Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby ShadowFax » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 am

I wouldn't worry about it at all Kita. It isn't just a daunting thought. If people would THINK about it they would realize the impossibility of it. Let's say there are four additional party members. We'll label them 1,2,3, and 4 then you have your main character (of which there are 9 for anyone keeping score) you have to go back to the earlier enemy characters make the h-scene for your main character. Then add one for the main character and 1, then make one for the char and 2, then one with 3, then one with 4.... THEN you have to make one with your char and 1 AND 2. Then you have to do it for 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 4 and 1......... then you have to do one with your main char and 1,2 and 3. Then one with the main char and 2,3 and 4, then 1,3 and 4.... etc. etc. THEN you have to do it ALL over again for the other 8 PC's.

How much do you value your hard drive space people? How fast would you like the game to be made? It's impossible. Maybe if there was a Dev team with fifty people working on this but it's time for you to STOP asking that question.

Edit: Maybe we should make an FAQ thread and link to from your sig KITA? Then you could just ignore questions you've already answered fifty times
ShadowFax

Postby DragonRB » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm

FAQ

Q) OMGBBQ whenz is teh next release????!!!!?!?!?!11!!!??one
A) When it's done.

Anything else we need to address? :D
DragonRB

Postby Kr0min » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Kita, I just completely love your devotion to this project, I have been a huge supporter since it came out and I'm really impressed with the time you took to make this project. I'm going to try to apply as a beta tester when I get more posts to help out as much as I can.

Any requirements on being a Beta-tester, do you need to do something to apply for it?
Kr0min
Newly Registered

Postby DragonRB » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

FAQ

Q) How do I sign up to be a beta tester?
A) Get to 10 posts so you can send PMs, then ask nicely by sending KITAmaru a PM or commenting in the thread.

This is fun! :-D
DragonRB

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Idea of a Faq's actually pretty cool, yeah. Since we've hit the point where there are recurring questions, it'd be a pleasant thing to compile and toss in well, maybe the first post of this thread, I dunno. Perhaps in the discussion thread, or even in both.
Lucky777

Postby DragonRB » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:16 pm

I suspect it doesn't really matter where we put it, as many of the people who ask the questions that keep coming up didn't read the entire thread (not that I blame them... 56 pages? yikes), and thus would be likely to miss the FAQ as well. So we'll still get folks asking questions, just instead of answering them we can say 'GOD! Didn't you read the FAQ? Go check it out here, and come back when you have something intelligent to add!' I for one look forward to being an internet hipster and harassing the user base. :-D
DragonRB

Postby Sakome » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Regardless of the FAQ people are going to ask the same questions, though this is a smaller forum so it might work.
Sakome

Postby ShadowFax » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:28 pm

The point of an FAQ though is that you can ignore reoccuring questions or simply direct them to check the FAQ rather than having to answer the question for the fourtieth time. :) much less time to write "check the FAQ on my Sig"
ShadowFax

Postby DragonRB » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Very true. I'll start going back through the thread and formatting the most asked questions. Then KITA can copy/paste into first post if he wants.
DragonRB

Postby mafagafe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:04 am

ShadowFax nice argument about the scene with more members in the party and how "painfull" would be the more H-scenes invoving they. I agree with you about it.
mafagafe

Postby MastrMarz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 am

mafagafe Wrote:ShadowFax nice argument about the scene with more members in the party and how "painfull" would be the more H-scenes invoving they. I agree with you about it.

... Very random and not making much sense, but okay.

ANYWAYS. I love seeing the Beta-testing question again even though THREE POSTS BEFORE that was explained. xD
Just saying.
MastrMarz

Postby Mango » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 pm

So, um, I made an account just to say that I'm loving the game so far. There was going I was going to say but I kinda forgot it while registering. :lol:
MastrMarz Wrote:... Very random and not making much sense, but okay.

ANYWAYS. I love seeing the Beta-testing question again even though THREE POSTS BEFORE that was explained. xD

I'm pretty sure that mafagafe was referring to:
ShadowFax Wrote:I wouldn't worry about it at all Kita. It isn't just a daunting thought. If people would THINK about it they would realize the impossibility of it. Let's say there are four additional party members. We'll label them 1,2,3, and 4 then you have your main character (of which there are 9 for anyone keeping score) you have to go back to the earlier enemy characters make the h-scene for your main character. Then add one for the main character and 1, then make one for the char and 2, then one with 3, then one with 4.... THEN you have to make one with your char and 1 AND 2. Then you have to do it for 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 4 and 1......... then you have to do one with your main char and 1,2 and 3. Then one with the main char and 2,3 and 4, then 1,3 and 4.... etc. etc. THEN you have to do it ALL over again for the other 8 PC's.

How much do you value your hard drive space people? How fast would you like the game to be made? It's impossible. Maybe if there was a Dev team with fifty people working on this but it's time for you to STOP asking that question.

Edit: Maybe we should make an FAQ thread and link to from your sig KITA? Then you could just ignore questions you've already answered fifty times

Which actually does make sense. If KITAmaru wants to go back and do all that then that's great but it would be a hell of a lot of work that isn't really necessary. It would be nice but nothing that would ruin the game as far as I can tell.

And yes, the question about beta-testing already having been answered is pretty damn funny.
Mango

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:16 am

Hey Mango, and thanks for registering just to post here! It's often very encouraging to see lurkers (as I had been for a looong time) coming on to give their two cents.

Most likely what I'll eventually end up doing for the Gwyn additions with the rape / lose scenes would be a conditional branch, involving her own CG and a brief description of what's going on. Of course, I'd probably only start with the most common or reusable enemies--perhaps the chasers in the Chambers, Gargoyles, Red Slimes and so on. Then I can add in the more obscure encounters based on demand, I suppose. I'm glad to see people actually like Gwyn, though, as I didn't want the dungeon's first 'partner' to be a widely hated individual considering I pretty much had to shove her down your throats (and even then offered an out).

Anyway, the testing version is out. Not a whole lot going on but I hoped to add some insight regarding a couple of characters this patch, add another two fetishes to the mix with the new H-scenes, generally increase the quality of CG's while boosting their overall numbers, and so on for this version. Also, the Gallery Mode should make it so that you don't need SO many saves in order to just see your favorite scenes again, though the Game Over H-scenes are still not currently working. Thanks to plby2005 and Raziel321 for making the script, ker for providing it and DragonRB for configuring it, as well as helping with all sorts of things a VX noob like me needed help on.

Kind of silly but I am also in a very... 3DCG mood, sooo right after all the bugs are fixed and the patch is released (sometime before this weekend depending on the severity of the test version's bugs), I'm actually going to go ahead and start revising the older, more pixelated CG's. That way, come 0.10, we'll have a much more 'polished' looking game with somewhat less inexplicable changes in the HCG graphics and what not.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby sexkitten21 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 am

I just want to say that I love your game to death~ Everything about it is so well thought out and fantastically designed :D And the replay value is my favorite bit. I love placing myself in the shoes of one of your girls out of this big colorful selection you've made. Also you're a pretty talented writer too :///3 I just have one question.

When I play, some of the text seems to get cut off in the text box. Normally I'm able to guess what a character has just said when this happens, but other times I'm simply at a loss. I'm sure this has been brought up before and I'm so sorry for bringing it up to you again, but is their a fix for this?

Thanks again for sharing this amazing creation with us! Please keep it up~
sexkitten21
Newly Registered

Postby Insomniac » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 am

10 posts, eh. That's... Difficult for lurkers like myself xD
Insomniac

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 am

Insomniac-
Hey, you're at 7... That's just 3 away! Not that I'm encouraging people to make filler / fluff posts, but regardless, PMing is a necessary privilege on the forum to be able to beta test properly and effectively. Almost there... :D

sexkitten21-
Hello and thanks for posting on this thread!
I've worked pretty hard on ensuring that all text fits in the box for my screen and for many others, but unfortunately, the issue you appear to be having seems to be a compatibility problem with RPG Maker VX. There are a few factors which can influence this;
-Screen resolution
-RPGVX RTP or Run Time Package corruption (can be re-downloaded here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package)
-Your computer's OS (I've heard issues of people switching from XP to Vista and then running into text based issues for some reason)

First thing I would do is adjust your screen's resolution to max. I used to run it on something that had 1280 by 800, if that helps at all. The game's window itself is 640 x 480 (which is even larger than your standard RPGVX window). If that doesn't help, then I'd reinstall the RTP...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/943648-rpg-m ... s?qid=5026

If none of that works, or doesn't make sense to you, just hang on tight and I'll send you a version of 0.08 with the font adjusted to hopefully fit inside the entire box--so long as you don't mind it being somewhat smaller. The new release will almost assuredly be this weekend, since the test version is already out and being run through by my beta testers.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Insomniac » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 am

Has someone posted a list of how much Purity each character began with? Could've sworn I came across it somewhere once, not sure where anymore though.
Insomniac

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Hrm...
Emilia - 90
Rhiannon - 70
Irine - 100
Cesca - 100
Thyme - 60
Lanie - 80
Sairyn - 95
Asella - 100
There ya go.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby kiethoo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

I sent you a PM and Ive been playing since 0.5. I no get to beta : {
I want to see what happens to gwen and the (high morals) Character I play (Thief).
kiethoo

Postby SexyCurry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am

Heya ^^ Just thought I'd tell you how much I love your game~ Thank you so much for making it and sharing it with us so I could have something to do :3 (especially since I'm now cooped up in my house sick as a bitch ;__;")

But anyway I digress. I love virtually everything about this game. My favorite character is a tie between Asella and Irine but I've been tinkering with the other girls as well an I gotta say I am floored by how much effort you must have put into this game to make it so that you could have such a wide selection of unique girls to choose from. I enjoy being able to experience these fun little scenarios from a myriad of different perspectives and personality types :////D

I also think the story and the world is very interesting, so beyond a good healthy splooshfest, you also provide us with a compelling tale to keep us playing your game after we come off our sexual high (which is very important, I say, since that's the reason I can't complete a great many other games on this site as well as others). So far, the main characters that you've introduced, both playable and unplayable, have solid stories and personalities or they at the very least look like they'll turn out to be very interesting and fun to watch. Nebula (shit...I think that's her name :B) already has amused me a heck of a lot and she hasn't made more than one slightly comical appearance.

So all in all, amazing work! ^^ I seriously am excited to see this game get finished one day and until that day I hope to lend you all the support and help that I can provide! Thanks again for the great game! Now that I'm done writing this, it's time to resume my little playthrough :'D
~Sonozakicest~
SexyCurry
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner