Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 am

Hey, been lurking here for a while (was kinda embaressed to actually sign up) but I decided to pop in a few words. Been following a few of the projects on here since I saw the logo over on Newgrounds and Funny Games.

I don't really have much experience with anything other than Game Maker so I doubt I'll be able to help out with anything even if I wanted to.

Still... In regards to the questions lately about sex scenes for the non-main characters... I was thinking, but why not have the characters just react to the situations? Could just insert a quick line of text to recognize that the ally is there, something like "You see Gwyn being held down as the bandit ravishes you,"or something more ellaborate? It provides the illusion to the player without ever having to draw extra scenes for the side characters. Just thinking of a quick fix while adding to immersion.

I recognize that even something like that could take a lot of time though, I just wanted to throw in my two cents.
Grape_Drink

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:57 am

SexyCurry-
Thanks for registering to post here! It's always nice to see another player come out of the woodwork.
Glad to see you're enjoying it, and that the characters interest you. If there are any of the 'Primary 8' that don't seem to carry a whole lot of depth, don't worry--there are plans in progress for every girl in that aspect, it's just a matter of execution and slooowly making progress here.

I like to think of it as me telling a story, just that it takes a little longer considering I practically have to do it for 8 characters (plus the smut, of course).
And don't worry, Nebula and her little groupies will have a role later on in the series. With enough popularity votes really, I can technically re-introduce almost any character, honestly.

Grape_Drink-
Again, thanks for registering to post! Yeah, that's something I plan to implement eventually for the most part. A quick conditional branch should be a relatively easy fix for the Gwyn dilemma, as well as the various characters that may join your party in the future. And don't worry, you don't need experience for simple input / suggestions, provided you understand the limitations of some of the things I'm working with (for example, it might be difficult to portray more extreme fetishes with 3DCG if the mods for such a thing don't exist, and so on).

The next patch is this weekend, so stay tuned!
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Insomniac » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Hrm...
Emilia - 90
Rhiannon - 70
Irine - 100
Cesca - 100
Thyme - 60
Lanie - 80
Sairyn - 95
Asella - 100
There ya go.

Thanks for this. Also, does each scene affect Purity differently, and if so, how?
Insomniac

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:03 am

No problem.
Each scene does affect Purity, and it often depends on how far you go physically; giving oral or other forms of foreplay, for example, tend to only reduce Purity by half the amount as actual penetration would and so on. These values are still subject to change, occasionally. Also, I'm still working on this part but for the newer scenes, the choice you pick can adjust your Purity by a marginal amount, so that you can better preserve your Purity if you are resistant, or make it drop even lower if you choose a more... lewd answer, I guess.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 am

This is probably going to sound dumb since I'm sure its been asked somewhere in here, but is Purity affected solely by sex/sexual situations, or is it affected by actions too?

For instance, even as bandits it seems to me as if slitting their throats while they sleep would drop a couple purity points due to under-handed tactics/how some of the characters (like Asella) go about killing them.

At the same time I can see something like that falling more under a morality sort of thing while purity is strictly how much "experience" they've had in terms of sexual contact.

Kinda came about when I noticed some of Emilia's dialogue choices/how her purity starts at 90
Grape_Drink

Postby Raio10 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 pm

KITAmaru when i'm checking the cg mode the only scene that doesn't show is the sleeping bandit how do i get this scene??
Raio10

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Dude, PM me with concerns regarding the test version! XD
But since you already asked here, the first sleeping bandit won't unlock you a CG because he's not linked to a Common Event per se. The ones in the Barracks won't either, in your version, but this is already fixed for the final release. Same with the gate bandit, red/blue, and so on.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Raio10 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

my bad i was going to but i decided not to sorry.
Raio10

Postby Adelhart » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am

Heya there KITAmaru! Another lurker come to pay his dues. I'm interested in doing some testing, but I don't have the required 10 posts yet, so I'll send you a PM regarding that when I do, is that fine?

Um... there used to be lots of things I wanted to comment on about your work but being a lurker means that everyone else already says a kajillion times before you do so I'll condense my comments down to just saying that your work and updates have been amazing so far, and keep up the good work please :P

By the way, what exactly are we looking for as testers? Bugs obviously, but is there any other major things that we should be looking for?
Adelhart

Postby seraphz » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 am

Another roamer that sign up just to say how awesome this game is and trying to get the 10 post for beta testing =) i dont really like to spam post so its surely gonna take a while until i get them, but anyway, very good game and good job doing it, i already found myself passing it with 4 charas to see the most i can of it, and also really enjoyed the fact that some characters, like the sister, wont offer to please the spearmen and go directly into fight =). with this said i had a question, will at late version be the option to work on the bar as a bunny girl or engage into sex with the waitress dress as bunny?
Good job again =) i hope to see more of it coming soon
seraphz
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:50 am

seraphz Wrote:also really enjoyed the fact that some characters, like the sister, wont offer to please the spearmen and go directly into fight =).

Purity is a pretty essential mechanic of the game.
If it's ground down, even the most prudish character will become a slut, and if it's (heaven forfend) ground UP, even a literal
whore might become more selective as to who she fucks.

It's also one of my favourite mechanics, so I just thought I'd mention that their attitudes weren't set in stone.
Lucky777

Postby potmasiero » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:49 am

seraphz Wrote:Another roamer that sign up just to say how awesome this game is and trying to get the 10 post for beta testing =) i dont really like to spam post so its surely gonna take a while until i get them, but anyway, very good game and good job doing it, i already found myself passing it with 4 charas to see the most i can of it, and also really enjoyed the fact that some characters, like the sister, wont offer to please the spearmen and go directly into fight =). with this said i had a question, will at late version be the option to work on the bar as a bunny girl or engage into sex with the waitress dress as bunny?
Good job again =) i hope to see more of it coming soon

At this point, it isn't worthy. KITA said the next version is gonna be released this weekend.

Fantastic game, btw, really love it. Rhiannon is my favourite.
potmasiero

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Alright, updated. Just going to post it here for now just in case I get any emergency bugs (which I doubt, thanks to my playtesters!)

I would just like to say that I feel VERY good about this update, why? The CG overhaul! Having gotten a new computer, I took the time to redo a good amount of the really pixelated scenes; basically every scene from the starting bandit up to... the Wolfram gate thug H-scene, and some in the Chambers such as the first dominatrix one and the first Twins scene. Now, when a new player starts the game, they won't have to worry about sudden, drastic changes in CG quality--it should look pretty good from the get-go.

Not to mention, gallery / CG mode and credits added. If I missed anyone, worry not--your name will likely appear in the next version.

Grape_Drink-
Yeah, originally Purity had to do with that, but I decided to change it to a gauge of a character's attitudes towards sex.
The flavor-wise change is still in progress, but for now, consider it to just be a sexual thing and not necessarily a determinant of your character's goals and what not.

Adelhart-
Hello, and welcome! Yes, that's fine. You don't need to technically be skilled in RPG Maker VX or anything like that to be a tester--all you need is to be able to spot incorrectly placed portraits / non-matching CG's and so on, particularly the little mistakes I make when staying up late and working on the game. That's about it. Also, all 'registered' beta testers gain access to the use of some cheater items, like a teleporter, a Purity adjuster, a level adjuster, an auto-win item for combat, and so on.

seraphz-
Thanks for posting on the thread as well!
Yes; Irine has an inherently high Purity score. Basically... what Lucky said. It's still a system partially in the works, but Purity can determine what your character is willing and not willing to do (usually in the context of H-stuff), as well as what she says during an H-scene. It also sets each girl apart from one another.

As for the bunny girl at the bar, a 1 on 1 session is likely here, since I've received quite a bit of requests. I'll likely put it in for 0.09 or 0.10.
Also check the discussion thread, a new poll is up since I think I have a pretty good handle at this point on what people want to see fetish-wise. You get to vote for uh... your favorite NPC!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Yugo654 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Kita, I must first say that I am a big fan of Despair Labyrinth and I've been keeping track of it since 0.2. And it was this that persuaded me to make an account for I have some questions that I don't believe has been answered.

1. I noticed in the newest patch, the background music for the newer areas have been added in the game folder, but where is the audio for the rest of the game. I ask this because I've really been wanting the Mp3 for Xanrud's theme. It's amazing. Is there a reason why the rest of the music isn't included?

2. How do you unlock the only Gwen scene in Gallery Mode? (Drugged and Left Behind)

Also I noticed that the extra scene involving Gwen and the Bruiser's isn't available in Gallery Mode, as it ends right before it. (Although I've only made a playthrough with Sairyn so far, it may just be her)

Besides that, AMAZING update. Definitely the best so far. Keep it up :D
Yugo654
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

This update totally pushes Thyme back ahead of Rhiannon in terms of who is my absolute favourite.

Also, looking at an older copy and the current one side by side, the difference in the early-game CGs really IS noticeable.

On an unrelated note, I STILL laugh every time I catch a glimpse of those brawlers' faces.
Lucky777

Postby Grape_Drink » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I think I found a glitch, course it may be on purpouse

If you've beaten Xanrund, and go back to the room you had to find with the new update (using an old save) you re-initiate the battle
Grape_Drink

Postby Insomniac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Hmm, for future reference, how much purity is required for the first Gwyn scene, after saving her from the four bandits?
Insomniac

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Heh, thanks! And yeah, believe me, those faces crack me up too. Try having to work with them through all of those poses, LOL!
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Rakarth » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I've finally decided to make an account because I really do enjoy this game... But I've been having a problem with the gallery. I've tried to load a brand new save game I made in version .08 and it seems like I can't unlock any of the gallery when I did. I could before but not after. Anyway good game and keep up the good work.... I'd help you if I could but I'm still learning how to use 3DS max (what a pain >:|) and because of other things I don't really have the time >< 10/10 though. Can't wait to see more for Emilia :P
Rakarth

Postby Insomniac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Also, how do you get this Rhiannon H-scene?

Some of this music seems familiar, too... Are they RPG-Maker defaults?
Insomniac

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner