Rebirth of Eden

For free-form roleplay about anything and everything!

Rebirth of Eden

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Prologue : School orientation

It has been a long journey for many of you. Some of you were fortunate enough to take a plane straight to Michigan, while others have taken public transportation or even hitchhiked to get here.

You all find yourselves getting to a small town that looks very...unassuming? Some of you would call it idyllic, while others would call it backwater. Following the instructions in the pamphlet, you all end up in a bus depot. After showing it to the workers there, they smile at you and tell you to wait in the lobby.

After the last student arrives, before they even sit down, a bus shows up, Eden University posted on the side. The door opens, and a pudgy, balding older man exits, telling you all to load your luggage on and get on.

(Feel free to talk about your journey to get here)
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Re: Rebirth of Eden

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 am

Ada stepped off of the bus stretching her legs. It had been a long trip of sitting for long periods of time with little to do followed by walking to the next bus sometimes even having to run to catch it, but she was finally here. She was glad she lived in Michigan as the trip had been long enough as it was. Still, she was in high spirits and surrounded by strangers or, as she liked to call them, new friends. As what she hoped was the last bus she'd ride in a long time started to pull up, she approached the nearest person to introduce herself. "Hi, I'm Ada. Isn't this exciting? I can't wait to see what this school is about. What's your name." She wondered if the person she was talking to had a power like she did. It was so hard not being able to talk about this with anyone. Having someone to talk to about her wonderful ability was so exciting that her words were jumbling together as they often did when she was overstimulated.

(Who wants to volunteer to have their character's ear talked off?)
Firehead

Postby Nobudi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:07 am

Penny wasn't quite sure of what she was expecting, coming all the way to Michigan. She had very few trips out of her home state of California, let alone by herself. Luckily, Mother and Father were kind enough to leave her with a ticket direct to Michigan, where she was to meet up with the school. The cab ride there was quiet, and she felt bad about how far the driver had to go in order to drop her off here, so she handed a fairly large tip before making it to the depot. The town itself was much quieter than she was used to, with the hustle and bustle of the city no longer in range of her senses, it was a tad unsettling. The greenery was familiar, considering her home was built right next to a massive park.

Taking a seat next to a brunette girl, who began to rapidly chatter, she did what she had always done when she was the center of attention: Zone out, pretend to listen and nod every once in a while, and maybe listen if what they were saying was interesting. With a quick introduction to Ada, she flashed a quick smile and brought her hand out to shake. "Penny, from California."

That's it, smile and nod.
Nobudi

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:07 am

One of the key rules for hitchhiking is gas, grass, or ass. Or was it cash, grass or ass? Never the less, Abigail gave up all four in order to make her way here. She jumped trains, hitched rides with truckers. She even sit in the back of a pickup truck with a giant prize wining pig. All to get to what might be her last chance at a decadence life.

The last trucker who picked her up (Who in this case, wanted some ass) dropped Abigail off at bus depot. Giving her a final pat on the ass, the driver winked and left on his way. Abigail merely gave in a low growl and walked off. What the hell was he smiling about he wasn't even a good lay she thought to herself as she tried to find a secluded area in the bus to rest up for a bit. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her flask and took a swig. The drink du jour was some whisky she won off some jack ass at a pit stop in a game of cards. She wasn't particularly good, she just got lucky.

Sweaty and smelling of alcohol, Abigail sat on a bench close to two other girls who had just arrived. Though Abigail ignored them and took another swig from her flask.
Last edited by Mark3000 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 am

(Collaboration with LittleManKitten)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Cairi didn't enjoy driving in her craptastic 1970's Chevy Impala. It was quite the decent car once upon a time, but having sat in a garage for over a decade with no maintenance and only coming out of said garage with a battery swap and oil change so Cairi had a car to drive made it be quite the beater. It constantly whined and puttered in ways that made it sound like it was going to give out at any moment, yet it never seemed to for the longest time. Really, it made Cairi a nervous wreck, ideas of all the possible downfalls that could happen to it while driving fluttered through her mind pretty much every five miles. Aile made it a lot more bearable, often distracting Cairi enough to at least think about other things, though Aile loved to talk smack about any driver on the road not going over 100, and often made comments about it to Cairi as well, if more politely. There was no way in hell she was going to go over 75 though, past that it made even more unbearable sounds that shook Cairi to her bones. This all changed just as they crossed Michigan state lines however, and not 10 miles away from the border, the car made a final noise that sounded like the gears suddenly grinded up against the belts before finally stopping all together. Cairi coasted it as far as she could before finally coming to a stop on the side of the mostly deserted two lane road. When it finally came to a stop, Cairi buried her face into the steering wheel and shook her head, sobbing a little. "Oh noooooo, what are we going to doooo..." She wailed softly. Wondering how they're going to travel to the depot now.

Aile sat in the passenger seat of Cairi's pile of junk which could loosely be referred to as a vehicle, making snide remarks about each and every driver that they end up behind, slowing them down at all. "You see this assclown?" she says at one point, pointing at the van in front of them on the freeway "This guy has nobody in front of them, he could easily speed up to 80 at the very least!" she says, rolling down the window and sticking her head out, using one hand to hold her hat on "HEY, FAGGOT, DRIVE AT A REASONABLE SPEED OR GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD! MY MOTHER IS DEAD AND SHE CAN DRIVE BETTER THAN YOU!" she screams, using her free hand to bang on Cairi's roof as if that could be heard over the rushing wind as they drive along the road. She eventually flips the person off and sits back inside the vehicle, rolling the window back up "See, this is made worse by the fact that the other lanes are being slowed down by speds and fuckwits going the exact same speed as this complete autist!" she says, throwing her arms up. When the vehicle finally breaks down on the very edge of the state line, Aile lets out a nervous laugh "To be fair, we have been waiting for this to happen for some time now. Want me to get out and give the engine a few good whacks~?" she says, giving Cairi a half-smirk half-smile, and a wink. "Elsewise, you can stand by the side of the road and shake those hips for passing drivers, someone is BOUND to stop." she says with a smile and a wink.

Cairi was used to Aile's shenanigans on the road, so much so she refused to let Aile drive if possible, knowing that she may very well try to drive someone off the road for turning 1 second to slow for Aile. So, she mostly choose to ignore Aile grumblings, choosing instead to focus on the road... Well, until the car broke down anyway. Cairi was indeed expecting this to happen any moment, but she's been expecting it for about a year now, and she's always been close to a town or her own home that entire time, but now they were in the middle of nowhere and still miles from their destination. At Aile's suggestions, Cairi simply shook her head more, turning her head to face Aile while still being pressed up against the steering wheel. "Aileeee. I told you not to talk to me like that, it's really embarrassing..." Not to mention even attempting such a act would cause her anxiety to reach another level no doubt. She waves off Aile a little, looking more than a little crestfallen. "Go give the engine a few whacks... The sound it made makes me think this is our final stop though..." Cairi said with no optimism what so ever, par for the course with her.

Aile giggles as she starts to open the door and slide out of her seat "You know it's true, if you get out and shake your hips, people will offer you a ride faster than you can snap your fingers!" she says as she lifts the vehicle's hood. "I just can't guarantee you that they won't also ask for a different kind of ride in return." she said, just barely loud enough for Cairi to hear. After a moment, Cairi can see Aile throw one arm backwards, and then the vehicle rocks backwards from the force of the punch. This same sequence of events occurs twice more before Aile shouts over to her "Okay, princess, give it a go, I fisted it nice and hard!" the play on words being blatantly intentional, given how well Cairi knows her at this point. The suggestion to punch the engine would also have been Aile's obvious go to solution, since that's what she did with every problem, hit it as hard as she can.

Cairi groans at Aile's words, no amount of time together would let Cairi become used to what Aile says in that respect. Especially since it's hard to tell if it's just jokes or if Aile actually wants to do half of what she says to Cairi. "It would be a ride I don't want, I'd rather walk the entire way." Cairi wasn't getting when she said that either, knowing the kind of attention she might attract doing that. Sure Aile is tough and she knows she can resist a lot of damage but it still makes her very nervous. At Aile's ok, Cairi turns the keys... Only for nothing to happen, the engine doesn't even attempt to start. "I'm turning them, nothing's happening though, I think it's done for Aile." She sighs heavily, opening the driver door and slowly getting out of the car. She turns around and grabs a few bags out of the car, her butt in the air for a small while before turning back. "Well, let's start walking I guess."

When Cairi turns back to Aile, she's wearing a smirk "Yep, shaking that would definitely get us a pick-up fast." she says, before moving over next to Cairi and reaching into the vehicle to grab her own bag. Since Aile barely owned anything, all she had was a backpack, which she threw on, wearing only one strap, before kicking the door closed with one foot, leaving a new dent when she did so. "Well, given that it's completely dead, we can probably just leave it here. What's going to happen? Someone drives off with it?" she asks, flicking the keys at Cairi after having grabbed them from the ignition when she got her bag. "So, if you don't want to walk, I suggest you get to shaking those hips~" she says, with a suggestive smile.

Cairi grumbles something incomprehensible at Aile's continued suggestive talk, simply slugging the bags onto her shoulders and arms. Cairi had a bit more, mostly clothing and hygienic stuff along with a few biology books she was told was college level by the person selling them for real cheap. Nodding, Cairi sighs again. "Yea, I guess we can call for a tow when we're settled into the dorms. Then again, it'd probably just be dead weight and taking up to much space, so maybe just leave it here forever or for someone else to restore." Cairi really didn't care, mostly cause after dealing with it for a year she's actually relieved it finally broke down, it gave her more anxiety then having no car at all. Cairi grabs the keys, then immediately drops them. Picking them back up, Cairi gives Aile a slightly disapproving look before simply walking towards where they were going, making no attempt to sway her hips at all.

Aile happily takes another look at Cairi's ass when she bends over for the keys, but doesn't say anything this time, just smiles to herself as she follows after Cairi, quickly taking several long strides to catch up, so they can walk side by side. "After having it fixed, it's probably better to cut your losses at this point, anyway." she says, nodding her head backwards at the vehicle. While they were walking, she would wave her arms at passing vehicles and jump up and down, trying to get them to stop for them "You know, you could just shake your hips and one of these-" a car passed them by as she spoke "HEY, DON'T YOU KNOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STOP FOR A LADY, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!" she shouted, before attempting to wave down the next person. After that person passed them by, Aile just resumed walking normally just wrapping her arm around Cairi's shoulders and holding her close as they walked side by side "Any idea how many miles it is? We just reached the border when the car broke down. Hell, if it's too far, I may shake my hips~" she says, bumping her hip against Cairi's teasingly.

Cairi fully agrees with Aile's assessment, why bother trying to fix something that simply can't be fixed with the resources at their disposal. Cairi would raise her hands in the air as well whenever a car passed by, unfortunately no one seemed to want to pick up two strangers. Probably a good thing to. This was certainly a situation of not wanting to do either option, but knowing they had to commit to one. Cairi winced a little at Aile's sudden yelling, right in her ear and everything. She didn't say anything though and continued walking. She blushed a little when Aile suddenly wrapped her arm around her, she stammered a little but doesn't actually say anything again. Aile likes her physical contact, and Cairi's social anxiety makes it so she both likes and hates it. She can really never decides how she feels about it, so most of the time she just lets it happen. At the mention of distance, Cairi slumps her shoulders a little. "Uhm... I think it's 50 miles away now?" She says a little nervously, knowing that Aile would certainly decide to go for the hitchhiking plan now.

Aile stops suddenly when Cairi gives her the answer, a 'Oh, of course' look on her face, with an ironic smile plastered across her lips "Screw that shenanigans!" she says, punctuating it with a chuckle "Alright, Princess, I'll show you how it's done, and I hope you enjoy the show~" she says, gently grabbing her by the shoulders and positioning her away from the road gently. After she had positioned her away from the road, Aile takes off her backpack and hoodie, then tosses them to Cairi, saying "Hold these, Princess", then she places her hands behind her head as she stands near the road, and starts shaking her hips side to side seductively, every so often making a thumbing motion to indicate that she was looking for a ride in that direction, a fake smile on her face as she danced. "Enjoying the show, princess?" she asked, as she danced in front of her.

Cairi exhales softly at Aile's sudden change in intent. She knew it was going to happen as soon as she uttered the distance, but she couldn't exactly lie... Well, she could but Aile was pretty street smart and would catch on pretty quick. Cairi grumbles again as Aile begins shrugging her hoddie and stuff off, only barely managing to catch them as they are tossed to her. When Aile actually started dancing, Cairi looked towards the woods, her cheeks flushed red. Cairi wasn't about to watch her friend do such things, even if Aile seemed to almost beg for Cairi to act on it. Cairi said nothing as Aile danced, not wanting to humor her. Thankfully, it wasn't very long before a old rusted 60's ford started slowing down and stopped in front of the pair. The driver was a guy that looked like the most stereotypical redneck ever. "Y'all pretty ladies need a ride?" He said in a equally stereotypical accent. Cairi's anxiety immediately took hold, and she couldn't even meek out a nod at the guy's question. The truck was only a 2 seater, but had enough room for three if they squeezed inbetween the two.

Aile quickly turned to the driver and leaned in through his open window, giving Cairi a good view of her ass "Absolutely, we're heading to the bus stop on uh-" she quickly snatched Cairi's phone from her and checked it for the directions, then showed the man the screen "This place, we're trying to get here, so we can get picked up. We WERE intending to drive ourselves, but our hunk of junk vehicle broke down, leaving us stranded alongside the road." she explained, before tossing Cairi her phone over her shoulder without even looking, then quickly grabbing her hoodie and backpack from her, giving her a wink and whispering "Did you like that, Princess?".

The driver clicks his tongue and looks at the phone intently, occasionally tapping it to move the map around to a better position. After a while he nods. "Well lucky for you gals I'm passing by that stop already, so I can just stop on the road then continue on. So come on in." He reaches over and opens the passenger door, it was slightly dirty on the inside but Cairi and Aile have no doubt in in worse. Cairi jumped a little as Aile tossed her phone back, sighing in relief when she caught it in her hands. She shrugged a little at Aile's question, not having a answer since she didn't even watch. Cairi would let Aile go first since she would be more comfortable sitting in the middle than Cairi. When they were both in and situated, he would drive down the road at a reasonable pace, not dissimilar from what Cairi would do. "So, if you're heading to a bus stop why not take the bus?" He asks casually after a small while. Cairi didn't answer, her anxiety doing it's thing where meeting a new person effectively silences her unless truly forced to talk.

Aile thanks the driver as she hops into the vehicle, then she turns back and grabs Cairi's hand to help her in next to her. When asked why they're not taking the bus, she fakes a smile, while trying not to flip out about how nobody is driving fast enough "We are, we're just wanting a specific bus, we're supposed to be heading to a college orientation." she explains, as she leans against Cairi and wraps her arm around her shoulder again "Luckily, we won't need transportation beyond that since we'll be living on campus, we just need to actually get there. You know, since it's a bit difficult making that fifty mile trek on foot~" she adds, with a grin "Truthfully, we were actually waiting for the vehicle to break down for good, just not quite THIS far from our destination" she says with a laugh, trying to hold conversation well enough that Cairi wouldn't have to talk much.

Cairi right leg bounces quite a lot as they drive along, no doubt her nerves acting up, though she does seem to visibly relax a little as Aile holds her hand. In these situations Cairi usually did appreciate a little physical tact, though sometimes it did backfire still. It wasn't the case this time around though, and Cairi leans a little into Aile as Aile wraps her arm around Cairi. The man nods a little as Aile explains the situation. "I see, I didn't even know there was a campus around here, the nearest ones I know of is in Grand Rapids and Detroit. Then again I don't really pay much attention to those sort of things. 50 miles is quite the distance though, that'd put some strain on even me!" He grins, not seeming to notice the physical contact happening next to him, or really not caring. "Yea I know that feeling, this old beater used to be really bad, but me and my brother got to work on it last summer and now it runs like a dream." He sounds quite proud as he says that. He doesn't say much else for a long time, and by the time he speaks again they're probably halfway there. "So what're y'all majoring in for college?" Cairi breaths in deeply but manages to muster an answer. "Biology." She states nervously. "Biology huh? Well I can't say I know much if anything about that."

Aile grins as Cairi answers the man's question "She would know better than me, I never pay any attention in classes~" she says, gently tightening her arm around Cairi, while resting her other hand on her thigh, gently rubbing it. "Even if we knew how to work on vehicles like that, we probably still wouldn't fix the damn thing up, I don't think she even wanted it anymore, given how frustrating driving it was. In fact, if you want the damn thing, it's back alongside the road near where you found us, and you can have it. If you manage to fix the damn thing, good on you~" she says, giving the man a smile. As they start to close in on the bus stop, she sits up in her seat, retracting her hands from Cairi as she looks over at the bus stop "Ah, there it is!" she says, grinning first at Cairi, then at the man "Thanks for driving us to the bus stop" she says, giving the man a quick fist bump, while she tugs her backpack on and prepares to exit the vehicle before it has even stopped.

The man nods. "I'll have to see if I can find it then, sounds like it might be a fun project. It's really my brother who is the great mechanic, I'm mostly just there to hold his tools." He chuckles a little then doesn't say much else for the rest of the trip. Cairi closes her eyes a little as they drive, focusing on Aile's warmth and trying to calm down. She was just about calmed down to when Aile suddenly jolted away and pointed out the boss stop. Cairi quickly sat upright and nodded. The man nods as well. "Well, you two have fun, and I hope you can find some success in life." He says rather warmly, fist bumping Aile back. Cairi manages to mutter a 'thank you' before exiting the truck and sighing heavily. As soon as the two were out the man speeds away. "Well, let's see what's in store for us." Cairi beings walking to the bus depot.

Aile thanks the man and gives him a quick wave before he drives off, then she wraps her arm around Cairi's shoulder again as they approach the bus stop "It looks like plenty of people are already here, waiting for the bus." she said, nodding towards the two girls on the bench, chattering, and the sweaty girl, drinking alcohol on a second bench. "Given the looks of them, I neither feel like joining in on their conversation, nor sitting next to the sweaty girl, so we could probably just stand off to the side so that none of them hassle us." she says, rolling her eyes as she guides Cairi to a nearby lamp post and leaning against it, supporting her by letting her lean against her as they waited for the bus.

Cairi nods at Aile assessment. "I'd rather not converse with people right away anyway. Especially not a alcoholic." She states flatly. Cairi doesn't complain when led to a lamppost, though she does separate herself from Aile, finally having enough physical contact for now. She stands near Aile and the lamppost though, waiting a little impatiently for the bus to finally arrive.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Littlemankitten » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 am

Collab with Ronin

Cairi didn't enjoy driving in her craptastic 1970's Chevy Impala. It was quite the decent car once upon a time, but having sat in a garage for over a decade with no maintenance and only coming out of said garage with a battery swap and oil change so Cairi had a car to drive made it be quite the beater. It constantly whined and puttered in ways that made it sound like it was going to give out at any moment, yet it never seemed to for the longest time. Really, it made Cairi a nervous wreck, ideas of all the possible downfalls that could happen to it while driving fluttered through her mind pretty much every five miles. Aile made it a lot more bearable, often distracting Cairi enough to at least think about other things, though Aile loved to talk smack about any driver on the road not going over 100, and often made comments about it to Cairi as well, if more politely. There was no way in hell she was going to go over 75 though, past that it made even more unbearable sounds that shook Cairi to her bones. This all changed just as they crossed Michigan state lines however, and not 10 miles away from the border, the car made a final noise that sounded like the gears suddenly grinded up against the belts before finally stopping all together. Cairi coasted it as far as she could before finally coming to a stop on the side of the mostly deserted two lane road. When it finally came to a stop, Cairi buried her face into the steering wheel and shook her head, sobbing a little. "Oh noooooo, what are we going to doooo..." She wailed softly. Wondering how they're going to travel to the depot now.

Aile sat in the passenger seat of Cairi's pile of junk which could loosely be referred to as a vehicle, making snide remarks about each and every driver that they end up behind, slowing them down at all. "You see this assclown?" she says at one point, pointing at the van in front of them on the freeway "This guy has nobody in front of them, he could easily speed up to 80 at the very least!" she says, rolling down the window and sticking her head out, using one hand to hold her hat on "HEY, FAGGOT, DRIVE AT A REASONABLE SPEED OR GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD! MY MOTHER IS DEAD AND SHE CAN DRIVE BETTER THAN YOU!" she screams, using her free hand to bang on Cairi's roof as if that could be heard over the rushing wind as they drive along the road. She eventually flips the person off and sits back inside the vehicle, rolling the window back up "See, this is made worse by the fact that the other lanes are being slowed down by speds and fuckwits going the exact same speed as this complete autist!" she says, throwing her arms up. When the vehicle finally breaks down on the very edge of the state line, Aile lets out a nervous laugh "To be fair, we have been waiting for this to happen for some time now. Want me to get out and give the engine a few good whacks~?" she says, giving Cairi a half-smirk half-smile, and a wink. "Elsewise, you can stand by the side of the road and shake those hips for passing drivers, someone is BOUND to stop." she says with a smile and a wink.

Cairi was used to Aile's shenanigans on the road, so much so she refused to let Aile drive if possible, knowing that she may very well try to drive someone off the road for turning 1 second to slow for Aile. So, she mostly choose to ignore Aile grumblings, choosing instead to focus on the road... Well, until the car broke down anyway. Cairi was indeed expecting this to happen any moment, but she's been expecting it for about a year now, and she's always been close to a town or her own home that entire time, but now they were in the middle of nowhere and still miles from their destination. At Aile's suggestions, Cairi simply shook her head more, turning her head to face Aile while still being pressed up against the steering wheel. "Aileeee. I told you not to talk to me like that, it's really embarrassing..." Not to mention even attempting such a act would cause her anxiety to reach another level no doubt. She waves off Aile a little, looking more than a little crestfallen. "Go give the engine a few whacks... The sound it made makes me think this is our final stop though..." Cairi said with no optimism what so ever, par for the course with her.

Aile giggles as she starts to open the door and slide out of her seat "You know it's true, if you get out and shake your hips, people will offer you a ride faster than you can snap your fingers!" she says as she lifts the vehicle's hood. "I just can't guarantee you that they won't also ask for a different kind of ride in return." she said, just barely loud enough for Cairi to hear. After a moment, Cairi can see Aile throw one arm backwards, and then the vehicle rocks backwards from the force of the punch. This same sequence of events occurs twice more before Aile shouts over to her "Okay, princess, give it a go, I fisted it nice and hard!" the play on words being blatantly intentional, given how well Cairi knows her at this point. The suggestion to punch the engine would also have been Aile's obvious go to solution, since that's what she did with every problem, hit it as hard as she can.

Cairi groans at Aile's words, no amount of time together would let Cairi become used to what Aile says in that respect. Especially since it's hard to tell if it's just jokes or if Aile actually wants to do half of what she says to Cairi. "It would be a ride I don't want, I'd rather walk the entire way." Cairi wasn't getting when she said that either, knowing the kind of attention she might attract doing that. Sure Aile is tough and she knows she can resist a lot of damage but it still makes her very nervous. At Aile's ok, Cairi turns the keys... Only for nothing to happen, the engine doesn't even attempt to start. "I'm turning them, nothing's happening though, I think it's done for Aile." She sighs heavily, opening the driver door and slowly getting out of the car. She turns around and grabs a few bags out of the car, her butt in the air for a small while before turning back. "Well, let's start walking I guess."

When Cairi turns back to Aile, she's wearing a smirk "Yep, shaking that would definitely get us a pick-up fast." she says, before moving over next to Cairi and reaching into the vehicle to grab her own bag. Since Aile barely owned anything, all she had was a backpack, which she threw on, wearing only one strap, before kicking the door closed with one foot, leaving a new dent when she did so. "Well, given that it's completely dead, we can probably just leave it here. What's going to happen? Someone drives off with it?" she asks, flicking the keys at Cairi after having grabbed them from the ignition when she got her bag. "So, if you don't want to walk, I suggest you get to shaking those hips~" she says, with a suggestive smile.

Cairi grumbles something incomprehensible at Aile's continued suggestive talk, simply slugging the bags onto her shoulders and arms. Cairi had a bit more, mostly clothing and hygienic stuff along with a few biology books she was told was college level by the person selling them for real cheap. Nodding, Cairi sighs again. "Yea, I guess we can call for a tow when we're settled into the dorms. Then again, it'd probably just be dead weight and taking up to much space, so maybe just leave it here forever or for someone else to restore." Cairi really didn't care, mostly cause after dealing with it for a year she's actually relieved it finally broke down, it gave her more anxiety then having no car at all. Cairi grabs the keys, then immediately drops them. Picking them back up, Cairi gives Aile a slightly disapproving look before simply walking towards where they were going, making no attempt to sway her hips at all.

Aile happily takes another look at Cairi's ass when she bends over for the keys, but doesn't say anything this time, just smiles to herself as she follows after Cairi, quickly taking several long strides to catch up, so they can walk side by side. "After having it fixed, it's probably better to cut your losses at this point, anyway." she says, nodding her head backwards at the vehicle. While they were walking, she would wave her arms at passing vehicles and jump up and down, trying to get them to stop for them "You know, you could just shake your hips and one of these-" a car passed them by as she spoke "HEY, DON'T YOU KNOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STOP FOR A LADY, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!" she shouted, before attempting to wave down the next person. After that person passed them by, Aile just resumed walking normally just wrapping her arm around Cairi's shoulders and holding her close as they walked side by side "Any idea how many miles it is? We just reached the border when the car broke down. Hell, if it's too far, I may shake my hips~" she says, bumping her hip against Cairi's teasingly.

Cairi fully agrees with Aile's assessment, why bother trying to fix something that simply can't be fixed with the resources at their disposal. Cairi would raise her hands in the air as well whenever a car passed by, unfortunately no one seemed to want to pick up two strangers. Probably a good thing to. This was certainly a situation of not wanting to do either option, but knowing they had to commit to one. Cairi winced a little at Aile's sudden yelling, right in her ear and everything. She didn't say anything though and continued walking. She blushed a little when Aile suddenly wrapped her arm around her, she stammered a little but doesn't actually say anything again. Aile likes her physical contact, and Cairi's social anxiety makes it so she both likes and hates it. She can really never decides how she feels about it, so most of the time she just lets it happen. At the mention of distance, Cairi slumps her shoulders a little. "Uhm... I think it's 50 miles away now?" She says a little nervously, knowing that Aile would certainly decide to go for the hitchhiking plan now.

Aile stops suddenly when Cairi gives her the answer, a 'Oh, of course' look on her face, with an ironic smile plastered across her lips "Screw that shenanigans!" she says, punctuating it with a chuckle "Alright, Princess, I'll show you how it's done, and I hope you enjoy the show~" she says, gently grabbing her by the shoulders and positioning her away from the road gently. After she had positioned her away from the road, Aile takes off her backpack and hoodie, then tosses them to Cairi, saying "Hold these, Princess", then she places her hands behind her head as she stands near the road, and starts shaking her hips side to side seductively, every so often making a thumbing motion to indicate that she was looking for a ride in that direction, a fake smile on her face as she danced. "Enjoying the show, princess?" she asked, as she danced in front of her.

Cairi exhales softly at Aile's sudden change in intent. She knew it was going to happen as soon as she uttered the distance, but she couldn't exactly lie... Well, she could but Aile was pretty street smart and would catch on pretty quick. Cairi grumbles again as Aile begins shrugging her hoddie and stuff off, only barely managing to catch them as they are tossed to her. When Aile actually started dancing, Cairi looked towards the woods, her cheeks flushed red. Cairi wasn't about to watch her friend do such things, even if Aile seemed to almost beg for Cairi to act on it. Cairi said nothing as Aile danced, not wanting to humor her. Thankfully, it wasn't very long before a old rusted 60's ford started slowing down and stopped in front of the pair. The driver was a guy that looked like the most stereotypical redneck ever. "Y'all pretty ladies need a ride?" He said in a equally stereotypical accent. Cairi's anxiety immediately took hold, and she couldn't even meek out a nod at the guy's question. The truck was only a 2 seater, but had enough room for three if they squeezed inbetween the two.

Aile quickly turned to the driver and leaned in through his open window, giving Cairi a good view of her ass "Absolutely, we're heading to the bus stop on uh-" she quickly snatched Cairi's phone from her and checked it for the directions, then showed the man the screen "This place, we're trying to get here, so we can get picked up. We WERE intending to drive ourselves, but our hunk of junk vehicle broke down, leaving us stranded alongside the road." she explained, before tossing Cairi her phone over her shoulder without even looking, then quickly grabbing her hoodie and backpack from her, giving her a wink and whispering "Did you like that, Princess?"

The driver clicks his tongue and looks at the phone intently, occasionally tapping it to move the map around to a better position. After a while he nods. "Well lucky for you gals I'm passing by that stop already, so I can just stop on the road then continue on. So come on in." He reaches over and opens the passenger door, it was slightly dirty on the inside but Cairi and Aile have no doubt in in worse. Cairi jumped a little as Aile tossed her phone back, sighing in relief when she caught it in her hands. She shrugged a little at Aile's question, not having a answer since she didn't even watch. Cairi would let Aile go first since she would be more comfortable sitting in the middle than Cairi. When they were both in and situated, he would drive down the road at a reasonable pace, not dissimilar from what Cairi would do. "So, if you're heading to a bus stop why not take the bus?" He asks casually after a small while. Cairi didn't answer, her anxiety doing it's thing where meeting a new person effectively silences her unless truly forced to talk.

Aile thanks the driver as she hops into the vehicle, then she turns back and grabs Cairi's hand to help her in next to her. When asked why they're not taking the bus, she fakes a smile, while trying not to flip out about how nobody is driving fast enough "We are, we're just wanting a specific bus, we're supposed to be heading to a college orientation." she explains, as she leans against Cairi and wraps her arm around her shoulder again "Luckily, we won't need transportation beyond that since we'll be living on campus, we just need to actually get there. You know, since it's a bit difficult making that fifty mile trek on foot~" she adds, with a grin "Truthfully, we were actually waiting for the vehicle to break down for good, just not quite THIS far from our destination" she says with a laugh, trying to hold conversation well enough that Cairi wouldn't have to talk much.

Cairi right leg bounces quite a lot as they drive along, no doubt her nerves acting up, though she does seem to visibly relax a little as Aile holds her hand. In these situations Cairi usually did appreciate a little physical tact, though sometimes it did backfire still. It wasn't the case this time around though, and Cairi leans a little into Aile as Aile wraps her arm around Cairi. The man nods a little as Aile explains the situation. "I see, I didn't even know there was a campus around here, the nearest ones I know of is in Grand Rapids and Detroit. Then again I don't really pay much attention to those sort of things. 50 miles is quite the distance though, that'd put some strain on even me!" He grins, not seeming to notice the physical contact happening next to him, or really not caring. "Yea I know that feeling, this old beater used to be really bad, but me and my brother got to work on it last summer and now it runs like a dream." He sounds quite proud as he says that. He doesn't say much else for a long time, and by the time he speaks again they're probably halfway there. "So what're y'all majoring in for college?" Cairi breaths in deeply but manages to muster an answer. "Biology." She states nervously. "Biology huh? Well I can't say I know much if anything about that."

Aile grins as Cairi answers the man's question "She would know better than me, I never pay any attention in classes~" she says, gently tightening her arm around Cairi, while resting her other hand on her thigh, gently rubbing it. "Even if we knew how to work on vehicles like that, we probably still wouldn't fix the damn thing up, I don't think she even wanted it anymore, given how frustrating driving it was. In fact, if you want the damn thing, it's back alongside the road near where you found us, and you can have it. If you manage to fix the damn thing, good on you~" she says, giving the man a smile. As they start to close in on the bus stop, she sits up in her seat, retracting her hands from Cairi as she looks over at the bus stop "Ah, there it is!" she says, grinning first at Cairi, then at the man "Thanks for driving us to the bus stop" she says, giving the man a quick fist bump, while she tugs her backpack on and prepares to exit the vehicle before it has even stopped.

The man nods. "I'll have to see if I can find it then, sounds like it might be a fun project. It's really my brother who is the great mechanic, I'm mostly just there to hold his tools." He chuckles a little then doesn't say much else for the rest of the trip. Cairi closes her eyes a little as they drive, focusing on Aile's warmth and trying to calm down. She was just about calmed down to when Aile suddenly jolted away and pointed out the boss stop. Cairi quickly sat upright and nodded. The man nods as well. "Well, you two have fun, and I hope you can find some success in life." He says rather warmly, fist bumping Aile back. Cairi manages to mutter a 'thank you' before exiting the truck and sighing heavily. As soon as the two were out the man speeds away. "Well, let's see what's in store for us." Cairi says as she begins walking to the bus depot.

Aile thanks the man and gives him a quick wave before he drives off, then she wraps her arm around Cairi's shoulder again as they approach the bus stop "It looks like plenty of people are already here, waiting for the bus." she said, nodding towards the two girls on the bench, chattering, and the sweaty girl, drinking alcohol on a second bench. "Given the looks of them, I neither feel like joining in on their conversation, nor sitting next to the sweaty girl, so we could probably just stand off to the side so that none of them hassle us." she says, rolling her eyes as she guides Cairi to a nearby lamp post and leaning against it, supporting her by letting her lean against her as they waited for the bus.

Cairi nods at Aile assessment. "I'd rather not converse with people right away anyway. Especially not a alcoholic." She states flatly. Cairi doesn't complain when led to a lamppost, though she does separate herself from Aile, finally having enough physical contact for now. She stands near Aile and the lamppost though, waiting a little impatiently for the bus to finally arrive.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby exalted » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 am

Reylena sat in the parking lot in front of the bus depot for a minute, white knuckle gripping the wheel. Immersion therapy the doctor's had called it, facing your fears. The long drive down had been the first time she'd been behind the wheel since the accident, everything she owned in the boot. Everything else she'd sold to pay her for tuition and provide for her stay. There was no going back now.

She stretched as she unbuckled the five point harness strapping her tightly into the race seat, the '69 Judge had been her dad's, a project he seemed to be constantly working on and was far from comfortable on a cross country run. If she had to be honest, the matte black car had always frightened her, the throaty roar and vibration chilling her even before the accident. It was the one thing of his she kept, 'death proof' he'd called it, she wondered if...

No, she shook the bad memories away as she crawled out through the roll cage. She wondered if maybe she should have left it behind or on the side of the road like that old Chevy she'd passed on the way in. No, she shook that thought away also, her Dad had made this, made it safest you could, it would be dangerous to drive anything else... she hated leaving it here at the station, promising to come back for it as soon as she could. Hitting the switch, she popped the race steering wheel off the column and pulled the key from one the engines kill switches before locking up and grabbing her bags from the boot.

Gnawing on her lip, she shuffled over to where the other girls were standing, trying not to draw attention to herself as best as possible.
exalted

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Ada took the hand of her new friend. One particular thing she's said had piqued the girl's interest. "A Cali girl, huh? My Granny went to California once. Said she saw Sean Connery getting on a taxi. Can you imagine James Bond hailing a cab? You ever seen a celebrity just going about their day?" Most people on the busses had rudely told her off for trying to chat, so Ada had built up a huge urge just for someone to talk to, so she didn't much mind the quiet of Penny.

She was just about to regail Penny with the story Granny had told her hundreds of times for when someone sat down on Penny's other side. It looked to be a woman a few years older than her or Penny. Was she here for the school too? Why did she look so sullen? She must be looking for someone to talk to but couldn't bring herself to join the conversation, so Ada decided to invite her. THrusting a hand past Penny, Ada put on her winningest smile. "Hello, I'm Ada, and this is Penny." Then she put her hand beside her mouth as if to whisper a secret. "She's from California."
Firehead

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Abigail looked up at the voice talking to her. Ah shit, Here we go, Abigail moaned to herself. She just knew this one was a talker. At first, she tried to ignore her. But then a different thought came to mind. It didn't take a genius to guess why so many people were starting to gather in one place.

Wiping some of the whisky and drool from the side of her mouth, she looked at Ada and Penny. "Abigail" She said as with a buzzed stare. "Cali huh? Never been out west myself. So I'm guessing you two got that letter as well" As she spoke, she showed them the one she had received. It was in disrepair with tears and grease marks. But it was still legible.
Mark3000

Postby mrblah » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 pm

The trip all the way to Michigan was long, boring, and horribly expensive. Being in a plane far too many feet above ground made the pessimistic Bristol fear for her life, and it was worse when she had to sit next to a woman with a baby that just. Wouldn't. Shut the fuck up. Needless to say, the journey had a poor effect on the former vigilante's mental state, with her usual frown deepening into a veritable scowl. And now she'd just gotten to the bus stop, with some talkative happy looking people waiting on the bench and a few other loners milling about. She gave each of them a look-over. They couldn't have been headed for the same place, were they? Seems they were all in the same age group. And female. Call her paranoid (she can't deny that she is) but this coincidence is making her feel suspicious...

But Bristol gave no comment on the situation. She stood off to the side, hands in her jacket's pockets and with her hood up to obscure her annoyed face. Her power was at the ready in the case that this was some kind of trap. Spam a few clones and run away in the confusion, back to where the airport had been. No one could be bold enough to try some kidnapping bullshit in a crowded location.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Nobudi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Penny took a look and noted the ragged sheet that had more in common with a used bar napkin than the formal letter that had made it her way before she came here. It was identical, save for the faded lettering and smudged ink, to the last letter. She nodded and confirmed, "Yes, I received one recently as well... I'm guessing that you both can do something... special?" If that hunch was confirmed, then maybe she could get to the root of what was going on and how to better handle her situation.

She pointed at the small flask at Abigail's hip, probably some sort of alcohol. She could do with some, just to help her settle her nerves. "Would you mind if I took a swig?"
Nobudi

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 am

As the last student arrives, everyone can hear as a bus pulls into the station. The bus has Eden University painted on the side, and stops by where all the students were instructed to go. The bus looks a little worn, but looks like it was once a Greyhound bus. So, the seats will at least be comfortable.

The door to the bus opens, and a short pudgy older man steps off the bus. As he looks at all of you, he smiles at all of you. He seems like he is trying to look friendly, but the balding head, shirt stretched tight over his stomach, and sweat pants do not make a flattering first impression. It makes him seem creepy if anything.

"All right you all, I'm going to take you to the school, so let's get out of here. Load up your shit, and let's hit the road."

He opens a storage space outside the bus, and helps you all load your luggage before instructing you to get on the bus.

After getting onto the bus.

When you have all taken your seats, he grabs a clipboard and starts reading your names out, marking your names off as you respond.

However, over the course of the role call, you all notice something strange happening to the driver. Slowly, the driver starts changing right before your eyes. Their voice goes from being a raspy, smoker voice to being more pleasant, almost feminine. He starts to grow taller, and his stomach shrinks until the shirt fits loosely on him. His hair regrows until it almost reaches their shoulders, turning a green color. You cant even be sure what gender the person in front of you is anymore.

After calling all of your names, they set the clipboard down. Smiling at everyone's reactions, they speak again.

"So, any questions before we get the fuck out of here?"
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby Blue56 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:46 am

Jennifer's trip from Michigan was a disappointingly uneventful one. With her wealth, she had flown first class, but her thoughts were occupied with curiosity at what lay ahead at her destination. Conjuring illusions while distracted was difficult, and rather than do things half hearted, Jennifer opted to keep her travel mischief free.... Relatively so anyway, she still couldn't resist one little prank. When the flight attendant brought her the red wine she ordered, Jennifer made it look like a white instead the moment she set the glass down. The look of confusion on the woman's face was priceless and Jennifer couldn't help but smile broadly even as the poor attendant apologized profusely before rushing off to bring the correct order. After landing, it was only a short Uber away to the bus stop.

Upon arrival, Jennifer noted the motley assortment of girls who potentially awaited the same bus she did. Were they skilled illusionists as well? Or did their abilities lie elsewhere if they had any at all? Rather than get up to her usual tricks, Jennifer stood off to the side and observed for now, her hands idly shuffling a deck of cards that wasn't truly there. Certain illusions, such as this one, she had practiced so much that it came as naturally to her as breathing. A shuffling deck of cards may seem simple to replicate, but to do so convincingly required intimate knowledge of the act to make the movements of her hands and the cards sync up without the cards slipping through her hands, as well as recreating the sounds of the cards rubbing against each other.

She wasn't able to learn much of use about these other supposed students before the bus arrived. She handed her suitcase off the slob of a driver and quickly took a seat on the bus. The man seemed nice enough, but Jennifer would prefer him easier on the eyes all the same. As the role call is read off, she does respond when her name is called out, though she was starting to wonder if using her real name was a bad idea. Jennifer was hardly famous on her own, but it would be a bit of a problem if she was recognized. Sitting and shuffling her illusory cards throughout the role call, Jennifer has to do a double take as the driver's appearance starts to change before her eyes. Was she doing this and was just unaware of it? No, her wish for a more attractive driver was granted by a power other than her own. Was it an illusion like the ones she used, or was this actual shapeshifting? Jennifer wanted to ask, but was afraid doing so might give her away. Instead, she chose to stay silent and hope somebody else would ask the question she wanted.
Blue56

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Ada nodded as Abigail revealed her invitation. "Yup, I still got mine, too." She reached into her backpack pulling out the carefully folded piece of paper. It was clear though from a little fraying about the crease that it had been unfolded and refolded many a time. There wasn't a lot to do on some of those buses but reread her invitation and imagine the possibilities. Then Penny brought up the elephant in the room. It was about strange powers, at least for her and Penny, but the other girl was being vague still. She was just about to confirm Penny's suspicions and blurt out her own amazing ability when the bus pulled up, and the driver called them all on. "Whoops, guess we gotta get a move on. Let's talk later." Grabbing her suitcase and backpack, she rushed up to get her stuff situated. She puts her suitcase in the storage space with a little help but hesitates with her backpack. "Thank you for the help, sir. Do I need to put this down here too or can I keep it with me?" She'd comply with the driver's decision though with much less exuberance if he made her leave it here before getting onto the bus and quickly finding a seat.

When everyone was on the bus the driver introduced themself, but Ada was left fascinated by the change they underwent. At first, it was so subtle that she hardly noticed he was changing until the stubble on his chin started to recede. This was another person with powers, and they were going to teach her about her own. A school for people with special powers must be a magical place beyond anything she could imagine. As the driver asked for questions her arm shot up. It had been gnawing at the back of her mind from the very beginning, and she simply couldn't wait to know. "Oh oh, I was just wondering. How did you know to send us these invitations?" She pulled hers back out holding it up.
Firehead

Postby mrblah » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Finally, thought Bristol. It took them long enough to get there. Bristol readied the small little suitcase she had with her at her side as the bus pulled up, but her intention of immediately stomping her way into the vehicle was paused at the sight of the driver. He looked... slimy. Disgusting. She sneered at his unkempt appearance, instantly judging him as a suspicious character. It only made her feel more paranoid over the possibility of this being some sort of trap. But even so, she felt confident that she'd at least be able to escape in the event that her suspicions are proven. Stay in the back of the bus. Keep a window open. Sit alone to pop a clone if necessary.

Bristol was the last person to board after handing in her luggage, but she still got a seat in the way back of the bus. Immediately, she cracked open the window, and flipped up her hood as she stared up toward the driver, so she got a full view of his... or, their? Transformation. Her eyes widen at the display, but they immediately narrowed into a harsher glare. So the letter wasn't bullshitting to some degree. If the bus driver had powers... did that mean everyone in the bus did as well?

"Yeah," Bristol spoke up in a loud tone as she raised her hand mockingly, answering the question of if she had a question, "the fuck kinda shit did you just do??"
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:18 am

Just as Penny asked for a swig of her flask, the bus finally arrives to pick them up. "Maybe next time" She said as Abigail stood up and took her stuff to the bus. Stashing her bag, Abigail took her flask and carried it onto the bus. One on, she found a quiet spot in the back corner. Staring out the window, Abigail began to rub her temple. Even with a slight buzz, her mind still ached. Taking another drink, she looked up to answer when her name was called. But to her surprise, the gruff driver who had greeted them had transformed. Doing a double take, she look at the man, then her flask, then the man one last time before taking another drink.
Mark3000

Postby Nobudi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 am

Penny was cut off from a potential way to unwind when the bus finally rolled into view. It seemed rather normal, if the letter was what she believed it to be. The driver seemed normal enough, but that was probably just a California thing. Once everything was squared away, they boarded. And that too was very normal. Then roll call began, her eyes narrowed. Oh joy. Roll call. Not even at school yet and they were already marking down attendance. But then and again, it was a new place, so she probably needed an outside perspective.

What was not an outside perspective was what caught her eye about the driver. He... was changing. That cemented her initial theory about where she was going. And as more question flew out, she took a deep breath and asked, "Why us? Us specifically?"

Penny looked over to the buzzed Abigail forlornly, sad that she couldn't get buzzed before this shit went down.
Nobudi

Postby Soru » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Rosa Bly lets out a sigh as she gets out of the taxi that had brought her to the bus depot where she was instructed to go to and stretches a bit, the plane ride and then the couple of rides to Michigan were long and boring. However now that she is here she smiles and then pays the taxi driver before looking around for where she is supposed to go. After talking to some of the employees there she is pointed to the right direction and sees others gathered and assumes she's in the right place. As Rosa waits she was about to make conversation with one of the other girls before the bus driver, a man who looked rather.... unprofessional, told them to load up their luggage and get in the bus. Following his orders Rosa puts her bags into the bus's storage compartment and gets on the bus and finds an empty seat.

She looks around at the other students a bit before their names were called. As she sat there she noticed the bus driver...changing right before her eyes and all the others seemed to have noticed due to the lack of talking as they watch this overweight bus driver turn into...someone completely different and she had no idea who she is looking at now. However this did confirm her assumption that this is college is for those with powers like her. Now she looks at the others, seeing their reactions.
Soru

Postby exalted » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 am

Rey let out a sigh of relief as everyone just continued talking as she sidled up to the waiting group. If no one noticed her than no one could pick on her and all would be right.

She nearly jumped out her skin when the vulgar man plopped off the bus and starting hurling vulgarity about. Filing in with the others, she stowed her duffle bag in the compartment but kept her backpack with her. Once inside the bus, she would have preferred to sit at the back but saw some of the more gruffer looking girls had setup camp so chose a vacant bench in the middle on the right side. It was safer that way, from front, side and rear collisions she should be safe... and WTF!!!!

Her eyes went wide and she scrunched down in her seat as she saw the man... thing... change... oh god, what had she gotten herself into?
exalted

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 am

Cairi does her best to avoid any eye contact with anyone other than Aile, giving her a weak smile the few times she does so. The wait was almost unbearable, and she visibly swung side to side a little and passed around the lamp post often. Waiting in a crowded area like that was awful, though at least unlike back in high school she learned to calm herself down enough that she won't literally pass out during say an assembly like she has twice before. Finally though, the bus arrived, and a greasy old man came out, probably their bus driver. Cairi sighed a little in relief, not really caring how the driver looked, well, that was until he started changing into... Something else, a woman, a hot woman at that. Cairi stared at the transformation with a mix of surprise, awe, and fear. She slowly inched her way to Aile and whispered to her. "I can't do that, but it seems we were chosen because we aren't normal." Cairi stated the obvious, and began slowly walking with Aile to the bus.

Aile gapes as the bus driver transforms into a woman, remaining motionless until Cairi snaps her out of it by whispering to her "Me neither, but wouldn't it be nice? I could make myself so much prettier." she said, giving Cairi a wink, but thinking to herself that after seeing that, not much could surprise her anymore. After a moment, she also considers how much more useful her own ability would be in battle than the ability just change shape, much better for fisting things, that's for sure. She quickly grabs Cairi's hand, and they both boarded the bus. Despite getting in before the girl with the blond hair and headphones, wearing the black jacket, Aile decides they should both linger in the doorway until she takes her seat. The moment she does, Aile whispers to Cairi "I think we should sit in the back~"

Cairi nods. "Yea, it would be nice, I could do a lot more things with that amount of control." Cairi decided to ignore the statement about Aile getting prettier, feeling as though there really wasn't a good response to that that Cairi was comfortable with saying. Cairi does her best to keep up with Aile as they head to the bus, and once they were inside she waited for Aile to pick a spot, as Cairi could spend hours thinking of a good spot with a almost full bus. Thankfully, Aile was much more quick thinking. "Sounds good to me I guess." By sounds good she meant there weren't really any better spots as the bus was pretty heavily occupied. When they got to the back, Cairi would choose a window seat if there was one available and begin looking outside.

Aile gives Cairi a mischievous smile, then pulls her behind her, almost sprinting, to the very back, then tugs her into the occupied seat instead of the empty one, with a blond girl wearing headphones, Aile sitting between them. Aile wasn't even smooth about it, she bumps the girl's hip with her own as she slides in, then then pulls Cairi in next to her, occupying the last bit of space. As soon as they're both seated, Aile speaks directly to the complete stranger "Ay, blondie, wuzzup?" she asks, slapping her on the back hard, jarring her forward in her seat, obnoxiously, still grinning mischievously.

Cairi gives Aile a odd look in response to the mischievous smile. She lets out a small yelp as she is suddenly thrusted foreword, and groans a tiny bit when she sees she's going to be near someone she doesn't know. When their both seated, Cairi realizes Aile's intent and sighs a little, whispering into her ear. "C'mon Aile, don't start trouble already, we just got here." There was concern in her voice, even more so because of the fact this bus is presumably full of people with powers like theirs, making this a even more dangerous game.

Bristol was far from happy to have her solitary position so intruded, especially by not one, but TWO people. The sudden rough slap on the back only added oil to the building fire of seething anger she felt, and she shot a harsh glare at the obnoxious woman. "..." But she didn't explode yet. No, she knew now that everyone on the bus really did seem to have powers, as proven by the driver. She instead studied this person for a second. "Heaven. Didja want me to prove it?"

Aile snickers at the girl's reaction, she got pissed FAST, and assumedly was attempting to threaten her. Of course, this had to be an empty threat, nobody had been able to stand up to her so far, and she had spent her time around much more serious threats than this little blond chick. Aile slapped the girl on her back twice more, both harder than the first, then wrapped her arm around her shoulders and squeezes the one opposite of her roughly "You seem like a friendly girl, blondie, whatcha doing sitting back here by yourself~? Don't tell me you haven't made any friends yet~" she said in a mocking tone, holding her face close to the other girls, giving her a snobby and smug smile.

Cairi clearly starts getting uncomfortable in the situation. She scoots more towards the windows and makes it a point just to look out and ignore what was transpiring right next to her. Her arms were crossed and legs pressed tightly against the wall and together. Attempting to distance herself away from the two as much as possible. She would try making Aile stop, but she has long learned that more often than not it just encourages her, and it was best to just disassociate with what was happening so any anger doesn't get redirected to her.

Typically, Bristol had little to no control of herself when tempted to get violent. But she had to remind herself that 1, she was in a bus, 2, it was full of powered individuals like herself, and 3, it wouldn't be good to start a fight just yet. But that glare of hers only got worse with the repeated slaps to the back. "I don't wanna hear a damn thing about friends outta your mouth when your buddy over there looks like she wants to hop outta the window than deal with you, bitch." Bristol raised her hand to push her intruder's face away from her. "And don't get so close to me like we buddy buddy or some shit. I don't want people thinking I hang with your type."

Aile only snickered more as the girl glared and got angrier. It was highly unlikely anyone on this bus could truly threaten her, someone who was physically strong could only make her even stronger by trying to hurt her, so someone like this girl, regardless of what her power possibly was, would definitely be no threat either. When the girl moved to push her face away, she grabbed her wrist and squeezes it hard, her smug grin only widening "Now now, you're not going to make any friends talking like that, I just came over her to visit with you~" she said mockingly, moving her face even closer and poking the girl's nose with her own. "You should appreciate the company, really, in fact, you should thank me for sitting beside you, and bringing my Princess' illustrious, industrious presence~" she said, before snickering again.

Cariri did her best to shut out the world around here, staring at the trees. Eventually though, her body decided it had enough, with the rising tension happening next to her her anxiety was going skyhigh. She leaned to Aile and whispered to her again. " I'm starting to feel nauseous, can we go somewhere else?" She said in a semi-pleading tone, clearly not enjoying the situation at all.

Bristol did notice the pressure around her wrist, but she wouldn't dare wince. No, she wouldn't give her the satisfaction. "Listen to your friend. Take your goddamn face. Outta mine. And get the fuck outta here. Before we have a problem on this fuckin' bus." She raised her other hand to grab onto the one grabbing hers. Her touch was deceptively light as if she were grabbing fine china, unlike the other girl's. It didn't add much to her threat, but her nearly omnipresent cold glare did the trick of hinting to her loosening self control. She tried counting sheep in her head. That's what people do to calm down, right?

Aile stopped paying attention to the blond girl immediately when Cairi leaned over near her and whispered that she was feeling nauseous, she leaned back and looked at Cairi instead, nodding in understanding "Sorry, Princess, yeah, we can move." she said, ignoring the blond girl, despite her speaking and grabbing onto her wrist. Wordlessly, she shoves the girl back, then stands up with Cairi, walking with her to a nearby empty seat and sitting down with her, letting her lean against her if she wants to. Mentally, she concluded that there would be a chance to harass the girl again later, in a not-so-cramped location. Not that she has a problem with fighting on the bus.

Cairi smiled weakly and nodded at Aile. "Thank you." As she got up and passed by the girl Aile was harassing, she gave her a look that looked like she was apologizing without actually saying anything before moving on. When at the new seat she once again goes for the window seat, but this time doesn't really touch Aile at all, instead opting to continue pressing herself up against the wall of the bus and just watching the trees pass by.

Bristol almost flew off the handle with that last shove, but she reigned in her temper with the reminder that they were leaving and, again, it wouldn't do well to start fighting on the bus with their bus driver up there and all these superpowered people around. Instead, she kicked back into the freed spots, throwing her feet up on them to deter any other would-be invaders. Bristol ignored the other girl's smile as she instead looked away with a rude scoff.

Aile frowns when Cairi doesn't lean on her, but opts not to say anything, instead crossing one leg over the other, then resting one hand on Cairi's back, slowly and gently massaging it while resting back in her seat, only briefly glancing at all of the other people in the bus before resting her eyes, and tipping her hat over them with her free hand.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Next

Return to Roleplay