Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

Postby hgameartman » Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 pm

It's roughly a 1/3 chance after you've attended 3 gym classes with 50 or greater purity (so his likability level is > 15, as he gains 5 per attendance while you have >30 purity)

High purity has a storyline/jobs and clubs planned for it in the future, but overall the more you do the choir club or corrupt rituals, the more purity or corruption you will gain per attendance, so it gets easier to manipulate it over time. It also has the effect of allowing you to manipulate blessings or curses, which have some interesting gameplay elements, including increasing pregnancy chance, random orgasm scenes during certain activities (classes, etc), changing dialog branches with certain scenes (curse of undying love), making pregnancies go faster, etc, in addition to straight up gameplay effects like max stat boosts.
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Fri May 08, 2020 2:48 am

Making myself a To Do list to ensure I'm not missing out on content in this version.

Not Done Yet:
Gym Teacher Creeper- edit: got groped a few times but that seems to be it.
Bar prostitution (for money) - edit: unlocked but seems to be BJs only
Any of the Curses (are they just mirrors of blessings)
Complete all blessing edit: says I have them all, then I removed piety cause it just seems to make me give back money.
Complete all classes including advanced Melee, water, and teleportation.

Done:
Game over in Sewer, with and without Anya.
Tackled by Nekomata
Infested by Red Slime
Caught by Dark Church trap while horny
Full relationship with Anya (looks like she doesn't want to share her toy just yet)
Gym shower with Anya 1 and 2
Full relationship with Boy student
Read Both Bookclub books
Dark Church Mass
Dark Church choir
Church paperwork hiding
Kitchen Pantry Imp attack
Kitchen Imp grope
Bar one night stands
Delivered Slime, Imp, and Nekomata babies
Had to sit out of Gym class because of heavy pregnancy.
Used milk machine
Fed Nekomata children and have them grow up.

Noticed bugs- Teleportation doesn't record attendance so you only get a 20 grade. After that grade while looking at new classes somehow I earned an 80 grade in one of the 3rd tier water classes despite never taking the first pure water class.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Tue May 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Pretty good! I've just gotten the Wiki set up (http://www.hmadarktower.com/wiki), and while not close to complete, the guides section should have a H-Scene checklist with, as far as I can remember, a complete listing of all the H-Scenes for anyone who doesn't mind a little spoilers or have been through most of the content like you have!

There are currently 2 animations implemented in the prostitution minigame, the BJ, and the mating press. Still working my way through learning how to draw and animate things properly.

Curses are similar to blessings in general, with some differences, and like blessings have mixed effects (curse of weakness drops your strength, curse of intelligence increases max INT, curse of undying love changes some dialog during events and reduces some options to refuse certain H-Scenes. (most recent example I can remember programming was in the book club recruitment event.)
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Wed May 13, 2020 4:14 am

That wiki will be helpful for sure. I tried to contribute to it a little, but I'm not very savvy on formatting and creating crosslinks. Hope it helped anyway.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Wed May 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Looks great! I'm still learning too, so all help is appreciated!
hgameartman

Postby BurningCascade » Sun May 17, 2020 12:57 am

So I went to their blog of this game, and saw that that a new version is out 0.6.1 so what's the new stuff added by the way?? Does anyone know what it is by chance?
BurningCascade
Newly Registered

Postby hgameartman » Sun May 17, 2020 5:13 pm

The minor ( .1 or .2 ending) updates are usually bugfixes primarily. In this case, 0.6.1 differs from 0.6.0 in....

-Fixed missing images in the research minigame causing it to be unplayable.
-Fixed researching carefully not properly passing time

Basically, I try to fix any game-breaking bugs that slipped past testing.
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Mon May 18, 2020 12:38 am

Bug report?
After my third Neko pregnancy I started delivering twins; once both girls, and once both genders. At the Nursery only the first kid showed up. There seems to be some missing text while feeding them and nothing special happened while feeding aroused.

Finally got the payable prostitution even and man are they hard to please. What could make a man happier than 3 vaginal creampies in a single session? It also seems that if excited into Rape mode there's no way to get them normal again/spamming struggle or submit both just made him angrier.

After the first time I had to scream to end a session, the next john I took days later was automatically enraged from the first action like the state flag never wiped.

Researching carefully says I can get 2 books but it always lets me get 3.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Sun May 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Think I got most of those fixed up (cept perhaps the research carefully one.... in this update!)
V0.7.0- Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

V0.7.0
Updates
-Gate Crystals: These magical crystals let you transport across distances absolutely free! They can be picked up and moved, and if you need more, crafted via a later class!

-Added a new area to the village, consisting of a few new shops and a small crafting area
-Currently Implemented- The tailor's shop, where you can buy some simple, already-refined crafting ingredients!

- Material Refinement- Take those raw materials you gather from the dungeon, and make them into new, more interesting things!
- Armor Crafting - Take the above refined materials, and make them into protective armors!

- Added 2 new artifact classes, Artifacts: Basic Clothmaking, and Artifacts: Gate Crystals 101

- Added Unstable Mushrooms as a gatherable material to the sewers
- Added a new main storyline scenes for Eliana! Available through attending book club some more
- Added the first request scene for Andrew! Available at night in the male dorms
- Added a few repeatable gathering quests to Neko Village
- Added new music for the church areas and the title screen

Meta-Updates
- The site has a new home! Located here: http://hmadarktower.com/
- A new wiki has been born! http://hmadarktower.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
It's got a bit(but not all) of the information on the game, and is still in-progress, so go check it out!

Changes
- Added unique artwork to the book club's erotica masturbation scenes
- Changed the slime reaction scene of Anya's to occur anytime after you've been attacked by slimes, not just futher into her storyline.
- Added the option to write papers at your desk after you've researched in the library! The option won't appear unless you actually have research notes in your inventory to write papers with.
- Made some behind-the-scenes changes to how stats are capped, which has no visible effects on the game(but a few non-visible effects, particularly on equipment!)
- Rebalanced Neko Fur Drops
- Added an indicator to show when clients are "mostly satisfied" in the prostitution minigame
- Redesigned handling for NPC bust display to make them more modular. Currently only implemented for Eliana
- Artifact Crafting 1 now also rewards you with the wand recipe to craft on your own

Bugfixes
- Fixed a secret passageway on F2 leading to the wrong area
- Fixed(Hopefully)errors when inputting money for gardening club
- Fixed Vinyea blocking access to a planter during your first visit to gardening club
- Fixed issues with slimes closing in on you in the catalyst quest without the battle starting
- Fixed no time passing when you return home after the catalyst quest in some cases
- Fixed being able to read through curfew on the 2nd and 3rd floors
- Fixed being able to time-break via reading or teleporting away during PTJs, clubs, or minigames
- Fixed Basic Teleportation Attendence not impacting grade, adds to splash 2 instead
- Fixed Basic Teleportation grade adding to splash 2's instead(it was a little drunk?)
- Fixed PE Classes - Can take after having attended 4/4
- Fixed the nursery event not clearing hornyness, causing a loop
- Fixed Nekomata babies not leaving properly when they're all grown up
- Fixed the Choir Master's hitbox not triggering from all angles
- Fixed submitting to properly reduce aggression on prostitution clients
- Fixed fire bolt 2 and splash wave 2 sharing descriptions with magic shielding
- Fixed being able to skip a vital event during the Artifacts 1 class's quest
- Fixed Anya being too slow to lead on the second floor during the tutorial
- Fixed Fire Bolt 2's Quest causing crashes when viewing
- Fixed a broken transport hitbox in the sewer dungeon
- Fixed Book Club- attending with visiting Eilana sent you to 3rd floor in the mornings
- Fixed several spots where secret passageways had overlap with student spawns
- Fixed Teleport and Splash sharing class values, causing both to clear incorrectly
- Expanded hitbox for room signs in the upstairs of the Inn/Tavern
- Fixed traps identification adding 20 grade points to a completely different class during its last session

Known Issues
- Current crafting has no in-game listed recipes- Workaround- All recipes will be listed on the Wiki HERE
- Nekomata children, when they grow up, don't leave immediately, instead sticking around for one more drink
- Freeze and black screen when blessing manipulation occurs during Church Volunteering events with no blessings currently held
- Characters in dorms dissapear when you save or leave occassionally, until you re-enter
- Skill UI needs an update, at least to show what's on what hotkey
- Potions 2- Assignment appears too early (before request from teacher)
- Floor 2 dungeon- Monsters and Traps despawn when you leave and enter the room
- Corruption text changes to corrupt when you're blessed by angels the first time
- Class selection overhaul needed- Sort of in the works? The selection dialogs in the new crafting system are an early prototype build for it
- Brighten no longer usable in combat, need to fix it/add some sort of "Field Skill" Hotkey or something...

DOWNLOAD
http://hmadarktower.com/index.php/downloads/
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 am

Looking great so far. Love the tele crystals. Trying to get the new scene with Andrew; but I can't request despite being "interested" and have had the bar night stand with him.

Noticed a neko child actually grew into a toddler instead of being just a disappearing baby, it's name was NONE however so seemed something glitched there.

Noticed that the clothes overlay during the Neko rape glitches (multiple faces) if you wear cloths with no underwear, and shows you fully clothed if you are in underwear but no clothes.
Bunnyav

Postby Bunnyav » Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 am

Ah, there it is, needed to fool around in the afternoon until "special" status.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Thu May 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into the nursery some more, I fixed some of the glitches in earlier but it's still not working 100%. Sometimes you have to leave and reenter to get them to reset properly.

V0.7.1 Bugfixes

Bugfixes

-Fixed All craftable items being misclassified as clothing

-Fixed Teleportation's 2nd class breaking on entry

-Fixed infinant loop in gym class when entering after completeing the course for that semester

-Fixed Gate Crystal's Assignment not being mentioned in class

Known issues-

-Assignments will stay available if you don't fail/complete them before the end of the semester

hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 am

V0.8.0

Updates
-Added a new boss- The NekoMata Hoard!
-Added seasons- these have almost no effect, and don't show up visually yet. The game starts in spring at the start of the game, as well as when you update, and progresses spring, summer, fall, winter as each semester passes. This only has effect in the nekomata boss for now, as winter reduces the pollen's effect on the field.
-Added 5 new levels to the dungeon! These are unfinished, and will likely be expanded later, but for now...
-Added a new enemy to the dungeon - the WereWolf! - This uses a new doggystyle animation if you're caught by his roar while aroused!
-Added new artwork and animation varients- Restrained Mating Press - used during the nekomata boss
-Added 1 new classes, Artifacts: Metalworking
-Added 1 new refined item- Tin Bars
-Added 2 new raw materials- Dark Fur Tufts, Tree Vines
-Added 4 new Equipment Items, Tin Sword, Tin Helm, Tin Gauntlets, Tin Greaves
-Added music to the village, shops, and main tower dungeons
-Added a new "Field Skills" battle hotkey! Q, when used, allows you to cast skills such as brighten while in dungeons,
without taking up a combat slot on your hotbar!

Changes

Bugfixes
-Splash 2's assignment not properly adding to the class's final grade
-Fixed blackscreen on loading Nekomata Village from inside the dungeon

Known Bugs
-Olivia's Model Vanishes when caught by imps while under the effects of Undying love Blessing
-Current crafting has no in-game listed recipes- Workaround- All recipes will be listed on the Wiki
-Nekomata children, when they grow up, don’t leave immediately, instead sticking around for one more drink
-Freeze and black screen when blessing manipulation occurs during Church Volunteering events with no blessings currently held
-Characters in dorms dissapear when you save or leave occassionally, until you leave and re-enter again
-Skill UI needs an update, at least to show what’s on what hotkey
-Potions 2- Assignment appears too early (before request from teacher)
-Floor 2 dungeon- Monsters and Traps despawn when you leave and enter the room
-Corruption text changes to corrupt when you’re blessed by angels the first time
-Class selection overhaul needed- Sort of in the works? The selection dialogs in the new crafting system are an early prototype build for it
-Clipping issues in Eilana's room
-Town Bench clipping issues
-Anya rank 5-6 blackscreen issues
-QOL- Study Screen Selection
-Reading erotica in bedroom can trap you on bed
-QOL- Picking up materials is a pain
-Gardening club has a host of issues with plants not dying properly, not implemented messages, etc
-Unstable mushrooms might be despawnign on screen leave
-Swords 1 error on stat boost
-Swords classes allow movement when screen goes dark

hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:12 am

Awesome. Going to check this out. BTW, the Mega archive said it was corrupted, but the 2nd page I tried worked fine,
Bunnyav

Postby Bunnyav » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:46 am

Love the new art. The werewolves are a bit buggy, they tend to make you not able to move the way you were walking after you get hit. Getting killed by them reliably caused me to be completely unable to move, even with the step tool or the "warp back to bedroom" tools.

I notice that the needle traps ALSO cause horniness in werewolf area. I imagine they are invisible until a 3rd taking of Trap finding?
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Bunnyav Wrote:Love the new art. The werewolves are a bit buggy, they tend to make you not able to move the way you were walking after you get hit. Getting killed by them reliably caused me to be completely unable to move, even with the step tool or the "warp back to bedroom" tools.

I notice that the needle traps ALSO cause horniness in werewolf area. I imagine they are invisible until a 3rd taking of Trap finding?

I'll look into the werewolf for sure! The slow status effect might not be properly resetting on death... So I'll do some testing and see what's going on.

The needle traps are now apshoradic needles, yep! Might have boosted the damage on them too a bit, not sure. Should be visible after one more trap finding class.
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:02 am

Can werewolves get you pregnant, or not yet?

I notice the boyfriend character has some talking about pregnancy scares, but are his children going to be a mechanic? I always enjoyed when VH Nanako could have a child with special NPCs that caused reactions.

I'm thinking the Neko hoard boss could use some kind of progress indicator, or at least NPCs instead of invisible walls to note when you can progress.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:55 am

Bunnyav Wrote:Can werewolves get you pregnant, or not yet?

I notice the boyfriend character has some talking about pregnancy scares, but are his children going to be a mechanic? I always enjoyed when VH Nanako could have a child with special NPCs that caused reactions.

I'm thinking the Neko hoard boss could use some kind of progress indicator, or at least NPCs instead of invisible walls to note when you can progress.

No WW or human babies yet, still working on human and WW pregnancies! I wanted to re-design the stats screen's last page, and need to program in some more dialog and events with the nurses office, make good birth events, etc etc.
And yep! Certain named npcs will have special children, unlocking events and such with said NPC.

Neko boss indicator is for sure needed. I'll look into adding some UI progress indicators for it!
hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:20 am

Is it worth "grinding" librarian relationship at this point? I've gotten access to meeting her at night, and I could presumably repeat the book club, but getting money to progress more lessons feels like a better investment at this time.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Bunnyav Wrote:Is it worth "grinding" librarian relationship at this point? I've gotten access to meeting her at night, and I could presumably repeat the book club, but getting money to progress more lessons feels like a better investment at this time.

Not particularly yet. Her relationship is top on the list for storyline development right now, but you're at the end of her available scenes. If you do grind, it should let you speed through her scenes later when they're implemented though.
hgameartman

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects