A Trainer Confined[c-war]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

A Trainer Confined[c-war]

Postby Firehead » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:50 am

c-war Wrote:Name: Alyssa Saldin
Appearance:
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/18111516
Bio: Alyssa is a pretty straightforward girl. There are two things that she loves most in life: dancing, and Legendary Pokemon. She loves other Pokemon, too, but Legendaries are her passion.

For years, she's dreamed about meeting a Legendary Pokemon and dancing for him. She doesn't know which one, but she knows it's a "him" and that he's the same in every dream she's had like this, even though she rarely gets even a glimpse of him. And she thinks he may even be waiting for her.

And now that she's an adult and her parents can't forbid her to become a trainer anymore, she's determined to find him, and become his Trainer.

Your dreams had been getting clearer as the day you could finally become a trainer of your own volition had approached. The dazzling dance you would perform before you Legendary audience of one more intricate and dazzling. You also noticed that your parents' steadfast refusal to let you begin a journey of your own gave way to pleading as the day their permission became unnecessary loomed. Despite their insistence, you never were able to pry a reason for their decision.

Ready to begin your journey over the protests of your parents, you stood in Null Town before the Lab of Professor Chestnut, the premier Pokémon Professor of the Irrvus Region. She had told you she'd be more than happy to provide a starter for you. As you went to knock though, the door suddenly opened in front of you. A fiery Redhead walking out while still looking back into the Lab and yelling. "I don't get..." She's cut off as she bumps into you despite your best efforts to avoid the collision, and the two of you are sent sprawling onto the ground. "Cynthia, what was that?" Another woman that you recognize as Professor Chestnut rushes over to the doorway. "Oh, you're already here. Allyssa, right? A bit earlier than expected, but I'm ready to get you started."

Firehead

Re: A Trainer Confined[c-war]

Postby c-war » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:14 am

I can barely contain my excitement. I'm finally going to get my own Pokemon! Then I get plowed into by some busty redhead. I can't avoid the collision, but with my dance skill, I'm able to shift so that I don't get hurt in the fall.

I get back to my feet and brush myself off before replying to the professor. "Yes, I'm Alyssa. It's great to meet you!" I get my prior enthusiasm back and eagerly shake her hand. "And I'd love to get started! Which Pokemon can I choose from?"
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Postby Firehead » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:07 am

The Professor chuckles at your exuberance in spite of the fall. "Yes well, I've got a nice selection of starters for you." She leads the way back into the lab. "As per the usual, I've prepared three from which you can choo..." She stops walking going completely still for a moment. Just at that moment, you're able to make out the table with the Pokéballs on it. What's strange is there's four there. "Oh where is my head today. I prepared four. The one on the far right is a bit of a special case, but if you want him, he's yours."

As you look amongst the four balls, you hear a faint buzzing sound in the back of your mind, and your eyes keep getting drawn to that 'special case' of hers. Perhaps it's some twist of fate that you get offered a selection of four. Wouldn't it be strange not to take the special case under the circumstances?
Firehead

Postby c-war » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 am

"So, he's a special one?" I ask as I approach the oddball...Ball. I may be imagining it, but it seems to almost...glow, especially if I'm not looking right at it. "I think he wants to come with me," I say as I pick up the Ball. Eager to see who I picked, I throw the ball and shout, "come on out!"
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Postby Firehead » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 am

The Professor seems to get a far off look in her eye again. "Yes, it seems easy to know what he wants." The Pokémon before you is small though that's natural from just a starter. A small whisp looking thing with hoops around its horns, arms, and waist floats before you. "Hoopa!" It shouts.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 am

"Awww, you're adorable!" I shout as I try to give it a big hug once it appears.

c-war

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 pm

He returns your hug rubbing his face a bit against your chest. Professor Chestnut puts a hand on your shoulder. "Well, he seems to have taken a liking to you." She hands you your trainer I.D. and a PokéDex. "With that, you should be all set.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:28 pm

"Sweet!" I reply, tucking away my ID and opening the Pokedex. "Ok, Dexter, what do you know about this little guy?" I ask the device as I point it at my new partner.

c-war

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 pm

With a beep, an image of him appears on screen. "Hoopa, the Mischief Pokémon. It gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place." The other girl, Cynthia, enters. "So she's getting a Pokémon?" The Professor turns. "Cynthia, I already told you..." She trails off as a far off look goes over her eyes again. "You know what, fine, Alyssa could probably use a rival. Go ahead and pick one."
Firehead

Postby c-war » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 am

I can't help but think of how well my outfit goes with Hoopa's appearance, with my hoop earrings and bracelets. Then I look at the other girl. "Yeah, having a rival would be great!"

(Thinking that maybe Cynthia gets another Mythic, like Diancie or Meloetta, that is already either Hoopa's friend or plaything)

c-war

Postby Firehead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:45 am

As Cynthia approaches the table, there is a moment of dizziness. It passes, and when you look back, there is only one Pokéball which makes sense as there were two to begin with. Tossing the ball, the energy forms together coalescing into a star shape.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:33 am

"Looks like we're both starting with special Pokemon," I say with a smile as her Pokemon appears. "Thanks for trusting us with such rare Pokemon, Professor." I turn back to Cynthia and her star-shaped Pokemon. "Shall we battle and see how they compare?"

(I'm assuming it's a Jirachi, but didn't say as much in case I was wrong.)

c-war

Postby Firehead » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:16 am

A Jirachi forms on the table, and Cynthia pulls it into a close hug. "Save your thanks, if you want to show me your gratitude then bring out the true potential of these two Pokémon no matter what it takes." Cynthia turns nodding. "Yes, I wanna see what my new partner can do." Hoopa jumps before Jirachi taking a battle-ready stance though Jirachi seems a little more hesitant.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:47 am

(assuming level 5 for possible moves)

Once the Pokemon are ready, I call out my first move. "Let's try Hyperspace Hole!"

c-war

Postby Firehead » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:47 am

Hoopa flits one of its rings disappearing into it only to appear next to Jirachi to attack. The psychic attack lands but doesn't look to have caused much harm to the steel/psychic type. "Alright Jirachi, Confusion." Jirachi's psychic energy surrounds Hoops, but it also doesn't manage to cause much harm.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Looking at Hoopa's moves displayed on my Dex, I sigh in frustration. Its other three moves are Confusion, Destiny Bond, and Trick, none of which will help here. "Hyperspace Hole again!" I tell him, knowing I'll probably just need to spam that attack to get through the battle.

c-war

Postby Firehead » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:44 pm

The Professor seems to catch on to your realization. "Yes, low level Pokémon don't have very varied move sets, but it is important for getting used to the flow of battle. It doesn't help that both of them resist each other's moves.

This time Hoopa gets a more solid hit this time leaving Jirachi a little more wounded. "Jirachi, use Wish." Her Pokémon focuses and seems to do something, but it's unclear just what that was.
Firehead

Postby c-war » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:37 am

"Let's try Confusion this time," I call out. That move isn't as strong, but it could confuse Jirachi so that it can't easily attack.

c-war

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Jirachi braces for the attack, but it doesn't seem to be enough as it's slammed hard by psychic energy. It wobbles from side to side a moment before falling back unconscious. "Darn, guess I gotta train harder."
Firehead

Postby c-war » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:01 am

"Alright, Hoopa, we did it!" I shout, happily giving my new partner a big hug.

c-war

Next

Return to Private Games