Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 pm

She smirks, "Oh, careful sister, whomever this guest was, you wouldn't want them hearing that you said that about them." A serving girl takes you and your sister's drink orders though you notice your mother is absent. "She did seem a bit...not sure if it was agitation or distraction. Probably from having so many familiar faces have to formally introduce themselves after so long. So many suitors looking for their opportunity to act."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm

"Oh, I'm sure she already knows how I feel about her," I return with a smile. With her comment I stifle a chuckle, before suggesting "Well we did talk before court, and she did indicate she found annoying and boring, so perhaps she needs a vacation to get away from the dullery of court life? Speaking of suitors looking to act, how do you plan on dealing with them?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 pm

Your sister chuckles, "Strange for her to retire if all she needs is a vacation. Well, I guess it's my gain, so I have no reason to complain though it would have been more convenient if she'd just named the obviously superior choice as her heir." Your drinks and tarts finally arrive, your sister dipping a tart in her tea. "I'm sure you'll see my plan once I've made my move. Until then, I won't be tilting my hand that easily."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 am

"She was always eccentric," I comment with a sigh. After I consume my first lemon tart I pause to tease, "Oh? Planning on gathering a harem of boys for your pleasure?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:13 am

She chuckles, "Dear sister, while she was always eccentric, even I noticed she only became more so after you were born. As for any harems, you know as well as I that's generally frowned upon." She smirks as she whispers, "Best save that for after the throne's been secured."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:24 am

"I can hardly comment on her behavior from before I was born. She was always this way as long as I have memories. Still, you know as well as I that you do many things 'generally frowned upon.' After all, what kind of princess dirties her hands with blades" I retort with a smile, playfully twisting her own words, "Then again I dirty my hands with the common folk so perhaps I'm neither of us should bother about such trifles."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:40 am

She smirks at the comment about her skill with the blade. "Well, we must all work with the gifts we possess. We can't all be blessed by a goddess with magical power. Not to knock the effort you put into it, but I couldn't become that powerful with twice the effort."

There is a knock at the door, and a head peeks its way in carefully. You recognize her from Court as Celeswyn whom you vaguely remember having met when you were much younger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Couldn't figure out how to grab her image from the CYOA image, so I got another image. I remember she's supposed to be from one of the military families, is shy, and hasn't seen you in a while. Let me know if I've forgotten anything from our discussion about her because it's been a while.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776233210344969322/6072451AF9064F1B3E7DED192CB80F52EBB401A6/
Last edited by Firehead on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:53 pm

"Perhaps, but my powers aren't suitable for combat. I am purely support. In such I think you'd be far more instrumental in battle then I would be. Besides, with such a gift comes many hidden hooks," I retort with a sigh. The power has drawn a massive target on my back as many different people wish to use me for their own ends. Such a troubling gift.

Noticing Celeswyn, I am taking a bit offguard. I had planned to visit her after court, but she came to me. I pop up, quickly hopping up to her, "It's been so long, how have you been?"

They use to hang out as children when the sister was visiting, bringing Raalis along since mother was busy with being Queen and told Calamaya to look after Raalis. My idea, looking back on it since we never mentioned it, was that Celeswyn's father taught Calamaya how to fight, or at least helped in that regard.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:52 am

Your sister doesn't say anything in response choosing to sip her tea as your attention is drawn to Celeswyn. She looks a bit abashed when you ask about her. "I've been good. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." You can see your sister smirk in amusement at the two of you. "I think I'll leave you two alone to make puppy dog eyes at each other." Celeswyn had always been anxious and seeing the crimson of her cheeks at your sister's comment made it clear that she hadn't grown out of it.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:01 am

"No no, we were just having tea," I assure her, gesturing her to come in. "Sis!" I scowl at her teasing Celeswyn, before reassuring Celeswyn.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:16 am

Your sister only smirks as she makes her way out leaving you with Celeswyn and a maid that looks to be trying not to draw attention to herself.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 am

I rush Celeswyn to the now empty table, placing sweets in front of her before taking the seat across. "So did you need anything?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:59 am

"Oh no, I didn't really need anything." She squirms a little before taking a taste of one of the sweats. "It's just been so long since we'd last seen each other." She pauses for a moment blushing. "I'd wasn't sure you'd even recognize me until Mother received your message about meeting later."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 am

"Sorry," I apologize, "They don't like me going out very often. It was like pulling teeth just to be allowed to visit the town with an squadron of guards tagging behind me. Without Calamaya meeting with your father for her practice, there was little chance in them letting me go to the outskirts just for a visit. I hope the letters helped tide things over."

So I'm thinking that the military noble families are primarily located in forts surrounding the capital or along the border, with only a representative living in the capital for court matters. Helps explain why he never visited his friend if she grew up in the countryside, to far to travel. Though she probably moved to the capital with her father when she came of age, especially after the competition for the throne was announced.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:47 am

She shakes her head. "No, you don't have to be sorry. My duties have kept me busy too, and I haven't been able to visit you here in the capital, either. And yes, I did enjoy the letters." She smiles as she talks a bit about the letters. "Did you know in advance of the Queen's announcement? My mother's of the mind it was done on a whim."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:00 am

"If it was planned, it was planned to be a surprise to me as well," I sigh, "I apologize for my mother's whims."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:11 am

"No, you don't have to apologize for your mother. It's not like you have much control over your mother, and I'd have no time for anything else if I apologized for everything my own mother did."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:58 am

I chuckle at her comment, "Oh, so what has your mother done as bad as my mother?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:26 am

"I'm not sure if any of it is as bad as, but she can be quite hard on the staff. She is such a stickler for things. I've seen most of our maids cry at least once or twice for not living up to her standards."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:17 am

Giggling at the image I retort, "That sounds more like my sister. Mother would just excuse them and do it herself if they couldn't get it right after a few tries." I then put down my cup of tea, leaning slightly forward, "Still, I don't think you came all the way here during the break from court to reminiscence about our mothers."
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games