Star Wars: Livi's Hunt [sogekik]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Star Wars: Livi's Hunt [sogekik]

Postby Randomizer4 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

sogekik Wrote:Okay, Done, backstories are hard XD:
Name: Livi Sol
Race: Mirialan
Home Planet: Mirial
Picture/Physical Description:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... 1v-pre.jpg

Background: like many of her kind, she joined the republic army, but quickly found herself out of place. Fleeing her enlistment she ended up in the outer-ring, and there she used her various talents to begin her life as a bounty hunter, which she enjoyed far more than being a simple soldier, especially as the risks where greater and the rewards even more so. Eventually she earned enough to buy herself a light frigate and get off world.
Ship: the Dawn’s Revolt; A Modified XS light freighter (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/91/XS_freighter_Haynes.png/revision/latest?cb=20181113215557 )
Current mission: Find Harven Resig
Credits: 350

Blademaster: vibroblades and other melee weapons are your love and you are more proficient with them than normal
Seducer: You can use charms to get your way very easily.
Elusive Shadow: Avoiding a fight is far more cost efficient than fighting every battle

You found yourself in orbit over the outer rim planet of Carlac in the Dawn's Revolt.
The snowy planet of Carlac wasn't exactly the most interesting place in the galaxy. In fact, it was a snowy outer rim backwater inhabited by the uninteresting humanoid species of Ming Po. However, credits were credits and the planet was apparently of interest to the expanding Avesta Mining Corporation. One of their representatives, Harven Resig, a human, would meet you in the "Fiery Lotus" a cantina on Carlac's main town to discuss a job. It was time to suit up warmly and bring down the ship and earn the day's cash!
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Re: Star Wars: Livi's Hunt [sogekik]

Postby sogekik » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Carlac, an icy little back water world, far removed from anywhere, but if there was a job available I'd go just about anywhere, if I got paid well enough. A tropical beach world would be nice once in a while but for now Barren ice-scapes would have to do. I get changed into something more suited for the weather, and gear up, a vibroblade on my back, and a blaster on my waist, I could grab more if I needed it after I find out what I'm doing exactly, but for now warm clothes and the basics would do me fine.

once I was changed I headed to the cockpit to begin the descent down to the planets surface.
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm

A cracked radio voice of the air traffic controller "Carlac Interplanetary Spaceport" greets you and helps you descend... the skies were clear for now, so it was easy to touch down on one of the five landing pads this 'port' had to offer. One of the local Ming Po, in fact the man who was the air traffic controller just minutes ago, greets you when you walk down your ship's ramp.

"Greetings, visitor! What brings you to this place? Have you come bearing supplies?"

it was probably suspicious for anybody to land down here and although the man's tone was friendly, the hand resting on his own blaster made you feel he wasn't completely sure of your good intentions, which, honestly, was a good gut feeling on his part.
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:47 pm

I look him over discreetly, sizing him up in case he caused me trouble. I'd avoid it if I could making trouble with the locals wouldn't make the job any easier.
" no, I'm here looking for someone that's all, they have some work for me, and well I'm kind of desperate otherwise I wouldn't be out here," I explain, not exactly telling a lie, but definitely not telling him everything, bounty hunters tended to make people twitchy, not that I blame them.
I wait for them to reply figuring I shouldn't seem too eager to get away from him
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 am

"Well, unless you are looking for anyone from our planet, you are probably looking for the Avesta representative." The man points to the only other ship in dock, a shuttle wearing the corporation's logo. Great... your contact was a subtle one.

He smirked a bit and shrugged. "Strange man, gave me 10 credits just to tell any strangers that." It was clear the Ming Po was willing to let all that slide if you were. "Were you to look for this stranger, I heard he was at the spaceport cantina, it's a short walk." With that, he stepped aside, gesturing towards the port's exit. "Enjoy your stay, stranger."

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:17 am

" that's right, thank you, I'll be on my way then" I tell him with a smile as I head off towards the ports exit.
clearly I'd been worried about nothing, though the fact that the Avesta rep, had decided to be so obliviously careless Irritated me a little, if my target had noticed the ship I might have a much harder job finding them, still that was a problem for later. For now all I needed to do was talk to Harven and work out what I was supposed to be doing.
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:22 am

A stroll through the snowy town revealed little of interest. The homes and shops seemed cozy and well insulated, which was all the better if this was how cold it was on a clear day. There were some locals strolling around, nothing suspicious. You spot at least a general store, a hunting store and a clothing store, and note down in your memory where they are. Some of the houses have banners on them, red with a five-pointed snow crystal surrounded by a golden circle. Perhaps that was the planets or the towns symbol? Either way, the Fiery Lotus was easy enough to find as it was right up the street that led from the port to what seemed to be the main square of this frankly small settlement. You could hear some classic cantina tunes coming from outside along with the banter of some locals. This was definitely the place.

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 am

the stores might be useful if I ended up staying here for a while, and it might be worth restocking before I left but beyond that, I doubted I'd have much use for them, So I head straight to the cantina. It sounded fairly pleasant at least, and it was definitely warmer than the outside, on what could quite possibly be a warm day here.
once inside I look around taking in the mood, as well as looking for my contact, it was always good to be conscious of my environment.
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:39 am

The bar seemed to be on the far side of the entrance, with one side having a small stage, although no one was preforming at the moment. It was half full, surprising for the current hour, perhaps. Most of the people there, both men and women, natives, were enjoying some sort of bright-blue drink. You almost facepalm as a man about your age, sitting in the most obvious corner table, winks at you. You found your man, as would anyone following you have.

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:45 am

I roll my eyes, and head on over, containing my rage at how seemingly oblivious this man was. it wasn't apparent whether he was incompetent, stupid or just damn cocky but whichever it was it wasn't a good sign.
I sit opposite him looking behind me briefly to make sure I hadn't been followed, not that we'd be hard to find" so what's the job?" I ask getting straight to business
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 am

The man's cocky grin still didn't betray whether he was extremely arrogant or extremely stupid. "How nice of you to join us... I hope you are getting familiar with this world!" He rubs his hands together with a sort of glee a corporate overlord would have when thinking about his next acquisition. "This rock is only valuable for one thing and one thing only. Aurodium Ore. Our prospectors have recently found the motherload in caves near here." He sighs and twirls his fingers in the air. "However, the natives insist that going on a worthwhile venture with us would be bad for their 'sacred' religion. It is... such... a... shame, they don't see the value of modernity, wouldn't you say?"

Another smirk as he passed you a datapad. "5 leaders from 5 families rule this rock. Where they go, the rest will follow. However, monetary persuasion has gotten us nowhere, with the current high priestess of their stupid religion, using her leverage to stop the families from seeing our side of the story. And that's where you come in. The datapad seemed to have files on the 'Crystal Council' and the high priestess.

Resig looked around. "We need this planet for Avesta. But we will need a majority in the council. Any. Means. Necessary." He waits for you to ask any questions...

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 am

I take the pad, scanning through the information quickly, " so to be clear get these 5 to see things your way. I'm assuming you don't want them dead, so we're talking intimidation, etc. right?" I ask him figuring it was probably the only question worth asking before promptly disassociating myself with him, before anyone suspected anything too untoward.
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 am

The pad had files on the five families:
Ruzi: Mainly concern themselves with underground mushroom farms, one of the main form of nutrition. Led by a man named Brindon Ruzi.
Grantor: Hunters, honourable but rough people, led by a man named Turek Grantor.
Efala: Mainly concerned with vehicles, spacetravel and overland travel and traders, led by a woman: Yvaz Efala.
Prinros: Concerned with mining, lumbering and other manual labour, led by a man:: Moran Prinros.
Malavoras: The family that leads the council, appoints the high priestess and is tasked with keeping the peace, led by Pythia Malavoras.

While you were scanning these files, that had addresses for all these families as well as a map of the settlement,Resig shaked his head. "the quieter the better, but it's up to your discretion. He slipped you a credit chip. 300 credits. "For expenses, you will get your payment when we get our mines."

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 am

I nod, " okay then, I'll see you when the jobs done" I tell him standing up and moving elsewhere in the bar, checking to make sure that none of my targets where actually in the room with me, it was going to get a drink then sitting elsewhere so I could formulate a plan on my own
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 am

He nods and sips some of his drink, a human beer. "Good luck." None of the targets appeared to be in the room, athough the bartender, a younger twi'lek woman, eyes you when you get a drink. "New in town, huh?" She asks, a mix of happy curiosity and suspicion in her voice. Of course she gets you your drink while she waits for her answer.

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am

" just passing through," I tell her as I watch her make my drink. " seems nice enough, for a barren wasteland" I add half seriously, as I contemplate the job,
once my drink was ready I took it, " so what's a pretty Twi'lek, doing on an Ice ball like this?" I ask her after taking a sip
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 am

"Alright, I see... it is pretty safe and quiet... although it has its petty issues, I suppose." She smiles, "It's no Ry'loth, but the planet is home to these people," she adds after your comment.
She leans over the metal bar and smiles, "As for me... a usual story, I suppose. The people in the core worlds think slavery is banned. But not in the Outer Rim. I was taken as a kid, sold a bunch of times, but someone was kind enough to let me earn my freedom." She looks away when she says that. "Now I am a free Twi'lek, but stranded halfway back to home. At least I don't have to dance for my credits." The drink was nice and warmed you up inside, a good property for a drink on Carlac.

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:05 am

I nod in understanding, " it's okay, I know it can be rough, I've been out in the rim for most of my adult life, so I'm no stranger to it's harshness" I tell her, trying to be comforting. " if you want to get back to Ryloth, I could probably help you get closer, my travels don't take me that way too often, but I might be able to get you somewhere where you can catch a ride there from," I offer, hoping that she'd trust me a little more and I might be able to get some useful intel from her
sogekik

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 pm

She smirks, "You are asking me to trust a stranger, but you Mirialans are trustworthy as far as I know, so what if I'd bite? You don't look like you work for charity."

Randomizer4

Postby sogekik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

" I might need some information while I'm here, but honestly I have a big ship for just me, so long as you help me keep it up and running I don't have a problem taking you with me," I tell her with a smile, as I drink more of my drink,
sogekik

Next

Return to Private Games