Fallout: Sisterhood of Steel (Lorielle)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Fallout: Sisterhood of Steel (Lorielle)

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:49 pm

She shakes your hand, the smallest hint of a smile on her face. Not on her lips, but in her eyes. "Appreciate the help, if the offer is genuine. The scumbag is all I got. His name is Freddy McCarthy. Or so he says. You can talk to him all you like. He was staying in a room at the Spit Bowl. I think all his stuff is still there. I've been wanting to check it out myself, but with the damned Ranger about I don't feel good about leaving Freddy here unguarded." the Sheriff says

You find a second sheriff's badge, with the name L. Parks engraved on it as you look around, resting on an otherwise empty desk to the side of the room. Beside it are two smaller deputy badges. One labelled Deputy H. Parks and Deputy S. McKay. Sheriff Parks winces as you notice this, before looking away in silence. A varmint rifle lies propped up against the wall beside a safe, probably where the ammo is kept. A small wooden crate is stashed behind the Sheriff's desk with a few bottles of whisky inside. Above it a small chalk board reads "Days until Friday" with a few tally marks underneath it, some of which are partially faded
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 pm

When she notices the empty desk and the other badges Victoria is almost tempted to give the Sherrif a hug. “Don’t worry, we’ve all lost people.” She decides to instead give the woman a reassuring tug on the shoulder before walking past her and into the cells. ‘Wonder what was so special about friday’ she wondered to herself.

“You still Alice McCarthy? I’ve got a favor to ask. If you help me I’ll help you? I know most people don’t peddle drugs because they want to. If you give me some info I can see about making sure you don’t lose your neck.”
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Sheriff Parks seems taken back by your gesture, before recomposing herself and turning back to her Protectron. "If you want to help me out, I've told you how. I didn't ask for a counselor." she says gruffly. She looked cute when angry, although it probably wouldn't be wise to tell her that.

"I don't know... am I? I'm dead sooner or later. Texas Rangers don't kiss and makeup." Freddy says sombrely, casting his gaze down to the floorboards by his feet. "And even if you can get me away from her, if I help you I'll just mark myself for another death anyway. The way I see it, staying quiet in this cell is the only way I'm still breathing. I'm sure I'm only stalling the inevitable, but at least that's something."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:59 pm

"Are you sure about that? Come on, you cant want to die that badly. Look theres a place not far from here, looking for some ranch hands. Not even rangers wanna mess the Barons or else their food supply gets cut off. " Victoria unzips her suit a bit maybe if diplomacy wouldnt work. Her feminine wiles might be able to get to him. "Theres also a good amount of pretty girls back at the farm~ Come on, you've gotta want or need something." Hopefully she would be able to get to him some how, but if he wasnt willing to budge she wasnt gonna waste much time on him and go immediately to the Spit Bowl soon after.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Speech Roll:(12+6=18): Success

His eyes flicker up from the floor boards and drink in your form. You seem to have his attention

"You obviously don't know the Texas Rangers that well. They've been pushing against the Barons a lot lately. Especially this one. She already shot down my partner, she won't stop at anything until she sees me dead. Its what they do. Its what they call justice..." after a brief pause he then adds "But the Barons might be able to protect me from... my boss. I don't know how you could manage it... but if you find a way to get rid of the Ranger, then I'll come with you and help you however I can."

"Hmm..." you hear Parks grunt from behind you, having decided to observe your 'interrogation'. "If I knew all I needed to get him to be more cooperative was to just pull a couple of buttons loose I might've had my answers before the Ranger even showed up. Still leaves you with that Ranger to deal with. Don't know if she's as desperate as Freddy, here, though. Well, best of luck to you." she says before returning to the Protectron.

It doesn't seem like you'll get anything else from Freddy until you've spoken to the Texas Ranger. Of course, if you're heading to the Spit Bowl anyway you can just bypass dealing with Freddy and go straight to his room, see if you can find anything to point you in the right direction.

The Spit Bowl wasn't far from the Sheriff's office. With Mayer having pointed the way when you arrive you soon get there. It stinks of booze and piss which both seem to have stained the floorboards as you walk into the building. A dartboard hangs lopsided on the side wall while various wasters and locals gather around to drink. A gruff, bearded bartender eyes you up as you enter - you can't tell if he's checking you out or seeing how armed you are - before going back to cleaning a mug. The radio plays in here as well, having gone on to another song.

And then you catch Mayer, sitting across from another woman in a wide brimmed hat. They seem to be playing cards... notably all the tables surrounding them are vacant, the locals choosing to keep away from the two of them. Its possible Mayer's already done something to piss them off, but its far more likely that she's playing cards with the Texas Ranger.

"So, you just show up in town, shoot the badguys and then go? No questions asked, no one yelling at you for 'improper conduct.'" Mayer asks, sounding in awe.

"Shooting the 'badguys' is the proper conduct. Get 'em before they get us, or anyone else for that matter. I raise."

"Check. But, like, what if you get the wrong guy?"

"I never do. Raise."

"Ooh, cool... Oh, hey Ma'am, over here! Look who I found." Mayer says, calling you over.

Reference Images
Texas Ranger:
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 pm

"Its okay Sheriff i only do that for the really tough cookies to crack." She giggles a little before moving past the woman, leaving her to attempt her repairs as she moves to the Spit Bowl hoping to find her pilot in not too much trouble. Entering inside though it seems that trouble has already found Mayer. Victoria lets out a sigh but this was probably the best case scenario, Mayer probably broke the ice well enough and the ranger didnt seem... bad enough. Was sort of expecting an armored baddass but this woman seemed to really show her stuff, though the .44 that hung off her belt would make anyone think twice.

"Hey Mayer, you actually found the person i was looking for too. Look head to the sheriff's office theres a protectron that needs a fix, the sheriff has some info we need and she just needs her deputy fixed and we can get that info." She then proceeds to the bar. "Whats your poison ranger its on me this time." She turns away from the bartender as she tells them the orders. Once they were done she grabs them and she seats herself across from the woman. "Mind if i intrude on the game you were playing with my Knight? Im always down for a couple games of hold'em, especially after my time on the Strip."
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 pm

"Protectron? I'm better with engines than circuits, sounds more like Cotton's sort of thing, but I'm happy to give it a shot. If the damage is straightforward enough I should be able to get the job done... but..." she looks back at the game, and the pile of caps that seems to have shifted over to the Ranger's side of the table.

"You wouldn't have won it back anyway. Take what you still have and consider yourself lucky, freckles." the Ranger says, gathering up her winnings.

"Hey now, I'd have you know I'm the best damn card player in the Brotherhood."

The Ranger snorts, but smirks a little. "I believe that. Ain't saying much though. See you around, freckles."

Once Mayer takes her leave and you offer to buy the Ranger a drink, she glances in your direction for the first time since you arrived. "Bourbon. Same start your friend made on me as well. Good thing you got here before she started trying to out drink me. You'd have to carry her back to Fort Worth."

"You're from the Mojave?" the Ranger says as she gathers up the cards on the table. "Then you should know Caravan. Got fond memories playing that game on the road." She pockets the playing cards she was using with Mayer and pulls out another deck. Shuffling and splitting it in half, she hands you one pile. "You win and I let you keep those cards. Never know when having a deck that's good for Caravan will be useful. I win and you keep paying for my drinks for the evening. Or leave me alone. I'll take either."

Playing Caravan

Caravan is played with a mix of luck, strategy and preparation. You will roll a d20, add your Luck bonus (in your case 0), your Intelligence bonus (in your case +2), and any bonus gained from preparing your Caravan deck. As this is your first time with this deck and it is using cards provided by the Ranger (albeit randomly selected so even she doesn't know for sure what you have) you have no preparation bonus. If you get more cards and spend time working on a strategy in your downtime you can increase your preparation bonus for your next Caravan game.

For the first round I will manage both rolls.

You: 8+2=10
Ranger: 9+3=12

Needing to get used to your cards and recondition to the game, you find yourself losing the first round. You don't know how smart the Ranger is playing, but she's certainly lucky.

"Hard luck, Snow White. Lets make it first to three. I'm the sporting sort." she says and the game goes again. "I'm sure you didn't come over here just to play. You want to chat while we play, shoot. Can't promise I'll chat back to everything you say, though.

For the second round you roll for yourself. You must beat the Ranger's score of 17. For the third round, roll as well. I will roll for the Ranger's score that round on my next post.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 pm

"Ooph Caravan, not my favorite game but im willing to bet i know it better than a Texas gal." Victoria smiles as she's handed her deck. The first round is rough though and its woefully obvious she's out of practice. "Well Snow white huh? Guess nicknames are fine. Look Ranger the real reason im here is because i need your help. I talked with the Sheriff i know your predicament." Victoria deals out her hand.

Caravan roll: 12 Fail

Victoria winces as she looks at her hand. This was rough, but she needed to pull herself together, if she could draw out the game she could get more info from the lovely looking blonde. When the knight downs her shot of bourbon though she feels... like its a bit.. stronger than normal She giggles as she gets ready for the next hand.

3rd Caravan hand: 16

She felt a lot more confident about this hand but still the way she was playing she was outclassing her, she'd have to hope that the ranger gets a much worse set up. "Im Victoria by the way, and yourself?"
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 pm

The Ranger smirks a little, seeming to soften up after a couple of drinks. "I was born in Nevada, Snow. Started trekking across the Mojave the day I could walk." Her face went stern once more when you mentioned her predicament. "I figured you were here for something like that. But don't pretend to 'know' a problem you only just found out about. I'd shoot that bastard even if I weren't a Ranger."

She waves over to the bartender after winning the second round, asking him to bring over the bottle of Bourbon as she pours both you and her another shot each. "She'll be paying for this shortly, just you wait, hun." she says cockily before taking her shot. Her cheeks are flushed at this point, this was strong stuff to be sure.

Ranger's Result: 12

It seems her drink was getting the better of her judgement, or her luck was starting to run out. "Ah, feck's sake. Right, guess there'll be a fourth round after all. You might just be worth playing against, Snow."

She glanced up at you as you prepared for the next round and clicked her tongue. "Nah, Snow White suits you better. Victoria doesn't sound like the kind of gal to drink bourbon. I'm Annie. Annie O'Donnell. But most just call me 'Sundown'. Bottoms up, Snow. Ain't fair you play this less drunk than I am."

Beat a roll of 7 to win the next round. If you take another drink, intelligence modifiers are no longer added to the result.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 pm

'Was that bottle already opened?' Victoria thinks to herself as Sundown pours each of them a glass. "Well you're on Sundown. Even if he's a pusher.. we need to hit the source not the faucet if you wanna step a leak." She says as she downs another shot of bourbon. Her head was spinning a bit more, but it wasnt that bad.. at least not yet anyway. "Phew... this is.. some strong stuff hehe.." Victoria looks at her hand.

Caravan roll: 11

"You're not starting... to slip on me are ya? Sunny? Looks like we're all tied up~ Tell ya what if i win, you help me find the supplier.. and.. mmm" Victoria pulls her suit down a bit more. "Unless you wanted to.. Up the ante?"
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:41 pm

"Jet, Buffout... the rest... they're all old news... easy as pie to find a dealer for those in the wasteland." Sundown says, starting to slur as she spoke. "Its that new shit that's been popping up... Euphoria... and its dangerous as a deathclaw cousin, Mind-Fuck, that we've got to watch out for. 'Sides, supplier didn't kill anyone I know. Freddy did. Simple as. Hey, you getting ~tipshy~ there, Shnow? They musht not let you Brotherhood people drink very often. Me, I can hold my liquor like a Behemoth... like a Behemoth on Menta- aw crap you won that round."

Preparing for the next round a little more slowly, she gives you a careful look over as you talk. She isn't entirely checking out your body, although that may be part of it. "I don't know, sheems a bit imbalanced, staking sticking my neck out against a roll in the hay. Snow, you'd probably tumble in the hay with me anyway. You got that look about you. As did Freckles. Must be really... uh... repressed, up in Fort Whatsit." She thinks for a few moments more before adding. "Make me a fairer offer and I'll consider your adjustment to the -hic- wager."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:32 pm

"Loooksh... I know.. you wanna kill that.. mm idiot, but he's more uushful alive, what if.. you.. join up with my crew.. for a bit.. temporary partnership. If i win. We're gonna hit the.. uumm arsenal and you can get your hands on some great tech for all your rangering needs!" She says as she goes to pour both of them another round of shots. Taking her own shot glass she lifts it up to see if she can get the tipsy ranger to at least agree to something. Though she can start to feel the predatory looks from the rest of the bar start to home in on the two quickly intoxicating women.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Giving a look around the bar as you feel people staring at you, you can't help but shake the feeling that something was off. It wasn't entirely the same crowd as when you entered. Most of these people look like they had been around a couple of times, and even had a few weapons. Meanwhile, almost all the civvies that were just having their evening drinks were starting to head out. You notice the last of them leave, seemingly to also notice a strange tension in the room as he left in a slight hurry, the doors being shut behind him.

Perception Roll: (4): Failure

Must be some wanderers also stopping for the day. Not that unusual at all now that you think about it. After all, of course they'll look tough and be armed if they're walking the wasteland from town to town. Besides, people looking at you has been something you've quite enjoyed in recent days.

"What fuckin' arshenal?" Sundown slurs out, taking the next shot before pouring another drink for you both. "If there's a weapon stash around here that shome shmuck hasn't hit yet, that'll be fucking shuprising." Still, she seems to be taking your suggestion in contemplation.

Speech Roll: (14+6=20): Success

"OK, fine! But I get first -hic- dibs, mmkay?" she says. "Sounds more like an arrangement than a wager though, so for the game if I win, you pay for the bourbon. If you win, you keep those cards. Like we decided at the start. Now zip that suit of yours down a little more and lets play for keeps..."

Final Caravan Round Roll from Sundown: 21. Not possible for you to beat her given you're current lack of modifiers.

Scoring the victory, Sundown cheers. "Pay up, Snow White... though you know what... keep the cards anyway. Maybe you'll get good enough to beat me, one day."

At which point a couple of men saunter over to the two of you, catching your attention with a whistle. "Well aren't you two a pair of fine lasses. Sorry, we haven't been able to keep our eyes off you all afternoon. Don't suppose you'd be up for playing a game or two with me and my friend here?" They seem like their with that group of wanderers. Clad in leather armor under their dusty brown and grey coats, they certainly seem like seasoned wasteland folk. One of their friends hands over a pile of caps to the bartender. You vaguely remember him getting a few more payments like that earlier in the day but don't remember seeing what drink that guy ordered. This time you see the bartender nod and leave the room. Perhaps he's going to get something from the back, although it sounded like he locked the door after him.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Victoria was more than happy to get the ranger to agree to the partnership at which point she didnt really care to win the game. Paying for a bottle of bourbon was simple enough. The room getting a bit more.. sparse did seem a little weird but she didnt care, if it was just wasteland toughs it was nothing a Knight and a Ranger couldnt handle right? While she was thinking that though she obeys and brings the zipper all the way down to her belly button just for the cute blonde sitting across from her.

"Ye yeh let just.. get my.. caps out.. Oh hey fellas.. I mean.. if Sunny here.. doesnt mind i wouldnt mind a few games?" She goes to shuffle the deck but knocks over the pile of cards instead. "O-oh hehe sorry, a bit of a.. clutz.." She gets on all fours to pick up the cards though she makes sure to shake her butt a bit for her new admirers
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Despite how drunk she'd been acting recently, Sundown still looks over the new arrivals with a hint of scrutiny. "You fellas don't seem like local boys... what sort of business brings you to a place like Arlington?" she asks, but before she gets an answer she's distracted by... well... you. "Oh, well, well, well... Snow... Shaking your ass for the guys?" She tilts her head to the side to get a better view. "Do they have information you need as well, or is that just your way of saying hello?"

Having been called out on your obvious ploy at showing off, it seems the men don't feel the need to play coy anymore either as you feel a swift smack to your rear. "Alright, 'clutz'. When you're ready sit back down again, how about you plant that cute butt of yours on my lap."

"What about you, Ranger? Ready to saddle up?" his friend asks Sundown, who takes another shot as she muses over his offer.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:17 pm

"Huh? dunno what you're talking about?" She tries to play a bit coy though she probably didnt really even notice she was shaking her hips at the men. "I dont.. mmm think i need anything from you boys." Despite that she does sit down on the lap of the waster who offered. "Ohh comfy~ Come on Sunny loosen up a bit, you look like you can use it. How bout a game of strip poker?" She throws that out despite that she only has 3 pieces to lose.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 pm

The waster grabs your shot glass and brings it to your lips, helpfully giving you another drink. With your coaxing, Sundown soon has her own ass planted on a stranger's lap, the man's rough hands hefting her breasts through her clothes. "Sure... that might as well..." one of the men says as they both chuckle into your ears, the other patrons in the bar starting to gather around your table with increasing interest.

Sundown gets back out her proper card deck and deals it out. With the way you four are positioned, the men you're sitting on can see quite clearly what you and Sundown are holding, however they can keep their hands to the side to stop you from peaking. You doubt there's any way you're beating them, but you almost don't want to. This is more a matter of seeing whether or not you or Sundown winds up naked first.

Make Poker rolls the same way you made Caravan rolls. Still without the int mod given how drunk you are. Sundown's result to beat is 15

"Hey Ma'am," you hear Mayer's voice come through on the radio. "Was on my way back to the bar with the Sheriff... place is shut for some reason. Where are you?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Victoria merely giggles as she downs another shot, these were now starting to really get to her as she was having trouble even seeing her cards. "Hey~ Hot stuff, think this is a good hand?" She asks the man she was sitting on to make the decision for her, after all this was for them~ Though her radio suddenly blares and she can here Mayer on the other end. "Oh *hic* Mayer~ Im just getting to know some of the locals~ Why dont you join us."

Go ahead and make the roll, or if you want you can have her just lose the hand because the man wants her to lose it

Victoria motions to one of the men without a lady on his lap. "Hey boys~ A friend of mine wants to join~ If you unlock the door you can get a third lady in on this.. though she wont be too drunk~ but im sure that wasnt gonna be a problem~"
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm

"You drunk, Ma'am? Thought we were gonna do that together. I'll join you, can you get someone to open up, I think the barkeep must've locked the doors by mistake."

You roll a 16 and win the round.

Actually managing to win seems to surprise everyone at the table, although as everyone gets ready to ogle the Ranger's body, she proves she still has it in her to be a tease, and slowly... sensually... removes her hat and sets it on the table. The group of gruff wanderers all groan in disappointment as Sundown giggles at their expense.

"A friend? Yeah... sure... I think we can arrange that..." he says, before turning to one of the others. "We got any Euphoria left? A straight dose. Get a few, just in case, but one jab of the undiluted stuff should do the trick if we don't want to be subtle about it."

Neither you or the Ranger have are anywhere near focused enough to really pick up on what they're talking about.

Next round 6 to Sundown, 5 to you. Sundown wins

Another drink down, you both play even more sloppily than before. At this point, the men are practically playing for you, their own hands set down on the table as they give up the pretence of playing themselves. When Sundown wins, the man on your lap grips your breasts tightly through your scout suit. "Seems you're about bursting to get out of this thing anyway, want some room to let your skin breath a little?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Victoria roars with the men as she manages to win the first round, but also shares in their disappointment in seeing the ranger sensually taking off your hat. "Oh so you are a funny gal~" She giggles at Sundowner as she gets read to play the next hand. Seeing that Sunny has won the hand all Victoria could do was moan. "Ohh you know it~" The knight goes to slide the suit off her shoulders, leaving it just tight enough around her waist to at least act like pants. This time she was wearing a bra though, a sexy lace red one to be exact.

Once Mayer enters the bar though Victoria waves for her to come over, effectively distracting her from whatever the boys had planned, though it wasnt her intention to. "Heya 'Freckles' The boys and our new friend wanted to uhh *hic* play some strip poker~ Join us~"
Lorielle

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games