The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 10/16: 45+ ILLUSTRATED SCENE

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:25 pm

The newest update is public! Get it here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

I am tired, so see the blog for all notes.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Downloading! I was thinking "yanno, I should probably DL from itch.io since I have an account there" but that version's still 51.2. How often are you on itch.io?

I think the biggest things (other than being careful with money) on why I keep enjoying TLS is the humor (in spite of the overall tone being serious, there's lots of comedy) and Qum. She's just so wondrously silly and even if people don't admit it, everyone seems to love Qum, and Qum tries to be friends with everyone, resulting in such lines as "it's like hugging an unsexy dead fish" (when hugging Dari for the first time)
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

musical74 Wrote:Downloading! I was thinking "yanno, I should probably DL from itch.io since I have an account there" but that version's still 51.2. How often are you on itch.io?

I try to avoid different instances of the same build, as it's a real pain when changes are needed. So the itch.io version is essentially there to draw in new players, but I update it only sporadically.

musical74 Wrote:I think the biggest things (other than being careful with money) on why I keep enjoying TLS is the humor (in spite of the overall tone being serious, there's lots of comedy) and Qum. She's just so wondrously silly and even if people don't admit it, everyone seems to love Qum, and Qum tries to be friends with everyone, resulting in such lines as "it's like hugging an unsexy dead fish" (when hugging Dari for the first time)

I enjoy writing Qum. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/15: 50+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 am

I'm back with a new update for patrons! You can find it in the usual places, or read more at the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... eased.html

TLS 0.55.0
- Open world update, including new income and research
- Brand new nation: Rodak
- Many new investments, most in the new nations, but also some scattered around.
- New content unlocked in Orgasmic Empire, and in Eustrin if you resolved its problems earlier.
- Eight new text scenes, including six for new harem members
- Fourteen (!) new illustrated scenes: Carina handjob, Dari blowjob, Dari 69, Ginasta bathing, Hilstara x Galvia, Iris + Megail, Janine cunnilingus, Megail + Hilstara, Robin titfuck, Sarai missionary, Varia chains, Wendis titfuck, Yarra x Fuani
- Over fifty (!!) new sex sprites! Every harem character now has at least one with Simon, and there are some other combinations as well.

I know what you animals all really want is investments and research, which are all over this update but hard to screenshot.

During my break I also took the time to add a lot of side content, including a bunch of new illustrated scenes and a ridiculous number of new animated sprites:

This update also introduces Fuckball, which I have been waiting to do since the very beginning of the game.

Finally a taste of the new scenes:

This one should go public in a normal week, please look forward to it!
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 am

I'm back with a new update for patrons! You can find it in the usual places, or read more at the blog:

TLS 0.55.0
- Open world update, including new income and research
- Brand new nation: Rodak
- Many new investments, most in the new nations, but also some scattered around.
- New content unlocked in Orgasmic Empire, and in Eustrin if you resolved its problems earlier.
- Eight new text scenes, including six for new harem members
- Fourteen (!) new illustrated scenes: Carina handjob, Dari blowjob, Dari 69, Ginasta bathing, Hilstara x Galvia, Iris + Megail, Janine cunnilingus, Megail + Hilstara, Robin titfuck, Sarai missionary, Varia chains, Wendis titfuck, Yarra x Fuani
- Over fifty (!!) new sex sprites! Every harem character now has at least one with Simon, and there are some other combinations as well.

I know what you animals all really want is investments and research, which are all over this update but hard to screenshot.

During my break I also took the time to add a lot of side content, including a bunch of new illustrated scenes and a ridiculous number of new animated sprites:

This update also introduces Fuckball, which I have been waiting to do since the very beginning of the game.

Finally a taste of the new scenes:

Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:33 am

http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... lease.html

Please do read the blog for information about the next release. I think a sort of "half update" would be best for keeping up momentum, but there's more information there.
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 am

New update! See more here:

Just one preview this time:

I've done something weird with this one, a sort of half update. It includes new illustrations, new investments, new Orcent conversations, etc... but not the amount I'd normally put in an update. What I can say is that it's all content I think makes the game better, and that I felt doing an update like this was the best way to keep momentum.

Anyway, this update is available to all patrons $1 and up, and should definitely be going public in a week.
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 2/5: 50+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:57 am

Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:55 am

I have at long last completed one of my side projects! More info here:

This one has tons of fancy parallaxed maps:

The goal is to distinguish serious worlds like the above from places like Bangville:

Yes, those are boob and dick trees. There are a lot of new maps, so just one more:

Tons of lovely sex scene art from Crescentia:

But you know me, this game has a lot of other stuff too. I've tried to go all out with an ATB-style combat system:

And the cuter moments of the story have chibi illustrations:

This is the equivalent of many TLS updates, offering 20+ hours of content. The final game is much further down the road, but I'm happy to be finally finished with the heart of it!
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:35 am

Dang it, just tried to get it on Steam and it said "not available yet", now I need to wait until (however long) before playing it! "curses being broke" If it's anything like TLS I'm going to spend a lot of time playing it!

Curiosity question, is there going to be someone as wonderfully nutty as Qum in the new game? Part of the reason I love TLS so much is interacting with Qum is always a laugh or two, and Qum can be surprisingly deep (which usually shocks everyone) Might need to hug an unsexy dead fish again, yanno!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 am

musical74 Wrote:Dang it, just tried to get it on Steam and it said "not available yet", now I need to wait until (however long) before playing it! "curses being broke" If it's anything like TLS I'm going to spend a lot of time playing it!

Curiosity question, is there going to be someone as wonderfully nutty as Qum in the new game? Part of the reason I love TLS so much is interacting with Qum is always a laugh or two, and Qum can be surprisingly deep (which usually shocks everyone) Might need to hug an unsexy dead fish again, yanno!

Yeah, it's still a WIP only on Patreon. If you intend to get it on Steam, feel free to add it to your wishlist.

Though not exactly the same as Qum, I hope that people will enjoy a character named Ulfina (the white wolf seen in the above screenshots). Her dialogue was a lot of fun to write, and there's actually a non-canon meeting between her and Qum, because I thought it would be fun. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:00 pm

I've been working on OEA for a while (and it's still a priority), but I've finished a TLS update too! This is another open world one, and I feel quite good about it. Some of everything. ^-^

There's some brand new stuff, including new political events and new dungeons:

There's some old stuff, for example being able to finish a very long-running quest:

There's a series of challenge bosses that I put a ton of work into and I hope will inspire people to try some fun new party combinations:

And finally, Iris is getting her final harem quest:

Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 4/23: 50+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:48 am

Downloading! (and waiting for Once Ever After to finish enough for a playable demo, too bad I' can't afford to support it!) Kinda wish I could say "I know I'm going to like it because TLS so so wonderful"...oh well, just have to wait! (and see who's nuttier, Qum or Ulfina!)
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am

musical74 Wrote:Downloading! (and waiting for Once Ever After to finish enough for a playable demo, too bad I' can't afford to support it!) Kinda wish I could say "I know I'm going to like it because TLS so so wonderful"...oh well, just have to wait! (and see who's nuttier, Qum or Ulfina!)

I'll definitely post here when OEA has a demo! And there's actually a non-canon scene between Qum and Ulfina that I'm glad players have enjoyed. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri May 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Hey, everyone! I have a completely free build of one of my side projects for you!

Link: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/796886

Click through for lots of information about it, or check my blog for commentary on various subjects.
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/24: 50+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:50 pm

After a couple side projects and an insane development period, I'm back with a new update for patrons! You can find it in the usual places, or read more at the blog:

This is no sidequest update; it's a long sequence that branches based on your previous decisions:

This will be your chance to deploy your resources and relationships in a major event:

All these screenshots come from the first five minutes of the update, since I don't want to spoil the various payoffs this time:

Finally, this update contains more sophisticated philosophical dialogue:

I thought this update would be a mess, but patrons have been able to play the first build with few problems. It's immensely complex beneath the surface, however, so it will likely take two weeks to polish everything for the public release. I hope not more, but this update has continually been more work than expected.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Take your time making sure to iron out all the bugs! I don't mind waiting a little longer than expected if it means that it's more polished! (Seriously, some devs rush things to make sure to get it out by a given date, then spend the next two weeks issuing patches because it was so rushed a slew of bugs went unnoticed!)

I'm glad to see that this is still going strong! I was wondering if, given your other works, if this took a back seat. Now I just need to wait for the public version!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:03 am

musical74 Wrote:Take your time making sure to iron out all the bugs! I don't mind waiting a little longer than expected if it means that it's more polished! (Seriously, some devs rush things to make sure to get it out by a given date, then spend the next two weeks issuing patches because it was so rushed a slew of bugs went unnoticed!)

I thought I was rushing with this one, but it turned out better than expected. You can definitely expect the public version to be fully polished, which is why I didn't give an exact date there.

musical74 Wrote:I'm glad to see that this is still going strong! I was wondering if, given your other works, if this took a back seat. Now I just need to wait for the public version!

This update came a little later because I spent time on other projects, but I've been working on it in the background and I'm very happy to be back with TLS!
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/6: 50+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:17 pm

Newest update is public! Get it here:
Sierra Lee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects