Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.49.1, 2/8/2022)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.15.1, 8/4/2019)

Postby Briheas » Sat May 04, 2019 8:49 pm

It seems I forgot to post my thoughts on the side effects. Oops.

My original thought of how side effects worked were wrong - I had thought that the side effects were randomly generated per dose rather than being attached to the serum itself. But since they're rolled on when the serum is created... what is preventing me from continually recreating the same serum over and over until RNG decides to give me a serum free of side effects? In this case, it's the opposite of what I said previously - if the side effect chance isn't 100%, it might as well be 0%, because I can keep trying over and over until I get a serum with no side effects. A side effect chance of 50% doesn't mean my serum has a 50% chance of having a side effect. It means I have to (on average) create the serum twice before I get a serum without side effects.

Ultimately, side effects just seem to be there to lengthen the R&D process. Which isn't a bad thing, since R&D did run out of things to do before. But it seems to be an overly complicated mechanic that can be pretty much nullified with the right strategy and time.
Briheas

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.15.1, 8/4/2019)

Postby vrengames » Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.16.1 is finished! Grab it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-16-26698890

Lab Rats 2 v0.16.1 is finished and ready for it's public release! This update cycle had two major components: first, character titles were introduced and integrated with all of the existing dialogue and narration for the game. Second, rendering support and a collection of initial designs were added for clothing patterns. On top of that there has been a major optimization made for the start up time of the game, new clothing items and a hair style have been added, and a bunch of bugs have been tracked down and squashed.

Character titles have replaced all of the direct uses of a characters name in Lab Rats 2. A character title can be thought of as the name you know that person by, or the name you are choosing to call them. For most characters this is the same as their first name, but others may prefer a more formal title such as "Mrs.Girl". As you corrupt a girl there will be more titles she thinks are acceptable for her. Girls also each have a title they use for the main character in a similar way. Your mother might call you "Sweetheart" or "Son", while your employees may call you "Sir", or "Boss". Finally, there are used in narration when talking about a girl in relation to you; "your employee" or "your friend". Character titles are now formatted throughout the game to use the same colour and font as that character's dialogue. While looking through menus or reading through narration it is much easier to remember what character is being talked about. Character interaction menus have been updated at the same time, showing previews of people when you hover over their names.

Rendering support for patterns as well as an initial collection of designs usable by clothing items have been added to the game. A pattern is a section of an existing piece of clothing that can be drawn as a different colour. Patterns make use of a mask to recolour clothing, which makes them faster to generate image sets for, faster to display on screen, and a smaller file size when added to the game. Going forward more clothing items will receive pattern variants as a way of increasing the variety in the game without significantly increasing file size. This new functionality called for a redesign of the outfit designer, which has been significantly improved. When selecting a pattern you can now alternate between changing the primary or secondary colour. A colour swatch has also been added to let you store and load colours by right or left clicking on the spaces available. These colours are saved and persistent between games, so you can now match colours for different pieces of clothing or create themed uniforms.

Lastly, the release of the v0.16 update will mark the start of phase 2 of Lab Rats 2 development. Previous updates have been focused on the internal mechanical support for a number of different game mechanics: dynamic outfits, character personalities, goals, etc. Future updates will now focus on introducing new, unique characters and producing a detailed storyline to make use of all of these mechanics and tie the game together. Rendering improvements will also be taking top priority. Facial styles and emotions in particular are going to be reworked completely to achieve better results. New body types/models will also be worked on to widen the variety of base bodies in the game. Lab Rats 2 characters may have a different style than they did in Lab Rats 1, but I want to achieve the same level of quality with them.

And before I forget, the changelog (v0.15.1 to v0.16.1):
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Initial game startup speed has been massively improved. Startup times reduced to between 5 and 10 seconds.
- Added concept of character titles. Each character has a title for themselves and a title for you.
- Character titles are used inside of dialogue in places where their names would previously have been used.
- MC titles are used inside of dialogue in places where the main character's title would previously have been used.
- Added character possessive titles. Possesive titles are used in narration when describing a character's relationship to you.
- Added initial list of titles for each of the three types.
- Each personality can now add their own titles to the general master list a character picks from.
- Character titles and possessive titles now recieve the same formatting the character's dialogue does during narration.
- Character titles and possessive titles now recieve the same formatting when used inside of menus.
- Added ability to talk to a character and change their titles directly. Requires a minimum of 120 obedience.
- Characters now have a random chance to want to reassess their titles when you talk to them.
- Low obedience characters will demand you use a new title or be unhappy. Moderate obedience give you a choice between two they like, but will keep their old title if you wish. High obedience characters give you complete control and are happy no matter what you pick.
- Added "Business Vest" clothing item.
- Added "Strapless Bra" clothing item.
- Added "Bobbed Hair" hairstyle.
- Added rendering support for "patterns". A pattern is a section of an existing clothing item that can be coloured a secondary colour.
- Six initial patterns added for testing:
- Bra now has "lacy" patern, colours lace separately from entire bra.
- Sports bra has been rerendered to remove clipping and now has "two toned" pattern, which recolours the strapping.
- Sweater dress now has two toned pattern and a star pattern,
- Tshirt now has a striped pattern.
- The tied sweater now has a two toned pattern.
- Added .xml export and import support for patterns. (Add outfit exports to the wardrobe.xml file to add them into your game permanently)
- Outfit creator redesigned.
- Outfit creator now supports patterns. When a pattern is selected you can also select if you are modifying the primary or secondary colour.
- Outfit creator now has a colour swatch. Right click on a colour square to save your currently selected colour. Left click to load the colour loaded in that square. The colour swatch is persistant between games.
- Redid graphics for outfit designer tutorial to match new outfit creator design.
- End of day report now refers to characters by their title.
- Unmet characters no longer report potentially raised sluttiness in the end of day report.
- "Talk to someone" menu and similarly styled menus now provide a preview of the person when the button is hovered.
- Added several more character titles, possessive titles, and MC titles.
- Broken AC crisis now lists requirement for uniform policy to order people to strip down in the heat.
- Serum designer now separates out serum production traits to make it clear that they are required and different.
- Rerendered long sweater dress and Belted skirt to be monotone by default.
- Added new two tone pattern for long tshirt.
- Added new two tone pattern for camisole.
- Added new two tone pattern for belted skirt.
- Added new two tone pattern for sneakers.
- Added new two tone pattern for garterbelt and fishnets.
- Adjusted several whiteness and contrast values for clothing pieces to equalize brightness.
- Added new deepthroat description branch.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed several spelling mistakes throughout the game.
- Libido inhibitor side effect no longer adds far more sluttiness than it should.
- Fixed hair colours of some characters being incorrect when new characters were generated.
- Fixed some serum trait combinations resulting in a final production cost of 0 (And crashing things later)
- Fixed serum designs being allowed to progress when they lacked any production trait.
- Fixed performance reviews being possible for completely new employees.
- Lily's morning encounter no longer leaves up her detailed UI when the encounter is over.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.16.1, 8/5/2019)

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Wed May 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Couple things that I noticed.

- Character titles don't change correctly in events or rather stay unchanged if you intendet to change them
- Characters will alter outfits assigned to them. When they undress, the outfit is overwritten with the now missing part... and bodily fluits on top. I don't think that's intended
- Random events occur far to rear. I get an office event once about every 3 or 4 weeks
- You can scedule an infinite amount of dates on a single friday... with the same girl
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby MaxTheDark » Thu May 16, 2019 8:36 am

The game seems to load up faster

Asking if we want to lose unsaved progress while loading the game just after starting it is still slightly redundant.

My company got foreclosed 3 days after being in the minus. I get you need some sort of reason to stay above the line, but suddenly getting 'your story ends here' after 3 days is a little... rushed?

The way people are referred to as 'Your mom' or 'Your friend' are okay, but they should use the same font as the sentence itself to blend in better. Also, when having sex with a girl, having her referred to as 'Your Friend' or whatever feels unnatural, maybe just 'She'?

Ability to sneakily add serum to girls' drinks and food is cool, but maybe run a check if we have any serum worthy of adding in inventory, before offering us the choice? It's really annoying, like the game tries to desperately push for a mechanic to be used, regardless of whether it's possible.

The feed at bottom right covers feet, can it have a Hide button by any chance?

Cum looks rather watery

Still that annoying Kubrick stare from almost all the girls. I don't think I can ask you to re-model all the characters, but if there was one thing I'd like to see fixed it would be this.

To be honest, the biggest problem is, the game almost doesn't have anything to reward you with, sex-wise. Once you've seen an animation with one girl, you've seen them all. And this is the problem I think - the way the game is made I can imagine it hard if not impossible to add new positions, and the old ones are bland as hell. Compare with Glassix, which has fully modelled scenes.
Also, I'm pretty sure that's not what pilediver looks like.
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby Lex_Liven » Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am

Does Vrenn read any messages here?

Daily Statistics misses one improtant number: Daily raw supplies cost.
For balance: Income$ = Sales$ - Salary$ - Raw$

Almost all text fields require scrollbars.

City map doesn't need «Return» button. One click to travel would be much more nice.

Partially rollback is frustrating. It would be better to disable it at all.

Mom, sis and Steph are special characters. They deserve special appearance. At least unique faces.
Faces from previous game would be great.

What for «Examine room» option is there? It does nothing. It says «from here you can go...» but I have a map, and there is no limits to go anywhere in no time.

It would be cool to see employee's «photo» in staff review and hiring interface. Only face for «official» appearance. Full photo in hiring would be a business policy.

Will «do something» button do anything in any non business location?

Standar renpy's buttons «back/history/prefs» want their own place in interface.

All girls need a possibility to improve their main stats. I love Stephanie but she turns to ineffective worker after first recruitment skill policy.

I can buy 4th production line but there is only 3 places in the interface. 4th line is out of FullHD screen bounds by a half.

History has oversized font.
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Postby vrengames » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:15 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.17.0 is finished and ready for it's week of bug testing! Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-17-27294654

Version 0.17 is the first update of phase two of development for Lab Rats 2. Phase two is focused on introducing new unique characters, writing story arcs for these characters, and in generating content for existing systems within the game. This update introduces two characters into the game world: Rebecca, your aunt, and Gabrielle, your cousin. When your aunt falls on hard times she turns to you and your family to take her in and give her a chance to get back on her feet. Your loner cousin, dragged along through this ordeal, is less than happy about the arrangement and perfectly willing to make that clear. Both characters have storyline events, locations, and action that can present interesting and effective ways to corrupt them.

Continuing with the theme of producing more content for existing systems, a bunch of clothing items have received new colouring patterns, allowing for more business uniform or character wardrobe customisation. Rendering for a few brand new pieces of clothing has also been done. In total seven new patterns have been added, two clothing items have been re-rendered, a new hair style has been added, and a new piece of underwear has ben added. More rendering is planned for the coming days before the public release of v0.17.

Lastly, there have been a handful of changes and improvements that don't fall into any broad category. Tooltips have been added to a number of actions to better explain them. A new personality type has been written to expand the variation in dialogue throughout the game. The way sluttiness is increased has been tweaked to make it possible, though slow, to corrupt a girl without any use of your mind altering serum. The changes also make sluttiness increases more consistent and less dependent on serum in general. And finally, across the entire game there have been bug fixes.

I hope you enjoy the new version and the new characters introduced! Here's a changelog going from v0.16.1 to v0.17.0:

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Employees will no longer quit during the weekend.
- Thong pattern 1 added
- Lace bra pattern 1 added
- Corset pattern 1 added
- Lace panties pattern 1 added
- Rerendering bobbed and bow hair
- Long skirt being rerendered as monocromatic
- Long Tshirt was rerendered as monocromatic
- Cotton panties added
- Thin panties pattern 1 added
- Added bobbed hair style.
- Improved hair style contrast.
- Added Cousin (Gabrielle) character.
- Added Aunt (Rebecca) character.
- Added Starting wardrobe for Gabrielle.
- Added starting wardrobe for Rebecca.
- Added new "Introvert" personality type and associated dialogue.
- Map screen now uses hex co-ords instead of raw screen position. Map locations updated for new system.
- Added support for events triggered when you enter the same room as someone.
- Added support for events triggered when you start an interaction with someone.
- Added long chain of aunt introduction events.
- Added action for helping your aunt move.
- Added long chain of cousin introduction events.
- Added cousin blackmail related events.
- Added event for sharing drinks with your aunt.
- Temporary sluttiness is now uncapped (was previously capped at core+suggestability+10)
- Temporary sluttiness above core+suggestability+10 returns to normal "core" amount very quickly.
- Temporary sluttiness above core but within core+suggestability+10 converts to core sluttiness, with a suggestability% chance each turn to change 3 temporary into 3 core.
- Temporary sluttiness 5 or more above core+suggestability+10 converts 5 temporary sluttiness into 1 core sluttiness. Serum use makes corruption faster and more efficent, but is not strictly nessesary.
- Adjusted blue and red character fonts to be lighter and more readable.
- Long sweater pattern 1 added
- Strapless Bra pattern 1 added
- Added a tooltip to serum produciton line screen explaining production weight and autosell thresholds.
- Added indication that giving a performance review will take a turn.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed incorrect call to mc_title variable in personality dialogue.
- Fixed function typo in mom texting random event that was causing a crash.
- Fixed dialogue typos.
- Removed ability to schedule multiple dates for the end of the week, including multiple dates with the same person.
- Changed home front hall image from old apartment lobby image to new living room image.
- It is no longer possible to bring up the goal screen while in the map movement screen.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.17.1 is out and available to everyone! You can find the download links here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-17-27457788

LR2 v0.17.1 marks the beginning of phase two of development. Phase two is focused on introducing new characters, writing story arcs for these characters, and generating new content for existing systems. To kick this off this update introduces two new family members: Rebecca and Gabrielle, your aunt and cousin. When your aunt falls on hard times you and your family take her in and give her a chance to get back on her feet. Your loner cousin, dragged along through the ordeal, is less than happy about the arrangement and makes it abundantly clear. Both characters have storyline events, locations, and actions that can present interesting and effective ways to corrupt them.

In addition to this new story based content there have been changes, additions, and fixes to a wide range of systems in the game. The corruption system has been tweaked to allow sluttiness, one measure of a girls corruption, to be increased slowly without any use of mind altering serum. There have been a number of new patterns added for different pieces of clothing, and a couple have been rerendered to fix issues with clipping. Internally new systems have been added to allow for events to take place when you enter a location or begin talking to the person, both of which are already in use with some new events. Tooltips have been added in some places, the map screen has been tidied up, and new personality type has been added.

Enjoy the update!

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Employees will no longer quit during the weekend.
- Thong pattern 1 added
- Lace bra pattern 1 added
- Corset pattern 1 added
- Lace panties pattern 1 added
- Rerendering bobbed and bow hair
- Long skirt being rerendered as monocromatic
- Long Tshirt was rerendered as monocromatic
- Cotton panties added
- Thin panties pattern 1 added
- Added bobbed hair style.
- Improved hair style contrast.
- Added Cousin (Gabrielle) character.
- Added Aunt (Rebecca) character.
- Added Starting wardrobe for Gabrielle.
- Added starting wardrobe for Rebecca.
- Added new "Introvert" personality type and associated dialogue.
- Map screen now uses hex co-ords instead of raw screen position. Map locations updated for new system.
- Added support for events triggered when you enter the same room as someone.
- Added support for events triggered when you start an interaction with someone.
- Added long chain of aunt introduction events.
- Added action for helping your aunt move.
- Added long chain of cousin introduction events.
- Added cousin blackmail related events.
- Added event for sharing drinks with your aunt.
- Temporary sluttiness is now uncapped (was previously capped at core+suggestability+10)
- Temporary sluttiness above core+suggestability returns to normal "core" amount very quickly, up to 5 per turn.
- Temporary sluttiness above core but within core+suggestability converts to core sluttiness, with a suggestability % chance each turn to change 3 temporary into 3 core.
- Temporary sluttiness above core+suggestability has a chance to convert to 1 core sluttiness each turn, with an 100% chance if it is 5 or more higher. Serum use makes corruption faster and more efficent, but is not strictly nessesary.
- Adjusted blue and red character fonts to be lighter and more readable.
- Long sweater pattern 1 added
- Strapless Bra pattern 1 added
- Added a tooltip to serum produciton line screen explaining production weight and autosell thresholds.
- Added indication that giving a performance review will take a turn.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed incorrect call to mc_title variable in personality dialogue.
- Fixed function typo in mom texting random event that was causing a crash.
- Fixed dialogue typos.
- Removed ability to schedule multiple dates for the end of the week, including multiple dates with the same person.
- Changed home front hall image from old apartment lobby image to new living room image.
- It is no longer possible to bring up the goal screen while in the map movement screen.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.17.1, 8/6/2019)

Postby vrengames » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 am

LR2 v0.18.0 is ready for it's week of bug testing before it's public release! If you're already a patron you can find the download links here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-18-28040469

This new version of the game comes with a hefty change log with progress along three major fronts. First, several rendering and display changes have been implemented, improving character image quality. Second, menu details and functionality has been refined in key areas. Third, new content has been added throughout the game, including the reintroduction of the Lab Rats 1 character Alexia. Overall, the game continues to expand and improve!
Changes to the way character bodies are rendered has eliminated gaps found between the head and neck of characters, and way those body images are then processed has removed any visible edges when body and head images are combined. Overall this produces a marked improvement in character body images. Character hairstyles have been reviewed and tweaked to correct any differences in contrast or brightness. These changes are part of an ongoing effort to improve the characters displayed in Lab Rats 2.

Menu functionality and gameplay feedback have been focused on this update. The changes made seek to better inform the player about the results of their actions and to display information more reliably to the player. The list of sex positions, for example, now highlights the different effects that position is likely to have on the girl and whether or not she will find it exciting or boring. While at work the player will receive reports of how much research they produced, serum supplies they bought, and so on. Tooltips have been added for the basic work actions that explain what stats are important for them, and actions that were not useful, such as examining a room to see what objects were in it, have been trimmed from the game.

The last major class of additions come in form of content updates. Likely the most interesting is the reintroduction of Alexia from Lab Rats 1. Alexia comes back into your life following a year of travel to find herself. Her reintroduction prompted the addition of girls already in relationships of various types. These relationships can adjust how a girl reacts to your advances and her own corruption. Some are more willing to cheat on their partners with you than others, and some are even turned on by the idea. Another major section of content is the addition of condom requests and descriptions while having sex. Some girls may ask or demand you put on a condom before having sex. Others, particularly as they become more slutty, will specifically ask you don't use one.

I hope you enjoy the update! Here's a changelog going from v0.17.1 to v0.18.0:

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Added four new outcomes to drinking event with aunt: outfit viewing, underwear viewing, stripping, and seduction.
- The person information UI now displays any time a character is drawn to the screen instead of having to be explictly invoked in the script.
- Added six new character dialogue fonts.
- Changed Stephanie's font colour to a softer red to improve readability.
- Random characters can now generate with ages down to 18.
- Girls now generate with a relationship status: Single, Girlfriend, Fiancee, or Married.
- Girls now sometimes generate with a number of kids. Older characters and characters in steady relationships are more likely to have kids and more likely to have more kids.
- Updated detailed character info screen to include more personal information.
- Removed "Examine the room" option as it was rarely useful.
- Updated all basic company task tooltips to include the formula used to determine base productivity.
- Tasks now tell you how much production, research, etc. you produce when you perform them.
- Angry emotion can now be shown dynamically during interactions instead of only occuring during story events.
- Added dialogue when you end a sex scene early.
- Slutty and disobedient girls can take control of a sex scene if you try and leave before they orgasm.
- Slutty girls can beg you to stay and help them finish if you try and leave before they orgasm.
- Added dialogue when a girl takes control of a sex scene or when they beg you to keep going.
- Sex position menu now uses textual descriptions instead of sluttiness requirement and cap values.
- Sex position menu now displays tooltips with each position describing the effect it will have on arousal and/or sluttiness.
- Adjusted contrast and whiteness of all hair styles to be more consistent.
- Adjusted default hair colours to be more attractive.
- Replaced "red" hair colour with "chestnut". Now a more natural light red-brown.
- Characters now generate with minor variations between hair tones.
- Changed Stephanie's haircut to a shorter cut that more closely matches her LR1 appearance.
- Introduced Alexia as a special character.
- Added three special events related to Alexia.
- The main character can now wear a condom before having sex.
- Girls may ask or demand a character does not wear a condom before having sex,
- Added climax variations to all sex positions where the main character is wearing a condom.
- Wearing a condom reduces arousal gain slightly for both parties.
- Changed "risking getting pregnant" opinion type to "bareback sex" opinion type. Updated all existing references.
- Girls who are in a relationship now have higher love requirements before they will go on a date with you.
- Girls who are in a relationship now have a sluttiness penalty when you attempt to seduce them.
- Added "cheating on men" sex opinion.
- Girls who like or love "cheating on men" reduce the extra love requirement for going on dates,
- Girls who like or love "cheating on men" give a sluttiness bonus instead of a penalty.
- Added titles and possessive titles for characters who are in relationships or have kids.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed type in outfit check for one of the cousin storyline events.
- Fixed sister morning event calling "fully naked" dialogue path even when she had undrwear on.
- Fixed chin/body gap issues present in some sex positions.
- Fixed grey line appearing at meeting point of body and head images.
- Attempted fix for outfits not being imported from .xml wardrobe files on android.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.18.1, 8/7/2019)

Postby vrengames » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.18.1 has finished it's week of patron bug testing and is ready for it's public release! You can find the download links here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-18-28215698

This new version comes with a hefty change log, with progress along three major fronts. First, Rendering improvements have been made and display methods have been updated, improving clothing and body quality throughout the game. Second, menus and action results have been updated to improve their functionality and player education. Third, new content has been added throughout the game. This new content includes the reintroduction of the Lab Rats 1 character Alexia as well as new dialogue, descriptions, and choices. Across the board the game continues to grow and improve!

Changes to the way character bodies are rendered have eliminated graphical artifacts where the head and body images meet and the image library of character bodies has been re-rendered. Character hairstyles have also been reviewed, with many of the previous hair styles being tweaked to have their contrast or brightness better match the rest of the game. All of these changes are part of an ongoing effort to improve the characters displayed in Lab Rats 2.

Menu functionality and gameplay feedback have received some attention this update. The changes that have been made seek to better inform the player about the results of their actions, as well as to highlight what actions might be possible under different scenarios. The list of sex positions has been changed to highlight the effects of each position will have on a girls corruption, as well as display what positions are possible only due to obedience or are blocked by clothing. The basic work tasks have been updated to display how much you individually produce, and when hovered the tasks now display what stats and skills are important for them. Unhelpful menu options have been trimmed from the game to keep the gameplay choices as clear as possible.

The last and perhaps the most exciting changes, new content has been added throughout the game. Alexia from Lab Rats 1 has been reintroduced, coming back into your life after a year of travel to "find herself". Her personal storyline, which will receive further content in future updates, prompted the addition of relationship statuses for all girls. Some women may already be in a steady relationship or married when you meet them, and corrupting them is more difficult. There is also new content inside of the sex system in the form of condoms. Some girls may ask or demand you put on a condom before having sex. Others, especially as you corrupt them and they become more slutty, may ask you not to use one and to fuck them raw.

I hope you enjoy the update!

Changelog (v0.17.1 to v0.18.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Added four new outcomes to drinking event with aunt: outfit viewing, underwear viewing, stripping, and seduction.
- The person information UI now displays any time a character is drawn to the screen instead of having to be explictly invoked in the script.
- Added six new character dialogue fonts.
- Changed Stephanie's font colour to a softer red to improve readability.
- Random characters can now generate with ages down to 18.
- Girls now generate with a relationship status: Single, Girlfriend, Fiancee, or Married.
- Girls now sometimes generate with a number of kids. Older characters and characters in steady relationships are more likely to have kids and more likely to have more kids.
- Updated detailed character info screen to include more personal information.
- Removed "Examine the room" option as it was rarely useful.
- Updated all basic company task tooltips to include the formula used to determine base productivity.
- Tasks now tell you how much production, research, etc. you produce when you perform them.
- Angry emotion can now be shown dynamically during interactions instead of only occuring during story events.
- Added dialogue when you end a sex scene early.
- Slutty and disobedient girls can take control of a sex scene if you try and leave before they orgasm.
- Slutty girls can beg you to stay and help them finish if you try and leave before they orgasm.
- Added dialogue when a girl takes control of a sex scene or when they beg you to keep going.
- Sex position menu now uses textual descriptions instead of sluttiness requirement and cap values.
- Sex position menu now displays tooltips with each position describing the effect it will have on arousal and/or sluttiness.
- Adjusted contrast and whiteness of all hair styles to be more consistent.
- Adjusted default hair colours to be more attractive.
- Replaced "red" hair colour with "chestnut". Now a more natural light red-brown.
- Characters now generate with minor variations between hair tones.
- Changed Stephanie's haircut to a shorter cut that more closely matches her LR1 appearance.
- Introduced Alexia as a special character.
- Added three special events related to Alexia.
- The main character can now wear a condom before having sex.
- Girls may ask or demand a character does not wear a condom before having sex,
- Added climax variations to all sex positions where the main character is wearing a condom.
- Wearing a condom reduces arousal gain slightly for both parties.
- Changed "risking getting pregnant" opinion type to "bareback sex" opinion type. Updated all existing references.
- Girls who are in a relationship now have higher love requirements before they will go on a date with you.
- Girls who are in a relationship now have a sluttiness penalty when you attempt to seduce them.
- Added "cheating on men" sex opinion.
- Girls who like or love "cheating on men" reduce the extra love requirement for going on dates,
- Girls who like or love "cheating on men" give a sluttiness bonus instead of a penalty.
- Added titles and possessive titles for characters who are in relationships or have kids.
- Adjusted required love and sluttiness values needed for Mom letting you stay in the room while she changes between outfits.
- Added flirting dialogue variations depending on a girls relationship status.
- Seduction responses vary depending on a girls relationship status.
- Added muliple variations for sex response dialogue within each personality based on current arousal.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed type in outfit check for one of the cousin storyline events.
- Fixed sister morning event calling "fully naked" dialogue path even when she had undrwear on.
- Fixed chin/body gap issues present in some sex positions.
- Fixed grey line appearing at meeting point of body and head images.
- Attempted fix for outfits not being imported from .xml wardrobe files on android.
- Fixed clothing image masks improperly being applyed, resulting in semi-transparent outlines of each section.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.18.1, 8/7/2019)

Postby vrengames » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:25 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.19.0 is out! If you're already a patron you can find the download links here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-19-28824723

I'm excited to release this update to patrons for it's week of bug testing! v0.19.0 includes changes for three major areas: A rework of the central menu system, new clothing items, and the addition of new story content.

The new story content reintroduces Nora from Lab Rats 1 as well as provides a large amount of content for Alexia, who was reintroduced last update. Nora's introductory content focuses on providing an alternate path for your serum research and lays the groundwork for future interactions. Alexia's new content adds a unique path for corruption once she is working for you. A collection of new clothing items have been added to the game including new socks, new shoes, and an evening dress. New default outfits have been added to make use of some of these items.
The update also includes a complete rework of the central menu system. The goal of this rework was to reduce the number of clicks needed to perform actions as well as increase the number of options visible to the player. Talking to people, taking special actions, and noticing when new actions become available are now all much easier to do.

I hope you enjoy the new version, and here's a changelog (v0.18.2 to v0.19.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Updated main decision menu. Now includes information previously hidden in the "Talk to someone" and "Do something" menus.
- Updated main discussion menu. Now includes information previously hidden in the "Chat about something" and "Special actions".
- Removed "Wait here" button in top left panel.
- Added generic "Wait here" option to all locations. Changes into "go home to sleep" option at the end of the day.
- Updated outfit selection manager. Add, modify, duplicate, delete, and export functionality is now all combined on one screen.
- Removed arbitrary (and poorly enforced) restrictions on naming two outfit sets identically.
- The likelyhood of a women being married is more highly dependant on age.
- Reduced relative likelyhood of any woman being a girlfriend in a relationship (vs. being single, engaged, or married)
- Added High Boots clothing item.
- Added Thigh High Boots clothing item.
- Added short sleeve blouse.
- Added short socks clothing item.
- Added Pumps clothing item and one pattern.
- Increased serum mastery gain from test subject study from 0.1 to 0.2 per interaction.
- Added Leotard clothing item to game.
- Rerendered bath robe in flat white.
- Added flowers bath robe pattern (based on old bath robe design).
- Added Love increase option to improved serum testing action with head researcher.
- Fixed layering inconsitencies with one piece underwear that allowed them to be removed even while held in place by other pieces of clothing.
- Added large, multi-staged event for Alexia after she is employeed by you.
- Re-introduced Nora from Lab Rats 1.
- Added University location, unlocked as part of introduction of Nora.
- Added alternative path to reach research tier 2 when Stephanie is your head researcher - talking to Nora.
- Added several new basic underwear and overwear sets to the default wardrobe.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed Gabrielle generating with a random relationship type (instead of always being single).
- Fixed outfit changes due to sex being stored as part of the original outfit when that outfit was just assigned to the person.
- Fixed Alexia appearing in the game world before her introduction event.
- Fixed character images not updating properly when a girl takes control in a scene.
- Fixed potential issue with serum production when using multiple assembly lines that would result in 0 production progress.
- Fixed crash triggered when a character would ask to give you a new title.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.19.1, 8/8/2019)

Postby vrengames » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.19.1 is live! Download it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-v0-19-1-29006713

After a week of bug testing by patrons I am excited to release v0.19.1 to the general public. This update includes a whole pile of new content as well as vast improvements to the central menu systems. Included in the new content is the introduction of Nora from Lab Rats 1. Her introduction completes the original cast and brings the total number of unique characters to seven, in addition to the near-infinite number of randomly generated characters!

Aside from the introduction of Nora there are several other major pieces of new content added in v0.19.1. Alexia's personal storyline has received a significant expansion, providing you with a unique way to corrupt her as well at the same time boosting profits for your pharmaceutical business. The clothing system, which allows you to dynamically dress up or strip down characters one piece of clothing at a time, has had multiple new items added. These include two new blouses, socks of various lengths, and two new types of knee high boots. A handful of new default underwear and overwear sets have been added to the game to show off these new items. I hope these will be useful when creating new uniforms for your employees or making outfits for your favourite girls!

This update also includes major improvements to the central menu system of the game. The redesign condenses all of the information that was previously hidden in three different sub-menus into a single screen. This reduces the number of clicks needed to accomplish a task. It is also now much easier to notice when new actions are enabled or when new characters enter the area. The outfit manager has also been improved, making it easier to create new outfit designs. It is now possible to delete, export, modify, or duplicate existing outfits as well as create new overwear sets, underwear sets, or full outfits all from the same screen.

Enjoy!

Changelog (v0.18.1 to v0.19.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Updated main decision menu. Now includes information previously hidden in the "Talk to someone" and "Do something" menus.
- Updated main discussion menu. Now includes information previously hidden in the "Chat about something" and "Special actions".
- Removed "Wait here" button in top left panel.
- Added generic "Wait here" option to all locations. Changes into "go home to sleep" option at the end of the day.
- Updated outfit selection manager. Add, modify, duplicate, delete, and export functionality is now all combined on one screen.
- Removed arbitrary (and poorly enforced) restrictions on naming two outfit sets identically.
- The likelyhood of a women being married is more highly dependant on age.
- Reduced relative likelyhood of any woman being a girlfriend in a relationship (vs. being single, engaged, or married)
- Added High Boots clothing item.
- Added Thigh High Boots clothing item.
- Added short sleeve blouse.
- Added short socks clothing item.
- Added Pumps clothing item and one pattern.
- Increased serum mastery gain from test subject study from 0.1 to 0.2 per interaction.
- Added Leotard clothing item to game.
- Rerendered bath robe in flat white.
- Added flowers bath robe pattern (based on old bath robe design).
- Added Love increase option to improved serum testing action with head researcher.
- Fixed layering inconsitencies with one piece underwear that allowed them to be removed even while held in place by other pieces of clothing.
- Added large, multi-staged event for Alexia after she is employeed by you.
- Re-introduced Nora from Lab Rats 1.
- Added University location, unlocked as part of introduction of Nora.
- Added alternative path to reach research tier 2 when Stephanie is your head researcher - talking to Nora.
- Added several new basic underwear and overwear sets to the default wardrobe.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed Gabrielle generating with a random relationship type (instead of always being single).
- Fixed outfit changes due to sex being stored as part of the original outfit when that outfit was just assigned to the person.
- Fixed Alexia appearing in the game world before her introduction event.
- Fixed character images not updating properly when a girl takes control in a scene.
- Fixed potential issue with serum production when using multiple assembly lines that would result in 0 production progress.
- Fixed crash triggered when a character would ask to give you a new title.
- Fixed crash related to lack of sex positions with the girl in charge, causing an error when she couldn't have sex.
vrengames

Postby dannub » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I am definitely a lot more interested in this game now that it has unique characters and storylines. Hoping you can eventually get your company staffed by the original cast and just use generic girls for extra productivity.
dannub

Postby dannub » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 am

Some feedback after playing the game a bit:

1. It's still way too mind-numbingly boring to get started. Yeah, I know games like this are supposed to be grindy, but you still shouldn't have to scrape by for a couple weeks while individually doing every single task at your company until you can afford to hire more people (and to be honest, it's the "do everything yourself" part that annoys me the most). Just having Steph means you have to get things going very quickly if you want to be able to experience later content. It would be nice if you started with a product that doesn't act as a serum, but still sells for enough to pay the bills (something like $50-100 a day so you can earn a little bit). Then once you start producing serum, you can stop production of the default product, and you're on your own. I know $100 a day to start might sound like a lot, but keep in mind if you want to even start Lily's training, you have to pay her $50 a pop, then $100, and then I have no idea how much, but it's probably a lot.

2. Lily's training is a good way to get her started, but I haven't found anything equivalent for mom, and it'd be nice if there was something.

3. I don't see the point of the aunt and cousin visiting you. Not that having the new characters is bad or anything, it's just that they eventually get their own place, well before you can corrupt them in a regular game, and they're freely accessible from there, so I'm not sure why they bother staying with you. If you keep it like this, I'd recommend having special events that trigger while they're staying at your place that lead into corrupting them even after they've moved out. Just letting Gabrielle tweet on her phone in your room isn't really enough.

I'm still working my way through the new content, so I might have more feedback.
Last edited by dannub on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dannub

Postby dannub » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Oh yeah, you know what would be really great is a clear indication of the requirements to unlock the stripping/serum testing mechanic for Lily, mom, etc. Like, having the next tier grayed out beneath the current one showing the requirements.

Also, instead of just the hearts for sluttiness, having a numerical value displayed as well would be really helpful.
dannub

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 am

dannub Wrote:Some feedback after playing the game a bit:

1. It's still way too tough to get started. Yeah, I know games like this are supposed to be grindy, but you still shouldn't have to scrape by for a couple weeks while individually doing every single task at your company until you can afford to hire more people (and to be honest, it's the "do everything yourself" part that annoys me the most). Just having Steph means you have to get things going very quickly if you want to be able to experience later content. It would be nice if you started with a product that doesn't act as a serum, but still sells for enough to pay the bills (something like $50-100 a day so you can earn a little bit). Then once you start producing serum, you can stop production of the default product, and you're on your own. I know $100 a day to start might sound like a lot, but keep in mind if you want to even start Lily's training, you have to pay her $50 a pop, then $100, and then I have no idea how much, but it's probably a lot.

2. Lily's training is a good way to get her started, but I haven't found anything equivalent for mom, and it'd be nice if there was something.

3. I don't see the point of the aunt and cousin visiting you. Not that having the new characters is bad or anything, it's just that they eventually get their own place, well before you can corrupt them in a regular game, and they're freely accessible from there, so I'm not sure why they bother staying with you. If you keep it like this, I'd recommend having special events that trigger while they're staying at your place that lead into corrupting them even after they've moved out. Just letting Gabrielle tweet on her phone in your room isn't really enough.

I'm still working my way through the new content, so I might have more feedback.

1. It's not really that hard. The only things I do in the first weeks is organizing the company and selling products. Starting in the second week that is. I don't do anything at all in the first week. (Get Steph to research med. appliance -> create a serum with that -> when she's done on late thursday or so you can start hiring people -> get one for suply and one for production (decent ones would be great) optionally you can get 2 each but you need one of each to don't get broke. By hiring only one each you can reserve the space for HR and marketing but the start get's slowed down)

Which leads to 2.
Mom is a lot easier to crack than Lily. Flirt with her until sluttyness doesn't increase anymore (18) then go on a date. Afterwards her sluttyness should be high enough to seduce her. You can do the same with Lily but with her way lower starting obediance it's harder to get her to agree to anything.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby dannub » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

1. Sure, if you just do everything yourself it's not "hard" since you effectively have unlimited time, but it's also boring as all hell when you're going to each individual department to do each task yourself. It's supposed to be a business, but you're the only one doing anything for at least a few weeks until you have actual cash flow.

2. I didn't mean how to increase her sluttiness, I meant just an event to get her going. Lily offers to test serum and then strip for you, but you can't do anything with mom until she has a high enough sluttiness that those activities aren't really necessary.
dannub

Postby Briheas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 am

I hire 1 person each day for the first 4 days. Ideally, I'd like them specializing in research, then supply, then production, but I'll take them out of order if a good candidate is available. By the end of day 1, I have medical applications done, and by the end of day 2, my first serum is ready, so I can start production on day 3. I generally help out with research on days 1-2, then starting on day 3, I do HR in the morning, supply or production during the day, and marketing in the evening. I might dip into negative on the 3rd or 4th day, but I'm back in positive by the 5th day, and continue on from there.
Briheas

Postby vrengames » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:06 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.20.0 is out and available to patrons for bug testing! Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-20-29614605

This update adds new content in three main areas. First, Nora's storyline has been greatly extended. If you work with her to advance your research you can unlock unique, powerful serum traits not normally available to your R&D division. Her research requires you to corrupt other girls and study them to better understand how her own invention operates. Next, Gabrielle's storyline has been expanded with several large new story events. Finally, a new location and several random exploration events have been added to the hub location of the game. This new location, a gentleman's club, offers a place to relax, watch a show, and unwind after a long day at work.

Outside of the brand new content there have been a number of other important changes and improvements. Performance has been a large focus for this update. A major memory leak has been plugged and a number of settings have been optimized to reduce gameplay memory usage and save file size. A whole host of bugs, big and small, have also been fixed! A new company role has been created and makes use of content written for Alexia last update. If you don't run into Alexia, or don't wish to hire her, you can now make use of one of your other girls in the company to model for your company. The more scantily clad and promiscuous she is the more money your ads will be able to generate.

Enjoy!

Changelog (v0.19.1 to v0.20.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Added new blackmail material for Gabrielle, as well as multiple variant options for how to gather it.
- Added ability to explore downtown, which sometimes generates random events.
- Added new stripclub location. Can be discovered by exploring downtown.
- Added small wardrobe of stripper outfits, used by girls when working in the strip club.
- Added option to watch a girl strip in the strip club, as well as throw tips onto the stage.
- Added multiple random events that can happen when exploring downtown.
- Added "prostitute" role. When encountered they can be paid for sex, but will not be seduced unless their love is above a threshold (Currently 20).
- Differentiated climax response dialogue based on what type of sex is happening (foreplay, oral, vaginal, anal)
- Added two new options to Gabrielle's blackmail list, unlocked when the second tier of blackmail information is gathered.
- Added cash payment phase to Nora's storyline. Doing additional work for Nora provides funds as well as unlocks next phase.
- Added three more Nora research serum traits.
- Added special serum phase to Nora's storyline. By studying unique individuals and providing reports to her she can develop powerful, unique serum traits.
- Added 10 new special serum traits, each unlocked by studying a unique type of person who has been corrupted.
- Added alternative path that unlocks Nora's storyline even if you do not choose to use her to advance your research, as long as you have talked about the possibility.
- Added "Company Model" role, which has taken over some of the content previously exclusive to Alexia.
- Modified Alexia's storyline to work with the new company model role. Following Alexia's storyline lets you put her in place as your model earlier than normal and without any additional cost.
- Added "Marketting License" business policy that unlocks the ability to assign the company model role. A company model can be asked to start an ad campaign for you, resulting in higher prices for all serums sold.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed all potential employees (and all other one-off randomly generated characters) creating home locations, instead of just the ones that were hired. Should massively reduce end game memory usage.
- Fixed possibility to loop through Nora event repeatedly after she had been contacted the first time.
- Fixed error in one brach of the company model photo shoot event.
- Fixed characters not respecting their scheudles depending on how they were set.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.20.1, 9/8/2019)

Postby vrengames » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.20.1 is live! Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-2-v0-20-29801734

I'm happy to release v0.20.1 to everyone now that it's had it's week of bug testing! This update adds new story content to two of the special characters in the game and opens up a new role that had previously been limited to a single special character. Nora, your old lab director and current research collaborator, has had her storyline extended significantly. By working with her and bringing her unique test subjects you can unlock special serum traits, the building blocks of your mind altering serums. Gabrielle, your cousin who recently moved back into town with your aunt, has a new section of content written that continues her story arc she becomes sluttier. A new strip club location offers a place to relax and watch a show, and the new ability to wander the city lets you find it and more in your spare time. Lastly, you can now have one of your employees act as your company model, modeling in photoshoots to advertise your product. The more risqué the pictures you can convince her to take, the higher the returns you will see in sales.

Outside of the new written content there have been a bunch of important changes and improvements. In particular, performance ahs been improved dramatically. A major memory leak has been plugged and the source of unreasonably large save files has been tracked down and fixed. A whole pile of other bugs have been fixed, from crash causes to typos, improving the stability of the game in general.

Enjoy!

Also enjoy this changelog! (v0.19.1 to v0.20.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
- Added new blackmail material for Gabrielle, as well as multiple variant options for how to gather it.
- Added ability to explore downtown, which sometimes generates random events.
- Added new stripclub location. Can be discovered by exploring downtown.
- Added small wardrobe of stripper outfits, used by girls when working in the strip club.
- Added option to watch a girl strip in the strip club, as well as throw tips onto the stage.
- Added multiple random events that can happen when exploring downtown.
- Added "prostitute" role. When encountered they can be paid for sex, but will not be seduced unless their love is above a threshold (Currently 20).
- Differentiated climax response dialogue based on what type of sex is happening (foreplay, oral, vaginal, anal)
- Added two new options to Gabrielle's blackmail list, unlocked when the second tier of blackmail information is gathered.
- Added cash payment phase to Nora's storyline. Doing additional work for Nora provides funds as well as unlocks next phase.
- Added three more Nora research serum traits.
- Added special serum phase to Nora's storyline. By studying unique individuals and providing reports to her she can develop powerful, unique serum traits.
- Added 10 new special serum traits, each unlocked by studying a unique type of person who has been corrupted.
- Added alternative path that unlocks Nora's storyline even if you do not choose to use her to advance your research, as long as you have talked about the possibility.
- Added "Company Model" role, which has taken over some of the content previously exclusive to Alexia.
- Modified Alexia's storyline to work with the new company model role. Following Alexia's storyline lets you put her in place as your model earlier than normal and without any additional cost.
- Added "Marketting License" business policy that unlocks the ability to assign the company model role. A company model can be asked to start an ad campaign for you, resulting in higher prices for all serums sold.
- Added new "Anal Doggystyle" sex position.
- Goals can no longer repeat when scrapped.
- Goals will no longer appear if they would be completed instantly.

*BUG FIXES*
- Fixed all potential employees (and all other one-off randomly generated characters) creating home locations, instead of just the ones that were hired. Should massively reduce end game memory usage.
- Fixed possibility to loop through Nora event repeatedly after she had been contacted the first time.
- Fixed error in one brach of the company model photo shoot event.
- Fixed characters not respecting their scheudles depending on how they were set.
- Fixed checks for outfits sometimes returning nothing, resulting in crashes.
- Reduced save filesize and general responsiveness by removing unused internal connections list that was caching poorly.
- Fixed names being improperly reported in some events.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.20.1, 9/8/2019)

Postby Briheas » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:39 am

When doing Nora's 3rd research task (the +20 sluttiness trait), instead of making it already researched and I just have to increase the mastery (like the previous 2), I was given the trait unresearched, so I can't make a serum with it. I would have to first research it, which would take 1,000,000 research points.
Briheas

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects