Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Pretty sure nobody ACTUALLY has a problem with Thyme being overpowered. They'd just play her without any armour and not use her awesome spells, if they did.

Maybe skip some heals or something, too. *shrugs*

To Squall, the ways to get the new H-scenes are spoilered in the first post, and apart from that, the way to get the new h-scenes is by losing as usual.
Lucky777

Postby Driscoll » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Ah cheers for the reply, I've played an old save with lanie to the new area and started the game again with Emillia and both freeze when talking to anyone in that training bit or trying to leave through the north door

There is no music as well when I enter
Driscoll
Newly Registered

Postby SquallLion » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
To Squall, the ways to get the new H-scenes are spoilered in the first post, and apart from that, the way to get the new h-scenes is by losing as usual.

I already read the spoiler whe nI downloaded the game! but do I HAD TO play since a new game?
SquallLion

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

It goes like this.

For the new H-SCENES, it's not necessary to start a new game.
It's impossible to miss them once you do what is mentioned in the spoiler, and it's impossible to miss them if you lose to the new enemies.
Seeing them and saving after you see them will unlock them in CG mode, same as any other scenes.

To unlock scenes in CG mode, you have to see the scene in this version of the game, or a later version, and then save the instance of the game in which you SAW that scene to any save slot, after having seen that scene.
It doesn't matter what happens to the save slot afterwards, as long as the game in which you saw the scene is once saved to some save slot. The scene will remain unlocked.

If you saw a scene in a past version of the game and saved, that alone won't cause the scene to be unlocked, even if you import that save file.
You have to see a scene in this version, and then save to some slot, in this version, and then the scenes you saw and saved "having seen" will be unlocked in CG mode.
The state of scenes being locked or unlocked in CG mode is saved in a file called "Cg.save", which can be transferred from version to version.

That is all.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Whoah guys. Sorry if I can't respond to every single one because for some of the newer members, who need posts approved by moderators, sometimes their inquiries don't actually show up until the page has moved on, and I usually don't check 2 pages back and so on. But uh, I'm trying, so let's see here...

potmasiero-
Looks like quite a few people want to see some of the bunny girl. Hate to say it but sometimes requests do influence my choices on which H-scenes to work on next, so make sure to vote for your favorite NPC's in the DLaby discussion thread (link is in my sig).

Yugo654-
Ah, the music for Xanrud's theme is part of the default RPG VX runtime package. I can send it to you if you want, or you can acquire all of the music by downloading a trial version of RPG Maker VX and simply exporting the songs you like to your desktop or whatever via Tools ~> Resource Manager. This includes both the song that plays when he shows up to interrupt your moment with Gwyn and when you fight him.

To unlock Drugged and Left Behind, basically you need to NOT show up in time to rescue Gwyn after Xanrud has taken her. She won't join the party and will be left behind with the two villagers to um, counteract the effects of the drug the rogue leader has given her. Talk to her to see a random variety of H-scenes, which then will be unlocked in the Gallery after you save. Keep in mind that if accessed from the CG mode, it won't show them one by one but at random like it's supposed to, since the gallery simply replays the actual event itself.

Also, I'm glad you like the update. I'm rather proud of it myself--yes, it's short, but I think the H-scenes are good in that a few new fetishes have been answered (full-on gangbang, interracial, romantic-ish ghost sex, female restraining another female, netorare, etc.) and all of the existing ones now have much better quality so are worth revisiting via the Gallery in the first place.

Grape_Drink (and all)-
Yep, I'm aware of the bug that occurs regarding Xanrud's event triggering from an old save. Not a whole lot I can do with that for now, and I'm guessing it might have to do with the Chambers being split in two, but I'll see if I can't update that for next patch somehow...

EDIT: I believe the problem behind Xanrud's scene triggering from older saves is because the Chambers had been split in two and the event's 'off' switch works off of a self-switch instead of a general switch. Basically, what that means in English is this will be a bug that persists for older save files no matter what I do, but won't occur for any new games you start.

And the new CG's, well... mainly it's less pixelation, but yeah, I actually have changed the expressions a bit. Using the poser on 3DCG can actually be a pain in the ass, as many are welcome to try, but as I've gone along to make scenes for DLaby, I've gotten more used to manipulating the facial expressions and 'bone' structure.

Driscoll-
Game freezing in that manner? First report I've had that involves that. Are you using an old save or a new game? It sounds like a VX issue or maybe a compatibility thing since not a single one of my testers ran into that--might also have to do with the new background music, maybe... I'd try reinstalling. It sounds like the BGM during extraction might have been corrupted, so make sure that all of the files in your DLaby bgm folder are there and working--comeandgetit.mp3, ancientgroover.mp3, jumpingdragon.mp3 and nanoeast.mp3.

Cliff Racer-
Ugh, sorry to hear about that. I'd probably try re-downloading the entire thing and seeing what happens, while putting your Saves in a separate folder on the desktop or something. Sorry if I don't know every answer to bugs that occur--I'm not the one who made RPG Maker VX, I merely use it as a tool to make this game! Apparently there are entire threads regarding troubleshooting for compatibility and certain issues with VX; if I find a good one, I'll be sure to put it up here in the opening post.

thaskippy-
Yeah, see the files called Save1, Save2, Save3, etc. in your DLaby folder? Cut those out and paste those into the folder of the newest version to resume.

BlueSlime-
Thanks. ;D I owe it to you too, y'know.
Haha, you're the only person who--rrrmphh... Yep!

Also, you were gonna get a special spot in the credits but I wasn't sure if you were okay with being on there--are you?

Rakarth-
Yeah, that's honestly just a temporary thing (kind of like Surrender in its own way) until later. Ideally I would like people to make separate games for high and low Purity, since there will be a lot more rewards for high Purity in the future--that doesn't mean I will neglect the low-Purity players by any means, however.

Squall-
All of the new H-scenes are in the new areas. Basically... what Lucky said. Thanks Lucky!

Insomniac-
To be in a relationship with Gwyn, you need over 70 Purity for most characters besides Rhiannon and Thyme, who need over 40 or 50 if I'm not mistaken.

Kr0min-
Realistically, you can expect a new patch abooout monthly. I've been a little slow on the last one, admittedly, since I took a bit of a break, but it really depends on the scenes; some require more work than others, and I admittedly spent hours upon hours to do the several minutes of gameplay you might have seen for this patch regarding the new areas, mainly because it was split across eight characters. The next patch, 0.09, is goal-oriented rather than how much I can get in that time (I need to make a unique H-scene and event for Thyme, Irine, Cesca and Lanie, as well as add at least 2 new areas or so), so I'd probably give it a month and a half to be generous, depending on how much school tries to kick my ass--still intending on keeping my GPA up.

Anyway, I understand that there are a few bugs regarding using old saves for this one, but it's also part of why I made existing scenes new and shiny, since most likely you'll want to start some new games anyway to unlock your favorite H-scenes, especially if you are a completionist ;D Also allows you to revisit them without having to load up save after save, which is nice.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Crossbow1701 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am

KITAmaru you won't be able to unlock some of the CG for some characters right. For instance Irine can't seduce the Pikeman cuse she kills him afterwords. And does it matter if you choose Low or High purity CG at the beginning?
Crossbow1701

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:31 am

Well, not in one playthrough, unfortunately, especially for that particular NPC. However, by going there twice (try saving right before you meet him and are at the threshold of Purity, which I belieeeeve is 70) you can unlock them both, provided you save afterwards. Every single scene in the gallery mode is unlockable, just not in one playthrough. For now, I'd try to land the seduction scene, since it's almost identical to the lose one in terms of CG's, but with one more.

Next patch I'm actually making the two Guard Pikeman scenes a bit more distinct, seeing as they have their own common events (similar to how saying 'yes' and 'no' to the three sailors had pretty different outcomes). Like, by seducing him you'll keep it standing and maybe throw some head in there, whereas by losing he'll just keep you pinned to the ground and so on like we've seen before.

EDIT:
It won't make the two Guard Pikeman CG's any easier to get per se, but it'll make it more... worth it, if that makes any sense, since they will be much more distinct from each other.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby GottaLuvHentai » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am

This has probably been answered already, but i can;t play the game because of the "RGSS202.DLL Could Not be Found"
any idea how to fix that?
GottaLuvHentai
Newly Registered

Postby Crossbow1701 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Well, not in one playthrough, unfortunately, especially for that particular NPC. However, by going there twice (try saving right before you meet him and are at the threshold of Purity, which I belieeeeve is 70) you can unlock them both, provided you save afterwards. Every single scene in the gallery mode is unlockable, just not in one playthrough. For now, I'd try to land the seduction scene, since it's almost identical to the lose one in terms of CG's, but with one more.

Next patch I'm actually making the two Guard Pikeman scenes a bit more distinct, seeing as they have their own common events (similar to how saying 'yes' and 'no' to the three sailors had pretty different outcomes). Like, by seducing him you'll keep it standing and maybe throw some head in there, whereas by losing he'll just keep you pinned to the ground and so on like we've seen before.

so make it easier to get all the CGs pretty much?
Crossbow1701

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 am

GottaLuvHentai-
Yep, it means you need to download the RPG Maker VX runtime package. That or you can just download the game with the RTP included, of which the link is on the first post, or here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwet7a4quu8j8ee

Also, for the other people who need their questions answered, I just made a big collection of answers a few posts up.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Grape_Drink » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:11 am

So I have to ask Kit, if/when the game gets further in or to a "complete" state, would it be possible to recruit people from the community or somesuch for voice acting?

The idea kinda just occured to me when I was playing as Lanie and how it would be interesting to see the characters actually have voices.

I also understand that music/sound files can take up more space than an entire game...

So yeah, just wondering if you had considered the possibility?
Grape_Drink

Postby kiethoo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 pm

I think you should add a new Vote because honestly Gywn is my Favorite Character!
Shes so cute and sweet.

Mybe post a vote for what people would like most for 0.9 after your other stuff is worked on.

More Scenes with Gywn. (High Purity)
More H Scenes with Gywn (Losing Battles)
or
More what ever..

I just want more Gywn and High Purity Stuff which you have already said alot of people want more High Purity stuff. So keep up the great work!
--
Oh can someone mybe post a discription of some of the Special Effects from some of the attacks? Or even what the 4 Stats count towards...When I play Asella I try to get her lots of DEF and SPRT and Gwyn lots of Attack and Agillty.
kiethoo

Postby Driscoll » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Downloaded again, started a new save with rhiannon this time and the same crash occured, ah well, thanks for trying at least.

I wonder if its got something to do with me using vista?
Driscoll
Newly Registered

Postby Rakarth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 pm

Just wondering what you plan on doing with that other paladin chick you meet with Emilia (Forgot the name.) If at all anything.
Rakarth

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 am

Driscoll-
Honestly, it shouldn't, since I use Vista to compose and run the game. I'd probably check an RPGVX troubleshooting site since it doesn't seem to be a scripting or coding issue, being a relatively unique problem... One last thing you can try is to reinstall or delete the RTP for RPGVX, then download my version of DLaby with the RTP included and try it from there. I know that a corrupted runtime package is the cause of many a problem in VX.

The link to DLaby WITH RTP included is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwet7a4quu8j8ee

And here's the help file / FAQ for RPG VX:
http://rpgmakervx.wikia.com/wiki/The_Of ... _FAQ/Bible

Grape_Drink-
Actually, I remember a few pages back I was talking about that, grabbing some voice actresses (at least 4) to do sound bites for H-scenes and what not, to make the game a little more unique in its own way. However, I didn't do much advertising beyond that soo, haven't had a whole lot of luck with it. I've seen some of the trouble that certain developers go through with their VA's however, and considering the huge amount of dialogue in the game, I would limit the actresses' work to short, commonly used phrases and of course sex sounds. So in short, yes, I've more than considered it, but haven't been able to follow through as of this time.

kiethoo-
Aah, right. Well, nice to see another Gwyn fan--I guess the reason why I didn't add her is because she's pretty much a given. There are still more H-scenes planned with Gwyn, both high and low Purity. It's just that in the upcoming patches, I also plan to be adding high-Purity hetero scenes due not only to the abundant requests for them, but also in order to balance out the current lack thereof.

As far as the status effects, those are subject to change... but in short, Stun disables the enemy for one round, Sleep disables them until they're hit, Paralysis disables them for at least 2 rounds before wearing off by chance, Poison takes off 10% max HP per turn and lowers DEF by 50%, Darkness reduces HIT ratio, Confusion makes you attack yourself with about a 40% chance of wearing off after 1 round and every turn after that, aaand... yeah there are a few more, but those are the most common ones.

The stats;
ATK is physical attack, pretty self-explanatory, DEF is defense, SPI is basically INT (affects spellcasting, healing, stuff like that) and AGI determines priority / who gets to move first. I had a page that gave better details, but can't find it right now so I'll post up the link when I find it.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 am

KITAmaru Wrote:The stats:
ATK is physical attack, pretty self-explanatory, DEF is defense, SPI is basically INT (affects spellcasting, healing, stuff like that) and AGI determines priority / who gets to move first. I had a page that gave better details, but can't find it right now so I'll post up the link when I find it.

That's actually pretty great. I've been at least mildly interested in the details of that stuff for a while myself.

Even if I can't make heads nor tails out of the equations, I hope the page included things like some basic Stat -to - damage conversion equations of some sort.
Lucky777

Postby dannub » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:28 am

Okay, played through the whole thing once, so here's my suggestions/requests. Haven't read through the thread, so there might be some old stuff here...

For a request, I'd love to see a dog scene added to the Stalls. Or even as an encounter in the next part of the dungeon, since there's already a horse scene. Perhaps an animal trainer division, or some group that just uses dogs for whatever they do. Oh, and the horse lady who initiates you could decide to take you to her stables after a few rounds with her horse, so you end up as a breeding mare for everyone's horses (with a game over, perhaps).

As far as the gameplay goes, it feels like everyone misses/dodges in combat too much. I don't know if that's something you can alter or if it's just built into the game engine. Special attacks in particular ought to hit most of the time unless blinded.

Also, you should consider adding an in-game map. The dungeon's pretty sizeable already. Lastly, there were a couple of empty hallways near the second portal room (the two hallways leading to the first Gwyn encounter) that didn't seem to have a purpose other than making you run down them to get somewhere. You could either get rid of them or add something to them so they have a point.

Just my two cents.
dannub

Postby Crossbow1701 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 am

I'm missing 3 CG for one character. Both Sailor ones (I couldn't figure out wear they were) and the Gwen one before the Brawlers in the Menu.
Crossbow1701

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:36 am

The Sailors are located in the Syndicate Bar. You'll get two entirely different scenes depending on if you answer 'Yes' or 'No' to their proposal, but you can only answer 'Yes' in the first place if your Purity is under 35.

As far as the first scene with Gwyn, you'll need to have her in your party, Red and Blue need to be dead (meaning you must have killed them in battle, not lost to them), and your relationship with Gwyn must be 2 or above; if you made out with her at the campfire site, you're on the right track. Go to the place exactly 2 spaces east of the bonfire with her in the party and she'll suggest you take a rest--answer 'yes' and it should go from there.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Keetel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Ok two things, no wait three things:

1) How does one make something of this quality with RPG maker?

2) With more stuff this could be made into something epic and actually worth purchasing.

3) This is not only an intriguing story but has nice mechanics behind it.

3a)Have you or are you considering adding bondage stuff to this, like there's the wooden horse, what about other things?
3b)All the chatracters have different and interesting stories/graphics/mechanics, I think all of them should remain an option.
3c) When is the clown going to do something?

Great game, keep up the good work, and I am inspired to make rpgs because of this (not necessarily all smutty).
Keetel
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner