Cursed Partygame OOC Closed, 5/7 spots taken.

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Cursed Partygame OOC Closed, 5/7 spots taken.

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Right, I just took a glance as to who hadn't responded since I last posted. I've been a bit busy myself IRL, so I am kinda getting out of the loop myself. I'll take a more throughout look at it and make a post about it either here, or in IC.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:43 am

So hey this looks pretty much dead by this point, which is a shame. I will say though that it was loads of fun and I hope I can be in more games with you lot in the future.
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah, sorry. I suddenly got swarmed IRL with stuff and computer problems. Just got back on here. I will admit that it is a bit hard to re-start this, but I highly enjoyed this RP with you guys. So, before we close this off, I want your opinion. I intend to do another one of this, when I do, would you guys prefer it to be a continuation of this one, or would you prefer it to be done with other characters, starting it all over, fresh? I will also be re-working the deck a bit. The summon cards proved to be more of a bother than I anticipated, so I wish to take them out, as they always ended up stalling the game somewhat.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Keen for a new game with new characters
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Alright then. I myself can go for either or.

New characters: 1
Same characters but new game: 0

The deck will be reworked either way, so things should be different either way.
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:12 am

I'm personally in support of new characters.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:16 am

New characters: 2
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:05 am

New characters is the way to go imo!
CondorBoH

Postby Tes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Yeah, I also had/have some stuff to deal with myself. And while I'm a bit sad it had to die out like this, I really enjoyed the ride ^^. I'm pretty impartial concerning the new vs. old character question but new ones definitly would bring some advantages.

On the topic of stalling cards: I found that most cards where someone had to wear something that they can't themselves take off led to nowhere most of the time. So what I would consider changing about the setting is either the premise, i.e. switching from the innocent sleep over to something along the lines of a swinger party (with or without preformed couples that want to experiment) or some other thing where the characters have an idea of what they are getting into and thus giving them a chance to have fun with these accessories. Or add secondary effects to them. For example for the collar and leash have a random person out of the group take them on a walk or something I don't know.

That also brings up the neighbor thing. We could always make every card that refers to one instead be either a coin toss between left and right or even completly random from the whole group and thus eliminating the duplicates and them doubling the probability of those cards artificially. Matt greatly enjoyed having Lena and Violet as his neighbors for obvious reasons and it's a good thing that we had the seating to eliminate unwanted couplings, but that could also be achieved via an OOC discussed list of characters for each one that would be included in the rolls to give everyone the opportunity to get scenarios with everyone they would like to (and who also wants that to happen) I myself would probably invite everyone on my list as long as their character is female for any sexual interactions for example.
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 pm

New characters: 3
Either or: 2

You do make a few good points Tes, but regarding changing the left/right cards into 1d2 cards, there are 2 reasons as to why I didn't do that to begin with.
First and foremost, it's because of the size of the deck. When making the deck, I was aiming for a total of 100 cards, and as you can see, I only managed to stretch it as far as 80 cards by making a few doubles and by making left/right cards. Combining those cards into 1d2 cards would significantly shrink the deck down. The second reason is because of cards like Nr.9. A card that lets you choose the effect of any other card in the deck. With left and right being separate cards, it becomes a choice, but if it was a single 1d2 card, it would become a gamble, which is kind of not what that card was meant for.

As a compromise, I could make it a set of 3 cards. A left, a right and a 1d2 card. This would expand the deck, not interfere with the Nr.9 card and also increase the randomness... So, if that sounds like a decent solution, then I'll do that.

As to your other point concerning the setting, that is definitely something I agree with and had in mind. Regardless of if we're going with new or old characters. Although, I thought it would be a given that going into it with the same characters would leave us with characters who already know what they're getting themselves into. Seeing as how it seems to be leaning into a game where we all go for new characters, I think I'll go for the swinger party idea or something along those lines.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Alright, Max3000 is out for the next game. Seems new character is what we're going for. I'll be expanding the deck with the earlier discussed compromise and if any of you have any suggestions, lay them on me.

The idea I have for this next game will be the result of a swinger party and the group in question is one that decides to play this card game they found. Also, if anyone else I interested in playing the host, I am fine with that, a bit more of variety. I'll still be the GM, but you get to decide the environment, amount of invited people and conveniently available amount of condoms and other preventives.

I'll be using the same CS template, so you can just grab it here and prepare a character for the next game while I begin working on the new thread and finish up the changes to the G-doc with all the card effects.

CS Template
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Interests:
Kinks:
Turn-offs:
Bio:
Extra Info:
Appearance: (A description is acceptable, but a picture is preferred.)
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Cool, I'll think about my new character shortly.

I understand where you are coming from with keeping the fixed cards. You don't need to add the random cards. That would kind of defeat the purpose of evening the probability of events that I had in mind, but if you think it would still be a good idea, then go for it.
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Should we also pair up as couples before we start making our characters or make our characters and then decide whose most likely to be paired up with each other?

Also, here's a thought, although I'm happy to not do this if people don't like it: maybe not everyone whose coming up is fully aware its a swingers party? Perhaps some people in the group know what the cards do in advance and are planning to sort of trick their significant other or more gullible couples that they know into getting involved in the party. Could be fun, but isn't necessary if you feel that over-complicates things.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:19 am

That's fine. Allows people to make a bit more shy characters if they want. As for being paired up, that's up to you people. I'll add it to the post so people joining us for the first time will be aware.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 pm

And so, the new OOC thread for the sequel has been posted. Follow this link to find it. https://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9674
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 am

By the way, I've also gone and locked the IC thread for this RP now, and will do the same to this one once everyone who intended to have moved over to the new thread...
Fantasy Fanatic

Previous

Return to Out of Character