Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

Postby CondorBoH » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:16 am

I wonder if Exalted is OK. Things have been rough in some places.
CondorBoH

Postby Tes » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:30 pm

if you are talking about the corona virus, they shouldn't be in too much danger if they are home in australia. I can safely say that I'm fine myelf, but germany is probably gonna do large scale quarantine in the coming weeks. I will try to be more active if things get rolling again but the mood is a bit stressed as you can imagine.
Tes

Postby CondorBoH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:00 am

I mean it has moved up in scale here in Aus over the past couple of days. Still not sure what's up with them.
If you wanted to continue, FF, could have Blah and me continue that half of the scene?
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah, I am fairly annoyed with how much of a leading role I gave a player, now that they aren't responding... Perhaps, we can treat this as a break, if we bet all our chips on this being able to continue afterward. If now, I suppose I can try and take over his role, but I am certain I won't be able to get the personality and intended plot 100%.

If you two think you can continue the scene without our host, feel free to.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:59 am

Update. exalted contacted me. He's not dead, just his workplace went crazy with this ongoing crisis. So, I think we can all be understanding and wait for him until things calm down.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Hey

So sincere apologies about my disappearance.

My life was a raging dumpster fire on multiple fronts with family medical crises and friends going through very dark patches before the CCP Corona virus hit and turned my working life into a warehouse filled with dumpster fires. I just didn't have the time, energy or emotional capacity to be here and I am sorry that other peoples had to suffer because of that.

I will try to get something up now. My whole industry essentially has to work from home now for the next 6 months so I should be able to post regularly again.
exalted

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:33 am

Sorry to hear about that Exalted, and there's no need to apologise. If you don't mind answering, has your situation improved?
Either way, take it easy and don't push yourself.
CondorBoH

Postby Tes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:43 am

Sorry to hear that things are bad for you as well exalted and for assuming they were better after some quick look at the numbers. Hope you guys are all well and safe.
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:17 am

Whooo, boy. I wish to apologize for how long it took me personally to respond. Real-life kinda caught me off guard, and I had just given myself some additional responsibilities, considering I felt I had some more free time. I will try not to let it happen again.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue May 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Well then. Seems a lot of people are taking their time. I've been patient, considering I myself have been incredibly busy, but how about we all put in the effort to get this going again? I'll make sure to DM each and every one of you who doesn't respond here within the next 23 hours and 50 minutes.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Wed May 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Well I'm here and still eager to continue this ^^. Not sure if I'm one of the lot you meant and if so that's my bad. I was under the impression that the four characters on stage would continue to wrap their encounter up and thus release the others from their movement restrictions / let Robert (? I think) inevitably face his own turn.

Sadly I feel like it boils down to exalted not making it clear that the card is now practically over with their climax. Instead they are just kinda stuck at the end with both mrblah and Condor not able to move things along in that direction as they are not responsible for that. Seeing so, I think it would be best for you FF to make a gm post that does so, if you can't get a hold of exalted in the near future. (I also haven't heard from them in our 1on1 rp since the same time they last posted here)

As a minimally intrusive solution to their characters I would argue it would be reasonable for Viola to pass out from the encounter and for you to atleast do the gm parts of Chester until exalted comes back again to take over both of them or just Viola depending on the circumstances and their preferences.
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Wed May 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Still around. I'm not super active at the moment, but I'll try to keep checking up to see if its my turn to make a post, but for a couple of weeks at least I'll likely only be posting when necessary to move things along.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby mrblah » Wed May 13, 2020 7:44 pm

imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby exalted » Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 pm

I'm around and really sorry. My work has gotten even crazier now that restrictions are lifting and I've got personal dumpster fires blazing away with friends and family. I've been meaning to get a post up, but when I've gotten back home from work I've just been too exhausted physically and emotionally to write. I'll try to get something up tonight
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 am

mrblah Wrote:just uh, pick at random. Then leave me out of that random pick..

Should I interpret this as Robbies request to Robert?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 am

that. was actually me thinking that card had been cancelled out for some reason. you could interpret it as if she'd been careless and made a mistake or i could edit.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 pm

I'll go with it as her order then, just waiting for more reactions to the card.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Well apart from the problem of a human trying to choose randomly without a tool, that could get interesting while opening up a few questions. If Malcolm gets choosen does that copy to Margo with a coin flip to decide if Malcolm or Robert turn female? And are the side characters (i.e chester and Oscar) included in the choice?
Tes

Postby exalted » Wed May 20, 2020 2:52 pm

I would argue that Chester and Oscar are not players so can't be chosen... but then the card does say 'participants' and both have technically 'participated' so I can see an argument the other way.

As for the whole 'clone bone' thing the card says that it's only cards the Original drawer has the dual effect on both. As another player drew the card, and card states participant and not player, I'd suggest the clone is their own participant and not linked to the original. But not my character/s, I'd say it's more your choice here Tes if she is, or isn't counted for the random choice.
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Chester and Oscar are excluded from being chosen. As for Margo, I'd say she's excluded. However, I am willing to say otherwise if that's what you want.
Fantasy Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character