The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 11/22]

Postby musical74 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm

CloudRipper Wrote:i just had a thought, Simon is an Incubus King now and Im guessing one of his eyes was damaged and made blind during the war, but wouldnt he be able to repair it with his power now or am I missing something?

He probably could, but doesn't think about it. As he views himself as old (well, middle aged, I don't know if I'd say 56 is "old") he doesn't do anything to fix that, even though he COULD. However, that's just a guess, Sierra or lostone would be able to tell you for sure. Personally, I like that there's "flaws" with Simon that he doesn't try to fix. Makes him more relatable than some of the others.
musical74

Postby CloudRipper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:57 am

musical74 Wrote:
CloudRipper Wrote:i just had a thought, Simon is an Incubus King now and Im guessing one of his eyes was damaged and made blind during the war, but wouldnt he be able to repair it with his power now or am I missing something?

He probably could, but doesn't think about it. As he views himself as old (well, middle aged, I don't know if I'd say 56 is "old") he doesn't do anything to fix that, even though he COULD. However, that's just a guess, Sierra or lostone would be able to tell you for sure. Personally, I like that there's "flaws" with Simon that he doesn't try to fix. Makes him more relatable than some of the others.

I agree. I like that he basically only has 1 good eye. And you get used to his one eye during the whole game
CloudRipper

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 am

Simon's left eye was seriously injured, but he's not blind in it. All of his scars that stay are exactly as people have said: technically his power could remove them, but because they match his self image, they remain.
Sierra Lee

Postby CloudRipper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:Simon's left eye was seriously injured, but he's not blind in it. All of his scars that stay are exactly as people have said: technically his power could remove them, but because they match his self image, they remain.

Ah my mistake for assuming he was blind in that eye
CloudRipper

Postby musical74 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 am

Wow, I've been supporting Sierra for a long time! (Well, supporting as in getting the latest DLs whenever they show up, too poor to support her financially) It's what happens when a game is so good though!

One question: during the Ardan Succession Crisis (when Tyna is appointed Successor) there's a Chosen that shows up, acts with the usual grace and charm that they are known for (none whatsoever) and gets dealt with. Sarai and Hester wonder why more Chosen are being created since Bozo IK is gone. I haven't gotten to the GwenFall summit yet (starting from the beginning, it'll be awhile!) so wondering if that has been resolved in some way or not.

Funny side note: I have this image of Vera (of the Goddess of Magic), when she pretends to invite Antarion (the jerk Blademaster) to a "special place" where the core group of the Goddess of Magic are, then the various women all take turns blasting him with magic to say "we all dislike you, heavily".
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:29 pm

musical74 Wrote:Wow, I've been supporting Sierra for a long time! (Well, supporting as in getting the latest DLs whenever they show up, too poor to support her financially) It's what happens when a game is so good though!

One question: during the Ardan Succession Crisis (when Tyna is appointed Successor) there's a Chosen that shows up, acts with the usual grace and charm that they are known for (none whatsoever) and gets dealt with. Sarai and Hester wonder why more Chosen are being created since Bozo IK is gone. I haven't gotten to the GwenFall summit yet (starting from the beginning, it'll be awhile!) so wondering if that has been resolved in some way or not.

I haven't got much further then the Gowenfall? Summit either, due a screwup with Wynn's conversations and not getting her into the harem. But I think we start to learn more after the invasion of
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Erosia, and going up against the Fucklord.
Not too much of a spoiler, but you never know.
Darthjake

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 am

Version 0.48.0 is now out for patrons:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/33041399

Starting off the new year with a new update! This one continues to launch the final chapter with some major updates and a return to Eustrin. Not much else to say for now, but you can expect it in a week.

No preview images this update, as it has been an unusually busy day. But a new year is a good time to reconsider old habits, so I'm contemplating not including screenshots anymore. People seem to have shifted away from forums and I'm thinking that perhaps no one would really miss them. Speak up if you feel differently, though.
Sierra Lee

Postby lostone2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:40 am

But I love them!!! :sadface:
lostone2

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:Version 0.48.0 is now out for patrons:

Starting off the new year with a new update! This one continues to launch the final chapter with some major updates and a return to Eustrin. Not much else to say for now, but you can expect it in a week.

No preview images this update, as it has been an unusually busy day. But a new year is a good time to reconsider old habits, so I'm contemplating not including screenshots anymore. People seem to have shifted away from forums and I'm thinking that perhaps no one would really miss them. Speak up if you feel differently, though.

Screenshots always help to draw in new people as they say sometimes you need to see it to belive it.
Evangelion-01

Postby Teezee » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:Version 0.48.0 is now out for patrons:

A picture is worth a thousand words?!!!

p.s. I missed you Sierra .. :)
It's been a while
Teezee

Postby musical74 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 pm

I'll add to the "I wanna see pictures!!" list, mostly because I love seeing what shenanigans Yarra and Qum get into!

Also, I wanna write a funny short story involving Antarion (jerk Blademaster) and his attempts to woo Vera (leader of the Goddess of Magic) and her "core group" going horribly and funnily awry. It won't be anywhere near as eloquent as Sierra's writing (I'm not a professional writer!) but should be a fun read when I'm done. Where should this go when I finish, so you all see Antarion has about as much luck in Yilhin as he does in Ardford (next to none)?
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 am

musical74 Wrote:I'll add to the "I wanna see pictures!!" list, mostly because I love seeing what shenanigans Yarra and Qum get into!

Also, I wanna write a funny short story involving Antarion (jerk Blademaster) and his attempts to woo Vera (leader of the Goddess of Magic) and her "core group" going horribly and funnily awry. It won't be anywhere near as eloquent as Sierra's writing (I'm not a professional writer!) but should be a fun read when I'm done. Where should this go when I finish, so you all see Antarion has about as much luck in Yilhin as he does in Ardford (next to none)?

You can probably PM Sierra on her Patreon page or here once it's done. I'm sure the other LOK members might want to read it, but SL will probably post it as fanfic on her Patreon page.
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:17 am

Sent it to Sierra on here, since I haven't signed up for any Patreon before. It's about 2 pages, and has Antarion getting a few lightning bolts, fried, and a knee in the groin for his efforts. Might post it here too if you guys are OK with it!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:13 am

The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... lease.html

Check the blog for links, update notes, and everything else! By the way, more people on the various forums commented or messaged me about the screenshots, so I'll continue with them. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/17]

Postby musical74 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 am

Here's the fanfic, hoping you guys like it! (or at least get a laugh or two out of it)

Antarion figured this was the perfect assignment. In Ardford he was known, people had an idea what to expect from him. While he was in Yilhin he was an unknown, which meant women would swoon over his exploits, and with his charm he was positive that there’d be at least a dozen women begging for the chance to have fun with him. Sure, he was there on Blademaster business, but that wouldn’t take all that long. It was more important to let those Yilhini women see a real man! He saw a likely first target and moved to impress the lady with his tales, positive she’d been falling head over heels for him!

Vera saw the approaching man and inwardly groaned. Her friend Aka had warned her, warned the core group of the Goddess of Magic about this guy. Aka had mentioned that this guy thought he was Ivala’s gift to women, that he’d try corny lines to try and woo women. He was quite skilled, but his attitude! Aka couldn’t believe that Antarion was hitting on all the female members of her party, more so because they were all with Simon already! Antarion didn’t seem to care though, trying his supposedly smooth lines on all the women. Never mind they all shot him down, sometimes spectacularly, he still insisted how wonderful he was. This gave Vera an idea, to humiliate this Blademaster. If he was so obsessed with trying to impress women, he wouldn’t notice that they would try to trap him.

“Hey baby, ever been with a real man? I saved Ardford from the Incubus King!” Antarion felt this would definitely get her, women just love heroes!

Vera knew this was false, it was several different people who saved Ardford. In fact, a Chosen was more instrumental in saving Ardford than this bozo was. Still, it gave Vera’s plan traction. If he’s trying to woo a woman he just met, he’d be too stupid to think that this woman would try to humiliate him.

“Oh really? That sounds so exciting! I have a few friends who’d like to hear this too, how about we go meet them?” If Antarion was as stupid as Vera thought, he wouldn’t recognize it was a trap. Fortunately, Vera didn’t need to worry.

“You have friends that want to hear my awesomeness too? Lead on!” Antarion thought this was great, not only was this babe interested, she had friends that wanted to hear it too!

Vera directed Antarion to the Goddess of Magic’s headquarters. That it was in the Yilhini slums didn’t matter to Antarion, there would be more babes to listen to his tales! When he discovered that there was an Elven babe among the 5, he was ecstatic, he always wanted to try and woo an elf!

“Vera, is this the one Aka warned us about?”

“That’s right! He didn’t waste any time trying to woo me. What Aka said was true, this guy’s a piece of work!”

“What does She say about it?”

Vera smiled. “She said to teach him a lesson”.

Antarion was confused, who was Aka? Teach him a lesson? He didn’t know what was going on…until the elven woman hit him with a lightning bolt!

“OUCH! What was that for? I thought you wanted to hear my tales of heroics!”

Vera smiled again. “Unfortunately for you, we knew about you from our friend Aka. She told us what to except if you showed up. The Goddess of Magic said that you needed to be brought down a peg too,”

Antarion was puzzled but didn’t have long to think about it before the one that looked like a housewife hit him with fire. He started to complain only to have the exotic-looking one hit him with another lightning bolt. He turned to flee but forgot Vera was now in from of him, and she promptly kneed him in the groin.

“Get the message yet? You are not welcome here!”

Antarion nodded gingerly, thinking things were much better in Ardford. At least there, no one sought to humiliate him!

After Antarion fled – with another lightning bolt to convince him to scram – the housewife was worried, “This won’t cause a rift between Yilhin and Ardford will it?”

Vera shook her head. “I don’t think so. People know he’s full of it, so they will take everything he says with a pound of salt. You did good, everyone.”
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:12 pm

I chuckled. Thanks Musical.
Darthjake

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:35 am

Version 0.49.0 is available to patrons, and it's a big one! I normally don't put update notes here, but I'll paste them in this case:
TLS 0.49.0
 - Complete world overhaul for Chapter 5.
 - Access to new nations: Erosia, Ghenalon, and Tatseni.
 - Up to three new harem members (depending on your decisions).
 - Several potential new staff members (heavily decision-dependent).
 - Seven new plot scenes, plus four new affection scenes.
 - Four new synergy skills.
 - Three new Orcent conversations/events.
 - Assorted minor retroactive changes. Yhilini civilians comment on the Thenoursan War, the monster patrol investment has some cosmetic NPCs, etc.

This is an open world segment that sends you all over the world, but it's not just (tons of) updated NPCs. For the first time in the game, you can freely visit Erosia, Ghenalon, and Tatseni. There are various quests and developments across the world as well:
Many plot threads are followed up, depending on your decisions so far. If you've made the right decisions, you might be able to add up to THREE harem members this time:
Transformations are a bit of a theme this time. Again, if you have the right stats, you can have some characters change in ways that will prove extremely consequential to the plot.
If you've been wondering when the party will finally take advantage of all those divine shards, that time is now. I've promised this decision several times, years and years ago on various forums. Well, you finally get to pick:
But I know that none of you really care about the plot, characters, or decisions. I know you're all here for hot, sexy bar conversations with Orcent, aren't you?
There are also investments, but I'll just leave the last word to Trin:
Because this update is huge and I intend to add additional content, it's going to spend two weeks in Patreon testing and improvement.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 pm

I'd much rather hear about how Yarra's perversions are so crazy even for succubi that Yarra is next in line for the throne of the Orgasmic Empire! I mean, Yarra's got to be in the running for "Best Succubus for sexy perversions", right?

Before I forget, I really do like the detail and care you put in for even bit characters. The "this isn't a square" lady, the first "Ivalan Succubus", others that are essentially just minor characters are really well fleshed out and fun to encounter! Speaking of, is the "this isn't a square" lady based on anyone you know of, or is it just another fun little addition to the world?
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:00 am

musical74 Wrote:I'd much rather hear about how Yarra's perversions are so crazy even for succubi that Yarra is next in line for the throne of the Orgasmic Empire! I mean, Yarra's got to be in the running for "Best Succubus for sexy perversions", right?

Before I forget, I really do like the detail and care you put in for even bit characters. The "this isn't a square" lady, the first "Ivalan Succubus", others that are essentially just minor characters are really well fleshed out and fun to encounter! Speaking of, is the "this isn't a square" lady based on anyone you know of, or is it just another fun little addition to the world?

I figure it more along the line, of there's always one...
Darthjake

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am

musical74 Wrote:Before I forget, I really do like the detail and care you put in for even bit characters. The "this isn't a square" lady, the first "Ivalan Succubus", others that are essentially just minor characters are really well fleshed out and fun to encounter! Speaking of, is the "this isn't a square" lady based on anyone you know of, or is it just another fun little addition to the world?

Honestly, that NPC was created because I called it a square, but the map I wanted to create was more rectangular. I figured that if I left it alone, someone would complain, so it would be more fun to call it out as a running joke. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy my bit characters. ^-^
Sierra Lee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects