A Secret Buried[cliffracer]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: A Secret Buried[cliffracer]

Postby Firehead » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:03 am

The next Pokémon you startle out of its nest is another Yungoos that Lopunny takes care of with similar ease. Two down, one to go, but it appears to get more difficult from here. The next Pokémon lept back into its nest as you approach refusing to come out. At the same time, another one steps out from its nest watching you from a distance. Seems they're coordinating between the nests to keep an eye on you while avoiding another fight. There are three nests for them to duck back into should you attempt to approach them.
Firehead

Postby cliffracer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:27 am

Zoey's pretty glad Lopunny can at least dispense of these Yungoos with swiftness, it might've been a hit to their pride if it were closer of a fight. Now she's got one more to deal with, but it won't be that easy... a rather impressive little community has been made deeper in this cave. One that's allowing them to keep watch and alert others of threats... Luckily, Zoey's got plenty of coordination to spare!
"It looks like we'll need to trick these Yungoos if we want to ambush them... Weavile, I think I'll need your speed for this one. Lopunny and I will block two of these nests here, and you'll need to Quick Attack the lookout that should come out to see which ones are safe. I'll even give you a get-out-of-trouble free card if you can do it in one hit!"

That oughta be good motivation. She directs Lopunny towards one burrow, and personally heads for the burrow with the best vantage point on the rest.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Firehead » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:49 am

Weavile and Lopunny nod understanding the plan. Weavile, looking quite keen on making some trouble without getting into any herself lept atop the boulder using it as both a hiding place and a lookout. Her coloration blends almost seamlessly with the shadows cast by the canopy making it even less likely she will be seen before she strikes. With her in place, you and Lopunny make your way over to the other entrances to make your presence known.

The lookouts scatter as the two of you approach their entrances, and sure enough, another Pokémon steps out to eye the two of you. Weavile finally lept out of her hiding spot striking the opponent from behind sending it tumbling, but after a few rolls, it gets back up to its feet. Strangely, it appears to stand on its hind legs whereas the Yungoos remained on all fours. As you approach to see what's going on, you see that it isn't a Yungoos, but its evolved form Gumshoo.
Firehead

Postby cliffracer » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:51 pm

The plan went off without a hitch, for the most part. Zoey got her successful ambush, but that ended up being more complicated as it seems the boss of these Yungoos has come out to see what the trouble is. She was kind of expecting this Totem she's heard about to do that, but it looks like the hierarchy is different than what she expected. Still, tough enough to take a hit from Weavile! The little ones must've asked for help...

"This one's all yours, Weavile! See how it likes your Slash!"
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Firehead » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:53 am

Weavile nods extending her claws and leaping at her opponent to deliver another blow to the wild Pokémon. Being evolved it takes the hit a little better than the Yungoos did but not by much meaning it must be roughly the same level as the Slash renders it a bit winded. Still, it's prepared enough to Sand Attack kicking up dust that hinders Weavile's vision in an attempt to keep her from dealing more blows. If it's going to play that game, it might be best to end this quickly.
Firehead

Postby cliffracer » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:17 pm

(( Apologies for the delay, holiday season was rough. ))

It's suprising to see this little leader of the bunch was able to take one of Weavile's Slashes, but she was convinced that Weavile just wasn't trying to go for a really good hit that time. The bad news is, this Gumshoos is looking like it wants to draw out the fight and tire Weavile out, and Zoey just couldn't have that. She had to make sure it didn't get a chance to blind her fully.

"Weavile, overwhelm it with some Ice Shards! Don't give it an inch!"
cliffracer

Postby Firehead » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:18 am

((Ehh, it happens. I was pretty off schedule most of that time myself.))

Weavile nods as you give her her orders. The cat leaps into action forming shards of ice that launch at her opponent. The Gumshoo tries to shield itself, but it's overwhelmed and falls leaving you victorious. That makes the third Pokémon defeated, so you should be able to advance to the Totem Pokémon now and see if what it protects really hides any secrets of old.

You see the man standing near the entrance to what appears to be the next chamber looking at you giving a nod when you catch him looking.
Firehead

Postby cliffracer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 am

Whew! Looks like that's just the decision she needed, a quick hit that doesn't need too much aim correction! "Haha! Great hit, Weavile! C'mon, you two, meet me by the back!" She was considering if she should keep Weavile as her 'secret weapon' now that she's got a bunch of sand in her eye... she'll have to decide once she gets a look at Weavile when they all form up.

Once there though, she passes a nod and a confident smile to the attendant. No need to be told she has permission to proceed, so she enters with a stride, eager to meet this Totem.
cliffracer

Postby Firehead » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 am

Weavile wipes her eyes clear of the dust, so you're confident that she'll be in good form for the battle with this Totem Pokémon. The man standing beside the entrance gets ready to greet you but stops when he notices your stride.

Walking through, you see the cavern open into a smaller chamber. Your eye is caught almost immediately by a cylindrical object smack in the middle of the room. Weavile nudges you pointing to the base. Where the stone structure meats the ground, there is part of an inscribed emblem worn away by time. The emblem clearly has more below as if it were taller but had been partially buried. Before you can get close to examine, there's a shriek from above. Dropping from a ledge above, a Gumshoo roughly twice the size of the previous one puts itself between you and the ancient stone object.
Firehead

Postby cliffracer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:34 am

Zoey pays mind to the cylindrical thing in the middle of this chamber she's walked in to, but she nearly assumes it some history to look at before Weavile points out some of the details. "Hrmmm... Good eye, that's quite intri-"
Her urge to check it out is interrupted by that noisy shriek, which makes her sympathetic for Lopunny and his big ears. The source makes itself known- a positively gigantic and mean-looking Gumshoos that seems deadset on preventing her from examining that thing. This HAS to be the Totem.

"Showtime, Weavile! Use Ice Shard, the first hit's ours!" And while Weavile's doing that, she turns to tell Lopunny "Make sure we don't get ambushed, alright?"
cliffracer

Postby Firehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:39 am

Lopunny's ears lay down ass he takes a combat stance as your opponent approaches to challenge the three of you.

Weavile leaps forward launching chunks of ice at her opponent. The Gumshoo takes a few cuts and abrasions but looks more angry than injured. It launches itself forward with a Pursuit an attack that hardly does anything to the strong Dark-Type. This is not unusual for a wild Pokémon, but it's not something you see when you challenge a Gym Leader in another region.

Seeing that your Pokémon aren't going down so easily, it lets out another cry, and from a hole in the wall behind it, a Yungoos comes out to stand beside its evolution. You'd heard of these situations called S.O.S. by the locals. Apparently, it was usual to face such situations with only a single Pokémon.
Firehead

Previous

Return to Private Games