[Ren'py] Long Live the Princess

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [Ren'py] Long Live the Princess

Postby Belle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:47 am

Version 0.7.1 has now been released for everyone. Download link is in the first post. Enjoy! :)

Changelog 0.7.0:
  • New character (dryad) and her scenes.
  • Map system implemented for travel outside of town.
  • New scene for Aldred.
  • New ability and its training scenes.
  • Added a new hunting mechanic.
  • Mystery scene.
  • Belle may now give you hints to help you discover how to train your abilities.
  • Fixed a bug where you could get stuck on an empty clue page.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Changelog 0.7.1:
  • The map should now be available when loading old saves.
Belle

Postby deathgod » Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 pm

is there a current hint on how to get each ones basic secrets done or a walk through at least...???
deathgod

Postby Belle » Tue May 01, 2018 6:38 pm

deathgod Wrote:is there a current hint on how to get each ones basic secrets done or a walk through at least...???

There isn't an official walkthrough, if that's what you're asking for, but I know there's a fan-made one out there that is as good as official (just not made by me). Try googling for it.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 am

Version 0.8.1 has now been released for everyone. Download link is in the first post. Enjoy! :)

Changelog 0.8.0:
  • Erato will now take you to meet the Fairy Queen.
  • Repeatable followup scene at the river.
  • Samarra's dialogue has been completely rewritten.
  • Belle should no longer refer to the MC as a virgin after he has gotten laid.
  • Added ambient sound to the river and the forest.
  • Two new musical tracks.

Changelog 0.8.1:
  • The new river scene will now correctly trigger for existing saves.
Belle

Postby Belle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Version 0.9.0 has now been released for everyone. Download link is in the first post. Have fun!

This version focuses almost exclusively on story and puzzles, much like the first few updates for the game. In other words, don't expect much sexy stuff in this particular update. That will be coming in 0.10. :)

In version 0.9, Samarra gives you one week to prove Primrose's innocence in the murder of Truthsayer Merek. If you can't do it in time, Primrose will be arrested. But is she really innocent? Your actions will decide her fate.

The events in this update begin on day 17 (or later, if you're using a save that is from beyond that point) and last for one week. Considering that there are three separate secrets in this update (I've never added more than one at once before) and that there's almost as much new text this time as versions 0.7 and 0.8 added together, I didn't have time to deal with the consequences of the week's events. This will be the focus of next month's version 0.10, where you should be able to see what your actions have resulted in, and (hopefully) reap the (sexy) rewards.

A little tip before you dive in: You should aim to have reached the point where you can reveal people's large secrets before day 17.

Changelog 0.9.0:
  • Added the game's first timed event on day 17. Most of the additions in this update occur during this event, so you won't see the new features until that day.
  • Added a small secret to Samarra, and large secrets to both Samarra and Primrose.
  • Added Remove Inhibitions for Samarra.
  • Remove Inhibitions for Primrose now has a few more options.
  • Added an investigation mechanic for the timed event.
  • Samarra's tent is now available as a daytime location.
  • Removed the search options at the training grounds and the stables for now since they have no effect.
  • Redid the underwear cleaning renders of Primrose
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Version 0.10.1 is now available to everyone. Click here to download it.

This version is a weird one. Its purpose is to fill in the most important blanks from 0.9, so there's not much actual story progress or many new scenes in it. The biggest new feature is that you can now interact with Primrose after she gets arrested as well as continue the investigation so that you can potentially free her. If you prevented her arrest in the last version, you won't see any of this.

You can now also report back to Primrose after these events are over to collect a reward. The nature of that reward... well, it will depend on what Primrose thinks about you. I sure hope you've been keeping her happy.

Apart from that, the update features a bunch of smaller quality of life improvements.

Changelog 0.10.1:
  • Fixed a missing variable that caused crashes related to the Primrose arrest event.

Changelog 0.10.0:
  • New, repeatable scene with Primrose.
  • You may now continue the investigation of Merek's murder even after Primrose is arrested.
  • You may visit Primrose while she is in prison.
  • It is now possible to read in the library even if Primrose is in prison.
  • Added alternate opening to Primrose's arrest event if Evelyn is gone.
  • Scrolling credits are now available from the main menu.
  • You can no longer rollback to before a saved game you just loaded. This should resolve the Ren'py exceptions some people have been reporting, but won't fix saves already affected by this issue.
  • Music now resumes correctly upon loading a saved game.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.
Belle

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Version 0.11.1 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

After two months of serious Primrose business, I wanted to make something a little lighter and funnier for this update. There's no real story progression here, but I fill in some important, sexy blanks that needed filling and add some things that are simply neat and have been hinted at for quite some time.

Changelog 0.11.1:
  • The code referenced the wrong image file names for Belle when she was being sad and wearing one of the new outfits, causing an error. This has been fixed.

Changelog 0.11.0:
  • New repeatable scene with Belle that triggers automatically at night after a set number of days.
  • Added two more costumes for Belle. These have to be bought at a certain tailor store.
  • You can now visit Samarra's tent at night.
  • New night scene for Samarra and Nell. Currently goes up to Perversity 2. More is coming later.
  • Fixed an event trigger that erroneously caused the Primrose scene in the writing room to happen after she is released from prison.
  • Samarra would refuse to let the player present clues to her after Primrose was arrested, making progression impossible if she hadn't already given you her own clue by that point. I have given her a stern talking to, and she promises she won't do it again.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.
Belle

Postby Belle » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Version 0.12.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This version has two major features worth talking about.

1) The gallery. You can access this from the main menu. Any (finished) sex scenes that you have encountered in the game are added here, and you can also see which girls have scenes that you have yet to find. Please note that this update cannot fully detect if you've reached all of these scenes in earlier versions of the game, so some scenes that you have previously encountered may be locked off for you. If that is the case, you'll have to replay the game or load an old save until you reach that scene again.

Any available scene in the gallery can be clicked on, allowing you to play through it again without having to keep a save from just before it happened. Even better, you will have the ability to configure these scenes in many cases. Some configuration options require you to have made certain choices in the game itself before they are available.

2) The conclusion to Primrose's romance path. We've been working towards this for a while now, but we're finally here. You can now reach one of two possible conclusions to your relationship with her. These depend on choices you've made throughout the entire game. Please note that I've made changes to how your relationship with Primrose is handled from the early stages on, so existing saves might find it much easier to reach one of these conclusions than is intended. I recommend starting over for the full experience, but you won't break anything by continuing with an old save.

Just to be clear: There will be more Primrose in the future. This is just the conclusion to the romance path.

Changelog 0.12.0:
  • Gallery added to the main menu. You can now replay and customize any of the finished sex scenes in the game.
  • Added conclusion (but not end) to Primrose's romance path.
  • 4 new scenes for Primrose.
  • Charisma training now goes up to level 3.
  • Tweaked how Primrose's relationship with you develops throughout the game. This is not retroactive for old saves, so using an old save might make it much easier to reach one of Primrose's new paths than is intended.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Version 0.13.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This version allows you to train your agility score up to level 5 by revisiting Samarra. However, most of you are probably already aware that any further training with her came with the condition that you could actually hit her in combat. In this update, you'll get the chance to do just that.

There are no new ways to actually use your improved agility in this update, but that will be coming very soon. In version 0.14.0, as a matter of fact. :)

Changelog 0.13.0:
  • Agility training now goes up to level 5.
  • New scene for Samarra.
  • Samarra's background story is slightly expanded.
  • Your custom character name will now be used in replays. Load an old save or start a new game to set it.
  • Adjusted part of the progression systems for Primrose based on feedback.
Belle

Postby Belle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Version 0.14.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This version ups Perversity to level 5. Just one more to go now. Both Evelyn's and Primrose's night scenes have been expanded to use this increased Perversity. Samarra's and Nell's scene will have to wait a little bit longer since I still haven't implemented all the lower level Perversity actions for it.

Additionally, there's now a quest to find the Skeleton Key that you need for the Knock spell. The effects of the spell itself will have to wait until the next version, but at least now you can finally learn it. This quest might feel a little random if you're playing this on a save that has done everything in the game already. It will feel more natural in a game played from the beginning since it's supposed to blend into the rest of your activities in a natural way. Not to worry though, it's perfectly playable on existing saves. You might just have to wander around at random until you stumble upon a certain step in the quest.

You may be wondering why I'm implementing the Knock spell now. Well, wonder no longer! It's finally going to be Callie's turn in the spotlight again in the near future. Look forward to continuing her story in the next version. I don't know about you, but I'm excited!

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.14.0:
  • Perversity now goes up to level 5.
  • Expanded Evelyn's night scene to support Perversity 5.
  • Expanded Primrose's night scene to support Perversity 5.
  • Implemented the quest to find a Skeleton Key for the Knock spell.
  • Replaced the map icon with a far more intuitive one made by Augustus Commodus.
Belle

Postby Amakuo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:03 am

Minor bug report for 0.15.0: After creating the skeleton key at night, I got a status message saying there is no content for it in this version of the game, but I still managed to open Callie's door with it and so on.

How does one raise perversity again? It's been a while :)
Amakuo

Postby Dracoslicer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 pm

If I remember it's from books to raise perversity
Dracoslicer

Postby Amakuo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:41 pm

That's what I seem to remember too but there don't seem to be any more books I can read. Only random books with no ability increase. And I can't seem to train courage anymore with Thaddeus since he's always "busy" with a certain someone.
Amakuo

Postby Belle » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Amakuo Wrote:Minor bug report for 0.15.0: After creating the skeleton key at night, I got a status message saying there is no content for it in this version of the game, but I still managed to open Callie's door with it and so on.

How does one raise perversity again? It's been a while :)

Thanks for the feedback about that bug, though I already knew about it and fixed it for 0.16.0.

The way to raise Perversity from 4 to 5 is different from the earlier levels. Without spoiling the exact process, let's just say that it involves the sleep scenes after you achieve Agility 5.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Version 0.15.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

At long last, we are finally ready to spend some time with Callie again. In this update, you get to solve her large secret and figure out more about what makes her tick. We also get introduced to another girl we haven't seen before.
Enjoy!

Changelog 0.15.0:
  • Implemented Callie's large secret.
  • Added new scenes for Callie and a new girl.
  • Added a new location in town.
  • Callie now has two new "fashion shows" for you
  • One new musical track (Callie's theme)
  • You can now enter Callie's store at night.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 am

Version 0.16.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

Note: I accidentally posted the wrong description here previously. I have corrected this mistake, so it should now show the right information.

This update's primary focus is Callie's night scene. It's been implemented from scratch up to the same level (or even beyond) as Evelyn and Primrose. This took most of my development time this month, which was a little unexpected.

The second main new feature is expanded options during Callie's latest fashion show. Keep in mind that your choices do matter. Going all the way with these options will shape your relationship with Callie for when she returns in later updates.

Changelog 0.16.0:
  • Implemented Callie's night scene up to and including Perversity 5 and Agility 5.
  • Further expanded Callie's fashion show with new options and rewards that will influence the type of relationship you can have with her in the future.
  • There is now a new way to obtain Callie's panties.
  • Added a new scene to the gallery.
Last edited by Belle on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Version 0.17.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This version reunites us with our beloved Nell and advances her romance path. It also adds training for Agility, allowing us to max it out, and Charisma. After this update, there are only 6 more levels of ability training left in the entire game!

Changelog 0.17.0:
  • You can now spend time with Nell to improve your relationship with her.
  • Expanded church tower content.
  • Added Advanced Training.
  • Three new scenes with Nell added to the Gallery.
  • Agility training now goes up to level 6.
  • Charisma training now goes up to level 4.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Version 0.18.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This version is short because I was sick nearly half the month, not to mention the fact that February is a short month, to begin with. Still, I've packed it with as much content as I can, including some much-needed quality of life improvements.

The main focus of this update is to teach you how to solve dark secrets. With this out of the way, there is almost no limit to where we can go with upcoming versions. I'm a little secretive with my patch notes this time. You'll probably realize why once you've actually played this update.

Additionally, the town travel system has been replaced with a brand new town map. You'll receive a quick explanation of how it works once you load your saved game or play through the tutorial.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.18.0:
  • You can now train with the Crone so that you can reveal a person's dark secrets.
  • Town travel system replaced with a town map.
  • Significant development added to one potential relationship.
  • New scene added to the gallery.
  • Rejecting Nell now awards a point of Charisma. This also applies retroactively to existing saves.
  • Touched up many outdated transitions in the early parts of the game.
Belle

Postby Belle » Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 am

Version 0.19.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This is probably the most significant update I've made for this game yet, the result of me working on it 7 days a week all month alongside my regular job. It contains 442 new images, well beyond the previous record of 155 in version 0.11.0. Much of this comes from small variations in the renders, but that's not unique for this update.

You can now crack Evelyn's dark secret, romance her, and... well, I'll just let you see for yourself. Keep in mind that she won't be coming back if she has left town in your game, so if you want to see most of the new content, you need to load a save from before she left, or start a new game.

In any case, I strongly recommend starting over from scratch in this version. I usually don't do this, but because of the way this update is structured, you'll get the most out of it if the new content integrates itself with your game from the very beginning. You'll understand why once you play it, I suspect.

Anyway, enjoy!

Changelog 0.19.0:
  • Implemented Evelyn's dark secret.
  • Two new repeatable scenes with Evelyn.
  • Two additional repeatable scenes for when you spend time with Evelyn.
  • Expanded Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn.
  • Expanded Evelyn's night scene with alternate renders for new wardrobe state.
  • Charisma training now goes up to level 5.
  • Added a new category to the Gallery. Moved one existing scene to this new category.
  • Increased the requirements for Evelyn to make a final decision about her relationship with the MC.
  • Major overhaul of the way Evelyn's renders are selected behind the scenes, improving many transitions and making it easier to add new poses.
  • Added variation images for when Evelyn speaks, making conversations with her work the same as with the other girls.
  • All existing conversations with Evelyn in the home location updated to use the new visuals.
  • Like with Nell, rejecting Primrose now awards a point of Charisma. This is retroactive. You will still receive Charisma for accepting their advances.
  • Standardized the location menus across the game. Options will now be shown in this order: Spells, actions, everything else, destinations, leave. Please let me know if you find any exceptions to this.
  • Added menu shortcuts to the map in the two locations where you are most likely to use it.
Belle

Postby Belle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Version 0.20.0 is now out for everyone. Click here to download it.

This month's update features practically all the fey creatures in the game, but the main focus is on the Fairy Queen and the Fey Court. The last time we visited the Fairy Queen was back in version 0.8.0, and at that time you left her hanging. It's time for you to pay her back.

If you've been following this game since the beginning (hey, thanks for sticking around! I appreciate it), you probably realize that this is the second time I've released a version 0.20. Thankfully, this is also the last time we'll run into problems like that. The previous 0.20 should have been numbered 0.2.0, but I hadn't quite settled on a numbering scheme yet. Suffice to say, this new version is the real 0.20.0.

I recently held a poll for patrons at the higher tiers, asking them if they wanted me to go back and improve some of the older sex scenes in the game and when I should do so. You might have noticed that the older scenes look far more primitive than more recent ones, often featuring just two frames of animation and some strange rendering choices. I want to bring them to the level of the more recent scenes, with at least 5 frames of animation, which I have found to be the sweet spot. Since the poll ended up being split relatively equally between improving the old scenes as soon as possible and at the end of the project, I decided to land somewhere in the middle and improve scenes when I have spare time.

It so happens that I finished the core content in this update earlier than expected, so I went back and improved one of the oldest sex scenes as well as the renders surrounding it. I'm talking about the interrogation scene with Samarra and Nell, and the associated handjob. The entire sequence was weird for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the images were the most grainy of all renders in the whole game. Second, the "animation" had only two frames. Third, Nell looked really weird in some of these images because of a problem with her skin texture that I have since resolved. There are still a couple of scenes with her that might need fixing later, but for now, my focus was on this one. I recommend giving that scene another go to see the improvements for yourselves.

Anyway, that's enough rambling. Please enjoy the update!

Changelog 0.20.0:
  • You may now revisit the Fey Court.
  • Multiple new scenes with the Fairy Queen.
  • New scene with the Leanan Sídhe.
  • Completely revamped visuals and animation for the interrogation scene with Samarra and Nell.
  • One new musical track
  • Experimental: Map is shown automatically when you visit the streets in town while no other events are occurring.
  • The map is now dimmed during nighttime.
  • Primrose's sex menu didn't show if you missed one of her optional scenes. It should now be visible if you've had sex with her at all.
  • Removed references to non-existing face animation for Evelyn that caused issues for Android users.
Belle

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects