Kingdom Hearts: Darkness of Light

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Darkness of Light

Postby kosh1701d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:Yeah I set up a gallery mode that lets you freely select what you want to watch with who, its just not on this posted version - I keep forgetting to circle back and update this

Then maybe, once you have the time you could update this with the working gallery mode, which would be much appreciated.
kosh1701d
Newly Registered

Postby wHaTxAMxi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:56 am

So @gorepeat? Is there any chance you can upload the new version at some point?
wHaTxAMxi
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 am

wHaTxAMxi Wrote:So @gorepeat? Is there any chance you can upload the new version at some point?

I decided the puzzle was too easy so I am working on adding some other stuff

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

KHLD.swf [ 4.07 MiB | Viewed 3574 times ]

Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby ShinyandChrome1331 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Just to confirm: this is a tech preview, correct? The file is bigger than the previous KHLD, but I can't get it to do anything besides the fairy display screen, so I'm assuming that's what it's supposed to do
ShinyandChrome1331

Postby blackcore11 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 am

GoRepeat Wrote:
wHaTxAMxi Wrote:So @gorepeat? Is there any chance you can upload the new version at some point?

I decided the puzzle was too easy so I am working on adding some other stuff

KHLD.swf

really? I still can't seem to get it... meh whatever. Looking forward to the next update.
blackcore11

Postby Hugh mann » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:29 am

GoRepeat Wrote:I decided the puzzle was too easy so I am working on adding some other stuff

This would probably be more complicated than you're planning to make it, but this idea ain't doin' no good stuck in my head...

I was thinking it would be cool if you could go into the girls' dreams to mess with their minds.

The obvious thing would be making them have a wet dream, but I had another idea that could be a bit more interesting.

Basically, you would solve some kinda puzzle to 'unlock' their sub-conscious, and from there would be able to make a change to their behavior.

For example, you could take something that symbolizes their fear, and place it in a memory of a room they were in the previous day to make them start avoiding that room (Thus leaving anyone else in the room alone and defenceless)

Or maybe replace their prince with one of the other girls to make them start spending time (or more time) together...

I admit I don't know how you'd implement this without redesigning the entire game, which I highly doubt you're going to do... Soooo probably not the most useful idea.
Hmm, maybe you could use it in Darkness of Light 2? ;)

Oh btw, if you're going to add minigames to this (or any project) you should make it create a save at the start as if the minigame was failed, and then replace that save with the actual result upon the minigame's completion.

This would prevent people from cheesing it by quitting out when they are about to fail.

Just imagine all the salt in the comments on Newgrounds... :twisted:
Hugh mann

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:07 am

Fishing for salt seems pretty fucking foolish
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:39 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Fishing for salt seems pretty fucking foolish

Oh its been my experience you don't need to fish for it
GoRepeat

Postby Hugh mann » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Fishing for salt seems pretty fucking foolish

I mean... If you'd like to make a case as to why, I'm willing to hear you out, but I highly doubt you're going to convince me.
I find the idea of trolling people who are bad at video games hilarious.

First I'd like to clear something up tho...

Y'see, if I hadn't taken a jab at the incessant bitching one finds on Newgrounds, you probably wouldn't have even thought about it, because the suggestion I made is just a way to prevent players from cheating.

It really *isn't* "fishing for salt" it's just good game design. (At least in my opinon...)

And therein lies the joke. If people bitch about such a feature, it means they are mad that they can't cheat... Personally, I would find any such complaints to be quite amusing.

Now with that said, I actually only made that joke about Newgrounds because while typing that post, I remembered an idea I had way back that actually is just a way to troll the people on Newgrounds that bitch about Gore's games being """too hard"""
...I'll probably have to post that at some point now.
Hugh mann

Postby blackcore11 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:50 pm

how long has it been since the last update for this game? I hope it's not dead.
blackcore11

Postby Dead2112man » Sun May 31, 2020 11:23 pm

He Updates when ever he feels like it.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:41 pm

You aint the boss of me
GoRepeat

Postby VNLXV » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am

GoRepeat Wrote:You aint the boss of me

Hey boss, when ya gonna make a Patreon so we can throw money at you to hopefully motivate you to continue making the good stuff?
VNLXV
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 am

VNLXV Wrote:

Hey boss, when ya gonna make a Patreon so we can throw money at you to hopefully motivate you to continue making the good stuff?

Never; there are far better content creators for you to throw money at
GoRepeat

Postby CLoak010 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:37 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:
VNLXV Wrote:

Never; there are far better content creators for you to throw money at

I think that's not true, I know about you for almost a decade and you rarely disappointed with your content :D
CLoak010
Newly Registered

Postby DerPeter » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:10 am

There certainly is a difference between vision and execution. While it is true that there are devs out there who are better at regularly punping out fine content, I have yet to find a game that had such unique ideas as Dusty's Castle, Saqyubasu no Tatakai, House of R'Thoth or Miraculous! That alone would be worth a few bucks to me at least.
DerPeter

Postby fmanaway » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:28 am

DerPeter Wrote:There certainly is a difference between vision and execution. While it is true that there are devs out there who are better at regularly punping out fine content, I have yet to find a game that had such unique ideas as Dusty's Castle, Saqyubasu no Tatakai, House of R'Thoth or Miraculous! That alone would be worth a few bucks to me at least.

I totally agree. I came back to replay some of GoRepeat's games and the still hold up. KHDL is still really good, the only thing it's missing is the gallery, but I still enjoy the corruption and careful planning needed to actually reach the pure heart.
fmanaway
Newly Registered

Postby MarioChief » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:02 am

I hope GoRepeat's okay he hasn't posted since mid June of last year.
I played this game earlier this year and had fun but wish the gallery he talked about being in the next update was in, I hate how often I find out about things right before or after they get cancelled, take a downturn, or take super long breaks.
MarioChief
Newly Registered

Postby ZAQXSW789456 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:29 am

Hello,
I know it has been a while for this. Just wondering if anyone has taken time with the code? Ripped it apart and cannot for the life of me figure out how to:
A) unlock the gallery
B) allow ending videos to be played.

Any help would be cool. Going back and looking at completing some of these as best as possible. Really like GPs work over the years.
ZAQXSW789456
Newly Registered

Postby Angel Kiya » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:14 am

ZAQXSW789456 Wrote:Hello,
I know it has been a while for this. Just wondering if anyone has taken time with the code? Ripped it apart and cannot for the life of me figure out how to:
A) unlock the gallery
B) allow ending videos to be played.

Any help would be cool. Going back and looking at completing some of these as best as possible. Really like GPs work over the years.

They just added the framework of the gallery, full implementation was to be part of the next official update. Unknown if theyre still active (at least to my knowledge). if they are, i dont know where.

So in short, gallery can be clicked but not used.
Angel Kiya

Previous

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop