Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 pm

"We move fast," He simply retorts, "I can set it with up to a ten minute delay. Should be enough time to get out unless we get bogged down with fighting, which is why we need to clear a path first."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 am

I noded having to put my trust in my partners and myself. "Lead the way, then" I stood up dusting myself off and preparing to follow the two of them into the tunnels.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun May 24, 2020 2:09 am

Pulling out his crossbow he begins fiddling with things, apparently opening the magazine and locking it in place so he can reload as he talks, "So I think best plan is Neko there takes point, followed by you, with in the back. We don't want a flanking goblin to gank you, so we need someone in the back. Neko, being a quadrupedal means he is going to be less hindered by the narrow confines, while I can still support with my crossbow."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am

I give a nod. "I hadn't thought they might get behind us once we're in the tunnel. Alright, we'll go with that plan. Alright boy, let's take it nice and slow once we get down there. No need to go rushing into an ambush or something." I wait for him to finish loading up his crossbow before I give Nekothra the signal to start advancing down the tunnels. I also put a barrier over my pet just as a precaution against any attempt to get the jump on him.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon May 25, 2020 5:09 am

"Goblins are physically quite pathetic, and require such tricks to be dangerous. Underestimating them is how they get you," He explains, finishing loading his crossbow, which clicks back into firing position. With everything ready you begin your crawl through the tunnels, that require you to crawl on your knees, ducking your head, if you don't want to be on all fours. Nekothra's movements is indeed unaffected by the cramped quarters, however his displacements ability is of limited use in such cramped quarters meaning your barrier, this time, does come into play, deflecting a few sharpen bits of scrap from the goblins, before they are quickly torn apart before they can ready another strike. Lorthin does his best to support with his crossbow, but more then once there is no clear shot so he is force to wait for one. Still, he proves that him staying in the back is a wise decision as he eliminates a few that attempted to crawl through some side tunnels. It isn't too long until you enter a chamber the size of a small room, high enough that you can stand in, though for the goblins it must be a massive atrium. A woman is lying motionless against a wall, covered in strange fluids, unmoving. Lorthin quickly checks over her, looking at her eyes and gripping her wrist. "She's a lost cause." Turning away he produces the bomb and prepares it but you clearly see the woman take a breath... A shallow one, but she is still alive.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 am

I do my best to keep Nekothra protected, but I never quite catch when they try to catch us from behind, so I can only provide what healing Lorthin might need when they come at him from behind. It's a tense trip through, and I'm desperate to see it come to an end. I'm very relieved when we come into the larger chamber where I'm able to stand up and stretch my legs out. Knowing we're going to be moving quickly through those cramped tunnels once the explosives have been set I make sure to get as much out of the precious few moments we have before we have to do it all again as I can. I'm sad to hear the woman's gone assuming he means she's already dead, but then I catch sight of her breathing. Gasping, I rush over to her moving to quickly heal her as best as I can. Did he not notice her still breathing, or did he think it was already too late to heal her? "She's still breathing, I think I can still save her." If I can just get her into good enough condition where she's able to crawl back through the tunnels with us rather than leaving her to be crushed in the cave-in. Only once I've started healing her do I spare any attention to the fluids covering her body as I fix up the worst of the damage and not even noticing Nekothra slinking up to her curiously.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue May 26, 2020 12:41 am

Not even looking up from the bomb he just retorts, "Not worth it. She's broken in more then just body. You heal her and she'll just be a walking husk around town. Probably turn to selling her body for money. Best let her die and spare her the suffering." Nekothra meanwhile seems to be keeping his distance, as the fluids seem to strongly offend his sense of smell, but he does keep an eye on her.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am

I was surprised by what he was saying about to ask what he meant when he mentioned she would end up selling her body. I gasped as I came to hazard a guess of just what she was covered in. "Th-they didn't. You say she would just end up selling herself. How could they do such a thing? How could someone be broken like that." I was torn at that moment. The thought of just leaving her for dead was hard to swallow, but if that was all that life held for her, could it really even be called living? Being a sexual plaything to any man that could pay. At the very least, I wasn't so disturbed by the thought of burying these Goblins alive if they not only had a way but the will to turn a woman into nothing more than a plaything.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 am

He looked at you with a look of stunned realization for a moment before letting out a short laugh, but his voice quickly grow more serious with each sentence, "You think this is the worst thing this world has to offer? I knew you were naive but still. She at least is given the option to rest peacefully in death. Grant her that small mercy." The bomb is ready to go, and he places it in the middle of the floor, just require the fuse to be activated.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 am

I look down at the woman sad that there's nothing I can do for her after everything she's already been through. This was why my father didn't want the adventuring life for me. Throwing myself into dangerous situations would likely make this fate more likely, and I was left to wonder if my blessing would make it even easier to put me in this kind of state. Still, I had my dream that I was going to pursue. I'd struggle as much as I could to avoid this fate. "Alright, let's go."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 am

He nods, giving an approving smile that you aren't stubborn enough to insist. He presses a button and you feel the magical energies start to gather, as he comments, "Let's get out of here then." Your path back is much easier though more tense, knowing that if you get bogged down in combat might never see the light of day again, but you eventually get out, with a minute to spare so you can get some distance away. The ground shutters, almost throwing you off your feet as one of the cliff faces falls apart, collapsing into the chasm. "That's dealt with. Since it was a full fledged nest, I'll argue for a bonus," Lorthin notes, as he looks up in the sky, "It also took longer then anticipated... Being out in the dark isn't ideal, so I'm not sure if it would be best to go the long route or take our chances passing through the unknown monster's territory."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 pm

After a few tense moments of squat-running, I was glad to be out of those tunnels just in time to see them collapse without us inside. It was strange to learn that was a little more than they'd signed on for, but I figured I would learn what was worth how much as I went. I didn't even know how much we'd been offered this job in the first place anyway. "Sounds good to me. I'm sure I can find something to do with more money."

I looked up seeing how late it was when he brought up getting back. "If we take the long route, we'll just be spending more time out where we can stumble upon something lurking in the dark, won't we? Actually, do you know of it seeming more active at night? That's the only reason I'd worry about it more than the long way."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 pm

"No clue. We've been hesitant to poke around at night. Most of our information is about finding kills, but with no real means to know when exactly it happened," He pointed out, "Still, if it is more active at night, then it also not stay to its area."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 am

"Let's go ahead and try slipping through its territory, then. Its probably chased away other predators from its territory anyway, so if we don't run into it, we're unlikely to see anything else anyway."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun May 31, 2020 2:13 am

He nods before leading the way. Night quickly arrives and light becomes a scarce commodity. While you see better at night then humans, it is not to the point that it helps underneath a thick canopy that blocks out the star light. Lorthin, on the other hand seems unhindered by the dark. You follow behind him until a low growl is heard in the distance. He instantly stops. "Looks like luck was not on our side."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 am

I follow along as we move through the forests with darkness descending over us. Even having grown up around forests myself, the canopy here was thick making it hard to see though I shouldn't be surprised a drow's night vision would be even more keen. Hearing the sound, I realized we were in trouble throwing up a barrier as quickly as I could. "Nekothra, find and draw it out!" Throwing up a barrier that completely surrounded someone wasn't as effective, but it was all I could do if I didn't know where our assailant was coming from.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:29 am

Lorthin draws his crossbow as he explains his observation, "I can't quite tell what it is... Seems to have some sort of optical camouflage... Can only pick up on its movements. Would explain how it avoided detection until now. It's large though, ten twelve feet tall range. Still, at least I can tell the direction it is." Lorthin points in the direction. Nekothra moves cautiously forward, seemingly not willing to blindly charge towards an enemy it can't properly see.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:56 am

Now having an idea of where the threat was coming from, I shrank the barriers to make them only protect the direction I knew our opponent was coming from. "Really, is it invisible or just extremely well camouflaged?" I'd never seen my companion so hesitant to approach a foe before which had me worried. "If it's just camouflage, we might try backing off and see if we can draw it somewhere it'll be easier to see." I couldn't even think of what chance we had if invisibility was at play here.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:22 am

"One half dozen or another," Lorthin rolls his shoulder in a short shrug, "If it's invisibility it's not total to the point where I can pick up movement, but if it's camouflage it's good enough that I can only pick up movement." He keeps point out where the creature is moving towards, making it clear the creature is attempting to flank you, causing poor Nekothra to have to recover the distance he covered and more to just keep between you and it. "Still, this is not a good location for us. The trees will get in the way of my shots, providing it with cover to get close. Not to mention I'm starting to think it's using the trees to facilitate it's movements."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 am

"Yes, drawing it out into a more open position would probably be best. If we're lucky, it might even be adverse to fighting out in the open and let us go once we're out in the clear. Keep your eyes on it while I take a look around." Since I couldn't see the darn thing anyway, we weren't really losing much if I took a quick look around for any sign of a clearing in these woods. Having lived in the woods most of my life, I was aware different species of tree had different light requirements and tolerances, so if I could spot any changes in the dominant species of tree it could signal areas that get more sunlight, so I focused my attention on that.
Firehead

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games