Undercover paladin (Lazy Kitsune)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Undercover paladin (Lazy Kitsune)

Postby c-war » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Juliana the Fair
Appearance: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/19811784
Background: Juliana wasn't born into nobility like most of the paladins of her order. Instead she had to work day and night in order to earn her spot. Rejected from most schools of swordsmanship due to being a lowborn woman, she had to find other ways to practice, either by sneaking about to observe training sessions or disguising herself as a man in order to practice with a blade. Her family couldn't afford to spend the coin on a weapon and armour of her own, forcing her to make careful investments, loaning what possessions she could to pawn shops in order to pay for the cheapest gear she could.
Eventually through her hard work and dedication she started to gain a degree of renown, having made her name in a few lowly tournaments before revealing her gender. This got her foot in the door in the small world of swords women, although her eyes were set on becoming a Paladin of the Order of Valiance. These were warrior women, typically of noble background, that would fight for fairness and honour in the kingdom. It was an honour to be counted among their order and they were often viewed with a spiritual importance that elevated them above most other warriors. To become one of their member would guarantee her family would be looked after for life and that she would be granted the opportunity to help those in need, both low and high born alike - an ideal which would eventually grant her the title of the fair.
Through her persistence she was eventually granted her wish, brought into the order and almost immediately elevated to a new status of living, now above the commoners she was once a part of. Still, many of her order would often look down on her due to her simple background. This instilled within her a desire to prove herself, looking for a mission she could take on her own to start establishing a reputation for herself as a warrior worthy of her position in the Order.

Sinners. Heretics. Cultists. Demon worshippers. These are just a few of the terms used to describe the Order of Trichus. Though they only have a real foothold in the far south, rumors are circulating that they are responsible for the rise in abductions of vacationing nobles, especially their daughters of marriagible age.

Recently, one young woman who is a couple years underage, but whose sister has vanished, has shared that her sister wasn't taken, she was convinced to go, and said something about "joining the cause of Trichus" before leaving.

Which is why you, with a pair of senior paladins posing as your parents, have just arrived in Zahara dressed as a wealthy young woman. Your aim is to track down the missing youths and determine who is responsible. If you can, you are to undermine their operations from inside.
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Re: Undercover paladin (Lazy Kitsune)

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 pm

I wasn't sure why I needed two senior paladins to come along, I felt like this kind of mission I could probably handle on my own. However with two people helping to act as my parents my cover would be more believable, so I was OK with it. Although I couldn't shake the feeling the real reason they were coming along was because the Order still didn't trust me to do the job properly. Regardless, my current identity was quite a fun alias. I was dressed in more finery than I had owned in my entire life, and being able to play the kind of arrogant, entitled and spoiled young woman my mother and I often had to play serving girl to was a refreshing experience. I made an effort to appear as haughty and self-absorbed as I could, needing to leave an impression as I arrived in Zahara, openly grumbling to my 'parents' loud enough for some passersby to hear.

"Must we really stay in an out of the way nothing town like this..." I say with a groan and sigh. "A vacation nearer to the capital would be much more sensible. Please tell me the place we're staying at least has suitable baths. I want to get the grime of the south off of me as soon as possible."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Re: Undercover paladin (Lazy Kitsune)

Postby c-war » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:07 am

"Part of why people vacation here is the opportunity for sea bathing," your 'mother' reminds you. "Admittedly, that's more appealing to your father and I due to the healing benefits."

You look at your 'father', one of the senior paladins of the order. Logras is one of the most well read people you know, and considering how old and grey he is, he may well be coming for a healing dip in the sea. Amarin, your 'mother', is also your commanding officer, so you know her fairly well, all things considered. She is firm, but she is also fair, both in attitude and appearance. She's not actually old enough to be your mother, but a bit of makeup and a touch of powder in her hair added a good decade to her appearance, so that she now looked the same age as your real mother.

"I think you'll find this town a welcome change from the capitol," Logras says in the offhand manner of a nobleman as your carriage slows to a stop in front of the house you are renting for your stay. And it is definitely a rich house, no matter that it is a vacation home that the owner lets out most of the time. He, of course, exits first, and then hands Amarin down. He hands you down next, and whispers in your ear as he does. "Remember, your sword will have to remain here, it'll look too out of place to wear it." Of course, it has been stowed away for the whole journey already, but he obviously knows you are longing for its familiarity.

"Now go and change for dinner, we eat in an hour," Amarin says after your hats are taken by the butler. You've already been shown a map of the house so that you know which bedchamber is yours, and where the principal rooms are.
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Return to Private Games