Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straight]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straig

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Yorna v0.7 is up and ready for download. You can check the patch notes here and get the game here:

Windows – Google Disk | Mega mirror
MacOS X – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Linux family – Google Disk | Mega mirror

Don't forget to copy your whole save folder inside the new release!
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:43 am

Got as far as I could, the confusion "spell" (given that it's a roar) does make things quite interesting! A couple of things that I caught...

1) When you beat Lizzy and she goes to the castle, Ada said "not" too much. As in "It's not a not a not a cave"

2) The jinko and panda-babe show up in the castle (and both are hilarious) yet...both the jinko and panda are regular enemies, is there a reason why they show up? (other than to provide quite humorous interactions, the jinko especially...do you have a cat?)

3) Can't find where the treasure for the village is, assuming it's the vagabond camp because it's the only one with trees that are large. Also unsure on the old map where it's trying to say the treasure is

4) One of the weapon enchantments has the weapon name among the requirements, does that make it impossible to get? Also not sure where to get the Talon...

I do love this, having more or less crushed the main boss (I think) and had her flee to the floating island was enjoyable. Rather doubt it, but were you a fan of an old SNES game called Lufia and the Fortress of Doom? (That game has a floating island too)
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:35 pm

musical74 Wrote:Got as far as I could, the confusion "spell" (given that it's a roar) does make things quite interesting! A couple of things that I caught...

1) When you beat Lizzy and she goes to the castle, Ada said "not" too much. As in "It's not a not a not a cave"

2) The jinko and panda-babe show up in the castle (and both are hilarious) yet...both the jinko and panda are regular enemies, is there a reason why they show up? (other than to provide quite humorous interactions, the jinko especially...do you have a cat?)

3) Can't find where the treasure for the village is, assuming it's the vagabond camp because it's the only one with trees that are large. Also unsure on the old map where it's trying to say the treasure is

4) One of the weapon enchantments has the weapon name among the requirements, does that make it impossible to get? Also not sure where to get the Talon...

I do love this, having more or less crushed the main boss (I think) and had her flee to the floating island was enjoyable. Rather doubt it, but were you a fan of an old SNES game called Lufia and the Fortress of Doom? (That game has a floating island too)

1) Yeah, this one ducked under the radar during the final check. I already fixed it for v0.8.

2) I didn’t want to exclusively show boss girls only and added some common girls to the mix. Panda girl immediately showed potential with the little guy on her staff. Jinko was the sole slot for “normal“ feline characters since Mio is more child-like in her behavior. And, yes, I have a furball >>

3) The village map was in the game before the vagabond camp. So~o ruling out the church, the starting village the mansion and the desert town - what village is on the global map? The old map shows you a location inside Mortimer’s tower, upper levels. You can get there during the main plot via a teleport close to a rubble blockade.

4) This one allows you to strengthen the blade you get from the pieces. There are 3 pieces in total inside different puzzle zones. Collecting them all will allow you to reforge the blade at the desert town and then enchant it inside your castle‘s lab. Your choice during this conversation determines what sword you’ll get and its stats. Different blades have different upgrades and the enchanting requires the old blade as a base.

Hmm… Can’t say I’m familiar with this one. I killed a lot of time with SNES but it was so long ago, plus at that time I was more up for action or arcade gameplay.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 pm

The release v0.8 is ready and you can download it here. Let’s see what it brings aside from the usual story + treasure hunt + puzzle. This changelog takes the title of the biggest in Yorna’s history, so I’ll hide the details under a spoiler.

Oh, by the way, don’t panic If you remember pipe puzzle in League of Corruption. This time it’s an easier version and you can solve it without being keen on hearing sound differences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

H scenes and art

This update brings 4 new scenes to discover. First one features gargoyle from the new location – the floating island and it has 2 usual variations – lewd and the normal one. The same goes for the cheshire in the same zone.

Jinko (the tiger girl) received a new domination scene. To get this one, you must defeat her with lust magic only. The last H encounter is inside Octa church – the confessionals are available, don’t forget to check them out. Both these scenes have only one variation.

I’m placing domination and factional scenes (nun and vagabond) at the end of the gallery so they won’t mix with the regular H events.

Mobile version package

Now you have an option to play Yorna on Android devices! I’ll upload the apk file with other versions from now on. A fair warning – I can’t test it out on all devices with all possible screen resolutions and system software. Contact me about any problems you encounter and add all available information to speed up the fixing. I ironed out all problems for my devices, but you never know…

So, what’s the difference between, let’s say, Windows version and Android? They are similar, yet the mobile version has some special functions. To emulate pressing “Escape” on the keyboard you either can perform a double finger tap (or whatever it’s truly called) or hit the button in the lower right corner.

Since you don’t have a control button on your mobile device, you can activate the auto-battle feature by pressing on the text itself. Aside from this, it works the same way on the laptop.

You won’t have save issues between mobile versions, I already tested this possibility. Since the ID of the game stays the same, trying to install a newer version will update your current one without deleting your progress.

There’s still a convenience issue with Ada’s big “on-map” sprite which you can hide by pressing Q. I can think of at least 2 options how to introduce this feature in the mobile version, but I don’t have the time to implement and properly test them before v0.8 release. So, this will have to wait for the next update.

Castle changes and improvements

You can find a new string in the options menu called “Intra-Castle Movement”. It’s a toggle between ”Yard Only” and ”All Rooms”. If ”Yard Only” option is chosen, Yorna uses the same logic as before and nothing changes from previous releases. ”All Rooms” toggle will display ”gate” movement menu each time you leave a room so you can choose your destination. With this option, you don’t have to exit to the courtyard and then use the gate to move into a different room.

This option uses ”All Rooms” by default since the majority wanted to see this in the feedback poll. Players can toggle this feature at any moment. The change takes an immediate effect and you don’t have to restart the game.

Also, don’t forget to check out Ada’s room inside the castle. If you watched all the scenes about Ayane and Mio, the kitsune will offer special training. It will help with Ada’s magical powers and feature a special evening just for them… Or not?

As always, visit the laboratory to check for new formulas and upgrades, especially if you’ll breach floating island’s vault.

Interface changes

I changed how herbal tea’s logic works. Now the game checks how many cups you have and allows drinking it by 1, 5, 10 or 15 cups at once. The tea still can’t lower Ada’s lewd level below 5 and I prepared for it - the game calculates the excess cups and refunds them. If you have less than 5 cups in the inventory, nothing changes during drinking.

Players no longer need to confirm the target for beneficial skills like a Heal and Mend on the “on-map” menu. Cleared the target window for buff/heal skills.

Added hints for the first factional quests. You can check them just like before – use the “Help” button inside the “on-map” menu.

To bring up factional dialogues closer to an established standard with important story cutscenes, I added Ada’s big “on-map” sprite to them. This change affects longer scenes.

You can read more about all the features here.

Small improvements and fixes

Doors inside the mansion’s basement no longer require hitting action button for interaction. Now they activate just by a touch.

Fixed several scenes which didn’t unlock in the gallery if players already got a different variation from the same encounter (lusty/normal) if “Skip Watched Scenes” was on.

Corrected lewd lever requirements for some dresses and their warning pop-up messages.

Grammar and NPC tag fixes in dialogues.

Fixed lava caves entrance zone – columns no longer cut the top of Ada’s hair if she goes close enough to them.

Deleted incorrect “End of the content” message during a dialogue with Serena after rescuing her.

Fixed gates inside puzzle zones. They no longer shift if players try to interact with them. This doesn’t affect the puzzle’s logic in any way.

Gave default Ada’s dress a bit of a touch up to better represent her clothes.

Expanded the walking zone on the stairs in the castle’s lab.

Mend no longer damages Ada during a crit. Yes, you read this right.

Added autosave function to the exit inside cultist lair with tenta-girls.

Synced all in-combat text boxes to a dimmed variation without a border.

Added lewd skill exp to domination scenes.

That’s all, folks! As always, if you don’t like something in the game – tell me and if you like Yorna – tell your friends. Stay tuned for upcoming developer plans and monster girl poll!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Hello! Another month, another release and it’s time to talk about what I will do in the upcoming month aside from the usual story + puzzle + treasure hunting combo.

Before we begin - don’t forget to participate in the new monster girl poll for Yorna v0.9.

Let’s start with H stuff. You can expect 2 normal scenes - one for the boss and the other one for common enemies. As usual, they will arrive with normal and lewd versions. Aside from this, I’ll finish vagabond’s factional quest line and add an H event to it. Its codename is ”Operation Penetration” featuring Jinko and Raiju. You can also expect at least one domination scene in v0.9.

To sum it all up, the update will bring at least 4 new H events with 6 scenes.

Android version is already available to patrons and I’m waiting for feedback. Soon enough it will be open for everyone during the public release. Feel free to send me what you think about it and your ideas about how the game could be improved interface-wise.

Factional quests - I’ll finish vagabond’s quest line in a rather interesting way :) Nuns will receive some attention too yet I’m not sure if their line will end in v0.9. This depends on my workload and free time - I have some business trips planned for the next month.

If you like the mini-scenes, you’ll get at least two in the upcoming update. Since Ada’s room is already has a lot of them, I’ll expand into different zones like the herb garden, your castle’s courtyard and possibly the village. Players and detective Mio will have a chance to learn more about other monster girls :)

Since I mentioned the castle, let’s touch the lab too. It will receive new formulas, including the final form of the named blades (like Talon and Companion) to help Ada in the final battle with Yorna.

Also, some players mentioned they wanted to get panda’s dress, and it’s doable within v0.9 development window. You can expect at least one new dress.

As I already mentioned earlier, there are some quality of life changes planned too. Like removing target confirm for food and potions - players simply don't need them since Ada doesn't have a sidekick.

These are the main points for April -> May development. Stay tuned for updates and previews!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 pm

Version 0.9 monster girl poll is over and it’s time to announce the winner.

Doppelganger wins with 62 points, Dark Matter gets the second place with 42 while Demon finishes with the 3rd place and 26 points. Dark Elf ends up with a score of 18 and Dullahan gets 11. Vampire finishes with 8 and Imp gets only 4 votes.

Thanks for participating and your support :)
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue May 07, 2019 6:01 pm

The last Yorna update is up for public download. This time I added Android version to the packs – try it out! You can check the changelog here and get the game here:

Android - Google Disk | Mega mirror

Yeehaw Games

Postby AN0N » Wed May 08, 2019 8:57 pm

I like this game but I have one complaint: I spent a lot of time farming the lust level only to realize later on that some dresses require a lust level below a certain value. Now I can't truly 100% this without restarting with a better stategy or more farming. WHY U DO THIS. WHO PLAYS THIS GAME AND TRIES TO KEEP THE LUST LEVEL DOWN??

Also, what are you planning for the game? Like, how big should it be? How much bigger in relation to the current build? Or are you just developing new content until you hit a corner or get bored of it?
AN0N

Postby Yeehaw Games » Thu May 09, 2019 12:17 pm

AN0N Wrote:I like this game but I have one complaint: I spent a lot of time farming the lust level only to realize later on that some dresses require a lust level below a certain value. Now I can't truly 100% this without restarting with a better stategy or more farming. WHY U DO THIS. WHO PLAYS THIS GAME AND TRIES TO KEEP THE LUST LEVEL DOWN??

Also, what are you planning for the game? Like, how big should it be? How much bigger in relation to the current build? Or are you just developing new content until you hit a corner or get bored of it?

You can reduce the lust level with an herbal tea from sand town’s temple after you meet Ayane in the forest. There’s no need to restart the game or plan some kind of a special strategy for H events.

v0.9 arrives around May 15th and v1.0 will be the final update story-wise. I’ll post more info about future plans once we reach this moment.
Yeehaw Games

Postby AN0N » Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Yeehaw Games Wrote:
AN0N Wrote:I like this game but I have one complaint: I spent a lot of time farming the lust level only to realize later on that some dresses require a lust level below a certain value. Now I can't truly 100% this without restarting with a better stategy or more farming. WHY U DO THIS. WHO PLAYS THIS GAME AND TRIES TO KEEP THE LUST LEVEL DOWN??

You can reduce the lust level with an herbal tea from sand town’s temple after you meet Ayane in the forest. There’s no need to restart the game or plan some kind of a special strategy for H events.

v0.9 arrives around May 15th and v1.0 will be the final update story-wise. I’ll post more info about future plans once we reach this moment.

but.. but... I'd really hate to see that number drop.

Well, I am interested in what you'll be doing with the game after 1.0. Guess I'll have to stay tuned (not that I wouldn't otherwise).
AN0N

Postby Yeehaw Games » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

The release v0.9 is ready and you can download it here. Let’s see what it brings aside from the usual story + treasure hunt + puzzle.

H scenes and art

This update brings 4 new scenes. First one features dark matter in the new location, and it has 2 usual variations – lewd and the normal one. The same goes for the doppler, the boss of version 0.9

Nereid gets a new domination scene. Same as always, to get this one, you must defeat her with lust magic only. The last H encounter is tied with vagabond’s optional questline. I hardly recommend checking the finale of this questline – it’s pretty funny. Both these scenes have only one variation.

I’m placing domination and factional scenes (nereid and raiju x vagabond) at the end of the gallery so they won’t mix with the regular H events.

New dress

Players asked for a new dress and I decided to go with pandarian garb to provide a high level option for warrior-like approach. It has a powerful skill for melee combat, so if you prefer brute forcing your enemies – check out Diana’s shop after beating Desona.

Scenes and optional content

You can find a new mini-scene with Mio and Gabriella inside the garden. Since this update was more focused on finishing vagabond’s optional quest arc, most of the time went there.

Now you can finish vagabond’s plotline – check the help button in the “on-map” menu if you don’t remember where you were in the quest chain. It doesn’t require much time to wrap it up and I recommend doing so. You’ll learn more about Raiju and her “Big Hero” in the process.

Castle changes

Check you your lab! After days of hard work, Serena managed to devise formulas for most powerful weapons to help you. Namely, each of the puzzle swords (Talon, Companion and Spellblade) received their last upgrade.

They require quite a bit of money and rare materials yet they are worth it!

Made kitchen and lab maps bigger so Ada’s on-map sprite won’t hide the walkable zones.

Lust draft and alchemist quest

Players asked for a way to bump up Ada’s lust level similar to herbal tea. After completing the first part of the alchemist’s quest in the starter village, she will gladly sell lust drafts. These items work as the herbal tea with one exception – drinking it will increase the lewd level.

If you have several bottles in the inventory, the game will offer several options: drink 1, 5, 10 or 15 bottles at once. A convenient option for players who want to play around with Ada’s lewd level.

Please note, drinking lust draft won’t upgrade your lewd skills, just the lewd level.

Small improvements and fixes

Fixed shop scroll for mobile devices. Now it allows checking all options in the list.

Fixed color code sometimes popping up with the hint in the lower part of the screen after using items during dialogues.

Intra-castle movement now works correctly with all variations of the castle, including the clean, non-upgraded version.

Swapped the second scepter of power from the lava depths zone for oakheart staff. If you already cleared the zone and got the scepter, check out castle’s lounge. I added a new npc who sells some weapons, including oakheart.

Fixed a rare bug where scenes with warnings didn’t unlock gallery entries after getting the scenes.

Now you need to press the action button or click on lumberjack’s village to enter it. This way you won’t get inside if you were walking somewhere else and stepped into the village by chance.

Cleared empty choice window after the player picks shopping option.

Potions no longer require a confirmation to use in battle. Since Ada fights alone there’s only one target.

Deleted the extra text block in nun’s scene.

Grammar and typo fixes in some scenes and intra-castle movement menu.

Talon family swords now properly apply bleeding on successful hits. Fixed a bug where “on hit” logic was skipped.

--=--

That’s all, folks! As always, if you don’t like something in the game – tell me and if you like Yorna – tell your friends. Stay tuned for upcoming developer plans and monster girl poll!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat May 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello! Another month, another release and it’s time to talk about what I will do in the upcoming month aside from the usual combo.

Before we begin - don’t forget to participate in the new monster girl poll for Yorna v1.0.

Let’s start with H stuff. You can expect 2 normal scenes - one for the boss and the other one for a common enemy. As usual, they will arrive with normal and lewd versions. You can expect at least one domination scene in v0.9.

After completing vagabond quest line, I’m planning to finish nuns next. Most likely they won’t get a second H event, just cutscenes and some rewards for following the quest chain to the end.

Android version will get some tuning based on players’ feedback. Feel free to pitch it and suggest something or point out something you want to change.

This month, I’ll try my best to finish Yorna’s plotline and implement all the three planned endings. So, v1.0 will be the last update with story content. What will be my next step?

In short, we’ll enter an interlude where I’ll be adding new content to Yorna while players will choose a new project from a few options. After this, I’ll draft out the winner and switch over to the new game. I’ll give more details after releasing v1.0.

The last point is a technical one - crashes. I pointed out several code areas which may contain the problem. For this month, this will be the second goal importance-wise. Yes, the autosave somewhat softens the issue yet looks like the next game will use RPG Maker too. Thus, I’m very interested to solve this problem.

Sadly, there‘s no guarantees and support teams both from RPG Maker and nwjs can‘t give me an answer even after 4 months and full access to the game code.

These are the main points for May -> June development. Stay tuned for updates and previews!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Wed May 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Version 1.0 monster girl poll is over and it’s time to announce the winner.

Titania wins with 63 points and Genie gets the second place with 49. Ryu finishes with the 3rd place and 36 points. Last 3 contestants ended up very close to each other. Hakutaku ends up with 17 and Akaname gets 16. Alraune finishes with only 14 votes.

Thanks for participating and your support :)
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun May 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Yeap, after more testing I’m fairly sure the crashes are gone for good. Now I need to fiddle with the code a bit more to circumvent the faulty logic and test out save compatibility with the fix.

Some players reached out to me with a mobile version problem - the pack-up script didn’t include some sound files. I’m working on the solution and testing the script with various configs so the situation won’t happen in the future.

With some luck, I’ll be able to finish before the next release wave for v0.9.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Yorna v0.9 is up and ready for download, You can check the full patch notes here and get the game here:

Android – Google Disk | Mega mirror

Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:00 pm

You can download the game here. This release marks the final story update for Yorna but I’ll make several content packs for it in upcoming months.

I’ll post more info about this in the next development plans + a bit inside “What’s next?” section in the changelog.

Don’t worry, after completing the main storyline and watching ending sequence, you can continue playing to solve remaining puzzles, get all the scenes (including the ones I’ll add later) or simply watch mini-cutscenes with monster girls.

Yorna has 3 main endings + optional outcomes for factions, Octa church and vagabonds. Getting any ending will unlock all dress graphics so you can check them out in the gallery. Perhaps you missed some?

Oh, and don’t forget to prepare for Yorna’s fight. As the final boss, she can surprise you.

H scenes and art

v1.0 brings two usual scenes with lewd and normal variations for common enemies and the boss. New domination event features the gnoll. As always, you can find new scenes towards the end of the gallery.

Desona’s normal scene and doppler’s lewd scene no longer fade out the screen in the gallery’s replay mode if the short length was chosen in options. Gargoyle’s slutty scene now plays as intended. Sorry for these glitches.

Nun questline ending and cutscenes

Finished Octa church’s optional quests in v1.0. Each quest step has hints. You can meet one of Ada’s old acquaintances during it and get a useful talisman as a reward. It may come very handy in Yorna’s boss fight.

Added a mini-event with the honeybee in the castle’s garden if you decided to help her with honey.

Tech stuff

Crash problem fix. While I released it before the final v1.0, it’s a big change and I decided to list it here. If you still encounter any kind of issues – contact me with all available info. Autosave feature stays even with its main enemy defeated for convenience sake.

Fixed geometry and shadows in several areas – lava depths, Mortimer’s tower, Grey castle and cultist caves with dark matter.

Fixed passive effect from “Clarity” skill. Now it correctly applies mana regen to all battles.

Fixed combat sprites showing above interface in boss fights. Now they are properly layered under it.

Small fixes and improvements

Lust draft received appropriate item info.

Adjusted Astrum’s (dress) details to reflect that its mana regen is passive and works even out of combat as intended.

Corrected 2 issues with total clear counters inside the mansion and Grey laboratory.

Fixed Serena arrival at the castle before you save her from Desona.

Ada’s no longer briefly invisible after losing to dark matter or doppler and teleporting to Ayane’s shrine.

Fixed missing icon for the tray.

Fixed some dresses to correctly work with Ada’s undressing. Previously they retained original clothes instead of showing naked sprites.

Fixed static cursor during code input for the shady guy if you didn’t use the keyboard to change between digits.

Sex sounds no longer play after gallery’s H events in the mansion are over.

What’s next?

It’s only a brief description of my plans and I’ll give all the detail in the upcoming dev.plans. In short, I’ll prepare several posts about game drafts I have in mind for the next project. These will be public, just as the poll for deciding the new game. Patrons will have their voting power increased to reflect their contribution, no worries here.

The poll will be up for about 2 weeks so players can think about the options meanwhile I’ll try to contact news sites and forums to get more eyes on Yorna and the new project discussion. Any help in this regard is deeply appreciated.

Setting the new game aside, Yorna will receive a content update each month. Typically, such packs will contain new H scenes (domi events + mansion), mini-cutscenes with different monster girls. Maybe I’ll add a new optional quest or two, depends on the workload. Don’t want to add stupid fetch errands.

Can’t give an exact number of months before the next project goes live but Yorna will receive monthly updates up to the point where the new game takes over as the main project. As a rough approximation, I’d say the interlude will be around 3 months.

I’ll provide more info on new features I want to add and reports about each phase of preparation later. Let’s just say I’m planning to bring fully animated scenes in a new way, without League of Corruption’s flaws. Among other things…

See you in the next developer’s plans!
Yeehaw Games

Postby MiscChaos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Not gonna lie, I became unable to play for a long while back around the time you released 0.4b. It's amazing to see how far this has come since then and how much more there is to do. Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to both further updates for Yorna and your next big project.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:36 pm

MiscChaos Wrote:Not gonna lie, I became unable to play for a long while back around the time you released 0.4b. It's amazing to see how far this has come since then and how much more there is to do. Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to both further updates for Yorna and your next big project.

Thanks! Always glad to see happy players.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 pm

It’s time to discuss detailed plans for June -> July period and beyond. A fair warning – it will be a pretty big post but it’s necessary to create an understandable picture of my plans for Yorna and the interlude. Okay, let’s start with Yorna and immediate future.

Yorna’s future and updates

As I already mentioned in v1.0 changelog, Yorna will receive monthly updates until I can fully switch my attention to the new game. The next update will bring at least 3 new scenes aside from some game polishing.

At the same time, I’ll try to get some distribution platforms like Nutaku and Steam so more players could try my creations. Tell your friends if you liked the game, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thing is – these are shops and most likely new updates will be exclusive to Patreon and these platforms. Of course, patrons will receive all the new content, but free releases will stop at v1.0 as it will go public on July 7th. I’ll still support the free version logic-wise and fix the problems as they arise. Yorna’s exclusive version will receive EX name to avoid confusion.

EX will offer new H events, cutscenes with monster girls and possibly small optional activities. Yes, some of you may disapprove but let’s be honest – distributing platforms most likely won’t be interested in free content and you can play the entire game story-wise by downloading Yorna from Patreon.

Picking the new project

First of all, you, as players will decide which draft will be my next big thing. I’ll post info about 4 options during this week so everyone could pick their favorite among different settings and main character’s gender. The poll is scheduled for the weekend and most likely will take about 2 weeks.

The poll will be public with vote power scaling along with your support. It will use similar logic to “monster girl” polls which we held before. Patrons receive their regular power +1 and down to a minimum of 2 power at Magus tier. Non-patron votes count as 1. You can check reward tiers for more details or ask me directly if not sure about the system.

I’ll post drafts with ideas in separate posts and then link them all into the poll. This way you can check all the info without searching Patreon.

Interlude before switching to the new game

Alright, so how much time will I need to build prototype release for a new game? The whole period roughly divides into 3 game dev phases.

In the first phase, I’ll pick new features or improve existing ones to use in the next project. There’s a lot of ideas and 100% won’t be able to implement them all. I need to filter more important features and try them out to be sure they are working. This way I can be sure which option will be doable and how much time they consume for support.

In the second phase, I’ll be working on the detailed plot and implementing picked features in rough prototypes. This will happen after players pick the winner from my drafts during the poll. Then artists can start with the art, user interface and the game will enter pre-alpha state.

In the third phase, the new project will be approaching a playable version and conclude the interlude period. Polishing, pre-final tweaking and final touches before rolling the first release out. At this time, I’ll update the Patreon with new rewards specific to the new game and mark it as my main project.

I’ll provide details for each phase in weekly reports as I’ll work through the steps. These posts will include work in progress art, scenes and animations along with sketches and other stuff.

Okay, how much time will each phase take? Can’t say for sure but a rough estimate is about 1 month each. Perhaps a bit more. Wait, isn’t this pretty long? Depends on your point of view because I only described my own, developer’s goals for this period. There’s a second side.

Logistics and team correction

Players who followed Yorna for some time know there’s a delay between reaching goals and actually receiving the benefits from them. It’s the time where I search for suitable artists, modifying the code and do other preparations.

A good example is the art commissions. You can find different styles in Yorna. While not bad by itself, some players prefer a single art style across the whole game. This mishmash wasn’t my wish, but I had to get new people working on the game after some artists decided to cycle out. Personal preferences, other offers, real life – everything can happen during year-long game development.

Thus, the interlude will give me time to prepare the artist team which will (hopefully) stay the same until the finish.

The second big point is skill polishing. I want to use animated H scenes in the next project and doing so will require quite a bit of trial and error to present you juicy scenes. Since there’s no option to hire a pro animator, we’ll have to duke it out with artists. The animation is interesting yet can be rather hard to do properly.

Also, I plan to contact some local bands to create our own tracks for the new game. Using freebies is okay but they aren’t perfect quality-wise and sometimes it’s hard to get a fitting one for locations or events.

That’s about it for the general plan. Ask me anything either on Patreon or via [email protected]
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:14 pm

The future poll is up! You can pick your favorite draft here.
Yeehaw Games

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects