Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

Postby Bunnyav » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:21 pm

The static cling spell assignment asks for 3 trainings. It's "quest tracker" failed to update beyond one, but I passed the assignement anyway after doing the minimum required training.

On a design note; lots of classes have been added, but very few require dungeon excursions. I think it might be worth revamping some classes or at least design future classes so they have "practical assignments" like "Cast X spell Y times, or defeat Y monster with X spell.

I unlocked my first curse eventually, but later uses of the black choir didn't give me a choice to update nor is there a "dark benevolence" meter on my status screen.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Bunnyav Wrote:The static cling spell assignment asks for 3 trainings. It's "quest tracker" failed to update beyond one, but I passed the assignement anyway after doing the minimum required training.

On a design note; lots of classes have been added, but very few require dungeon excursions. I think it might be worth revamping some classes or at least design future classes so they have "practical assignments" like "Cast X spell Y times, or defeat Y monster with X spell.

I unlocked my first curse eventually, but later uses of the black choir didn't give me a choice to update nor is there a "dark benevolence" meter on my status screen.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into the assignment issue and the choir stuff, the dark choir should be giving you the same type of options as the original. UI needs updating too.

I would love to have more missions require dungeon trips, but it's got two main issues right now. The first is, of course, the issue of dungeon content being somewhat underdeveloped.
As much as I like having a massive Persona-3 style labyrinth, I quickly realized that it would be a huge pain for everything to be tied to it. I'm planning on re-doing potion making to make it closer to artifact crafting soonish (still keeping/expanding the free crafting mode!) and will likely expand dungeon content to match along with it.

The second issue is that I have shockingly little in the way of actually being able to detect when spells are used. The way I currently do it is.... I fake it. It basically auto-completes with the assumption that no one's going to give up on the chance to actually go and throw fireballs at stuff. I thankfully might have a pretty quick and easy fix for this, mostly involving a custom script I had to make to properly tie in skills for hotkeys. I'll do my best to work on it though!
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:22 am

http://hmadarktower.com/index.php/downloads/

V0.11.1 Bugfixes
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

V0.11.1 Bugfixes
Changes-
-Lengthened the first set of floors of the main dungeon by 1 floor
-Enabled Saving in the Nekomata Village
-Made the stairs/crystal in the main dungeon able to be passed over, requires interaction to procede now

Bugfixes-
-Fixed states(specifically move speed) not properly being reset on respawn.
-Fixed saving bug that placed your character into a wall or furniture
-Fixed Kitchen PTJ pantry minigame freezes on start
-Fixed route to boss in Nekomata Village being blocked off at times
-Fixed transport to upper floors breaking once you reach end of content

Known Issues-
-Possible issues with battle system failing to enable in waterway dungeon?
-Nekomatas jump through walls for funtime, not intentional at all
-Comm bank won't let you deposit last coin
-Paper writing and research page counts wonkey still
-Allowing nekomatas to play with you past 0hp can break stuff... might be fixed now actually
-Neko Babies names turn to default when they start walking around
-Neko caretaker arousal scene doesn't reset arousal properly
-Field Skills seem to be broken for now
-Can escape dungeons using COMM to spend time together with people
-Fire 4 quest asking for wrong skill in questlog(possibly in class too!)
-
-Many more still likely, but please report any you find! Especially anything concerning defeat scenes, such as stuck blackscreens, failed transports, etc etc
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 am

V0.12.0

V0.12.0
Updates-
--Eliana Storyline Updates!
-Scenes 4, 5, and 6 for Eliana have been added!
-Now only requires 1 visit to book club to unlock her storyline(but multiple visits still increase her likeability and unlock the first few scenes if you read the books fully!)
-Can now spend time with Eliana during the morning and daytime freely after the first scene!

--3 new Skills- Essence Stocking(potions), Stunning Strike(martial arts), Focused Punch(martial Arts)
--3 new Classes- Essence Stocking, Stunning Strike, Focused Punch

--Overhauled gathering!
-Your character now has a "Gathering Level", displayed on the knowledge stats screen (page2)
-This level determines the quantity of materials you can get from gathering spots, each of which has its own level, the higher your own level compared, the more you loot!
-Each harvested item, from ores to herbs, has their own item level, which determines the experience you get from harvesting. The rarer or harder it is to harvest, the better the EXP. But you won't gain any exp from stuff that's above your current level though!
-All items are harvestable at all levels though, just only one at a time
-Currently only levels from gathering in the wild, Gardening club revamp coming soonish though!

--Revamped PotionMaking!
-Mostly behind-the-scenes changes to how it's handled, but most recipes have been rebalanced with a splash of new ingredients!
-Recipe mode is temporarily disabled while I fix it too

--New artwork for birth and fallen scenes!
-Only the imp birth scenes have been re-done using the new artwork, and even then only partially. Slime animations, nekomata scenes, and other scenes will be implemented as time allows

--New Artwork for the Neutral Magic Teacher!

--Added a cute puppy outside of the craftin area in the village!
-You can choose to "tease" or "pet" it, changing your corruption or purity once a day by a single point
-Yes, it's a cat sprite, but she was a chihaha-minpin mix. She was part cat anyway, and with fluffy ears.

Changes-

-Expanded Andrew's Availability! He can now be found on f3 at mornings, as well as called on the comm later on for repeatable events(currently blank, but will be filled in later!)
-Added (rectroactively as well) stat gains from nurses aid PTJ, increasing health over time

Bugfixes-
-Fixed being unable to save in the Neko Village if you skip to it from the
entrance
-Fixed being able to leave the dungeons at any time by using the COMM to spend time with a friend
-Fixed a capitilization issue with the potions teacher's bust images causing issues on Linux
-Fixed having too many potions recipes breaking certain ones while trying to craft them
-Fixed (for sure this time!) doggystyle while pregnant flipping back to non-pregnant for a single frame

Known Bugs/Issues-
-Running out of mana for a continous spell can lock you into if if your mana regen is just enough to keep you below the amount to recast it to turn it off... but just enough to keep up with the cost so you never run out of mana
-One-Night-Stand check runs while getting drunk with another patron right before you're pulled away to fuck.
-Slight flickering with any animation on its first run. This seems to be it loading into memory. I might try to find a way to pre-load them into memory via loading screens later, if I can, but that might inturrupt gameplay too much
-During one-night-stands, Olivia still talks about potential pay increases even if you're not doing it for the money if you satisfy a male character to the baseline.
-Potential oversight- Other patrons can still get you drunk even if you're heavily pregnant.
The bartender won't serve to you, but I'm not sure if Olivia would be so careless as to accept drinks while heavily pregnant. Perhaps only with high corruption?

hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am

Looking forward to the new stuff
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 am

V0.12.1 Bugfixes!

V0.12.1

Bugfixes
- Fixed Potions recipes not being learned properly on new game
-Potions you recieved but did not learn properly should be added in the update that runs when you enter the dorms.
- Fixed Eliana in the library glitching and not letting you spend time with her until you've seen at least 2 scenes in book club, not just one.
- Fixed skipping nekomata battle putting you one level too low, causing a loop
- Fixed one-night-stand check running when another patron gets you drunk to play with you
- Fixed Research counts being off by 1 ish? and starting at 1? It's better now
- Fixed Paper-writing counts being the same, just generally off
- Fixed Unstable Powder not showing up in the crafting list(under Artifact Refinement - Misc Materials). Might need to re-take gate crystal to get recipe if it's not in your encyclopedia list under refinement recipes.

Changes
- Added a slight delay between being released by the nekomata women and
combat re-enabling

Known Bugs/Issues
- Elemental Training room assignments count cumulatively ie, You train 5 times, then next class asks for (3 times training) congrats, you're already done!
-I might take a look at using a single variable array to track... perhaps not just this, but "general assignment tracking" and use it with, for example.... "times used spell." or "times defeated enemy x" if I can get it to work. Regardless, it needs a bit more work to properly correct it at this time.

hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:15 am

V0.13.0

V0.13.0
Updates
-Added homeroom! Available after Semester 3, this class is always available and has no requirements to pass. Upon choosing to attend, you will be taken to the floor 3 homeroom classroom.
-Talking to the instructor will engage Homeroom, which is strictly optional and has the effects of a standard study session at your desk, as well as a small affection boost to every unlocked datable character at once (but o scenes)
-Major Characters will join over time, including all datable characters

-Added The Underground
-A secret underground room found by tunneling that connects to an massive labrynth of tunnels that spread across the world
-It's nice and empty. The perfect place to set up a hideout!
-Added Basic Furniture!
-For decorating the underground! Buyable from the store after you unlock furniture placement

-Added Tunnel Maniac Carla!
-She likes to dig. Shows up when you visit homeroom Semester 4+
-She manages the tunnel system in the underground, and helps you discover the underground
-Added Skills - Basic Martial Mastery, Emergency Avoidance, Rushing Strikes
-Added Classes- MA: Basic Combat, MA:Emergency Avoid, MA: Rushing Strikes
-Eilana's Storyline is complete!
-Some scenes are place-sensitive (only at night in her room, etc)
-Should be warnings for those if you qualify but are in the wrong place, let me know if that's not hte case!

-Added 2 New H-Scenes
-Tunnel Maniac Carla's x1, and Eilana x1

Changes
Bugfixes
Known Issues
-Studying something already maxed out makes you repeat it until you get one that you haven't studied to max during homeroom
- Might fix that by hiding them in the study event later, it's not like you need access to a study session you completed 100% anyway
-Rushing Strikes seems to be able to be used repeatedly into a wall...
-Martial Mastery adds stats even while you're holding a weapon. It does surpass the stat cap as intended, however.
-Furniture placement is finicky a little, report any issues you find
-Furniture Looks Bad- I grabbed random tiles but didn't go into making custom sized images for them... Or implementing those in a way that overlap didn't occur
-None of the new Martial Arts classes have assignments. Bookwork seems too boring, so I'll come back in later and fill them in as I build out the next sections and wrap up the 25% mark for development.
-Yes the imp looks wrong as hell in the new sex scene for Carla. I'll re-draw it later, I didn't realize how awful it would look until implementation... at 3am on friday (meaning I didn't draw a new one, thinking (I got one that will work!) in time

-Many, Oh so many more
I started a new-game playthrough and the list is miles long. I fixed anything immediately needed, but there's tons of minor to moderate fixes that must be done! Report all you see, as it's cleanup time!

https://www.patreon.com/HGameArtMan?fan_landing=true
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:09 am

V0.13.1 - Public Release

- 1 New H-Scene- Tunnel 2- After seeing the first tunnel scene with Carla, try to pay for tunnel construction without enough gold (put into bank via phone!)

There are no bugfixes as were originally planned included with this update, on account of my computer being spread out over the floor, my desk still in transit, and the paint running down my face (We're in the process of moving!)

Lots of bugfixes are planned, I swear! Just having some uh... heavy furniture related troubles!
hgameartman

Postby Yllarius » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:09 pm

I really like this game, and bugs aside I think it has a lot of potential.

That said I personally, would love to see more minor content as opposed to character story archs. It kinda feels like right now you grind out friendship with whoever you wanna see scenes for and the rest of the game sort of falls off. I'd also love to see corruption have a bigger effect, preventing nudity at low thresholds -> Risque clothing -> Underwear -> full nudity. With NPCs reacting appropriately. Minor scenes with students would be great as well, there are some in the book club recruiting, more like that but without that prerequisite. At low corruption IMHO she should decline to flash for recruiting, and get bolder as time goes on. Talking to various NPCs could involve (at low corruption) getting groped ect and gradually progress.

Again, presonally, I'd also like to see some H-stats make it in, I'm a sucker for those (Even better if it ties into a sensitivity system) and even further having those H-stats/corruption change her standing picture (Such as covering herself at low corruption, being perverted at high, potentially a gape progression, semen spatters if not washed off)

Obviously all this requires a bit of work, but as a life-sim type game I feel like Minor content is key to making the game feel more 'full' and have more 'content', and adding mechanics such as this allows players a since of progression instead of just character story archs.

That said, I do really enjoy the game despite it's flaws, and I'll be keeping an eye on it, keep up the good work!
Yllarius
Newly Registered

Postby hgameartman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:58 pm

For sure the minor content is in desperate need of fixes!
One of the problems I was running into was that I wanted to have an interesting cast of characters for various events (gardening club, for example, would be fun with say, Anya poking in and getting tentacled, or perhaps an event that runs where you get tied up and Andrew comes to see you?

A lot of these minor events kinda need at least a passing knowledge of said NPCs, which I am trying to tie in by having them introduce themselves through the new homeroom class (which will in itself have some interesting scenes!

And of course, the scenes themselves fall flat because once you finish them it's really kinda feeling pointless. I will hopefully have some content such as requests and partying up for dungeon-crawling like with Anya(and hopefully expanding events there too!) but after the next main character is released I'll likely be focusing in on tightening up other stuff.

The church expansion I'm planning will for sure revolve around sex stats in some way. Likely I'm going to how with the standard (mouth, pussy, ass) levels (skill levels + tightness? Might be interesting!) and then tie into some sort of "training" aspect which, when done, increases these levels with lewd training scenes (possibly even unlocking classes you can attend during the day if I can do it!)

These, in turn, would tie into the prostitution minigame, so that sex levels affect how much pleasure you give and how much stamina it takes, and hopefully unlocking some more depraved events as corruption raises.

I did tie in a common event to begin expanding the student's reactions, but they would likely be somewhat more generic than the current set, as I already have to write 6-7 lines of dialog for each one!

And the standing bust is currently undergoing a revamp, I was sorta hesitant on adding stuff to it until I was happy with it, but as you can kinda see from the difference between Olivia and Carla I sorta hit a massive improvement in my art skills and want to re-do Olivia's bust (which requires rigging and animation unlike Carla's!) before I start adding in variations based on stats, etc.
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:58 am

V0.14.1 Public Release!

V0.14.0
Updates
-Added field area: School Forest!
-These are open-world areas used for gathering and hunting mobs without using a time block
-Will serve functions for travel and farming specific drops and items via field dungeons implemented later

-Added 1 new class - GYM: Swimming

- 2 New H-Scenes - Nurse's Aid: Professor Handjob, Swimming: Groped Bullying

-New Artwork- Olivia Swimsuit
-New Animation- Handjob

-New Underground tunnel- Central Forest

Changes

-Changed the Gate Crystals to default on yes instead of no

Bugfixes

-Fixed Library event returning you to library at night in Eilana's storyline
-Fixed bed, Waterway not properly resetting choices before showing options
-Fixed village tunnel not showing up properly
-Fixed Waterway tunnel always being available to build, even if you already have built it
-Fixed taking any secret tunnel messing with choices
-Fixed Finish Selection option in classes not properly allowing you to quit with less than a full classload (Gotta back out fully to exit)
-Fixed Nurse's aid PTJ not giving stats properly over time
-Fixed potion-making not properly resetting choices afterward
-Fixed Floor 2 dungeon mobs and traps de-spawning on exiting the room

Known Bugs/issues
-As usual, tons, in no specific order and not comprehensively....
-The swimsuit art, and lack of proper spritework for swimming, will be fixed later. I'm re-doing Olivia's character art so I'll be re-drawing the clothes including uniforms and maid outfits, as time allows
-Tunnel needs borders on the bottom
-Brighten (and field skills in general) don't work in combat yet
-Need to redo Imp art for Carla's new scene
-Neko boss needs better UI/guidance
-Sprites are glitchy on beds a lot, just imagine that they shoved their upper body under the blankets for now
-Possibly issues with Slowness flasks still? I can't tell
-Going to re-start my test file and see if I can sort this and many others out
-Kitchen PTJ error with hard/medium difficulty (need to read instructions at least once)

Bugfixes
-Fixed Anya's sprite being wrong on day 1 toClass, and day 2..., and 3,
-Fixed the Secret passsages not being enabled to show on map by default
-Added V0.14.0 properly to the game's starting routines
-Hid the option for nurse's aid work with the nurse until you unlock Part time jobs
-Somewhat Fixed Anya bolting ahead and way too fast on day 2 and you not moving until later
-Fixed double busts on slime game over scene
-Fixed Olivia's bust images not showing up while exploring the waterway the first time
-Fixed field area 2 not having any gathering spots
-Fixed field areas causing slime game-over if you went to the waterway beforehand

Changes
-Fixed Certain Herbs and green mushrooms on field not properly applying gathering level
-Reduced base spawns for field area materials
-Reduced Neutral Magic: Basic Lasers cost by 300 gold (New Game Only)
-Reduced potion 2's cost by 500 gold (New game only)
-Reduced Magical Trap's cost by 200 gold (New game only)
-Reduced Elementalism and You: Fire and Water's cost by 500 gold (New game only)
-Moved Coach in Aeorbics classes to not be run over

Known Issues-
-Sometimes Olivia's clothes flash on a second after she appears on-screen
This... should be fixed on the revamp of her bust image that's inprogress
-Field skills still broken (mostly brighten... gonna revamp soon)
-Should gate book club's groping/showing off to at least not being pure, or
adjust dialog to be more reluctant
-Still need to fix stuff with the swimming class. Just waiting(ok working) on the new redesign for Olivia before I do spritework or draw a new swimsuit

https://www.patreon.com/posts/v0-14-0-patreon-44382335
https://twitter.com/Hgame03105829/statu ... 6782629892
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:15 am

V0.15.0 Patreon Release!
Changelog

V0.15.0
Updates-
-Updated Olivia's artwork! Only the base school uniform made it in, but I'll work over the next few updates to fix up the other outfits, as well as update any artwork/scenes that used the previous artwork (imp scenes in particular, and some corrupt church ones)

-Added 3 new music tracks! 2 of them to the daytime rotation, and one to the nighttime! These play on alternating semesters (and, in the case of one song, only every few semesters, to add variety)

-Anya's side story has been expanded again! Including a repetable scene option that branches into two distinct scenes!
-Anya can now get pregnant! It's just with humans (and there's no birth scene yet)

-Added 3 new classes: Neutral: Mana Torrent, Fire: Flamethrower, Water: Water Jet
- 3 new corrosponding skills- Mana Torrent, Flamethrower, and Water Jet

Changes-
-Nerfed Magic Archery 2. It was just too strong compared to the rest of the skills gained at around that same level. Will test balance more as combat evolves over the next few updates.

Bugfixes-
-Fixed Swiming 1 sometimes causing you to be able to walk through walls afterward
-Fixed Anya's bust images using static instead of the new dynamic bust system for non-major characters. This... probably wasn't even noticible until I got pregnancy implemented for her
-Fixed water- whirlpool 1 assignment not consuming research
-Fixed field areas being possible to be knocked off-map(I think)

Known Issues
-Some strange positioning for the masturbation scene for reading an erotic book
in book club
-Basically all of the varients of the standing bust are broken (easiest to see in the imp scenes and showing off boobs for book club recruitment)
-All clothes are also broken (maid, gym uniform, and swimsuit). I ran out of time!
-Stats screen still needs to be updated with the new art...
-Also the tattoos for blessings/curses. A lot of the bust stuff is broken...
-Anya's H-scenes look odd when she's pregnant as the rest of the art hasn't been fixed for them. Will work on fleshing out some of that artwork later to fix it up.

http://hmadarktower.com/
https://www.patreon.com/HGameArtMan?fan_landing=true
https://www.patreon.com/posts/45539120
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:19 am

Some quick bug reports for an otherwise amazing project:
First time I did the Anya bar->patron scene after loading my ancient save file (which had seen it once previously when that even was new) it just cut to the next morning instead of peeping. Later attempts at the event viewed fine, but I'm curious how I get the scene to progress as continuously using the phone with Anya at night just repeats the same two events, and during the day just brings up the boyfriend/threesome discussion.

The tunnel sex event in the afternoon leaves you in tunnel when nightfall, allowing you to walk to homeroom, down to 2nd floor, where the monsters stand motionless and you aren't in battle mode. However touching a floor trap turns things to normal again.

Imps trying to reimpregnate you during birth seems very low chance. I read the "curse of fertility" message twice in that scene but was still "empty" when it was over.

Attempting to do the Climb the bookshelf for research event (after checking the helpful tips) caused the time to just advance to night immediately.
Bunnyav

Postby Bunnyav » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:23 am

Attempting to research calmly after the climbing bug caused me to get stuck infinitely picking up books, I was only entitled to 6 but I'm up to 40 and can't leave the menu because of the smutty romance being the cancel option.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:00 am

will look into and try to get fixed as soon as possible, thanks!
for Anya, which scene are you stuck on? it should automatically progress over time as you call her at night.
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 am

Like I said, we go to the bar, "pretend to spike her drink", get her laid. Then the next night we talk about her time and that she used protection. These two paired events repeated unchanging 3 times in a row, 4 if you count the first time I experienced them.
Bunnyav

Postby Bunnyav » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 am

Another bug. After a swimming class I started walking through walls. going back to swiming class, using the phone to warp to Anya's event, or teleport crystal has not turned me normal yet. Thankfully I can 'talk" to warp points to activate them.
Bunnyav

Postby Bunnyav » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:14 am

Looks like the research bug is connected to the assignment to read 7 pages of spellcasting.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Thanks, I should get these fixed before V0.15.1's release on Monday!
Might have a little trouble with the research one but I'll at least quickpatch it to have the option to give up or something, which should help.
hgameartman

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects