Malicia! Season's Breeding

Re: Malicia! Season's Breeding

Postby Hugh mann » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 pm

Y'know, it actually makes no sense at all that Mal doesn't want to do the breeding herself, when you think about it...

The current champion is Irania's (presumably strongest) daughter, so Mal would get way more glory/respect if her own kid defeats Ira's.

There is also a slight plothole when she says she 'won't let some shitty mortal realm monster stick a kid in her'...This line implies that the demons in the mortal realm are weaker than those in the nether... yet they will somehow be able to use them to breed a demon stronger than the daughter of one of the most powerful demons in the nether...
Soooo why haven't any of the other demons thought of doing this? Y'know, the ones with servants to do the breeding...? Servants that are apparently more powerful than mortal realm demons...

In fact, if hybrid demons are stronger, why the fuck would any of the demon clans *not* be hybrids? You're telling me getting stronger soldiers is as easy as capturing some demons from a rival clan, and using them to breed hybrids, and this isn't common practice? fucking what?

Sigh...

Anyway, hopefully these plotholes get fixed in a few years when Gore decides to come back to this. :lol:
Hugh mann

Postby Hallucination » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 am

Hugh mann Wrote:Y'know, it actually makes no sense at all that Mal doesn't want to do the breeding herself, when you think about it...

The current champion is Irania's (presumably strongest) daughter, so Mal would get way more glory/respect if her own kid defeats Ira's.

There is also a slight plothole when she says she 'won't let some shitty mortal realm monster stick a kid in her'...This line implies that the demons in the mortal realm are weaker than those in the nether... yet they will somehow be able to use them to breed a demon stronger than the daughter of one of the most powerful demons in the nether...
Soooo why haven't any of the other demons thought of doing this? Y'know, the ones with servants to do the breeding...? Servants that are apparently more powerful than mortal realm demons...

In fact, if hybrid demons are stronger, why the fuck would any of the demon clans *not* be hybrids? You're telling me getting stronger soldiers is as easy as capturing some demons from a rival clan, and using them to breed hybrids, and this isn't common practice? fucking what?

Sigh...

Anyway, hopefully these plotholes get fixed in a few years when Gore decides to come back to this. :lol:

There might be a purity cultural pressure there, even if they're more powerful they're seen as lesser or tainted by the mortal realm. Somewhat like how we think of the Minotaur, lady fucked an animal and gave birth to a crazed monster.
Hallucination

Postby Hugh mann » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 am

Hallucination Wrote:There might be a purity cultural pressure there, even if they're more powerful they're seen as lesser or tainted by the mortal realm. Somewhat like how we think of the Minotaur, lady fucked an animal and gave birth to a crazed monster.

I'm pretty sure mortal realm demons are supposed to be weak, Illusa says "even after transforming she will still be weak" referring to the first hybrid they are going to make.

Also, I may have exaggerated a little when I said Mal's reluctance to do the breeding made no sense at all, I think it's supposed to be a reference to Beezy not wanting to serve as the hive's brood mother.
She seems to be wearing hive attire, and also seems to be motivated by jealousy, so I think its safe to assume she is related to Beezy.

So it does *kinda* make sense, but it still seems ridiculous that she wouldn't even consider it...
Unless I'm just reading way too much in to this and she actually just wants some yet to be mentioned prize for winning the tournament.
Hugh mann

Postby Bunnyav » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:21 am

I honestly hope these discussions give Gore some inspiration. Funny how much character and lore that gets in there.
Bunnyav

Postby Hallucination » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 am

Hugh mann Wrote:
Hallucination Wrote:There might be a purity cultural pressure there, even if they're more powerful they're seen as lesser or tainted by the mortal realm. Somewhat like how we think of the Minotaur, lady fucked an animal and gave birth to a crazed monster.

I'm pretty sure mortal realm demons are supposed to be weak, Illusa says "even after transforming she will still be weak" referring to the first hybrid they are going to make.

Also, I may have exaggerated a little when I said Mal's reluctance to do the breeding made no sense at all, I think it's supposed to be a reference to Beezy not wanting to serve as the hive's brood mother.
She seems to be wearing hive attire, and also seems to be motivated by jealousy, so I think its safe to assume she is related to Beezy.

So it does *kinda* make sense, but it still seems ridiculous that she wouldn't even consider it...
Unless I'm just reading way too much in to this and she actually just wants some yet to be mentioned prize for winning the tournament.

Again, it could be cultural. Sex with mortal demons could be seen as a debasement or defilement, hence why she wouldn't want her noble lineage "corrupted" by inferior blood.
Hallucination

Postby Hugh mann » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:14 am

Hallucination Wrote:Again, it could be cultural. Sex with mortal demons could be seen as a debasement or defilement, hence why she wouldn't want her noble lineage "corrupted" by inferior blood.

I assume by "sex" you mean "mating" cuz she seems fine with fucking them lol.
But yeah, you could be right.
That still leaves us with the problem of demons in the netherealm not breeding their servants to create more powerful ones, despite no logical reason not to.

Bunnyav Wrote:I honestly hope these discussions give Gore some inspiration. Funny how much character and lore that gets in there.

*Mischievous grin* That would be a happy coincidence, wouldn't it?
Hugh mann

Postby Hallucination » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 am

Hugh mann Wrote:
Hallucination Wrote:Again, it could be cultural. Sex with mortal demons could be seen as a debasement or defilement, hence why she wouldn't want her noble lineage "corrupted" by inferior blood.

I assume by "sex" you mean "mating" cuz she seems fine with fucking them lol.
But yeah, you could be right.
That still leaves us with the problem of demons in the netherealm not breeding their servants to create more powerful ones, despite no logical reason not to.

Bunnyav Wrote:I honestly hope these discussions give Gore some inspiration. Funny how much character and lore that gets in there.

*Mischievous grin* That would be a happy coincidence, wouldn't it?

Even if the current champion is a hybrid, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a mortal hybrid. Illusa says there are monsters in the nether before realizing they'd be going to the mortal realm. Besides, we don't know if the hybrids in that universe are a perfect system or if they work more like mules. It could be that if two different species breed they don't actually pop out a hybrid every time, or if the hybrid will even be viable anyway. Maybe Ira's the only one to get different species to boink until something worked, and the other clans didn't want to put the time and effort into a bunch of possible dead ends.
Hallucination

Postby Hugh mann » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:12 am

Hallucination Wrote:Even if the current champion is a hybrid, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a mortal hybrid. Illusa says there are monsters in the nether before realizing they'd be going to the mortal realm.

There seems to have been a miscommunication here. I meant the demons in the nether could breed their servants with eachother, no mortals, or mortal realm demons involved.

Hallucination Wrote:Besides, we don't know if the hybrids in that universe are a perfect system or if they work more like mules. It could be that if two different species breed they don't actually pop out a hybrid every time, or if the hybrid will even be viable anyway. Maybe Ira's the only one to get different species to boink until something worked, and the other clans didn't want to put the time and effort into a bunch of possible dead ends.

Mal says hybrids are 'naturally stronger' and Illusa says 'demons are universal donors'

I just realized something though, Beezy was at one point serving as the brood mother. So theoretically, her children should also be hybrids, because she is presumably her own species, due to how she was born/created. And they don't seem more powerful.

So maybe the minotaur Irania fucked was/is actually a minotaur in the mythological sense of being half human? I assumed Gore just called it that and it was supposed to just be a bull-like demon. but if it, and by extension, the bovos, are part human, that would go a long way in filling this hole, (heh) because that would mean a "hybrid" refers to a mix of human and demon, not a mix of two different types of demon.
(I don't actually believe this is accurate, because Mal says 'we *can* use the mortals' 'Can' is a funny word if they are required. But lets pretend)

Buuuut Illusa does indicate that Mal could do the same thing Ira did, so if the above theory is correct, there are other demons in the netherealm that are part human.

So we are now left with a similar problem; Why is Irania the only one with an army of hybrids if its an option for anyone with the resources to capture one of said creatures?

Honestly, I think the best solution would be to cut the line where Mal says 'besides, we would need generations of breeding' (IMO this line should be cut anyway because Mal is not supposed to understand breeding) and replace it with something like 'besides, no one has seen a wild hybrid in centuries' (Centuries may not work, unsure of timeline)
This would make it more believable that hybrid armies are not common place, clarify what a hybrid actually is, and provide a logical reason for them going to the mortal realm.
Hugh mann

Postby Kau008 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:58 am

Hey guys ! I was wondering if market and temple is in use, because whenever i click on 'em they dont respond. Could u help.
Kau008
Newly Registered

Postby TerminusX12345 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 pm

They do not yet do anything in the most recent build.
TerminusX12345
Newly Registered

Postby Bunnyav » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:10 am

Indeed, we just gotta pray GoRepeat comes back to this project someday.
Bunnyav

Postby Danzema » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:22 pm

So the 2 demons talk about being cstedul while being out getting knocked up while getting monsters. When do you think we'll see that? Also loving the game so far. Beating a lot of the other breeding games so far.
Danzema
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

BSvG_N.swf [ 443.03 KiB | Viewed 2335 times ]

Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing how these tie in to any given project, or indeed this one since they're posted in this thread : o

Also, as to the middle one

Just like all those years ago with the Mistress' sword, I remain very concerned, but about splinters in this case!
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing how these tie in to any given project, or indeed this one since they're posted in this thread : o

Also, as to the middle one

Just like all those years ago with the Mistress' sword, I remain very concerned, but about splinters in this case!

No worries, the townsfolk are known for their extremely well-polished wood
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 am

Excited for the update, whenever we may see it!
EyeOfCthulhu

Postby Hugh mann » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am

Okay, so here is that idea I mentioned to troll the scrubs on Newgrounds. Obviously this isn't a serious suggestion, but I'd be lying if I said I don't hope you'll actually do it.

Here is how I envision this playing out... One of the NPCs in town will mention something about an "Abandoned Mine" somewhere out in the woods, and tell the local legend about how all the miners were killed by some monster that now makes it's home in the mine.

After this, there will be a chance to find this location while exploring the woods.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. The legendary demon that lives in the mine is an optional boss... An optional boss that is ridiculously more powerful than anything else in the game. Basically a raid boss.

Now obviously the comments are going to be full of people complaining about the difficulty spike, (Which will be unwarranted because the boss is optional) and asking for advice on how to beat it. The usual...

But here is the fun part... Y'know how mines (at least in fantasy games) have names?
Well, upon defeating the boss a cutscene plays wherein they recruit the demon, (or not, anything can happen at this point, we just need an excuse for a cutscene at the mine) and in the background of this scene is a sign... A sign with the name of the mine on it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"New Grounds Salt Mine"

Just think about the cosmic scale to which these hypothetical complainers are trolled at this point...

Not only have they played right into the joke, but if they are mad about it (And you know they would be) they are just playing into it further, and if they get mad that getting mad about getting trolled is only trolling them further, this again trolls them further...

This just keeps going infinitely. In fact, I don't see how it would be physically possible to troll someone any harder than this.

...Anyway, I would find this hilarious... but I admit I have an odd sense of humor.
Oh that reminds me. Gore, I believe you will find this amusing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUB-3lud60
I know that's not exactly 'on topic', but this is basically a shitpost already so...
Hugh mann

Postby KiruTK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 am

Is the file linked on the first page the most recent version of this game?
KiruTK
Newly Registered

Postby Hugh mann » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:39 am

KiruTK Wrote:Is the file linked on the first page the most recent version of this game?

Yes.

It's been awhile since the last update... Gore did post some animations on pages 12 and 15 though.
Hugh mann

Postby KiruTK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am

Fair enough. Thank you.

I tried to find a patreon page, but had no luck.
KiruTK
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop