Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby KBridget » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 am

I DLd the latest version. YAY!
Assume makes an ass out of you and me. So unless you want to get fucked, don't assume.
KBridget

Postby Zodiark69 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 am

I seemed to have missed out on some things here when I was gone for a couple of days or so. KITA, care to fill me on what I've missed? A brief summary is all I need.
Zodiark69

Postby Vid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 am

Hey KITA, always thought this was the greatest game on this forum, but I made an account to say two things which bother me in this otherwise unbelievable game. First, it's kinda weird how your purity goes up when having sex with Gwyn or the twins. Maybe with Gwyn it should go up like 1 or 2, but having sex with both twins, with how badly the girls want it at that point shouldn't make her purity go up by 5. Just an irritation for someone wanting to keep a neutral-ish purity but still watch some scenes. More importantly is how after leaving the Chambers you have to walk through the entire game again to continue. You probably already are changing this but maybe make it so you can go back through that curtain doorway by the guard, assuming you went through that way to get in, so that you can't skip ahead...
Anyways, the amount of work you're doing is shocking, just wanted to say that.
Vid

Postby Goldteddy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Well i think we all can agree on the fact RL comes first, and calling someone lazy that's been working on a game with this much content and depth to it, would just be plain rude.
Oh Yeah the new Character specific H-Sceens looks good, never thought a other playable character would do such a thing ;P
Goldteddy

Postby EvilDen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Any saves for new version?
EvilDen
Newly Registered

Postby Mango » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound lazy--it's more of a time management thing. The amount of work I've been having to do in RL has been picking up a bit, so it's kinda like this. You can have a new patch with new areas, enemies, and character development, or you can have a patch solely devoted to including Gwyn in more scenes. I'll definitely try to make the gargoyle and brawler gangbang scenes less... impersonal or 'zoomed out', but no promises as to how many scenes involving the duelist I'll ultimately release.

I've said this before and I'll repeat this as many times as needed, it's your game so do whatever you want with it. You're taking up your own time making this game for fun. You are not being paid to make the game. You are not selling the game. You are most definitely not obligated to follow any of our suggestions or requests but you are.

I think that's pretty cool of you. The fact that you take the time to try to respond to everyone is just awesome. Thanks for being awesome.

With that out of the way I guess I should respond to the bit I quoted. :D

I'm sure that every single one of us understands that adding Gwyn and any other potential party members to the scenes would take a lot of time and work. That time and work will be taken from progressing and/or improving the game. I don't know about everyone else and I won't speak for them but if I had to choose between more game and "more" scenes I'd go with more game.

That last sentence falls under the category of "something you can ignore if you want" along with anything else I say/said. If you feel like going back and retroactively adding Gwyn to every event then why should what I want stop you? Heck, I wouldn't even really be disappointed by that if it happened anyway; more Gwyn is not something I'd complain about.

As far as the wiki idea is concerned, http://www.wikispaces.com/content/wiki could be a good place to hold it. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I believe anyone who's a member can go in and add or edit the pages in there. I would take the load off of any single person's shoulders and if there are enough people then any mistakes or outdated information could be fixed fairly quickly. It seems to be working well enough for http://corruptionofchampions.wikispaces.com/Welcome.

Edit: Apparently I either fail at adding links or I can't add links for some reason. Eh, changed it so you just need to copy and paste the address instead of trying to figure out which part of it is the link.
Last edited by Mango on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mango

Postby Rakarth » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 pm

For making the all the scenes Gwyn compatible I could attempt to do some of them and show you them to see what you think.... If that's alright with you.
Rakarth

Postby BlueSlime » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 am

Vid, with the newest version there is a shortcut available through the chambers to the hallway that leads to the dojo area. It becomes available once you travel through it from the far side, so the chambers do not require you to walk through the entire rogue's division again.
BlueSlime
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 am

Vid-
Thanks for signing up to post on my thread! I really appreciate your support.
At any rate, yeah, high purity tends to be rewarded with romantic or consensual experiences that are 'lovey' (which I'm sure can be a fine line if your character's Purity is low, I'm aware), so it's rewarded with Gwyn and to an extent, the twins. It is indeed strange that Purity would go up from getting DP'd, so needless to say I do intend to modify that in the future, but I'm personally kind of a yuri fan, so my inner bias sees those kinds of relationships as more 'pure', despite the fact that I have tons of lesbian friends and know that they are often anything but. Heh.

As far as the Chambers go, yeah, that is one annoying part--but if you go through the curtain after beating the pikeman, you CAN actually go back in from where you tumbled, so long as you went down there first to trigger the 'switch'. You just have to hit Enter / Space / the interact key at the hole and you'll be able to climb right back up--that way you don't have to start from the maid's room all over again.

Goldteddy-
Thanks for commenting!
Yeah, it's been getting busy and I've definitely been knocking out some papers as of late. That being said, I do try to squeeze in some room to work on the game for my faithful audience (but mostly for myself, I think of it like writing a book) when I have the time. So far I've gotten Lanie's character-specific H-scene done, which I'm very proud of. Now working on Cesca's minigame, woo! Though I can't promise the game players all of what they're looking for in an H-game, as needs are different from person to person, I can assure you that you will come to see a great story if nothing else, and of course some pretty hot H-scenes.

EDIT:
After I complete the Cesca minigame, which should be done in less than a week, I'd like some of my beta testers to give it (as well as Lanie's quest) a try and let me know what you think. Just a heads up.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby kiethoo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I really enjoyed the Emilia scene during her "Dream". It was really intresting. I liked the little last part with Gwyn sleeping in the bed making it even more of a question if it was a dream or real. Although its pritty hard not to consider it a dream...

But still, Cant wait to see more ...um.."Moral?" Male-Female love Scenes.
Mybe even a Immoral Corruption Scene of that other guy....cant remember his name...but I can see a great story line of your Low Morals Character slowly menipulating him to the dark side and then making him forget all about his little lost lady friend to spend some time with your character.

Cant wait for next patch!
kiethoo

Postby kiethoo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm

oh and not that you dont have TONS to do already for in RL and here...but Asella is my fav character, and she has 101 Hits now!
kiethoo

Postby sky-eye » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am

KITAmaru Wrote:As far as the Gwyn scenes go, she's involved in the 4 brawler gangbang as well as the gargoyle scene for now. They are very much placeholders and were honestly last-minute squeezes for last patch. However, I'm still hesitant about making ALL scenes really involve Gwyn, mainly 'cause it's a lot more work and because there are still at LEAST 3 NPC's that will be able to join the party, and quite frankly I don't want to have to make conditional branches for all of those guys/gals as well (plus if there's a netorare scene, I'd like to make it a bit more cinematic as opposed to 'oh, you lost to a random enemy now the guy has to watch you get fucked', etc.).

I don't like having a lot of crappy scenes, so what I'll probably do is modify some of the existing Gwyn ones or make the others a bit more 'involved' (like with you and her on the same screen). Ultimately I might just have it so that for in-party characters, each will have 4 or 5 special scenes with generic enemies to start with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound lazy--it's more of a time management thing. The amount of work I've been having to do in RL has been picking up a bit, so it's kinda like this. You can have a new patch with new areas, enemies, and character development, or you can have a patch solely devoted to including Gwyn in more scenes. I'll definitely try to make the gargoyle and brawler gangbang scenes less... impersonal or 'zoomed out', but no promises as to how many scenes involving the duelist I'll ultimately release.

I think you're doing the right thing in going for an occasional focus. The alternative is just far too much work. It also means you can do scenes when you feel inspired to, rather than doing it because it's a required chore.

Also, I have to ask: while I can see why you chose the brawler gangbang scene, why the gargoyles? They're just some random weak mooks that require going all the way back to the start to see, and while I realize I don't HAVE to do it, it's not added to the gallery either.
sky-eye

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Rakarth-
Sure! You don't even have to do a long, detailed schpiel about it really, just a summary of what you had in mind. Keep in mind that the only reason made Gwyn kind of a 'stand-alone' add on is because I also have to do the 3DCG scenes myself, and that's also a bit more time especially when you include 8 characters instead of just one. Not saying that's how it should be, just clarifying the reason why I did that initially.

Mango-
Great, thanks for being understanding. I'll keep that in mind about the wiki thing, too!

kiethoo-
Glad to see someone enjoyed it!
Haha... let me guess, that's a request for an Asella 100 Hits picture? Although, Lanie and Cesca also broke a hundred... I dunno, what do you wanna see with Asella? She's my fav character as well, actually.

sky-eye-
I chose the gargoyles for a few reasons; partially because people requested it, but mainly because I already had the male gargoyle loaded up in 3DCG (male mods can't be loaded up on demand like the girls can, they need to be dropped in and out of the folder while the game is closed), so I figured I may as well toss Gwyn in there.

EvilDen-
Saves of what character and what do you want in it (low Purity, high Purity route, etc.)?
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby moonblack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 pm

A small idea about the "100 Hits" pictures: The theme of the first two seems to have been "Girls with multiple guys". Maybe you could choose a different theme for Lanie, Cesca and Asella (such as "girls with multiple girls", or "girls with toys", or whatever else you can come up with), and a third theme for when Irine and Sayrin reach 100 votes. If it is not too much trouble, that is, since I have no idea how much effort these pictures take to make.
moonblack

Postby ShadowFax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:34 am

Whooo Asella FTW xD
ShadowFax

Postby Rakarth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah I understand having to do all 8.. And if you bring more... Ehhh... A bit much there xP but I'll see what I can do.... I'll get back to you later on it if I have anything to present.
Rakarth

Postby pyro32 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 am

Nice job, Kita another awsome update. Hey, what's the rules on Beta? cause I really want to since Cesca and Lanie are my favorite characters although Sairyn grew on me this update ;)
pyro32

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Moonblack-
Nice of you to show up here. Yeah, I wasn't gonna do a gangbang--I was almost tempted to cheap out with a 3-girl orgy. But eh... I'll play around a bit and you'll see. Might end up doing something nice or different for each character, even. Expect it around the weekend, I would say, since I'm currently finishing up Cesca's unique H-scene to be released to beta testers who want the half-done version (no new areas, just 2 new scenes for now, but the final release of 0.09 WILL have more--this is just to make sure the scenes I made work for the most part, since they come with small minigames).

Pyro32-
Heya!
Rules for the beta are simple, although silly--you do need a post count of 10, because on the LoK forums that's what you need in order to get the privilege of sending PM's. Once you get to 10 PM's, go ahead and PM me and I'll put you on the beta tester list. If you can manage to do that before... hmm... Sunday, then I'll send you the first testing version with Lanie and Cesca's unique events.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby haladar5 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I dunno if this has been said already but I think the idea of specialized fetishes has been roaming with the girls in the game and I was wondering if you had plans for a girl who gets unique bestiality and monster scenes because she totally digs it the first time like after having been under the horse once and maybe have that be a trigger and when you return to the stalls without being captive you can talk to the horse and get lead to another scene. I know you're limited on models for animals but I'm assuming those with such a fetish wouldn't mind a new position but same animal at all. This method could also be used with other girls and fetishes too I hope not to focus on what I dig in your game haha. Just a thought. Loved the update, still haven't finished it with each girl which is nice haha.
haladar5

Postby redgod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

It's kinda random, but I really liked the scenes where you see Gwyn in the slave collar. It'd be cool to have some scenes where our character is wearing a collar. Maybe a sequence where you're collared by some character or for a whole division (as a disguise maybe?) area or something.
redgod

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner