley turns 18 and is old enough to test the current machine.

(I don't want to reveal what happens next because it will probably look better in the upcoming version but I'll leave this here for a little explanation for the plot)

Running2.gif
Running2.gif (41.48 KiB) Viewed 13832 times

Test picture.png
Test picture.png (100.04 KiB) Viewed 9903 times
Last edited by Acid on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Acid

Re: H sidescroller game

Postby Zodiark69 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:45 am

Well well, this a bit different then I expected, considering what the name of the thread was. Still, I'll be looking forward to your work.
Zodiark69

Postby Acid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:55 pm

thank you! and I'm sorry about the confusing name but I have no idea what I'm going to call it. I expect to rename it once I have a name for it and an early demo version of it. Right now I don't want to reveal to much so I'll just stick with this name for now. :)
Acid

Postby Zodiark69 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 am

That's fine. Like I said, I'll be looking forward to the progress you make.
Zodiark69

Postby KageTheHard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:25 am

This looks interesting!
I have just one question though, do you have any plans for enemy types and if so what kind?
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:46 pm

There are going to be many sorts of enemys. I still havn't thought of many enemys yet but I can say that it's going to be mostly monsters like orcs and probably some animals. The game is mostly pointed towards a fantasy based style. so elfs and maybe humans are going to be involved aswell. I'm almost finished with all the sprites for the first version and I'm starting to code the game. The version is going to have one enemy but I havn't decided on if I'm going to start with an orc or a smaller enemy like a goblin. ^^
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Alright, sounds good to me, I'll be checking back in regularly in the hopes of updates.

As for the enemy choice, Both would be awesome, but if that feels like too much pressure or would make your work that much harder pick the one that is simplest, this will be a proof of concept, just to show us what you have in store for us.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Alternitavely, Why not Zoidberg?
Dark side turned up, Old gods came back, Lights out, There's no music in your mind, Snuffed.
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:01 am

If people are interested I could post the Intro to the game were it describes the plot of the game and maybe some hints on what is going to happen
(maybe why she has that set of cloths for a fantasy game involving goblins and monsters and such) :D
Or if no one is interested in the backstory and plot right now it will just appear in the first release.
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm

Would love that! And with it, could you give us an estimate perhaps? On how long you feel the demo would be?
Dark side turned up, Old gods came back, Lights out, There's no music in your mind, Snuffed.
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:02 pm

The demo will probably just be an area to try out the combat and one H event. I will probably just try to get everything to work first before I attack some larger things to do :)
Acid

Postby Acid » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:33 pm

I updated the second picture.
If anyone want can you give your thoughts about the stats window. Is it to big, should I make it smaller?
Everything isn't implemented yet that is displayed in the picture. Right now I'm trying to figure out an equipment system for the heroine.
Oh and I chose the enemy to be a goblin. ^^
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:38 am

It looks good, but just as a note there is a tonne of unused space, cropping it may be good or finding something to use it for alternitavely. Goblin is fine too, but I'm wondering if there is chance that multiple interactions may be an option. (no clue how hard that would be to code, just think it would be awesome.)
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm not planning on doing the view window smaller because there will probably be multiple enemys in rooms at a time in future work and if I make it any smaller it might get somewhat harder to actually see the enemys.
And I'm guessing that you mean that there should be multiple interactions with more than one enemy?
I have already thought about that and there will probably be interactions with some of them but not many. I'm going to focus more on a submit system with upgrades that will benefit the player. If you choose to go dirty some new abilities will appear so that you can interact with the enemy instead of it having to interact with you. For example blowjobs and probably one where she just lies down and lets the monster do what it wants with her. If you choose to go innocent other abilities will appear that maybe makes it easier to escape and combat skills that will help you get rid of the enemy.
And I should say that I don't expect to make many game over scenes. Maybe one for every boss that I want to include. I think that game over scenes destroys the gameplay. I mean, you shouldn't really look forwards to being defeated in a game in my opinion. :)
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:15 am

Awesome stuff, and by cropping I meant the UI alone, not the game window, it seems to have a lot of unused space.
KageTheHard

Postby BinaryHedgehog » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:10 pm

I can't wait to see this!
Pervy, perv, perv!
BinaryHedgehog

Postby KageTheHard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:18 pm

It's been a little while since the last update, any news?
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm still working on it, it's just that I want to release the test version before revealing anything more and of course not get peoples hopes up before I have anything to show. These two months has been very busy to me and I havn't really been having much time to work on it. I recently found time to work on the last sprites and I'm almost there. I'm mostly doing this when I feel like it to be honest. ^^
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:04 am

Glad there's still life in it, it looks promising and I'd hate to see it abandoned like so many other projects seem to be.
KageTheHard

Postby Acid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Don't worry about it if I decide that it's to much work for me, I will probably say that I wont continue so no one has to wonder.
Acid

Postby KageTheHard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

It's been a while since we've had an update? Care to enlighten us, Oh Corrosive one?
KageTheHard

Next

Return to Creative Corner