GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything

Re: GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything

Postby Bladelight999 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15 am

GoRepeat Wrote:Nah I'm cool

isntallKHLD.swf

the animation is great. but could you maybe make it brighter a tad? its hard to see most of the animation even at the brightest settings.
Bladelight999

Postby Kaziu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:27 pm

When we can expect new games/updates?
Kaziu

Postby Bladelight999 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:25 am

Kaziu Wrote:When we can expect new games/updates?

STOP! don't ask for any updates! the last time i did that got me banned for a week. it's best you don't do what i do or else you'd suffer a much severe ban. TRUST ME! i know.
Bladelight999

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:18 am

The difference between this situation and yours is THEY have not been warned yet. YOU were warned and then continued to push the envelope. I'm not in the habit of handing out bans over one time events.

As for you, please refer to the Creative Corner Rules. Specifically, this post right here. Do not post to threads JUST to ask for an update. The creators are very much able to do so themselves. Doing so again will result in a formal warning. Continuing to push the issue will result in a ban.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Bladelight999 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm

MiscChaos Wrote:The difference between this situation and yours is THEY have not been warned yet. YOU were warned and then continued to push the envelope. I'm not in the habit of handing out bans over one time events.

As for you, please refer to the Creative Corner Rules. Specifically, this post right here. Do not post to threads JUST to ask for an update. The creators are very much able to do so themselves. Doing so again will result in a formal warning. Continuing to push the issue will result in a ban.

I tried to give the warning in my own fashion. Much to how vividly I could remember. It was a lazily lackluster effort.
Bladelight999

Postby os106 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:26 am

This is really nice, cant wait for what's next
os106
Newly Registered

Postby Bladelight999 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 am

This might sound blunt. But I feel like this place has gone deader than a popular phone number seen on a commercial.
Bladelight999

Postby Bladelight999 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 pm

I don't know why. But this place has pretty much gone dead air. Nothing has been uploaded as a sign if any update of well being. And this has kind of been really lonely.
Bladelight999

Postby Hugh mann » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:59 pm

Lad, it's normal for this site to be slow, I'm 99% sure I've told you that before... Are you *trying* to annoy the mods?
Hugh mann

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:01 am

Bladelight999 Wrote:I don't know why. But this place has pretty much gone dead air. Nothing has been uploaded as a sign if any update of well being. And this has kind of been really lonely.

Back in the day there used to be a lot more activity in the site, I think.

I don't have hard data but I really think it's the case.

A lot of that activity was spurious though... false starts; threads and ideas that popped up and then were abandoned completely unfinished.
Now maybe there aren't so many false starts, more of the things that show up SEEM to have a tendency to keep going, and some, like GP's, even to finish.
That much is great, I'd whole-heartedly say.

But yeah, the whole Creative Corner's been a little quiet lately, hasn't it.

Dunno if anything in the web-traffic fundamentally changed or what.
... Well, I also don't know if it's just me.
Some of the projects I was interested in have succumbed to time; many new ones don't grab me at all, so I don't look in on them to see if there IS any activity.
... I also don't pop in as much as I used to.
Sometime I might try to GET the hard data I'm lacking in relation to hits and activity on the website, but if Google doesn't put out in 10 seconds I'll probably give up.

...Hmm, come to think of it, on the topic of places I haven't visited in a while, I should see how the ULMF forums are doing lately too.

That'd be a real blast from the past, although I'm not even sure I can remember my password for over there...

EDIT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

So I got some data as a complete fucking amateur. It appears to be estimates. I also don't know what I'm doing. But it's SOME numbers from SOMEwhere. XD

As Per Hypestat.com, Similarweb.com, and Alexa.com.

Legendofkrystal.com
HYPESTAT:
I don't understand how to use it properly, but it APPEARS that compared to 828 days ago when LoK received 3.8K visitors daily, LoK now
receives 1.8k visitors daily as of 1st September 2020.

SIMILARWEB:
The indication is that in July 2020, total visits (Per I don't know what the fuck, probably month!) are up compared to February; 120K in Jul
compared to 75K in February.
They also seem to be on a slow upward trend compared to June, although dropping from the (presumably indoors+Covid related?) peak in around
May.
Data from further back than February isn't available to me as I'm a free user, not a paying subscriber.

ALEXA:
According to Alexa rankings, it seems that in the past 90 days LoK has fallen from #988,835 to #991,825 in the Alexa Rankings.
Of course, that could result from other sites getting higher/more of what Alexa measures, and not from LoK getting less.
As such this is probably of limited relevance.
Additionally, it is also noted that LoK ranks #1,037,232 in "Global internet traffic and engagement" over the past 90 days.
How this relates to the "Alexa Ranking" and whether or not they are the same thing (giving 2 different readings so prolly not) I don't know.

So... the ESTIMATES from Hypestat and Alexa seem to point towards a falling off; compared to 828 days ago in Hypestat's case, and compared to
90 days ago in Alexa's case, with Alexa's "ranking" data being towards the least important end of the spectrum because other sites could be climbing the rankings rather than LoK falling.

Similarweb's estimates encouragingly at least point to views trending upwards since Feb this year!

Last edited by Lucky777 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm

I wonder if the death of flash has anything to do with this site slowing down tbh. A large portion of the activity that I can remember was always the flash games. Yeah there are client side flash players and whatnot but those are probably more going to serve to preserve the things made with flash, rather than entice anyone to create with flash.

also (not like this has anything to do with anything) woo! 10k posts!
EyeOfCthulhu

Postby daysand123 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:53 am

isntallKHLD.swf

I would be totally fine seeing nut endings to all of these scenes.
daysand123
Newly Registered

Postby Bladelight999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:30 am

daysand123 Wrote:

isntallKHLD.swf

I would be totally fine seeing nut endings to all of these scenes.

Agreed.
Bladelight999

Postby Bladelight999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:32 am

EyeOfCthulhu Wrote:I wonder if the death of flash has anything to do with this site slowing down tbh. A large portion of the activity that I can remember was always the flash games. Yeah there are client side flash players and whatnot but those are probably more going to serve to preserve the things made with flash, rather than entice anyone to create with flash.

also (not like this has anything to do with anything) woo! 10k posts!

Yeah the death of flash and the inclusion of COVID really makes it difficult. But it's a good time to finish what you couldn't. Your last reverie before flash dies forever in favor for the unity engine.
Bladelight999

Postby SavageCourier » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:22 am

I just wanted to drop by and say that I hope that life is treating you well, that you are doing well, and that you keep doing what you enjoy/
SavageCourier
Newly Registered

Postby Bladelight999 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm

SavageCourier Wrote:I just wanted to drop by and say that I hope that life is treating you well, that you are doing well, and that you keep doing what you enjoy/

Good for you. Thanks for dropping by.
Bladelight999

Postby SuccubusGame » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:12 am

Shout out to GoRepeat to ask if I could have their blessing to recreate Dusty's Castle. I'm working on my own point and click adventure in 3D and copying something as a first test of my game engine would be a lot easier than creating something entirely original. And Dusty's Castle is a solid adventure game so is a great model to copy.

Hope to hear from you!
SuccubusGame

Postby Bladelight999 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm

SuccubusGame Wrote:Shout out to GoRepeat to ask if I could have their blessing to recreate Dusty's Castle. I'm working on my own point and click adventure in 3D and copying something as a first test of my game engine would be a lot easier than creating something entirely original. And Dusty's Castle is a solid adventure game so is a great model to copy.

Hope to hear from you!

If I can give you an idea. Maybe you could try to make it be like the original,the scenes are the same,the endings are the same,its just the quality is much better and the gameplay isn't confusing nor have the tendencies to have slight FPS drops because of the limitations of flash.
Bladelight999

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:29 am

SuccubusGame Wrote:Shout out to GoRepeat to ask if I could have their blessing to recreate Dusty's Castle. I'm working on my own point and click adventure in 3D and copying something as a first test of my game engine would be a lot easier than creating something entirely original. And Dusty's Castle is a solid adventure game so is a great model to copy.

Hope to hear from you!

Sure, go for it - all the assets should be in the .FLA on the first post
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby SuccubusGame » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am

Thumbs up! Thanks GoRepeat.

To BladeLight999 - The plan is to follow it as closely as I can, but I know I've got a number of limitations. e.g. Don't think I can recreate the pig sex, so I might have to do something cake related! I'm sure other things will change in the implementation as problems arise. But the point is to test my limitations on the art and programming side, and hopefully find fixes, without having to worry about game design.
SuccubusGame

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop