Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby SexyCurry » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Hiii~ It's me again, returning from a very stimulating play through of your latest patch and I shall start off by saying I'm more in love with this game than I was before :'D The new H-scenes were fantastic and very well written (no surprise there)! And I nearly burst with happiness when I discovered the ShitKey = Sprint feature. The gallery feature is also splendid :D No more using up a ridiculous amount of save spots because I want to revisit certain one-time-only scenes~yehehhe

I would just like to thank you for all the hard work you put into this game ^^ Makes me want to do something more than just thank you. but there it is. I did spot a typo in the Gwyn Bath Scene though. I figured I might as well point out on the off-chance you have yet to notice or be informed about it.

The text in question that contains the typo is as follows ^^:
"She squeezes her thighs together, nearly clamping down on your the sides of your head while writhing involuntarily from your touch." So yeah :b that was the one typo I could find. Don't know if it's even worth mentioning x3 but I figured I might as well try to do my part to make your amazing game even more amazing!
~Sonozakicest~
SexyCurry
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

dannub-
Believe me, I've been trying to get a dog scene in for quite a while now, but the problem lies within the available 3DCG mods. Thanks to the availability of 'transparent guys' and girls, I can do most scenes involving humans, but unfortunately, out of ALL the mods (and seriously, there are a ton; minotaurs, goblins, zombies, demons, werewolves, and a gajillion types of tentacle monsters), I simply cannot find a dog mod for 3DCG. A horse, wolf, pig yes. Dog, no. When I do find one though, you better believe I'll use it.

Don't know if you noticed, but the horse I used is actually a mod someone did of a girl (?!!!?!), so it doesn't actually have a penis, perse...

As far as the combat goes, I'm actually going by a decent amount of system defaults--and yeah, almost all of the enemies' evasion rate is pretty much set towards a minimum (besides the assassins and Xanrud). So far I haven't quite found a way to adjust the PCs' accuracy, but I do understand the frustration that comes with missing a special attack.

I also make the hallways a little bit on the larger end for the benefit of the doubt, just in case I wish to add some chests, NPC's, enemies and what not later on down the road--I try to add a degree of foresight here even if it has to feel a little empty right now. Keeping that in mind, for all the common events and what not, I've also left two spaces free every time (for additional characters once the main game is done!).
However, I feel that the current girls need a lot of expanding on--they can be deep characters, but some people just don't know it yet--so I'm definitely not getting sidetracked or anything.

At any rate, thank you very much for signing on to post!

Keetel-
1.) Time and love? I may have mentioned this before, but I do go to school full-time as a college senior (20 credits) and work part-time. So unfortunately I don't have ALL day to work on DLaby, but I try to do it for at least an hour or two per day or every other day. I think an important thing in game development is to just take it little by little. I know how the majority of hentai-loving audience is like GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW but it's good to just take one's time, go over things repeatedly if necessary, and so on. Many projects die because the developer gets overwhelmed by the demands of their audience (which is admittedly pretty easy to do) or try to bite off more than they can chew, eventually facing burnout. I think it's healthy to maybe even take a break once in a while, to regain one's focus.

I honestly didn't know a damn thing about RPG Maker VX when I started (and well... after half a year, I STILL don't know all too much tbh), pretty much using basics to get by. You don't NEED to be absolutely programming-savvy to make a decent RPG Maker game, as I'm definitely not, but attention to detail and being able to follow through helps.

2.) I don't think I'll ever package this game in a purchasable form. Since I'm mainly doing this for me, the pressure involved when you have a paying audience is... a bit different, so to speak. I will, however, be open to donations, which I would mainly spend on game development anyway (i.e. hiring voice actresses and so on).

3A.) Yep, there's a wooden horse mod out there. I need to find it again before I can use it, though, obviously. If you got the Dominatrix Outfit in-game, rest assured that I WILL find a use for it, but I promise no timetable on that since my main focus right now is character development.
3B.) Well, yeah--I think a huge flaw was how ambitious I got with the game and its 8 characters, which really puts a hamper on development speed to be honest. But options are always nice, and I personally hated when a game had all of 2 characters, so I decided that this was the route I wanted to go. The way the storyline is put together, all eight of them are crucial to the plotline in their own ways, so none of them will just be disappearing, rest assured.
3C.) Question of the year. Uh... sometime within the next 2 patches. Probably. How about I respond with a question of my own; do you WANT to see the clown do something to you?

Also thanks for postan'!

SexyCurry-
I'm glad--that's my goal, to either make the existing audience enjoy the game more and more as it develops and becomes more refined, OR to draw in new audiences with the features and story I'm slowly adding in. Your support is very much appreciated!

Also, thanks for the catch on the typo! I've already fixed it for next patch. It's definitely worth mentioning, and though I don't promise this game to be perfect while in development, hopefully it'll ultimately turn into something nice given enough time and work--and also thanks to the fixes from fans like yourself.

Rakarth-
Oh, Lumina? Hehe... can't say. You'll see. Do you want to see more of her?
Last edited by KITAmaru on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Rakarth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 am

For the clown thing you mentioned heh.. I'd like to say no but it would be nice if the clown actually had a use of some sorts..... ^.^
Rakarth

Postby Sync » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 am

SexyCurry Wrote:And I nearly burst with happiness when I discovered the ShitKey ShiftKey = Sprint feature.

Fixed that for ya! 8-)
If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Sync

Postby Keetel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 am

do you WANT to see the clown do something to you?

Sure. It would probably be disturbing and/or funny.

I too am a college senior, pretty funny I guess, but good luck.
Keetel
Newly Registered

Postby dannub » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 am

Wow, they have wolves, but not dogs? That's just...weird. Well, as long as the wolves have knots (or can be modeled as such...), they're just as good.
dannub

Postby mrbananaboatman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 am

I seem to be having a new issue since the update. After installing the new update several times is still get an error when trying to start the program, this error is RGSS202E.dll could not be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nvm i fixed it cus im a dumbass
Last edited by mrbananaboatman on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrbananaboatman
Newly Registered

Postby LaurenKitsune » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Dont post that often but i just wanted to say that you are full of awesomeness and win!!! love every single part of this game ^-_-^
LaurenKitsune
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Alright then, a clown huh... You asked for it. Now, what to quiz you guys on...

dannub-
It is odd, isn't it? I haven't checked the wolf models uhhh... up close yet to see if they have knots, but I'll let you know I suppose...

mrbananaboatman-
Sounds like a corrupt or missing RTP, so reinstalling the game won't fix that. What you'll have to do is reinstall the RTP (link in the first post), or just try running the version I uploaded with the RTP included, the link for which is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cwet7a4quu8j8ee

LaurenKitsune-
Can't say I've seen you post here before, but either way, thank you very much for commenting on the thread! Good to know you find it enjoyable, and I'm sure you might be happy to know that some new types of somewhat interactive experiences will be in next patch, so stay tuned.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby sky-eye » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I can think of fifty things I'd rather you spent time and effort on before a scene involving a joke character, personally.

That aside, the fact that you have 8 characters to pick from is more than worth the slower development. Sure it's more work, but it's not like that work is wasted effort, it's just more content that provides fantastic replayability. I mean, I'm sat here playing with a whole stable of saves, but I've also already planned for a few runs that I'm not even going to start until the project is finished. It of course helps that the game happens to land right in the right place for 'what I'd like from an h-game', but I just don't tend to revisit h-games very much. This one, different story.

Also, Gywn's bath scene reads like you're in a relationship even if you never did anything with her before and your Purity is -37. 'All too familiar'?

Also also, Asella's two new scenes were both brilliant. More paladins should solve problems like that. I couldn't quite tell if it was rape or flirting.
sky-eye

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I haven't asked for the clown and I'm actually pretty neutral, but... Yknow what?

Simply for the value of saying "Wait, the clown TOO?"
"Yes. Yes, you can fuck the clown too."
I agree that you should totally put down some high quality clown fuckings.

"Have sex with ALL the things, the rpg. With well done scenes."

And this is why I love it.

Also, I don't know what kind of quiz you're talking about, but I bet I have to brute force at least ONE of the answers. XD
Lucky777

Postby angryfacecharge » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 pm

So....I've been lurking this site for a long time, longer than funny-games.biz has been leeching it's materials if that tells you anything. I've never bothered to post before, primarily because I'm incredibly lazy. I realize that with this being the case, my reply will have to be approved before you see it, so I won't ask any questions. I'll just state that I love all of the work that you have done on this game, and am glad that you continue to take the time to further it even though you have college and other things on your mind. Keep up the good work.
angryfacecharge
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 am

sky-eye-
Mm, true about the Gwyn thing--one thing I do need to do is add the conditional branch about having > 2 relationship score with Gwyn, so that almost ensures that she's touched you before (the foreplay at the bonfire before being interrupted by Xanrud). I honestly meant the bath scene (and it was pretty last minute, tbh) to be conditional only AFTER the campfire scene, but... then I realized the campfire scene was pretty hard to get in the first place. So maybe I'll spend a little more time writing progression on the bath scene somewhere down the road, who knows. The only reason the campfire scene needed Red and Blue dead was because during my own testing, I found that you could get frisky with Gwyn when Red and Blue were still in the room chasing you, and well, that just... felt kinda awkward (even if they couldn't try to join in, they were just... THERE) and ruined the moment for the most part.

The eight characters... like I said before, at first it was just me being too ambitious, but now all of them will be connected to the main plotline in some form, so you won't see any girls ditched no matter how unpopular they are--plus even Sairyn has a cult following, and isn't all that far behind the other girls.

And uh...don't worry, time isn't necessarily being wasted here because I always work on the scenes I absolutely, truly want to do first before anything else. Working on a character-specific one right now, in fact.

Lucky-
Oh, I was referring to the quiz game that the clown would give you. And yes, you will.
Naw, I'll eventually add a clown scene before long, I just like to give you guys shit about it! Hehehe.
I kinda wish there was a clown mod for 3DCG, if only to add some type of shock value to the whole thing... but alas. Well, back to homework, and maybe knocking out part of this H-scene.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 am

If you lose to Red and Blue, though, don't they disappear? I wonder if that's a bug on my end or something, but losing to them always results in them disappearing, for me, and it results in Xanrud talking about me having "taken care" of them, too.

If it ain't a bug, the scene being conditional on them being ABSENT would work, no?
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah, but at the time I wanted the people with existing save files to be able to see it and I'd have to have added a new switch.

EDIT:
Also, you can simply run from them... so it's still technically possible to get busy with Gwyn while they're there.
I'm not yet sure how to make a conditional based on whether those events are simply on the map or are gone quite yet.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 am

WELP.

Dat Coding Trouble.

Good luck with it, I've got nothin'.
Lucky777

Postby Raio10 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:31 am

for Gwyn's scene in the cg mode do you have to wait for the timer to run out when you are meant to find her as that's the only one i'm missing.
Raio10

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:53 am

Yep, timer has to count down and you make it too late. Then go ahead and beat Xanrud, Gwyn will be left behind with the two men. Talk to her in order to unlock the scene.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SexyCurry » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:47 pm

It's a me again ^^

So yeah, since I'm a new user, I'm apparently not cool enough to send PMs yet or anything ;__;" only receive them. So instead of going around and spamming the forum to where I'll have made enough posts to get authorization to send a bleeding PM to you, I'll just let myself look like a noob and reply to the PM you sent me on your thread :3 Hope that's okay.

*ehem* anyway, I'll just say I would love to take you up on your proposal :'D! It'd be my honor ^^ If you'd like my email and you're still interested, send me another PM and I'll figure some way to get into a more convenient means of exchanging messages for the two of us.
~Sonozakicest~
SexyCurry
Newly Registered

Postby Rakarth » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah I'd like to see more of Lumina :P
Rakarth

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner