Rebirth of Eden

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Re: Rebirth of Eden

Postby Nobudi » Fri May 03, 2019 4:07 am

Penny watched as the forest dropped to reveal an open space, and in there was... a sawmill? She wasn't quite sure if it was or not, considering she'd never seen one before, let alone in action. And then came what she believed to be the school: a rather impressive campus considering they were basically in the middle of nowhere.

As they slowed down and disembarked, she kept mostly to herself, with rather wide eyes. Best not to open her mouth and stick her foot down it immediately. She did watch and try to gauge everyone else's reactions. It was a little amusing.
Nobudi

Postby Littlemankitten » Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm

Cairi of course stays silent for the rest of the ride, listening to what the bus driver was saying though. A university built in the middle of a no-name laborer community? Well, she supposed it made sense given if it was try everyone there had powers, shooting laser beams or who knows what else into the surrounding area would cause damage unsuitable for a city. By the time the university itself came into view, Cairi had calmed down a little, given she had focused on taking deep breaths for the past 15 or so minutes. She had calmed down enough to talk to Aile again even. "This place looks even more out of place then we did back home." she commented quietly. When the bus finally stops, she would sigh and follow Aile out of the bus. Looking at the two people waiting for them, Cairi shuffled a little uncomfortably, trying to find a place and position she wouldn't stand out. She liked the look of that Zoey girl. She was sharp looking and pretty. The other guy looked to much like someone that would pressure her. She of course ignored the fact she was friends with Aile as she thought that.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Sat May 11, 2019 6:08 am

Amaranis A'daragon Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

While not the most impressive campus ever, the idea of a new life in something that isn't a bunch of log cabins or a prison looking camp in the middle of nowhere is promising. A new life where you wouldn't be the freak hiding a secret, you would be the normal ones. Another minute passes before the bus pulls in front of the main building, and stops. The driver stands up, opens the door, and turns to all of you.

"Well, we're finally here. Welcome to Eden University, where everyone is as freaky as you. Well, maybe not. Who knows? Anyways, get out and meet the welcoming committee. I'm sure some of you will enjoy it here."

As you all exit the bus, you all see three people waiting for you. One is a slightly red faced girl wearing a suit, another girl wearing a blouse and red skirt, and a guy who looks like his idea of fun is messing with the stuck up girl. The girl in the suit steps up, and clears her throat.

"Hello, and welcome to our school! My name is Zoey, and we are here to show you around your new home for the next few years."

Aile looked through the window at the campus, which looked about how she expected it would. While it was nothing like what she had experienced during her time at 'home', it looked like what she had expected of non-shitty campuses. Her thoughts are interrupted by Cairi finally speaking to her again "I suppose so, but let's focus on the fact that we're at least less out of place here~" she says, giving her a smile.

When the bus stops, Aile steps out of it, Cairi following behind her. She quickly scans the three people greeting them, deciding the male looks like a freaking faggot, and she should probably keep an eye on him, not only to figure out what his power is, but also to watch for his antics, since when they pulled up it looked like he was harassing the girl in the ugly-ass suit, marking him as a mischievous person, at best.

She mostly ignores the stupid trick pulled by the magician chick, this is something every magician ever has done, and it's not even remotely interesting. If she pulled something like that in a fight, it would accomplish jack-shit. She does, however, decide to quickly strut up to the girl in the suit who had introduced herself as Zoey and give her a quick, overly firm handshake "Ah, nice to meet you Zoey, I'm Aile, this is Cairi." she says, using her free hand to motion towards Cairi. She decided to ignore the faggot and the pair tits attached to a girl, for now at least, she only needed to introduce herself to the uptight-looking one, since she'll likely be yelling at her constantly.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sun May 19, 2019 4:13 am

Zoey jumps a bit at the sudden appearance of a rabbit, watching it run off into the woods. After she makes sure the rabbit is now out of sight, she accepts Aile's hand, and shakes it. While she is trying to maintain a pleasant smile, Aile can easily tell her grip is definitely stronger than this girl is used to.

"Well, thank you for putting a name to a face. I hope you f-find a new home here. You too Cairi."

Zoey tries to maintain the grip on Aile's hand, as if to try and not show weakness or something. However, she eventually lets so, massaging her hand a bit. While tending her hand, she turns to Ada to answer her question.

"Well, that was...something. Anyways, I am a telepath. As long as I know a person's name and face - and they're within a certain distance - I can communicate with them. Sometimes use fun things like giant alarm clock to wake sleepy students out of their beds."

Zoey shoots a sidelong glance at her two companions, who proceed to ignore her. Andy immediately moves over to Jennifer, and starts bombarding her with questions.

"Okay, nice to meet you. Was that rabbit yours? Did it pee on your head in that hat? Did you get permission to bring a pet here? What was it's name? How will you find it aga-"

"ANDY! On task for once! Geez, how you can focus on anything is beyond me!"

After Zoey yells at Andy, she coughs lightly and tries to compose herself.

"So, as you can all see, there are only three major buildings here that most of you will need to worry about. The one to our left is the dormitory. Unfortunately, it is co-ed, but it is divided by floors. The boys get the lower floors, and the women get the higher floors. The bottom floor is also the rec area, and there are shower facilities on each floor."

Zoey gestures to the building in question, looking like a apartment building. The bottom floor has larger windows than the upper floors, and none of the floors have a balcony of any kind. You can see some people milling about both inside and outside of the building, indicating it to be the main hangout spot for most students.

"Next, we have the building behind me. This is the instructional building. Here, you will find any and all classes and clubs that are not...physical oriented."
"My favorite kind."

Zoey's eyebrows twitch visibly, trying to not snap at Andy. Andy, however, looks quite happy with the reaction he is getting out of his companion. Stepping forward, he takes over the instructions.

"So, last building on the right: called the physical care facility. Anything you need to work out indoors, first floor. Pool and basketball court included. Second floor is more things like stationary bikes and boring stuff like yoga. Above that, hospital facilities. Because we are who we are, we get hurt. Now you don't have to go a different hospital or hide your injuries every time you're hurt. Behind class building, there is a field that usually has a soccer game going. Swimming in the lake is allowed. Hiking is allowed, groups encouraged. Any questions or places you girls wanna check out?"
Last edited by Amaranis A'daragon on Mon May 27, 2019 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby Blue56 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 am

Jennifer finds the other students reactions to her trick disappointing to say the very least. Hardly any reaction at all from most of them, save the girl who screamed and fell over. Sure, she had started out with something simple just to get the crowd warmed up, so it was understandable that nobody was particularly impressed, but there was no way Jennifer could believe that rabbits in hats were commonplace for all these people. Just as she's written it off as a loss, Andy gives her the sort of reaction she was looking for in the form of a barrage of questions. The surprised look on her face comes naturally, but she did add a bit of flush to her cheeks, particularly around the question of rabbit's peeing on her head. It seemed as though he was more of an animal lover than a magic enthusiast though based on his line of questioning.

Jennifer would have been more than happy to answer all of his questions, but Zoey cuts him off before Andy had even finished asking them all. Instead, Jennifer gives him a completely innocent smile and raises the brim of her hat slightly, allowing her fake rabbit to poke it's head out curiously to show that she already had him back. "Let's talk about it later, ok?" She says with just the slightest hint of a seductive tone in her voice, before lowering her hat once more, dispelling the illusion just in case, and turning her attention back to Zoey. Andy's reaction told her that he was unaware of what she could do, and by Zoey's description she could project thoughts but not extract them, assuming she was being honest. Still it would be nice to learn more about this school from Andy and he seemed like he might be fun to toy with.

The brief rundown of the campus makes it sound rather pleasant. Quaint perhaps by her standards, but a nice change of pace. The biggest change will be living in a dorm rather than her family's estate. The rest of it she could explore later, but living with others was something she was most concerned about. "Do we get our own rooms in the dorms, or will we have to share?" Jennifer asks once the time for questions comes. Having a roommate sounded like it could be both fun and troublesome at the same time, a most exciting prospect.
Last edited by Blue56 on Mon May 20, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue56

Postby Lorielle » Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 am

Eliza is more than happy to let her peers give a run down of the facilities, Eliza was there more for support anyway. The new batch of students did seem rather.. strange? A lot of them stole a glance at her and for a few of them it was obvious what they were looking at. But she was more than happy to flaunt her stuff she knew she looked good and definitely didnt mind having people appreciate the time and effort it took to maintain her body. Looking towards the girl with the rabbit giving her a gentle smile as she answers her question.

"Well the dorms are quite spacious and there arent too many students, many of your seniors will have their own rooms, i dont see why you wouldnt but if you wanted to bunk with someone in particular im sure that can be arrange. " She says in rather light tone wanting to give the best impression to the other students. The redhead gives everyone another once over before shifting over close to Zoey. "Are we done here? Standing around seems sort of weird.. Andy seems more than happy to give the actual tour." She whispers to the blonde.
Lorielle

Postby exalted » Sun May 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Rey blushed as she picked herself up and dusted herself off, hoping not attract any more unwelcome attention or embarrass herself further. She gulped as she heard the boy talk about the students routinely hurting themselves and wondered exactly what just happened around this place.

"Oh... ummmmm... ahhh," she muttered nervously as the guides asked if there were any questions, "Are students allowed to park cars here.... I mean I had one... but.. had to leave it at the...."

Her voice trailed off and she looked down glumly at having drawn attention to herself again.
exalted

Postby Firehead » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Ada turned as the rabbit appeared and scurried away surprised when it reappeared but something felt off about it to her. She usually had a pretty good sense for animals and their mood especially, but this one almost seemed like it didn't feel anything, so she was reasonably curious about it. "Is your rabbit okay? Something about it doesn't feel right, somehow."

She turned back to the older girl that was the only one to react to her question about powers. "Oh, I'm Ada, Ada Reoul. Pleased to meet you." There was no sign of hesitation as she handed her name over to the telepath as if giving her permission to contact her any time. She stopped to think about the described facilities, and what she'd want to see first, and the thing she wanted most was the whatever involved the most moving around possible. "Could we get a look at some of the hiking trails? I could really do for a walk after all that sitting and waiting." She took a moment to start stretching her arms and legs a bit ready for a bit of activity.
Firehead

Postby Nobudi » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Penny was pensive, now knowing that just about everyone here was gifted in a similar manner to her. But she was just a nobody who could turn invisible, how was that special in an other way aside from the obvious? At least she hadn't a reason to use her ability, but she did wonder about the whole "getting injured" bit. If they had medical facilities here, then they were expecting injuries above the norm, weren't they? She hoped quietly that wasn't the case.

When it came time for questions, she quirked an eyebrow and asked, "Dress codes of any sort? Any sort of convenience store that we can access?" This should be obvious, in a school in the middle of no where, but who knew? Maybe there would be?
Nobudi

Postby mrblah » Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm

"..." Of course, Bristol continued her loner act, not looking at anyone in particular and mostly pretending they didn't exist. But she was always listening in on their conversations. When Zoey's power was brought up, Bristol snuck a suspicious glance over to her. Telepath? With those prerequisites? How annoying. Keeping her name secret would be all but impossible in this super-powered school. They likely already had her name in their databases, for one, and even if they didn't it's likely there's a whole slew of people here who could simply read her mind or something. If she ever had to fight Zoey, her best bet would be to rush her and make her panic too much to think coherently.

Bristol took more interest into the group once the tour started. She knew the values of having a lay of the land in case the proverbial and hypothetical shit hits the fan, which was a lesson impressed upon her through the experience of NOT having it. "Women get the higher floors... what a fuckin' privilege." She'd vastly prefer to be on ground level. If you're above or below it, escaping becomes more difficult. When the time for questions came, Bristol waited a beat for the others to offer their own. She wanted to be sure she wouldn't repeat a request already made—and thanks to her patience, she cleared one she had in her head. The hiking trails seemed fairly important to know about. She enjoyed the exercise, for one, but knowledge of the hiking trails would also prove useful in most situations. "Do we get pick our rooms and fill 'em with whatever we want?"
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Soru » Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am

Rosa mostly just listens as the three that greeted them talk, telling them about the school a bit such as what and where all the buildings are and what each one holds. She makes sure to keep a mental note of this so she knows where to go in the future. Luckily for her and the others they all should have their own rooms and for those that want to bunk with someone they can according to one of the three. "I have a question." She speaks up a bit. "So what kind of classes can we expect? I assume we're not going to have only normal ones considering the... kind of students that attend here." She says, referring to the fact that all of them have powers. "Just...with how varying powers can be... I assume we'll have classes specific to our powers."
Soru

Postby Mark3000 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:05 am

Abigail barely registered the one girl's little display. A rabbit out of a hat was the oldest trick in the book. Only Children would be impressed by it, which apparently Andy was.

As the two students gave a rundown of the facilities, Abigail made special note of the dorms and the instructional building. Despite her surly attitude, Abigail was eager to learn about controlling her powers. If for no other reason then to make these headaches to end. Speaking of, she couldn't wait to unload her stuff into her room. Though it seemed like all the questions she had were already asked. "No questions from me. Just need to know where I can park my shit." Abigail said with a disinterested tone.
Mark3000

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Tue May 28, 2019 4:14 am

After she had shook Zoey's hand, she tried not to smile when she started rubbing it, amusing her mildly. She had thought for a moment that she may have had some kind of super strength, however her reaction to Aile's handshake showed that wasn't it. She soon follows that up by stating that she's a telepath, which makes her idea with the hand-shaking totally redundant. With that out of the way, she pretends to continue listening as she makes her way over to the red-head, who hadn't bothered introducing herself yet. Knowing full well that she was trying to ask Zoey if they were done here, which only made her more eager to prevent her from excusing herself "Oh, hey, you haven't introduced yourself yet, I'm Aile, this is Cairi" she says, bumping into her and resting an arm on her shoulder "How about you show us the interiors of the buildings, since all we got was a rundown of everything, uhhh... ahhh... " she then pretended to forget her name, knowing full well she hadn't introduced herself yet "You either haven't given us a name, or I forgot it, so why don't you remind us?" she asks, with a winning smile, both to Eliza and to Cairi, so that Cairi knows she's messing around. In the midst of this, she also hears the girl with the headphones and short blond hair ask a good question, and just to annoy her, she repeats it back to Eliza "You know, that's a legitimate, question, do we get to pick our rooms? If so, how many people can fit into a single room?" she asks, passing Bristol a mischievous grin.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Littlemankitten » Tue May 28, 2019 4:30 am

Cairi purses her lips a little as Aile shakes Zoey's hand, her paranoia telling her Zoey would get angry in some way, but she was relieved to find out that was not the case. She stayed mostly quiet throughout the tour but paid close attention to where everything was and what they were, as to not get lost in the future. She of course, stayed very close to Aile, not quite pressed up against her but as close as one could get otherwise, her hands frequently finding themselves in her hair to twirl it around. Once they stopped for questions, Cairi wondered how dorms would be decided. This was quickly taken up by Aile and Bristol however, so thankfully she didn't have to say anything. Though she could tell Aile wasn't done with Bristol yet. She wanted to say something to try and stop Aile from causing more trouble, but in the end she just stayed quiet and waited for the answer before doing anything else.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Previous

Return to Roleplay