[RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [New Content Update!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [Big Update 08-16-19!]

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:55 pm

New Release: v0.98!

Hi everyone!

Version 0.98 is now available for weekly patrons. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, but little by little, I've been steadily plugging away at the game, making fairly significant gains on the new content.

This week, at long last, we reach part 1 of the SIEGE on the cove, and we hope you like it and look forward for what's still to come (a lot).

Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Thanks, and we'll see you again next Friday!

Version 0.98 - 9-6-2019
Added the Cove Siege sequence, Part 1 (WIP)
Added a ton of different Oldlight soldier encounters for the coming waves
Added the General Diana encounter
Added a new Oldlight finder encounter
Added 5 new “awakened” character sprites for Mercy
Added 5 new “awakened” battler spritesheets for Mercy
Revised the Whirlwind skill for spear users. Instead of periodically reflecting magic, attacks now count as Wind element have a 33% of afflicting Silence (so it’s less redundant with “Awakening”).
Medicated Bandages now also remove the Unyielding Wounds status
Fixed a glitched event in a Hawk’s Keep tent
Fixed an issue where trying to fish up the essence in Witchdale doesn’t work if you upgraded your fishing rod
Fixed an issue where you could talk to Dietrich or other characters from the ledge below them
Fixed an issue where having talked to Cattie in a previous build in chapter IX could lock you out from progressing the story to evacuate the inn
Fixed an issue where the leaf spirit incorrectly states that 3 unrefined essence were received and adjusted the leaf spirit dialogue slightly
Improved some ability animations
Fixed an issue where June could soft lock Mercy in the ship’s cabin
Fixed some portrait issues in Carvannah
Fixed an issue where Mercy could read some signs while blinded
Fixed an issue where Claudia was still titled “finder” in Carvannah
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Version 0.99: Spreadsheet Edition

Oh, hello.

I didn't see you there. Come on inside to version 0.99 of Daughter of Essence: Spreadsheet Edition.

You might be wondering: "spreadsheets?" What could this old boy mean by spreadsheets?

Well, since you're here, I'll tell ya. It means I have spent the past entire week staring at spreadsheets, trying to math out all the consequences for how you assigned every member of the cove in the Oldlight Siege. And let me tell you, friend.

I am very glad to be finished.

Next week: The Big Version 100! No more math, next week. Just the good stuff--you won't want to miss it, promise.

New to the game? Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.99 - 9-13-2019

The Cove Siege results are now tallied up and rated from F to S+, and rewards (or penalties) are applied correspondingly (WIP)
Added “the bad end” #1 to the game!
Changed how stealing gold works: instead of stealing 100% of the target’s gold, and that gold then not dropping after the fight, you steal 30% extra, and they still drop their full amount. Otherwise, stealing gold was only useful when you ran away from fights or lost (and there were virtually no instances where you could run away from people)
Fixed some more Beatrix portrait issues
Fixed an issue where Mercy’s portrait was reverted to default if entering the renovated throne room for the first time while blindfolded
Fixed an issue where beating Franz before round 3 did not trip the flag where he runs, and added more HP to the first Franz fight to prevent this from happening in overleveled files
Fixed an issue where the cove defenses could disappear in chapter 7+
Fixed a passability issue in Grey Clarion
Meghan’s dialogue if you haven’t renovated the throne room was caught up to her dialogue if you had
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:26 pm

New Weekly & Alpha: Version 0.100!

WOW--the centennial release. I knew it was coming, but it still crept up on me. We're still hard at work on the fallout from the cove siege and all the complex branches and accompanying systems, but we couldn't help but sneak in a new scene featuring one of the most requested characters in the game's history, who hasn't had so much as a hint of a suggestion of a scene... until now!

But we won't spoil it. You'll have to see for yourself.

Next week, believe it or not, the grind continues... look for version 0.101 and some fancy new art coming your way!

New to the game? Try our public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur or become a patron!

Version 0.100 - 9-20-2019

(Important note: the cove siege route is contingent on a certain level of cove strength. IF you do not have the required cove strength to initiate the siege, the current build will dead-end before the siege begins, since the alternate routes are still in development)

New NSFW scene (Threesome, F/F/M, pegging)
Updated dialogue for most of the cove’s residents after the siege
Certain members of the cove will now acknowledge certain other members’ deaths (WIP)
The cove area is now fully packed up during the siege
If the cove’s defenses aren’t upgraded, the inn sustains damage during the siege from cannonfire and can’t be entered
If the inn is damaged, its occupants can now primarily be found in the throne room
The cove now reflects damage taken from the siege (WIP)
If Eva, Moon, Gertrude or Wulfhilde die in the siege, their station will now remain packed up indefinitely (RIP)
Mercy now wakes up in her own room after the siege instead of Leite’s, since it’s possible the inn is destroyed
Anyone who dies in the siege is now correctly removed from the cove (RIP)
Fixed a portrait issue in the cove
Fixed an issue where flying out of Fogsborough kept Mercy’s coat on
Fixed an issue where leaving the fishing vessel after obtaining Qel could cause you to fly instead of return to your boat
Szarva milk was fixed to only displays the icon when interacting with the cooking fire, for continuity
Fixed an issue where Cammie would appear in the cove briefly even if she wasn’t recruited
Fixed a missing portrait issue in Shiveworth when controlling Beatrix
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:18 am

New Release: Version 0.101!

Hi folks, version 0.101 is available!

As those of you who have been around long enough know, when it's an art week... it's pretty much only an art week, because it takes me so long to draw scenes when I do them myself.

But I squeezed in the beginnings of the "stall for backup" path in the cove, as well as going back and touching up some of the dialogue in the preceding scenes for both quality and continuity.

There will also be a second version of the illustration with, uh, "finishing touches" soon, and the uncensored HD version is in the Discord for patrons. All in all, it's another week in the books, and the grind continues next week. Thanks for the support, and we'll see you soon.

New to the game? Become a patron or play the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.101 - 9-27-2019
Added new scene art! (Moon & Elijah--also added to the library)
Revised some dialogue in the war planning cutscene for continuity
Added the “stall for backup” route (WIP)
Adjusted some enemy skills for balance
Fixed an issue where Gongo could appear in the cove even if not recruited
Fixed an issue where Gorstag could remain in the cove even if he died in the siege
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:40 pm

New Release: Version 0.102!

Hi, everyone!

The latest build nearly wraps up the alternative path for the siege--the route where, if Mercy isn't confident in the cove's strength, she sends for backup and tries to hold the choke until help arrives.

There are a few little bumps to smooth over for next week, but then we're sailing on ahead with new content and leaving the cove behind once more! I, for one, will be grateful for the change of scenery and to be finished with this exceedingly complicated event, haha.

Want to become a patron or try the public build? Head on over to https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Until next time, we hope you enjoy.

Version 0.102 - 10-4-2019

Improved and expanded the Moon & Elijah art
Added new “stall for time” portion in the cove residential area with a lot of new dialogue
Added the “stall for time” siege, including battles where you hold the choke point as Marlan, Hallie, Dalkon, Fukuro and Franz
Added a new short cutscene on Bell’s deck
Added new dialogue to some residents after the “stall for time” siege, and made some of the dialogue from head-on attack apply for both paths
All members of the ship’s crew will be absent from the cove after the strategy meeting if the “stall for time” path is chosen
Fixed an issue where Moondrop was declassified as magic and removed from Orus’s list of spells
Fixed an issue where Brandis appeared in the cove when not recruited
Fixed an issue where portions of the cove overlay could be visible when waking from the cove siege
Fixed an issue when taking control of Marlan in Grey Clarion where it was possible for Marlan to be outfitted incorrectly
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 pm

New to the game? Become a patron or play the public build here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

New Release: v0.103!

Hello, everyone!

This patch puts the whole cove siege section to bed, adding a lot of new scenes and updating the dialogue for all the members of the cove, and tweaking/improving some of the scenes during the siege itself. Plus, there are some relatively important bug fixes thrown in for good measure.

For now, I'm ready to move on and tackle what comes next, but in the future I'll probably come back to this section and flesh out a few more details, like unique dialogue for every possible member of the cove who didn't make it, and little on-screen effects to ramp up the drama when the general shows up.

As for what comes next: Mercy has to rush around, making good on her alliances, finishing her preparations and bolstering the cove's strength for Oldlight's return. Plus, there are still a few mysteries to solve, like the idols and whatever happened to Friedhilda.

We hope you're as excited to see where it all goes as we are.

- Nym

Version 0.103 - 10-11-2019
Added Bell’s arrival scene (Stall route)
Added Bell & Franz scene, new backstory (Stall route)
Added Carlisse, Thorgeir & Gertie to the cove
Added a lot of new dialogue to more cove residents pre- and post-siege
Sabal will now fight alongside Marlan in the Cove Siege if recruited
Mercy will now appear in her quarters after the Stall route is completed and rest before continuing, which plays a new cutscene
If Dalkon, et al, lose their fight during the siege (Stall route), they now die permanently and count towards the total lost
Mercy & Orus are now correctly recovered after resting post-siege
A monument has been added to the rear-portion of the cove to commemorate anyone who falls in the siege (WIP)
Heckart finally gets his rematch (Stall route only, for now)
Added a new (unique) craftable accessory at the upgraded forge
Fixed an issue where Elijah could repeat dialogue automatically after the siege
Fixed an issue where the pirate class incorrectly couldn’t access essence magic (among other things, this caused Bell not to access part of his moveset in the deepfolk fight)
Fixed some passability issues while controlling Beatrix in Shiveworth
Revised a few lines of dialogue in Shiveworth
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:12 am

Weekly & Alpha Release: v0.104!

Hi everyone! Version 0.104 is uploaded for weekly and alpha patrons! Thanks for your patience and thanks for playing our game.

New to the game? Become a patron or try the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

We have a couple of pretty cool new systems being implemented this week, and the longest scene written to date, which had to be broken into three separate portions since it's a bit of a slow burn before it really gets cooking.

We've also begun trying to address the world changes for chapter 9, but as you can imagine, that's a big project in and of itself and will take a while to iron out.

Anyway, you can peep everything that's new this week in the notes below. As always, we hope you enjoy, and we'll see you next week!

Version 0.104 - 10-18-2019
Added a new NSFW scene (M/F, Dom/Sub, Mature)
Bell’s arrival to the cove has been added to the siege route, and a new scene with Tafo was added
Added a 5th level to the dorms (WIP)
Added a new multi-part cove sequence building up to the new NSFW scene
Adjusted essence magic for better balance and synergy
Adjusted classes and enemy resistances to reflect new simplified magic resistance chain: earth > thunder > water > fire > ice > earth (light and dark counter each other, governed by moon and night, respectively)
Added new spell effects and made some spells negate certain status afflictions based on the new resistance chain (earth negates paralyze, thunder negates drowned, water negates burns, fire negates chilled/frozen, ice negates dizzy/disoriented). Additionally, if a spell is used on a target afflicted by the state it negates, the spell’s damage is amplified.
Updated the library to contain all missing NSFW scenes
You can now leave the cove in chapter IX after discussing the Emerald Flats with Marlan (Ch. IX world is WIP)
Fixed an issue where Fukuro would show up with Marlan instead of Sabal
Fixed some text alignment issues
Fixed some portrait alignment issues
Franz, the Carvannah refugees, Sigrun & co., the Danforth Crook bandits are all gone from their respective places in the world starting in chapter IX if not recruited
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm

New Release: Version 0.105!

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Hi Nym, here!

Spent a lot of time this week really fleshing out the essence journal, adding a full-detail page for every spell in the game. I'll be doing the same for the weapon skill journal soon, but I ran out of time this week.

Besides just the spellbook, I've added a number of brand new spells to the game, continuing the recent trend of trying to add depth and synergy to the game's magic system for those people out there like myself who love experimenting with different build combinations.

There's other little tidbits here and there, but I'll let the patch notes handle the rest and just say thanks for playing, as always, and I hope you're looking forward to a brand new area coming next week.

Version 0.105 - 10-25-2019

Completely overhauled the essence magic journal, adding a full detailed page for every individual spell.
6 Brand new spells were added to the 2nd and 3rd tier of Eva’s workspace!
Hawk’s Keep is abandoned in Chapter IX and all the Lions have moved on (but maybe someone else has moved in…?)
Danforth Crook has been updated slightly for chapter IX. Marilea is no longer recruitable and the jobs around the farm are already taken care of, so you won’t be asked for help.
The basement key from Danforth can be retrieved in chapter IX even if the bandits weren’t recruited, and Sabal can still be recruited
If Colette wasn’t recruited in Chapter VIII, you have another chance to recruit her in chapter IX
Flame Cultist added to Fogsborough Ch. IX (requires having found her previously)
Attack-all spell animations have been improved for fewer cut-offs and better screen alignment, so it doesn’t look like allies are caught in the attacks
Emerald Oasis added to the overworld and world map
Added new dialogue with Captain Bell, discussing the plans for departure. Mercy no longer leave the cove in Ch. IX until after this dialogue occurs
Qel can now land at the Emerald Oasis, though it can’t be accessed until Ch. IX
Fixed an issue where the bird cage image overlay had a tile graphic error
Mining nodes in Esterholt now correctly show the coat portrait
Fixed a cutscene in the White Rat where Mercy’s sprite wasn’t correctly shown as sleeping
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm

New Release: Version 0.106!

New to the game? Want to become a patron or try the public build? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Hey everyone!

There are several new areas and a lot of new cutscenes this week, but the biggest change is also the most subtle: a total overhaul of all the hidden calculations behind the fishing system. It doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot on the casual user's end, but it cleans the whole thing up a lot for me and makes a few improvements in the process.

It's fun to be working on fresh new content again, since I was starting to get tired of the cove events. Look forward to a whole lot more next week!

- Nym

Version 0.106 - 11-1-2019
Added the Temple of the Burning Stone (WIP)
Added temple interior
Added inner sanctum
Added new idol space
Added new optional boss encounter (WIP)
Added a new cutscene with the flame priestess
Dougar is recruitable in Ch. IX IF he was spoken to in Ch. VIII after recruiting Sigrid
Overhauled the fishing system. Your Luck now directly affects what fish you will find in addition to whether you catch a fish. Your line can no longer break unless you land a fish. Increased the odds of finding regionally-specific fish. (Each time you cast, a random number is rolled between 1 and 400. Mercy's Luck stat is then added to the total. When using a Lure, Mercy's Luck is tripled. If the resulting number is higher than 200, something is hooked.)
Revised the snowy cliff tiles around Esterholt and Fogsborough to be less blocky and allow passability underneath
Added some new fishable items
Fixed some portrait issues in Carvannah
Fixed some repeating animation issues
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:07 pm

New Release: v0.107!

New to the game? Try the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Hi everyone, prepared here specifically for your pleasure is the game's latest and greatest release, version 0.107.

A lot of new information about Mercy, the idols, and the previous Daughters of Essence is brought to light this week in one of the most involved and lengthy quests I've put together yet.

Plus, a couple of new characters are introduced that I think a lot of people are going to end up really liking. I can already tell they're going to be some of my favorites.

Enjoy!

Version 0.107 - 11-8-2019
Added new story content to the burning stone quest
Added the raft-building quest from Fort Wilkes (WIP)
Added the treasure-hunters to Fort Wilkes
Added new enemies to the temple exterior
Updated the Moon Mother encounter
Revised the burning stone scene
Finished the idol space scenes
Fixed a portrait issue in Hawk’s Keep
Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in the basement in Danforth Crook
Fixed an issue where Mercy could confront Leite about the pump before finding it
Fixed an issue where Claudia could appear in two places at once
Fixed an issue where Camille could walk over the steps on the ship and get stuck
Fixed a possible soft lock in Beatrix’s office
Marlan is now restored before his fight in the siege
Fixed an issue where Dallas could appear in the cove even if not recruited
Any item given to Beatrix in the fight against the twins is now removed after combat

New Weekly & Alpha Release: v0.108!

Hellooooooo, and thanks for joining us for another new release! We focused a lot on revisions and improvements this week, including portraits, weapon skill books, and in many cases, the skills themselves.

The long quest chain from Fogsborough to Fort Wilkes to New Light has finally concluded, and a number of new friends can be made along the way. I've also begun work on a cool new area called Emerald Flats, but that isn't quite ready for exploration yet. You can look forward to seeing some of that next week.

Until then, we hope you enjoy!

- Nym

New to the game? Become a patron or download the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.108 - 11-15-2019
Added the smugglers to New Light and the return home
Added the conclusion of the raft-building quest and the departure from Fort Wilkes
Added hazards to the overworld while rafting
Quinn and Bartleby can now be recruited to the cove
Revised Beatrix’s portraits
Revised Orus Portraits
Overhauled the skillbooks
A number of skills have been adjusted for balance
The skill abbreviations in “Sense Essence” have been adjusted for continuity
Fixed some text runoff and typos
Fixed an issue where picking up the tools & rope in Fort Wilkes didn’t correctly count towards quest progress
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm

New Weekly & Alpha Release: v0.112!

New to the game? Become a patron or try the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Hi everyone!

Here is a good chunky update with a lot of new story content in the Emerald Flats.

The area as a whole is still a WIP, but it's come a long way and the main narrative for the town is nearly concluded.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy the new content!

Version 0.112 - 12-13-2019
Added the mining “hot & cold” sequence
Added a ton of new story progress in Emerald Flats
Added new enemy encounters
Added new characters to Emerald Flats
Added new essence-transformation portraits
Fixed an issue where Mercy’s heirloom knife showed a default knife sprite when attacking
Fixed an issue where some interiors were autosaving unintentionally
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Happy Holidays! Version 0.113 Released!

Hi everyone, here is the final build before the holidays, and the second-to-last build of the decade.

The hell world of the past few weeks is finally calming, and things are beginning to resemble normalcy again just in time for the holidays. We'll be taking a couple of days off to relax for Christmas, but fear not: there will still be a new release next Friday.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the new stuff! Emerald Flats is nearly complete. The only thing left is to flesh out a few more side-quests and add in a bit of extra content, and we'll be moving on with the story.

Version 0.113 - 12-20-2019
Added a shorter new NSFW scene (M/F, cunnilingus)
Added new NPCs to Emerald Flats
Added tons of items to Emerald Flats
Added new encounters to the Emerald Flats mine
Added new side-quests to the Emerald Flats
Added new secrets to Emerald Flats
Added new ingredients and a new cooking recipe
You can now get a new mining pick from the Emerald Flats supervisor if yours breaks while mining silver or gold
Fixed some more animations that were incorrectly playing twice
Fixed some incorrect move routes in the Emerald Flats

New to Daughter of Essence? Try the public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Last Release of the Decade: v0.114!

Hi everyone, hope your holidays have been splendid and you're all excited for the new year!

To round the decade out, I managed to sneak in some time this week for a new release with flashy new content and bug fixes alike.

As always, we hope you enjoy, and we hope to see you next year!

- Nym

New to the game? Try out the public build or beomce a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.114 - 12-27-2019
Adjusted the siege ending slightly and added new sprites/portraits for a severely wounded Diana
Added new cutscenes to the departure of the Emerald Flats
-Added a cutscene on the Carvannah docks
-Added a cutscene in the Oldlight palace
-Added a cutscene in the newly-made training room for Minerva’s soldiers
-Added a cutscene in the spymaster’s office
-Added reunion with Elijah & boarding
-Added arrival to the cove with Medina, refugees & gardener (if recruited)
Added all the new arrivals to the cove (WIP)
The inn is repaired after the return from Emerald Flats (if it was destroyed)
Mercy can no longer use toys on the deck of the Oldlight ship. This is to fix a bug where using it before the leviathan fight would carry over into the fight, to comedic effect
Fixed an issue where Kelsie could appear in the inn even if she wasn’t recruited
Fixed an issue where szarva milk was incorrectly missing from the tavern once Cattie took over
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm

New Year, New Build: v0.115!

Hey everyone, happy 2020. This week's build finally cut up a bunch more of our voice actress's monologue bits for Mercy and adds them in, which is a lot more work getting right than it sounds, but definitely worth it.

She does a great job with Mercy, and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the game voiced up.

Beyond that, I fixed a bunch of bugs and updated the cove with new, post-Emerald Flats dialogue. This is getting more and more time-consuming as the cove keeps growing and adding new people, but it really feels essential to making the cove feel "alive" and I don't mind doing it.

You'll notice that a lot of people start hinting at errands or projects they'd like to attempt before it all goes down, and this chapter is going to be Mercy's last chance to get all her unfinished business concluded, so there are a lot of threads to start tying off.

Next week, we're gonna be doing a lot of tying. Hope you look forward to it.

- Nym

New to the game or want to become a patron? Check out https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur for the public build and other options!

Version 0.115 - 1-3-2020
Added several new voiced chapter monologues!
Qel now perches above the bath house after being recruited & can be spoken with at any time
Added new dialogue to members of the cove to reflect the passage of time
Added new dialogue to some of the townsfolk in Emerald Flats
Added (another) line of dialogue indicating where to go after waking in the White Rat
Dougar now appears in the cove (or boathouse) if recruited
Bell’s crew no longer remains in the cove after departing for Emerald Flats
The Carlisse/Gertie/Thorgeir scene can no longer trigger if Thorgeir dies in the siege
Megaera no longer appears in the cove after the siege if she wasn’t recruited
Fukuro no longer vanishes from the cove after the siege
Megaera & Fukuro will now mention leaving to bring their respective aid back to the cove and be absent once Mercy returns from the Emerald Flats
Aklas and Dietrich will no longer appear after the siege in the cove if not recruited
Fixed an issue where Mercy could be stuck in a cutscene in the tent in Emerald Flats
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 pm

New Weekly & Alpha: v0.116!

Hi everyone!

Last week, I mentioned we would start tying off loose ends this week, and that's what I've been working on.

We have a lot of returning old faces you can touch base with again, many of whom can be recruited depending on your choices up to now. Next week there will be more of the same, with Chapter 9 will be wrapping up very soon. Then I'll be getting started on the "final" chapter!

Which means... it's just about time for a new public release! I'll be posting more details about that soon, but you should expect it coming before the month is over.

As always the public release will be available at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

As always, thanks for checking us out and we hope you enjoy the new content.

Best,

Nym

Version 0.116 - 1-10-2020
Added new dialogue to the cove
Added a new area to the cove in Ch. IX: the garden (must have recruited Marilea)
Updated the cove’s upper area in Ch. IX if the battleship was salvaged & added a big new housing complex
Added new lighting to the rear cave areas
Mercy’s Luck now increases the odds of getting better mining results
Attempted to fix a random issue where mining can cause a crash
Adjusted the dusk lighting in Emerald Flats
Revised the Hawk’s Keep Minron dialogue and concluded (it if you completed the flame cultist quest)
You can recruit Elif or Ramesh in Ch. IX, depending on your choices prior
You can recruit Ramses, Henry and Lucas in Ch. IX, depending on your choices prior
Fixed some text run-off issues
Fixed some typos
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:36 am

New Release: v0.117!

Hi everyone!

Version 0.117 is available to both weekly and alpha patrons! This is primarily because version 0.116 will be going public NEXT FRIDAY, and I want to make sure all patron builds stay ahead of it.

But beyond that, just the nature of the build's content, the amount of fixes from last week, and the additional testing I'd like to get done before it all goes public just warrants an extra alpha release.

Hope you enjoy!

- Nym

New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.117 - 1-17-2020
Added a new encampment to Mar’Liore in Ch. IX for reinforcements (if you still have Roald - WIP)
You can now deliver messenger birds to various points across the world in Ch. IX (WIP)
Updated the quest journal to catch back up to the current content
Added the option to purchase lumber from Esterholt in Ch. IX (if you didn’t salvage the battleship)
Delilah can be recruited from Witchdale in Ch. IX (if Mercy pursued her previously)
Witchdale has been updated in Ch. IX to reflect the passage of time (post Emerald Flats)
Added a few additional cove expenditures, since Mercy has been behind on crew payments
Fixed an issue where Marlan and Dalkon could get stuck on Bell’s arrival
Fixed an issue where a cutscene in the Oldlight palace repeats when returning
Fixed a portrait-related crash on the overworld
Fixed some passability issues in the cove
Revised some dialogue for better formatting and continuity
IndoorMinotaur

Postby Teezee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi Nym

Just wanted to say Hi, and commend your dedication and perseverance ..
It's been a while since I played DOE back in August iirc, so looking forward to the next public release. I did take a look at the changelog, quite a lot has happened since then !! :)
Anyway, just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and I hope this game will get the recognition it deserves
Teezee

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:11 am

Teezee Wrote:Hi Nym

Just wanted to say Hi, and commend your dedication and perseverance ..
It's been a while since I played DOE back in August iirc, so looking forward to the next public release. I did take a look at the changelog, quite a lot has happened since then !! :)
Anyway, just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and I hope this game will get the recognition it deserves

Thank you so much! We're really appreciate it! The new public build is not available--enjoy!
IndoorMinotaur

Re: [RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [Big Update 01-24-20!]

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:11 am

PUBLIC RELEASE: CH. IX

This new release features hours of new content, new places, new characters, new voice acting, new conflict and, of course, new erotic adventures. And beyond just the new stuff, there are also dozens (or hundreds) of fixes, QoL improvements, revisions, and more.

Chapter IX is the penultimate chapter, as far as I'm able to tell. Everything you do now is leading up to the final moments in Chapter X, so take your time, enjoy, and as always, if you can't wait for the next chapter, join us here on Patreon to get that new content injection every single week: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur
IndoorMinotaur

Re: [RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [Big Update 01-24-20!]

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 pm

New Weekly Release: v0.118!

Try the brand new public build or become a patron to access more content at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.118 - 1-24-2020
Depending on your actions until now and a number of different variables, the amount of reinforcements from Mar’Liore will vary drastically. The results of all that is finally tallied, though not all of it will be revealed immediately.
It is now possible for Bennie (new character), Monday (new character), Lara, Kylie and Kobe Jones to join the reinforcements from Mar’Liore, depending on your actions until now. They will also appear in the cove if recruited.
Added a new cutscene with Marlan and Petrova
Added a new cutscene with all the new arrivals in the cove
If the red moth ejderha was encountered in Grey Clarion, it will appear again at the cove at the end of Ch. IX
Two new rooms were added to the 5th floor of the residential area, where Monday & Bennie reside (if they arrive)
Peacekeeper Leland can now be recruited in Ch. IX
Added more updated dialogue to Witchdale in Ch. IX
Mercy can now give the lumber purchased in Ch. IX to Gorps, who starts working on the new housing
If Roald left before Ch. IX, he will now send a letter advising Mercy to visit Gov. Willard. This quest, or the quest where Roald accompanies you, are now both required for narrative progress
Fixed an issue where Elijah and Franz could appear in two places at once in the cove
Fixed a portrait issue in Shiveworth
Fixed an issue where Ginny’s dialogue with Beatrix would repeat
Fixed an EVAL error in the General/Finder fight that could cause a crash
Fixed an issue where the “confront Van Ritter” dialogue played when Mercy chose to withdraw
Fixed some passability issues
Fixed an issue where the siege “total infiltration score” and the “2-man infiltration team” scores were conflated for a number of different checks, including whether it was required to purchase lumber & whether Gorps had built the new housing
It is no longer required to have met with Mirelinda Kreel in Carvannah in order to do the Flame Temple quest in Ch. IX (WIP - some of the dialogue may still suggest a prior meeting)
After the siege is finished, checking Mercy’s notes on the meeting table will now reveal the “total siege strength” value, as well as a letter grade for the results
Fixed some typos
IndoorMinotaur

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects