Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:45 am

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote: I was thinking about adding a card that spawnsin a dopleganger of you. One card making it the same gender as you, the other the opposite gender of you. How does that sound?

Ah, the one man Madison might consider keeping around. Yeah, sure, that sounds good to me.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby exalted » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:41 am

From memory the Monster's from the last deck were:

Minotaur
Centaur
Slime
Tentacle
Vampire
Werewolf (?)

And I think there was a doppleganger in the old deck as well so it's not a big deal to add it in I think.

The idea of the Outer Ring that is was non-players in the game so they would not normally draw cards, more an audience participation thing with a dark magic twist.
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:31 am

I understood what the outer ring was supposed to be, but the way the deck works, would mean that none of those from the outer ring would be part of the game. That is to say, they'd be observers, and absolutely nothing more. Although, our dear host is an exception, considering his relationship with the deck.

Also, I should clarify the Doppleganger a bit. Unlike the monsters, it wouldn't be Winchester transforming, or a monster summoned. It'd be an actual copy of your character's mind, giving you another character to control. While they wouldn't be part of the game, they would still be affected by any cards drawn by the original, and they would remain after the game ends.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:07 am

This the point when everyone finds out that Winchester has a secret prison under the house filled with all his party guests and it is only the evil clones who are sent back into the world to bring in fresh meat!
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 am

They're not evil clones. Mentally, they're perfect dupplicates, with the exception of the gender bent one, as they will be comfortable being another gender rather than freak out.

Still, funny joke.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:13 pm

I still have a list of the old deck. The summons were: Tentacles, Slime, Minotaur, Centaur, demon, vampire, clone(of opposite gender)
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Right, I'll get to fixing it shortly.

So, how does this sound for the new cards?

"The Game Owner or someone else chosen by them to take their place transforms into ___. The transformation lasts until the transformed has made you and themselves climax. Other participants will be unable to intervene and the transformed will be unable to resist approaching you. The transformed will be unable to do anyone harm for the duration of their transformation."

And then the doppelganger card:

"An identical clone of you appears next to you. This clone is you to an equal degree, sharing the memories, body and mind, there's just two of you now. Any cards drawn by you for the remainder of this game also affects them, although they do not have to draw any cards themselves."

"A nearly identical clone of you as the opposite gender appears next to you. This clone is you to an equal degree, sharing the memories, body and mind, there's just two of you now. This genderbent clone of you is however mentally adapted to their new gender. Any cards drawn by you for the remainder of this game also affects them, although they do not have to draw any cards themselves."

How's this?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Sounds good to me
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:54 pm

I approve.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:21 pm

There we go. I've added the cards now, and we're up to 87 cards. I decided to remove vampires, because someone turnign into a vampire just to have sex seems a lot more pointless than summoning an actual vampire.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 am

So I'm going to guess at this point Phoenix is't coming back.

Should I just get my post up to get us going again?
exalted

Postby mrblah » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:20 pm

they can catch up if they do come back.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm

I sent them a PM, they should be responding soon. They had apparently thought this RP died due to inactivity and stopped checking it. I informed them we were waiting for them, so hopefully I won't have to drop them from the RP.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Sorry about the long delay. I know I'm the last one to have any right to complain about time between posting, but after a month with no post relevant to me, I stopped checking the thread. And the short-ish post is a result of "well, I promised I'll post ASAP, but experience has taught me I won't have either time or mood to write anything after I return home, better put something together in the 20 minutes I have before I have to leave for work."
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Well then, seems we can proceed. How about it everyone? Let's get this party started!
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 pm

So what I picture right now is something like this if my post was too convoluted:
----------free
----free
-free<--where he invites Sam to
Malcolm
===============
free
-Viola
----Toby
----------free
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Should we try to arrange things so there's more of a man / woman / man / woman set up? I'm good with whatever but I don't want to put people in pairings they're not comfortable with rping out because we didn't plan a seating order.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Tes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:12 pm

That's why I left the seat open. I can edit my post post sitting order discussion, but I wanted to keep the ball rolling without constricting the pairings completely.
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:29 pm

I'm going to hold off posting until I know I won't mess things up with where I sit Madison. She'll probably want to sit by Viola, but if the doubling up of women next to each other ends up making things wonky I'll work something else out.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Tes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 pm

So who would be your other prefered neighbor?
Tes

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character