Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straight]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straig

Postby Yeehaw Games » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Let’s start with the new monster girl poll for the upcoming update. You can vote for your favorites here. Okay, now what can you expect aside from the usual story + puzzle combo?

I want to make update v0.6 about additional quest activities to tag along with the card game and treasure hunting from v0.5. Still drafting the detailed version of these quest lines but they will get a nice mix of humor, rewards for completion and perhaps even some influence on Yorna‘s endings. Putting a scene will be nice too yet finishing full quest chains with a decent amount of details will require more than one release.

The idea is to make two ”factions” with conflicting goals and give players a choice of supporting one of them or ignoring the opportunity. This activity will take Ada’s lewd stats into consideration, so you can expect different character reaction and ways to complete the quests.

The next big point will be the struggle against the crash problem. While I can’t directly fix the issue myself because it’s too deep in the engine core, I’ll do my best my pushing the tickets with respective tech support (nwjs + RPG Maker). Don’t think I’m forgetting about it.

v0.6 will receive 3 new H scenes if everything plays out alright during the production phase. 2 standard scenes for the boss and the monster girl, plus one extra for the mansion. Each of them will have normal and slutty variations as usual.

I’ll think about making some quality of life changes for the lab and other sections of the game. Something like an auto-stop for blackjack if you already have 21 points and there’s no point in taking another card. Save/Load menu can use a top to bottom switchover feature to use the autosave slot in a more convenient way and other small improvements.

Your lab will get several new enchantment options with rare materials like mithril ore and magic essence along with additional trinkets.

Thanks to your support we are getting closer to the second Patreon goal. This means I need to refresh and adjust the feature list to put inside the poll. Though, there’s little doubt which option will be the most popular :P The poll will use the same logic as any monster girl voting you saw so far. Either way, I’ll make an info post about it once we will be ready,

Oh, and for those players who struggle with the volcano floor puzzle - I’ll make a video solution on the weekend, yet I strongly recommend you to beat it on your own.

Feel free to contact me with any trouble you encounter in the game and stay tuned for further updates.
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:29 am

I hate having to wait for the free demos, but I'm too poor to support you every month at this point...

I do have one question, are you likely to have interactions between the various monstergirls once you get them to join? Like the faerie and the red oni discussing things, and the oni continually suggesting "have a drink, it'll loosen you up" much to the faerie's chagrin? No worries if not, just like the idea

Oh yes, have things changed where it's better that Ada is better suited to be a slut, or is she better suited to be "pure", or does it allow for either so the player can choose whatever they think it best? Like being pure means you lose out on certain outfits but gives you other benefits, and if she's a slut there's more choices for outfits but other benefits are locked out?
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:03 pm

musical74 Wrote:I hate having to wait for the free demos, but I'm too poor to support you every month at this point...

I do have one question, are you likely to have interactions between the various monstergirls once you get them to join? Like the faerie and the red oni discussing things, and the oni continually suggesting "have a drink, it'll loosen you up" much to the faerie's chagrin? No worries if not, just like the idea

Oh yes, have things changed where it's better that Ada is better suited to be a slut, or is she better suited to be "pure", or does it allow for either so the player can choose whatever they think it best? Like being pure means you lose out on certain outfits but gives you other benefits, and if she's a slut there's more choices for outfits but other benefits are locked out?

I add more monster girls cutscenes every release. Such events show their character, give more details about their quirks and set up the lighthearted mood for the game. Can’t say that I plan to add a lot of them in v0.6 but you can definitely expect some. Juggling development, day job and real life can be challenging for a one-man band.

You can progress with both ”pure” and “slutty” Ada. Generally, slutty dresses offer more stats earlier but high slut level increases incoming damage from lust attacks. Kind of double-edged sword. Yorna’s endings will take her stats into account too.

As for locking out players out of some content, I don’t like the idea very much. Yes, there need to be some restrictions but I want to keep them decently small and not limiting. Yes, there are some dresses which require a certain slut level yet they aren‘t mandatory.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm

January poll kept the intrigue up to the end!

Night Gaunt wins with 41 points, one point behind her is Valkyrie with 40. 3rd place goes to charming Titania with 34 points. Dragon is close behind with 32 and Wyvern closes the leader's bracket with 24. Harpy finishes with 18 points while Manticore has only 15. Our last challengers are far behind - Chimaera got 7 and Griffon has only 5 points.

Thanks for participating and your support :)
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm

NOT THE NIGHT GAUNTS! Those are horribly evil! "gets told this isn't Quest for Glory: So you want to be a Hero" Oh...maybe not then...

Joking aside, I am curious how you'll work a "night creature" into the game, will you now have a day/night mechanic, or will the night gaunt just be someplace that's really dark? I know there are some monsters that dislike the light, and I imagine night gaunt would be one of them
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:50 pm

//// Updated 06/02 to version 05.a with these changes:

Fixed the Serena scene unlock item and made a script within your castle’s courtyard to check if one of Serena‘s scenes are present to grant the missing one. If you used the item before - you’ll need to walk inside your castle and save the game. Then check the gallery.

Looks like one of the frames for ogre‘s lusty scene gone missing during old scene upgrade. Fixed the issue and checked other scenes for similar problems.

Ada needed a nerf ^^ Walking through bars like a terminator. Fixed the doors inside cultist lair puzzle zone - now you actually need to use the statue to open them.

Fixed the logic with entering pine forest section. Now hitting escape will properly close the window without transporting player inside pine forest’s maps.

Reduced craft item list’s height to avoid overlapping with craft ingredients. All of the recipes are still available but you must scroll down to see them all. Added a small arrow to show if you have more options than you can see on a single screen.

/////////

A bit of early release because I'm going on a business trip and can't guarantee enough free time and a stable connection. You can check full change log here.

Version 0.5a is up and ready for download. You can get it here:
Windows – Google Disk | Mega mirror
MacOS X – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Linux family – Google Disk| Mega mirror

Don't forget to copy your whole save folder inside the new release!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Yorna v0.6 is ready and you can get it here with the full pack of early access goodies.

Let’s see what’s new aside from the usual story + puzzle + cutscene addition.

H content

This release has 3 new basic scenes, each of them prepared both in normal and lewd variations. The first scene with the night gaunt is available on the upper floors of Mortimer’s tower while the boss scene awaits you at the top.

The third scene, featuring group sex, is inside baron’s mansion – check out the new basement zone. The entrance is to the left of the reception. To get past the guard, you’ll need to have at least 10 in Ada’s lewd level and baron’s scene with the piano.

Optional content

V0.6 update brings the foundation for 2 factions and their own quest lines. You can check them out and start earning their trust right now. Nun of Octa’s church built a monastery North of Ada’s castle and the refugees have a tent camp just outside of the lumberjack’s village.

Starting quests are easy to do and won’t require anything special to complete. They are here to hint at what’s coming in the next updates. So far, I plan to make at least 1 scene per faction aside from a pack of cutscenes and other interesting stuff.

Upcoming domination mode

While not directly a part of v0.6 release, I decided to mention this feature to mark players’ choice for the next feature in Yorna.

It will allow Ada to use lust magic overwhelm her opponents with sexual desire. Then she will take an active role during the new H event. To unlock such a scene, players need to have access to lust magic and win using only it. No clubbing enemies or fireballs to the face. Just pure lust magic like ”Lust Bolt” and ”Seduce” skills which you can get from dresses.

Most common monsters will receive the new mechanic. Obvious exceptions are enemies without brains (like skeletons) or non-humanoid types (like the poor sad flower in Nymph’s forest).

Why not bosses too? Ada invites new monster girls to her castle after winning and she actually needs to look them in the face afterward :)

Interface / Usability changes

Added vertical scroll in save and load screens. Now you can press up on the top of the list and the cursor will jump al the way to the bottom. Hitting down on the bottom will place the cursor at the top. The same applies to shops and menu choices.

Added a bit of space to the last batch of small maps which had problems with either blocking the exit points with Ada’s sprite or blocked “on-map” sprites during dialogues. Some of the maps: sand caves, nymph’s forest and grey kitchen.

Eruvian jack (the card game) no longer asks if you want to take another card while the score is already 21. Instead, the game automatically passes and allows your opponent to draw.

The game no longer forces you to enter the pine forest if you hit the escape button on the global map menu. Now it correctly closes the choice menu without moving the player.

Fixed a GUI bug where recipe and material lists could overlap during crafting.

Fully restored castle now responses to approaching the game – the same logic as the half-finished one. You don’t need to hit the action button to enter one of the rooms.

Small fixes / Improvements

Changed castle’s garden exit point so it no longer places Ada right before an obstacle.

Fixed a rare bug with mansion’s logic which blocked going to the second floor and the whole “maid” business.

Added a missing file to the CG gallery for ogre’s lusty scene. Now it no longer forces the game to bombard you with errors.

Fixed Oakheart’s description to a proper one.

Fixed shadows inside your castle’s kitchen.

Now you actually need to solve the statue puzzle before getting inside the “goodies” rooms in the cultist’s lair.

Fixed Serena’s scene item unlockable. If you used it before the fix, just walk inside your castle’s courtyard and save. The gallery will check the fix and add the missing scene if you already defeated her.

Fixed description for one of Calista’s combat skills.

Fixed Mio’s name in the first cutscene with Ayane at her fox shrine. Forgive me, kitty ><

Fixed graphics layering problem for snow mountain region on the global map.

=====

Whew, looks like that’s it. As always, you don’t like something in the game – tell me and if you like Yorna – tell your friends. Stay tuned for upcoming updates!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:49 pm

February monster girl poll has ended - let’s see who’s won this time.

Ren wins with 48 points, behind her is Honey Bee with 31. 3rd place goes to Lizard with 13 points. Other girls end up with almost identical numbers: Mouse has 9, Golem has 8 and Kakuen ended up with 7.

Someone definitely loves pandas ^^ Thanks for participating and your support :)
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 pm

"adds another vote to the lovable panda"

Just need to wait until you get the latest version to "free" (waayyyyyy too much month at the end of the money lately), but definitely like this! Oh, do you update on itch.io too? Might get more viewers that way...but I don't know what they want for the people making the games!
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:09 am

musical74 Wrote:"adds another vote to the lovable panda"

Just need to wait until you get the latest version to "free" (waayyyyyy too much month at the end of the money lately), but definitely like this! Oh, do you update on itch.io too? Might get more viewers that way...but I don't know what they want for the people making the games!

Yes, I updated itch with all the public news and releases up to the current set. They don’t really want anything from developers but there’s a limitation to uploaded files. The site accepts files up 1to 1GB which is very close to v0.6 volume.

I’ll contact admins about this yet I’m not sure if the limitation will be changed. Either way, I can leave links to the Patreon and/or post direct download links to circumvent the issue.
Yeehaw Games

Postby MerDeLumiere » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Hey, I think you need to look into the code for getting the reforged blade converted into spellblade/etc. in the lab. Near as I can tell, if you don't get it done during your first visit to the lab you're shit out of luck for the rest of the game. If you return later, he just offers his crafting services, so I'd imagine that that would be what's conflicting. I suppose you'd know better what else it could be.
MerDeLumiere

Postby Yeehaw Games » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Hey, I think you need to look into the code for getting the reforged blade converted into spellblade/etc. in the lab. Near as I can tell, if you don't get it done during your first visit to the lab you're shit out of luck for the rest of the game. If you return later, he just offers his crafting services, so I'd imagine that that would be what's conflicting. I suppose you'd know better what else it could be.

Got it, thanks for reporting the problem. Fixed it for the next big release. It’s a priority problem - new events for NPC takes priority over previous ones if not otherwise specified. The fix will forbid going into the shop menu before finishing the blade.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Aiwa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:51 am

Love all these monster girls~~ wow!
Aiwa

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:18 pm

A bit of an early release since I'm going on another business trip and can't guarantee a stable connection tomorrow. You can check the full changelog here and the game is available on these links:

Windows – Google Disk | Mega mirror
MacOS X – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Linux family – Google Disk | Mega mirror

Don't forget to copy your save folder into the new project!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Yorna v0.7 is out and ready for download. You can get the latest release here.

Let’s check what’s new aside from the usual story + puzzle + treasure bundle.

H Content and domination mode

This update features 3 new scenes. 1 with the panda, the second one with the honey bee and the last one with the ogre. Yes, it’s the first domination scene with Ada taking the active role. How? By reducing your enemies into lewd heaps driven by lust!

To activate the domination mode you will need to win the battle using non-damaging skills – namely Seduce or Lust Bolt. You can use any kind of buffs or heals and even items (Chap’s fine too if you decide to be funny about it) but no direct attacks. Default auto attack counts as direct aggression and won’t allow you to get domi scene. Since ogres receive extra damage from lust magic – this should be easy.

Domination scenes use a familiar logic with the regular variations. They support full/short length option to change the amount of text you’ll see. At the moment, I didn’t implement “Skip” feature for already watched domi scenes but it will be easy if players will voice such desire. Holding enter will fast-forward the text as usual though.

After the event’s end, Ada will appear at the battle tile – you don’t need to start the dungeon from the start. You can find domination events at the bottom of the gallery, marked with “Domination” tag. I’ll keep adding them there so they won’t mix up with “normal” scenes. Domi event support both full scene replay option and CG variation in the gallery – just like all other scenes.

New dress with medium lust requirement

To help you try out the domination mode without turning Ada into a complete slut, I added another craftable clothes for her. It provides the “Seduction” skill and requires only 10 lewd points. Check out Diana’s shop to get it.

New dialogue scenes and other improvements in your castle

For the start, I added new merchants in the longue area for player convenience. They provide medium grade potions and craft resources for gold.

Serena really kicked up laboratory’s efficiency – check it out for the new enchantment options to help you in your travels.

If you are hunting for dialogue cutscenes, visit the castle’s garden and Ada’s room. I added 2 new mini-scenes featuring Mio, Calista and Fiora the Panda.

Secondary faction quests

Both refugees and nuns receive a new quest – 1 for each faction. Ada will be able to learn more about these strange people and perhaps even glimpse the true nature of some characters. Will you be able to guess what’s coming next?

Small improvements / Bugfixes

Secondary factions received mentions in the “Help” functions for their respective quests. Once you receive them – you can use this feature to keep track of what you’ll need to do in order to progress further.

Maneater dress now adds the correct bonus for lust damage and show the correct slut level requirement in the info screen.

Fixed a small box in the pine forest. The loot used incorrect icon – healing pot instead of coins.

Fixed a problem with the craftable blade inside your castle. Now it has the highest priority and the lab master won’t switch to the regular shop before you finish blade’s restoration.

Fixed a bug with endless lewd level checking for dresses which required Ada to be pure (less or equal slut requirement)

Expanded herb garden’s size. Now you can’t see butterflies flying over the big black void on the right side of the zone.

Added interactive shadows inside the castle’s courtyard. Now they darken the objects under them.

Fixed another variation of a bug, which blocked players from getting to the second floor inside baron’s mansion.

Fixed one of Ayane's conversations which hid Ada's spire even if players didn't press Q.

Added weakness to clear-list for cleanse skill and medicine.

=======

That’s it. Stay tuned for upcoming March -> April plans and monster girl poll for v0.8!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello! Another month, another release and it’s time to talk about what I will do in the upcoming month aside from the usual story + puzzle combo.

Before we begin - don’t forget to participate in the new monster girl poll for Yorna v0.8.

Let’s start with H stuff. You can expect 2 normal scenes - one for the boss and the other one for common enemies. Aside from this, I plan to make April the first month with 4 scenes, which means 2 domination scenes. I’m not sure about the exact enemies at the moment but gnoll and jinko look like main candidates.

I guess after the initial testing it’s safe to announce the upcoming Android mobile version. I can’t give an exact date for its arrival since it’s far from finished but I’ll do my best roll it out in April. The mobile version has some unique platform-based problems which need tending. After the initial delivery, it will use the same logic as any other platform, including early access release waves.

Crash problem is still with us and somehow it looks like Yorna will be completed before I’ll get any meaningful answer from nwjs team or RPG Maker support. They are still answering with the same ”We are working on this issue” standard mails. Yes, the autosave feature made playing somewhat easier but still…

You can expect some interface changes and quality of life improvements. For example, the ability to use several herbal teacups through a single interaction. Players asked about this several times and this feature will arrive in v0.8. Feel free to contact me with other ideas!

Also, I drafted new dialogue mini-scenes for Yorna - they’ll feature both new and old monster girls. In one of them, Ayane the kitsune will offer Ada special training at her shrine to help her in future battles. What can go wrong?

Optional faction story lines will receive news quest, one for each faction. You’ll see a special ritual to help the common folk who suffer from lust aura’s influence in nun’s quest line. And the refugees” task will serve a start for a special operation!

These are the main points for March -> April development. Some details may change a bit during the month but not that much. Stay tuned for updates and previews!
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm

March poll was a decent fight between two main candidates. Chesire wins with 58 points while Valkyrie gets the second place for 46 points. Angel and Apsara end up with scores of 21 and 22 respectively. Jubjub finishes with 8 points and Cupid gets only 5 votes.

Hmm, I wonder if Mio influenced the results ^^

Also, we have a new record for participants - 76 people took part in deciding the new monster girl. Thanks for participating and your support :)
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 pm

YAY! Cat-girl!! "Envisions all sorts of sexy times with the Cheshire cat"

One question, All the monstergirls and monsters so far inhabit one "area" (at least as much as I've played, anyway), will you ever have them show up in more than one area? Like have the Cheshire cat or the panda babe show up in two areas, maybe one from an earlier area but ONLY after you get to point A? (Or is that even possible?)
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 am

musical74 Wrote:YAY! Cat-girl!! "Envisions all sorts of sexy times with the Cheshire cat"

One question, All the monstergirls and monsters so far inhabit one "area" (at least as much as I've played, anyway), will you ever have them show up in more than one area? Like have the Cheshire cat or the panda babe show up in two areas, maybe one from an earlier area but ONLY after you get to point A? (Or is that even possible?)

It’s possible to do but I think adding more monsters to maps will make them harder to navigate without the sneak skill. They aren’t that big after all some narrow passages won’t give players enough space to evade the enemies.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Heya! I made a poll about moving between rooms inside the player’s castle. It’s a public vote so drop in and choose which option you prefer. I’ll make the logic changes according to player feedback. 
Yeehaw Games

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects