The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Postby Firehead » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:32 am

The tree still seems dazed from the harm you'd caused it as you pull out the stamen and try to rush your way past it. Thankfully, it lasts just long enough for you to make it past. Still, you realize that you'll either need to find another way out or have to deal with this thing again as you leave. Continuing up the path, you follow the river towards its source before coming into a large room. In the middle of the right wall is a large relief of some kind while in one of the corners, you can see Susano pushing against the wall as if expecting it to move.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

The tree seemed to be in a daze, apparently trees can be dazed when corrupted, which gave Ammy enough time to move past it and once she did she leans against a wall and pants heavily as her body shudders from feeling the effects of the sap in her. "Still there, Issun?" She called for her little friend as she squats and lets some of the sap leak out and hopefully lessen it's effects on her. Once she had let some leak out she fixes her clothes and continues on the path. Eventually she enters a large chamber with some kind of drawing on the wall to her right and a familiar person pushing against a wall. As she walks over to Susano she looks over to the relief on the wall, taking in the picture, before asking Susano, "What are you doing?"
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 am

Susano jumped as you spoke to him completely unaware of your presence. "What are you doing here? Did you follow me? I'm not looking for any apprentices if that's what you're thinking. I'm trying to get through here to get to my secret training ground. It's the perfect place to hi..Er I mean train. Now leave me be." He swings his sword at you, but the wooden blade is swung short clearly not intending to hit you. Issun hops out of your blouse. "Not sure what his deal is, but that wall looks like solid stone to me."

All that's left in the room is a large relief on a far wall. It depicts a tree growing, but there's a conspicuous blank spot in the sky depicted in the image with rays coming from that spot making it pretty clear what is missing from the depiction.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Ammy didn't even flinch as he swung his sword at her, he being too far for the wooden sword to get to her and his swing wasn't even aimed with the intention to strike her. Looking at the wall she had to nod her head in agreement to Issun; seemed like a solid rock wall. Turning around she looks back at the large relief on the wall and notices something missing on it. It didn't take her long to realize that it's probably supposed to be a sun. Then she got an idea. Using her brush powers she decides to draw in the missing sun herself.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 am

As the image gets drawn onto the relief you could almost swear you felt the heat of the sun's rays on you. A few moments later, the wall Susano was pushing against dissolves leaving Susano falling forward. He quickly picks himself back up coughing into his hand. "Well, that seems to have been settled. Now I can get to my secret training grounds." He then runs off down the path.

Having no other direction to go other than back, you follow him leading into another strange chamber. In the center is a tiny sapling. "Hey, that thing kinda smells like Sakuya." Behind it is a raised platform with what turns out to be an opening back outside. It's a sheer cliff face, but it does give a view of the sky which looks dim and dreary. There's is a path leading out that you suppose must lead to Susano's training ground.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 am

Seeing that the entrance to the 'secret training grounds' is now open and her only way forward Ammy decides to follow Susano in. Soon she ends up in a large chamber where there's a small sapling and her canine nose can confirm that it did smell kind of like Sakuya. Walking closer she looks up and notices the view of the sky and another thought comes to mind. Using her brush powers she tries to draw a sun in the sky and whether or not it works she heads towards the path that she assumed Susano went down.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:24 am

Calling upon the sun with your powers does work as it appears, but nothing else about the room seems to change in any way. Still, the way the room is set up it almost looks like the sun is meant to shine on the sapling, and the relief in the last room did depict sunlight growing a tree. Following the other path, a quick Power Slash sees you through a gate before you find another chamber with Susano, and a bear? The bear is clearly asleep which makes the fact that it is standing upright on a crystal orb kind of impressive though Susano seems unimpressed as he gets ready to attack the sleeping beast.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am

Seeing that nothing really happened other than bringing some sunlight into the room Amaterasu continues through the only other path in the room. She uses a Power Slash to get through the gate that blocked the path and finds herself soon entering some chamber with Susano and a bear asleep in some kind of crystal orb. "Are you going to attack the bear?" The wolf asked as she raised a brow while Susano gets into an attack position with his wooden sword.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 am

Susano jumps a bit as you speak to him stopping his attack. "You again, I thought I told you to stop following me." He looks over to the sleeping bear still somehow balancing on the orb. "Well, of course, This foul beast has somehow snuck into my private training ground. Even though the way in had been blocked until now, and with all the strange things going on, this can't be just a coincidence. This creature clearly has some foul intent." He takes a look back at the bear as it continues its sleep.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:51 am

While Ammy thought that Susano might have a point about how strange it was that the bear somehow got in here she didn't think the bear seemed to be evil at all as it was simply sleeping. "Sure it does..." She mumbles as she looks at the bear, wondering how it could sleep and balance on the orb. "It probably found a way in through another cave or something. Also I think waking a sleeping bear is probably a bad idea."
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:44 am

"Ha, you think the great Susano fears any beast? Even if it tried, it wouldn't prove difficult to defeat." Issun jumps up on your shoulder whispering into your ear as the man continues his boasting. "Psst, Ammy, isn't there something weird about that orb?" Looking at it, you can't help but agree. The crystal orb seems to have leaves inside of it swirling as if a breeze were inside. An insignia is also etched in red on the side. It certainly seems to be important to someone and likely not a wild animal.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Amaterasu was about to roll her eyes at Susano's bravado till she noticed Issun jump from her breasts to her shoulder. "Huh?" She turns her head and looks at the thing that the bear is on and for the first time she notices the swirling leaves inside of it and the insignia. Maybe...this thing might be important, maybe back in the room she was just in. "Yeah...I see it now... I guess we do need to wake up that bear now." She said though she was unsure if that was a good idea or not but she couldn't help but get a feeling that she really needs it.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:45 pm

The bear continues napping occasionally wobbling but never falling over. The act seems almost zen in a way. "Yeah, that orb has to be important for something." Susanoo gives you an odd look as he awaits some response to his words. You could go along with his idea, but that would risk angering the sleeping animal. As you try to think of a way to more gently wake it, your gaze moves up and down the beast, and you take note for the first time that it is a male. It must be the way everything is acting recently just getting to you, but you can't seem to stop that thought from crossing your mind.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 am

Ammy wasn't sure if it was a good idea to wake up a sleeping animal though as she looks over the bear she notices it is a male and blushes some as a lewd thought goes through her mind. She shakes her head to get the thought out and looks to Susano. "I suppose we can try to wake it, though I don't think we should harm it either." She shrugs a bit. "Maybe it'll be friendly and just leave when we wake it."
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:54 am

Susanoo gives you an odd look. "And just how do you suggest I awaken this sleeping intruder without waking it? I'm a warrior, not an innkeeper for miscreants. I was all ready to take care of this hairy beast no problem until you stopped me. You still haven't told me why you've been following me around. You a fan or something?" He turns back to the bear but mutters one last thing though you're not sure you were meant to hear it. "That red is so strange too." He pulls out his wooden sword again appearing ready to strike, and you doubt he'd stop without coming up with some alternative.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:30 am

"I just happened to go the same way you were." Ammy says as she crosses her arms before her ear twitches at his last comment and her head snaps to him. Could....he see her markings? But...that should be impossible for him... She then notices him drawing his wooden sword again. She knew she couldn't really talk him out of it so she decides to support him; she isn't really too concerned for the bear but Susano might get hurt so for now she'll have her Slash ability at the ready. She didn't really have any alternatives...well she had one but she didn't really want to do that with Susano around...
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 am

Susano take up his battle stance once again wooden blade at the ready. "Now the time for talk is over. My blade thirsts for battle." Seeming to desire a warm up though, or just wanting to delay attacking the bear as much as possible, he turns his blade instead on the torches that surround the chamber taking them out one by one. Finally, he turns on the bear moving forward to strike. Once again you're able to see that it's a pretty solid technique if it weren't being delivered by a piece of wood, but the intervention of your Power Slash is still necessary. There is a grunt from the bear as it clearly awakens, and it loses its balance on the sphere rather quickly tumbling to the ground, and surprisingly, falling soundly back asleep. Susanoo again looks a little surprised.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 am

Amaterasu uses her brush abilities to help Susano, essentially just making the slashes that he misses and she tries to hold back on the strike against the bear. She watches as the bear wakes and falls off the sphere and....just goes right back to sleep. She shares Susano's surprised look as the bear now just snores on the ground. Guess he must be hibernating or something, Ammy thought before going over to the sphere. "I'll be taking this." She said as she began to roll it back to the other room, knowing that this thing must have some sort of purpose there.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Susano quickly recovers from his surprise. "Well, I think this bear has learned its lesson. Now, I should be off." He doesn't seem to care about the sphere now that the bear has been taken care of, nor does he seem to have any reason to stay at his private training spot.

Left alone with the sphere, you take it back to the previous room. "Wasn't there a sphere in that painting? The one you added the sun onto." Indeed, thinking back on it that does sound right. In fact, the opening to the sky happens to overlook a platform above the sapling.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:54 am

"Yeah, I remember that too Issun." Ammy said as she rolls the sphere back to the other room and remembering that there was a spot where this sphere could possible be placed. As she rolls it she finds it rather easy to roll given she has a humanoid form with hands, making her wonder just how difficult this could be in her normal wolf form so something good to have come from the corruption giving her this body. Once she had rolled it to the platform she makes sure it's in place before redrawing the sun in the sky again.
Soru

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games