Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby sky-eye » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I agree with Lucky here. Sairyn looks like she just sneezed on her hand and is wondering what to do about it from her stance, and the over-revealing side-on view is overdoing it compared to the others.

Also you might want to make Thyme's staff more vertical. It took me 15+ seconds to work out what the object over Cesca's head was. Thyme also seems to....I'm trying to avoid making coarse jokes here...what is that white flecking on her calves?

The others look pretty cool, Rhiannon especially looks neat-o with her heavy sword and shifted weight.
sky-eye

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Man, the best thing about Thyme is that she's a magician-whore, and it's why she's my favourite, whenever Rhiannon isn't controlling that spot.

What I'm saying is...

IT PROBABLY IS CUM. : D
Lucky777

Postby pyro32 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:57 am

These Cesca and Lanie pics are awsome, I hope these get added to the game gallery. Also, I disagree Saiyn stance reminds me of Muay Thai or Lili Rochefort from Tekken so, naturally it's awsome! However, I have to agree with the others on Irine.
Last edited by pyro32 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyro32

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 am

Alright, noted. I'll see what I can do.
The Cesca and Lanie pics are actually just gifts to celebrate their 100 hits, heh. So unfortunately no, those aren't the ones to be unlocked for this update.
As far as the Sairyn stance, yeah, I'll try and fix the draft on her robe. I originally made that stance for Enyo, whose clothing isn't quite as dynamic as Sairyn's, so I totally forgot about the whole no-underwear thing. Either way, it's a stance that Wong Fei-Hung uses in Jet Li's Once Upon a Time in China series, though I believe it's more of a stylistic thing than being part of any actual Hung Gar sequence. Though Sai uses a couple of Muay Thai moves, I thought that her using an actual MT stance would look strange, as she seems like more of a gung-fu type of gal, so I decided to go with that one as a bit of a tribute.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Zero251 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:21 am

Heyo. Long-time lurker of these forums. Kit, I gotta say - I love your work. Your RPG is one of the best I've seen so far. A lot of sex scenes, but there's a lot of good storywriting here, and a lot of interesting side plots. I'm as interested in the story as I am in the smut - which is saying something. Keep it up! I could also help you with the story, if you like - I'm a writer myself, and I come up with a lot of crazy plots that a lot of people like. Just throwing that out there.

I agree that Sairyn seems like a kung-fu girl, given her qipao dress and Chinese-esque fighting style name. The stance you have for her on the new title page still seems a little odd, though... Perhaps using a Tai-Chi stance or move could show off her curves more?

And one small rant - I don't have anything against Cesca - I like her - but why does she get three CGs for her 100 hits, and everyone else gets one?! Emilia and Rhiannon have to share one! I call foul play on that one!!
Zero251

Postby moonblack » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 am

My thoughts on the potential new title screen:
- Cesca is fine, looks kinda cute
- Lanie is fine
- Thyme is fine, love the side view of her boobs, but didn't even notice her staff until others mentioned it
- Emilia is fine, as with Thyme I like the side view of her boobs, the only issue I had is that it took me several looks at the picture to notice her second sword (the vertical one). I'm not sure why (maybe I just got distracted by the other characters), but initially I noticed only the one in her right hand
- Rhiannon is fine
- Irine is a bit too far to the back. Seems more like a background character than a main one. Also seems a bit too crucified, as others mentioned
- Asella's armor is not as ntoiceable in the picture due to a combination of color and Asella's postition, but overall her picture is fine
- Sayrin seemed fine to me at first, but after reading the other comments and looking at the picture again I agree with what has been said already. She's the only one that needs a new, less revealing, pose

Since you have limited space to work with you could make several Title Screen pictures, each with emphasis on different characters, and then use a script to display a random picture every time the title screen is shown. If you have the time you could even make 8 title screen pics, with a different character emphasized in each.
moonblack

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Alright--fixed Thyme's staff and the 'white stuff' on her boots--that was actually glare, so I had to go in and adjust the light source manually.
Gave Irine a little mace/sceptre and had her holding up a white light with the other hand. Originally I wanted to put her in a prayer pose, but figured that would be a little too generic and I couldn't get the fingers to interlock correctly without her boobs getting in the way (lol). Unfortunately, her black panties kind of peek through the dress, which doesn't actually have articulating skirt points the way Lanie's and Cesca's do.

Haven't figured out what to do with Sairyn yet. Tried a Muay Thai stance; it doesn't really suit her, and tried a Wing Chun stance, which frankly looks even more awkward. I even have a high side kick animation but it made her skirt flap thingy very difficult to maneuver, as it is already (since it likes to stay perfectly straight instead of flow).

For those wondering about Sairyn's peculiar initial stance, it's the same one Enyo uses, and is a tribute to...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

And its original inspiration...

Anyhow, the random 8 title screen script is also a great idea, which I'll look into for the future. I'm probably not gonna worry a whole lot about this screen for now because I realize everyone is going to have their own opinion and well.. yeah. Plus I'll have a lot of time to revise something like this regardless, as it's not exactly a priority per se.

Zero-
Thanks for commenting! And yes, I'm open to any kind of ideas so long as the contributor understands that I may not use theirs right away if I do decide to make use of it. I do have a 'secret file' (chock full of severe spoilers) with regards to the storyline, but I'm not posting it on the boards for obvious reasons, lol--people will just have to wait and see, since the file itself is also subject to change as me and my main storyline consultant go along. Otherwise, feel free!

And well, admittedly the Cesca thing was just me going overboard in 3DCG 'cause of the amusing ideas. Sometimes when I turn the program on and really get into a roll, it's difficult for me to stop. And hey, she only got one legit 'H' gift pic! But I don't blame ya--Emilia and Rhiannon are pretty hot characters and reached the 100 mark at basically the exact same time (with Thyme being the first).
Attachments
DLtitle2.jpg
DLtitle2.jpg (252.57 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Zero251 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:08 pm

I thought so, as soon as I saw Enyo's stance, I went, "That's Rock Lee's Strong Fist stance!" Yes, I'm a complete otaku. So sue me. You could check out the manga History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Kit. It would be a great place to look up all sorts of martial arts and then some, if you want to expand on the... how do I call it? The martial art sections of the game? And the series had pleeeenty of boobalicious girls too (no smut, sadly), so it might provide a bit of inspiration too.

Heh, thanks. Right now, I don't have any ideas, but give me time to mull... and the idea to send PMs... and I'll send you something big. I'm kinda crazy that way. XP

Ah, I understand the CG thing.

<_<

>_>

I still call foul play, though. >_<
Zero251

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Zero, THANK YOU very much for catching that reference. And yes, nothing wrong with that--this IS a hentai game after all, so weaboo references are permitted.

I might be sending the wrong message by being so receptive and active on the game's thread, but I'd like to give a friendly reminder that this game was made for me, first and foremost. You'll see a collection of things I like hidden within the game--references to some videogames (Borderlands), bands (Cock Sparrer), to certain martial arts (MT), legendary weapons (Umezawa's Jitte is a high level dagger in the game's database, so sue me) and so on. So while I may take some suggestions, quite a few rather, please don't be offended if I simply don't take one. It's nothing against the person making the suggestion, but rather an assertion of my personal preferences. If you would like to see a game with all of your personal tastes, my suggestion: make your own. And if yours turns out to be better than mine, I will definitely not be resentful, but instead play your game a lot and enjoy it. Such is the love of hentai. ^_^

That being said, after some mulling, I've decided to keep Sairyn's stance. Perhaps with her lack of underwear, she might look like the 'easiest' one in front of many other 'battle ready' girls, but so be it. It is definitely taken from Wong Fei-Hung (as portrayed by Jet Li)'s stylistic pose in the Once Upon a Time in China series, which I did see before reading Naruto--though I'd be lying if I said I didn't think "cool!" when I saw Rock Lee making use of the pose.

I'm still going to tweak Irine's a bit, regardless, mainly because of how it looks to me.

Funny that you should mention History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, as I'm current on that manga and enjoy it quite a bit. Sairyn's Doumawashi is a tribute to Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and her other moves come from various sources as well. I think it's no secret that I'm something of a martial arts fan; though I'm no hotshot at it, I do appreciate the ideas. I started in TKD and then trained in JKD and submission wrestling for a while--in Enyo's dojo you'll see the tenets of Jeet Kune Do. In fact, you might still get to see other characters like Rhiannon choke the shit out of somebody (triangle as rape defense?), but time will tell.

Sai's use of martial arts in this game is pretty fancy--you won't see a spinning back elbow in every MMA fight nor a flying knee in every Muay Thai match--but hey, it's fantasy, and she can shoot a bazillion fireballs for all I care.

Also, who did you want to see more, anyway--Emilia or Rhiannon?
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Zero251 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Zero, THANK YOU very much for catching that reference. And yes, nothing wrong with that--this IS a hentai game after all, so weaboo references are permitted.

I might be sending the wrong message by being so receptive and active on the game's thread, but I'd like to give a friendly reminder that this game was made for me, first and foremost. You'll see a collection of things I like hidden within the game--references to some videogames (Borderlands), bands (Cock Sparrer), to certain martial arts (MT), legendary weapons (Umezawa's Jitte is a high level dagger in the game's database, so sue me) and so on. So while I may take some suggestions, quite a few rather, please don't be offended if I simply don't take one. It's nothing against the person making the suggestion, but rather an assertion of my personal preferences. If you would like to see a game with all of your personal tastes, my suggestion: make your own. And if yours turns out to be better than mine, I will definitely not be resentful, but instead play your game a lot and enjoy it. Such is the love of hentai. ^_^

That being said, after some mulling, I've decided to keep Sairyn's stance. Perhaps with her lack of underwear, she might look like the 'easiest' one in front of many other 'battle ready' girls, but so be it. It is definitely taken from Wong Fei-Hung (as portrayed by Jet Li)'s stylistic pose in the Once Upon a Time in China series, which I did see before reading Naruto--though I'd be lying if I said I didn't think "cool!" when I saw Rock Lee making use of the pose.

I'm still going to tweak Irine's a bit, regardless, mainly because of how it looks to me.

Funny that you should mention History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, as I'm current on that manga and enjoy it quite a bit. Sairyn's Doumawashi is a tribute to Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and her other moves come from various sources as well. I think it's no secret that I'm something of a martial arts fan; though I'm no hotshot at it, I do appreciate the ideas. I started in TKD and then trained in JKD and submission wrestling for a while--in Enyo's dojo you'll see the tenets of Jeet Kune Do. In fact, you might still get to see other characters like Rhiannon choke the shit out of somebody (triangle as rape defense?), but time will tell.

Sai's use of martial arts in this game is pretty fancy--you won't see a spinning back elbow in every MMA fight nor a flying knee in every Muay Thai match--but hey, it's fantasy, and she can shoot a bazillion fireballs for all I care.

Also, who did you want to see more, anyway--Emilia or Rhiannon?

No worries. I'll shoot you ideas, and if you like and accept them great. If not, oh well. I'm only a writer - you know a lot more about making games than I do, so... XP

And for some reason, I would imagine Rhiannon for that matter using something like Krav Maga or Command Sambo... that's just me though. I mean, it's not like she's a former soldier or anything. XD Wait... *Regoes over history just in case*

Sweet! I'm not the only HSDK fan I know!! I don't care if it's flashy martial arts - that's what makes martial arts so cool. Impractical in real life, yes, but who gives a damn. And about those fireballs.... It must be said. Hadoken? 8D

Erm... miscommunication. I kinda wanted to see more of Thyme. XP But out of the two, definitely Emilia.
Zero251

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Nothing against her foot position, on grounds that it's a reference. I'm really just asking if you can wrestle her chinadress into a slightly less revealing position.
If ya can't, so be it. XD
Also, isn't her hand position a little bit off from the things ye plan to reference, though? Seems like the fore-arm ought not to be leaned to the right of the piccy, as it is.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, but from that angle it tends to obscure her face, as was the case with Enyo. I suppose I could just angle the hand forward. It varies though;
http://th31.photobucket.com/albums/c387 ... 0403_m.gif

And yep, you're bound to at least see an HSDK reference in there somewhere--I was thinking Seikuuken / Ryuusui Seikuuken or something.
As for Rhiannon's history, no, not recorded as of yet, but that's the fun part... there's still tons to find out about these characters!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Zero251 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 pm

RYUUSUI / SEIKUUKEN?!? Put that in as well as Korui Nuki and I will forever worship you, Kit!

Oh, and last thing, I really love the music for the new dojo areas and Enyo's battle. Nothing makes me want to kick someone's butt more than good battle music. I surf YouTube in my spare time and there's a series of 'videos' (really just songs) with the beginning title 'Greatest Battle Music of All Times'. XxImmortalmagexX uploads epic music from everywhere - video games, movies, animes, and individual artists. Just a good resource to browse if you want to use a good boss battle song or something. XP
Zero251

Postby merctime » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Just finished this with Thyme. Damn she is hot!!! Kit, I LOVE your game, it is awesome. Looking forward to going through this with other characters too ^.^

This got me wanting to check out 3dCG, and I downloaded it, got some mods, and it worked... One time :P Oh, well. Such as life. Also, got me into trying to find this RPG maker proggie... Is there alot of scripting involved in this? If so, I'd better not as I couldn't script if my life depended on it. But it sure would be fun to try to make an H game :D

Sure am glad someone suggested the CG gallery in Dlaby, and that you implemented it! Love that feature. Can't wait to unlock more scenes and with other girls, too ^.^

Wonderful work here on your part! This is a phenomenal little game, and I really do look forward to seeing how you grow it/fill it out. Very well done, and incredibly entertaining! Your storytelling is quite top-notch... Kudos to you for your immersive and engrossing command of writing. I think I'll try next with the bandit leader girl, and see how she fares. I'm sure it will be messy ;) Thanks again for a great game!
merctime

Postby Red.Sheer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

I have finished the demo with the martial artist and I like the game so far. I actually finished it without seeing one H-scene, except for kissing gwen. Now that I now I can take a bath with her I'll do that, too :D

The reason for that is that I play the game like I want things to happen. I don't want to be raped by bandits or monsters, so I don't provoke it, I fight. And so far I downed every enemy the game threw at me ^^ I was a bit disappointed since I didn't manage to find a beasty H-scene. Is there one, since your "smut patch" claims that there is. Or did you mean the horse in the chambers? :D Would have loved to face some animal NPCs. I'd try to "befriend" them with other means than fighting... :D

Great work so far. What can I suggest? Well, maybe reduce the Gold-drops from enemies. I ended up having quasi-unlimited potions on me. In terms of gameplay, maybe reduce the gold you get but create a save spot where the player can heal up :)
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Horse in the chambers is the bestiality scene. There are also the slimes and the plants, if you count those, though some distinctions would name them not bestiality but
monstersex.
You can grind your purity down enough to go into the stalls willingly without losing to bandits if you bathe and masturbate, I believe.

It is inefficient, since the stalls are actually THEMSELVES the current most efficient method of purity-removal.

I forget the numbers exactly, or perhaps I never knew, but I think you're looking at a threshold of 50 purity or something.

You'll want to save that on a different slot, or grind purity back up later, because low purity will disqualify you from some of the game's lovey/clingy/romantic type scenes.

The horse is a random chance out of about 5 stalls visitors, but once you've saved after seeing the horse scene, you can use CG mode to recall it at will.
Fair warning which will become obsolete if KITA finds a superior horse model:
"CURRENT HORSE MODEL DOES NOT SHOWCASE HORSE-WANG."
Lucky777

Postby Mugen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am

I noticed that the cg scene in cg mode for the revenge on the dominatrix is broken. It just says you overpower her, then ends without any cg or dialogue further than that. I wonder if there are any further broken links in cg mode?
Mugen
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 am

Lucky-
Yes, it's quite unfortunate. I'm still just looking for a plain ol' dog, but have had no success.

Red.Sheer-
Thanks, and yep; it IS an H-game, believe me (if you count all the characters, there are a total of what... around 300ish+ H-scenes?), but I also designed it with the thought that you can actually retain your character's virginity until the very end, if you play your cards correctly.
Gold drops are already reduced for next patch, and I'm debating on introducing some new weapons as well, which I have been iffy about for the past few patches due to the currently... strange state of combat.

Zero-
Thanks for the references, noted! I'll definitely take a look. So far I used some stuff from my RO folder since the MP3's are only about 1MB each; music / sound files can take up a LOT of extra space, like waaay more than picture files, so I'm far more gratuitous with the latter than the former, as I don't want to make the game TOO big in the end. But either way, I'm always looking for some new BGM's since I don't want to reuse the same ones all throughout the 3 installments; each division will have its relative 'theme song', just like how the Rogues Division has the one you hear all the time.

merctime-
Thanks, and I'm sure Thyme will be a perennial favorite (as if she isn't already). Yeah, 3DCG's posemaker is a pain sometimes, but I chose it for the game due to its wide availability of mods, especially for fantasy settings, since many costumes are basically taken from MMO's such as Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy XI, and so on. And no, there's not a whole lot of scripting involved in RPG VX if you just want to make a relatively simple game; I personally don't know much of anything about RGSS myself. I mainly just use switches and variables to implement the things I want, which can be somewhat limiting, but there you have it.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Zero251 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 am

Thanks, Kit! And after reading your reply, I started mulling... and I told you that when I mull, it's crazy right? I mulled over music and an idea, and I got a bit carried away...

I was thinking about the Arcane Division, and got a few songs for you here:

BGM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6q13ZeMDV4&

Standard Battle Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjnEezSfdKE

Boss Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2PSk6cWvE

Also, maybe there could be an early bonus boss added? You know, a huge challenge for players, and they would have to probably level grind to fight against it, at least for the moment. I even have a song for the possible fight - and judging by the title of the song, you could probably guess my idea of the bonus boss. XD

Bonus Boss:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptSSXNHIfg

Last but not least... theme songs. I went a bit overkill here, I know, but I kept thinking of theme songs for the characters. I only got songs for four characters, but I personally think they suit them, and the song could come on when they're doing something awesome, like, say, taking out a large room full of goons by themselves with no problem. And here you are:

Emilia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXEszUogdCk

Rhiannon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxC0VjiUQAQ

Lanie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNZ_Rnr7Jc

Asella:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU

Okay, I'm finally done. As you can tell from the songs, I'm a fan of Megaman X, Final Fantasy, Ace Combat, and Fate/Stay Night. XD These are suggestions, though - feel free to take them how you will.
Zero251

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

I forgot to mention, since I was bone-tired and barely funcitonal last night:

The twins in the chambers, and the first maid in the game are also worth checking out, though again a sufficiently low purity is a pre-requisite, and depending on playstyle, you may want to grind that back up.
About 60 for the twins, I believe, or thereabouts.

I also forgot to mention that the unless you have a positive aversion to monstersex, the slimes are CERTAINLY worth checking out, as they're gentle enough to have seduced
the head of the Ayra Crew herself.
...That's what I call the "high purity players", and if you search the well-written posts by a chick called "Ayra" in this thread, you'll see why that is.
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner