PMD: A Lucario's Corruption (Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: PMD: A Lucario's Corruption (Firehead)

Postby Soru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm

It seems like you weren't the only one that wanted to see Jet fighting as there's a small audience around the sparring ring that Jet and Brute are using. While Brute seemed older should be more experienced than Jet that didn't seem to be the case as the young Buizel is able to swiftly dodge just about all of Brute's punches that he doesn't decide to block. Nearby you hear some girls squeal about Jet as they get excited just to watch him fight.

"You're fast kid, but your speed won't always protect you." Brute says as he launches all four fists forward, trying to make it so Jet couldn't dodge. Instead the Buizel crosses his arms and they glow for just a second before a thick layer of ice covers them. The ice shatters on the impact of Brute's fists and Jet winces just slightly but the ice seemed to have taken most of the impact. With quick movements Jet makes his counter and throws his fist forward, his fist glowing again as Brute blocks. "Bad move." Jet said as his fist hits Brute's crossed arms and ice spreads over them, locking the Machamps arms together. With another punch Brute is sent off balance and falls over while the small audience cheers, especially the girls near you. Each of Jet's moves seems calculated; letting Brute attack while increasing his defense, with an offensive move too, so he could quickly counter with his opponent having no choice but to try to block which he used to his advantage. "Geez...I forget how strong that Ice Punch of yours is." Brute chuckles a bit as he soon breaks the ice and stands up. "No wonder how you became S-Ranked so quickly."
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:02 am

Sandra tried her best to find a decent spot to watch since this particular sparring match seemed to be such a popular watch. She could hear the other girls fawning over Jet, but she was getting the feeling that that was just how things went. Despite the crowd, she did get a decent look at the fight and found herself wondering about the way he used his Ice Punch as a shield as well as to attack. Perhaps if she kept an Aura Sphere within her grip rather than just discharging it as soon as it was ready maybe she could make similar use out of that too. If she could keep the energy held even as she deflected an attack with it, she could then quickly attack an opponent just as they've finished an attack without giving them time to get back on the defensive.

It wasn't something she'd want to try in a real fight without practicing first. Suddenly, she recalled the machine she'd practiced her dodging on. She could try to deflect with a charged Aura Sphere to see how well she could keep the charge held. With that in mind, she went looking for the equipment she was thinking of hoping it wasn't in use.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:28 pm

As you think over how to apply what you learned from the fight you notice something else; Jet moves his right arm and winces a bit and you could notice a small bruise where he had blocked before; seems like the ice didn't block the attack entirely and more like it only numbed the pain. It reminds you a bit of how Jet took that hit from the Houndoom to get his own hit then. Brute notices this and frowns some. "Still though, you got to come up with less plans that involve injuring yourself." He then smirks. "Or maybe you just want an excuse to go to the infirmary." Jet says nothing though you couldn't help but maybe see a hint of...something on the Buizel's typically stoic face but it was hard to tell what. He jumps out of the arena and starts to head towards the infirmary.

Nearby you hear the fangirls squealing a bit about the Buizel. "Oh he's so cool~ Maybe I can convince him to go on a job with me." "Or just to train with. Oh, I wish I could get him to notice me." "Wait...does he have a girlfriend?" "No...I've never seen him with anyone..." "Then I'll be the one!" "No, I will!"

You decide to leave before the girls start a cat fight and you look to the training equipment. There were a couple of machines that might work for you; one would shoot some kind of soft balls at you while another is like the one you used before which is a swinging sandbag.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 am

Seeing the pain in his arms, Sandra is reminded not only of his fight with the Houndoom but also the cuts he'd shown her on his hands. It was clearly not a path that was without pain, and she was a bit nervous, but she felt the need to keep pushing and prove herself.

She blushed hearing the other girls continuing to fawn over the buizel, and she had to admit there was a lot to admire about him. A part of her wondered if what she'd seen on him was loneliness, but she shook those thoughts away. She was just jumping to conclusions there.

Looking over the equipment, she saw the swinging sandbags she'd used earlier as well as a machine that would lob softballs at her. The softballs were smaller but carried less weight to them likely making it hard to hit them with her defense but easier to deflect them if she did. For now, she decided to see if her Aura Sphere could even block heavier blows before working too hard on intercepting incoming attacks. She also needed to work on charging her Aura Sphere quickly like he'd shown her earlier but working on both at once might be too much. She decided to first try out holding one Aura Sphere through many blocks. If it seemed to go well, she could start releasing the Aura and charging a second before the next sandbag comes.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:10 am

You step up onto the training machine and take a moment to ready yourself before starting, first by seeing how fast you can charge your Aura Sphere and how long it takes to get it to full size. As you focus you think over a bit of what you learned from Jet; his style of fighting involved calculated risk that probably came from experience of many fights, something you lacked. However you did learn that he uses his moves in unconventional ways, like how he uses the offensive move Ice Punch defensively. With that in mind you should be able to use Aura Sphere in a similar manner though you know you need to sharpen your focus to do it efficiently.

Once you get an idea of how long it takes to make an Aura Sphere, about two seconds for a small one and five seconds for a full charge that you are able to hold safely, you are ready to test it out. (Roll-14) Using a fully charged Aura Sphere you block the incoming sand bag and at first you find it hard to block it when it's coming straight at you by just holding the sphere out in front of you. It swings back and this time you try something different; you swipe your hand as it gets close and you use the sphere to defect the large sandbag away and find it easier to hold the Aura Sphere together. After a while you get more used to it, a fully charged aura sphere able to block of deflect several times before you need to charge up another one while a quickly charged one can block a couple times. Now it's more of matter of keeping track of your spheres' charge and how many hits you block.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 am

Taking up position on the training machine, Sandra quickly got an idea of how quickly she could charge up an Aura Sphere. Once she had a good idea of that, her real training could begin in using an offensive move to block attacks. At first, it was a struggle as she simply held the charged sphere between her and the bag which only caused her to keep getting pushed back until she realized she could hit the bag in a way that caused it to veer off its course and swing wide.

Finally having a better feel for how to do it as well as how many times she could do it before she lost hold of the Aura Sphere, she decided the training had been worthwhile. Attacks in a real battle wouldn't be so slow moving, so she'd want to test it out with the softballs a bit later, but for now, she got down and headed for the lockerrooms looking to get herself washed up. After losing herself to her lust earlier, the training had felt invigorating despite how sore it left her feeling.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm

After your training session you felt a bit sore and exhausted but you also felt proud of yourself for improving and you find your mood to be pretty good. Despite having lost to your lusts earlier in your room this time training has felt refreshing and you can definitely call this a progressive day despite not doing a job. The shower in the locker room helps refresh you even more so now as the sweat is washed away from your body. Checking the time it's getting a bit late now, having had a late start in the morning, working at the general store, and your long training session have taken up a good amount of the day. You could hang out at the Guild for the rest of the night before you go to bed or you could go into town again.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:53 am

All washed up, Sandra dried herself off with a towel and got dressed feeling pretty good about herself despite last night and this afternoon. It was certainly too late now to consider doing a mission or working in town. In fact, it was probably getting about time to consider dinner, and after that workout, she was certainly feeling famished. Concerned about encountering Bolt and Dune again, she decided it was better to avoid the café tonight. Making her way to the mess hall, Sandra planned to really get her fill after that workout.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:01 pm

It was about dinner time now so when you enter the mess hall you find it rather packed and loud as many fellow explorers were eating after a long day. You gather your own food and try to find a place to sit amongst the many Pokémon. Looking around you see some Pokémon you recognize. Slash seemed to be sitting with some friends and, of course, flirting with a nearby female. You spot your Lopunny friend Cotton sitting at a nearly empty table with a few other Pokémon there; she seemed to be in a better mood than this morning, probably having gotten some good training in today as well. You spot the Grovyle Razor who helped you with a training machine and had a nice talk at the café sitting at one table with other Pokémon. Finally you recognize the Luxio and Glaceon couple who were with the Guildmaster and Jet when they returned; they seem to be sitting at their own table with Ray and a few others.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:06 am

Sandra made sure to pile her plate with food partially to reward herself and partially because she was pretty famished. Once she had her plate filled, she took a look around to see where she could sit. She could see Slash was busy chatting and flirting like usual. Cotton looked available and in a decent mood. She could see Razor who'd she'd only really had limited contact with, and she also saw the Luxio and Glaceon couple. She decided to try chatting with them since when she met them, she really was talking to someone else who just happened to be near them. She walked up near where the couple were sitting. "Excuse me, do you mind me having a seat here?"
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:36 am

The two of them and some of the others at the table look up but the couple smile and nod their heads. "Sure you can." The Glaceon said as she motions for you to take a seat. Looking at the others at the table you see mostly familiar faces like Brute and Felicity sitting at the table. Seems like this table is currently occupied by either staff or those close to the staff or those of a very high rank.

"Soru, Nina, this is Sandra. She just joined recently." Ray introduced you as you sat down next to the Glaceon, Nina, who smiles at you. "Well welcome to the Guild." She said as she shakes your hand a bit. "So how has Guild life been for you so far? You seem like a strong one."
Soru

Postby Firehead » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 am

Sandra nodded thanking them as she took a seat next to the Glaceon. She nodded to the couple as Ray introduced her to them blushing a bit when Nina complimented her. Considering how strong he was, hearing Jet's sister call her strong was not something she'd expected. "Oh, thanks, I do try. I've only just moved up to D-rank the other day." Her blush only grew wider as she realized she'd practically blurted that out, and it had come out as more of a brag than she'd meant it to. "I mean, I still have a ways to go still."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 pm

"Really? Congrats." The Luxio said as he holds up his drink. "Did you celebrate at all? Nina and I did once we reached our first rank up. We weren't even evolved yet at the time." He said as he looks at you from behind Nina who also congratulated you. "Don't worry about the ranks too much; just go at your own pace and do what you can. Even the low rank jobs make a difference and help others." Nina said. It didn't seem like any of them thought you were bragging at all.

"Have you met Jet yet?" Soru asked. "He's Nina's brother and he's pretty strong; took me a while before I was able to hold my own against him, and he didn't like me much at the time." The Luxio chuckles a bit.

"By that you mean he hated you." Nina said with a sigh. "My brother can be...over protective of me and our younger siblings. He grew to like and respect Soru eventually but boy it did take a while. Sorry, didn't mean to bring that up. Hey, if you ever need advice come find us."
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:37 am

Sandra nods as the couple congratulates her feeling embarrassed when the word celebration pops up. "Yeah, I already got that done." She really hoped no one would press her any further about that. Thankfully, someone did decide to change the subject of Jet. She wasn't quite sure why he came up, but no point in questioning it. "Yes, there was a bit of a filing error, and I got sent on the wrong mission. Once they figured out what happened, he was sent to help me out."

She nodded as Nina talked about her brother. "It sounds like your family's pretty close. Between how he handled the guy he saved me from and his spar with Brute earlier, he definitely sets a high standard." She nods when Nina mentioned getting advice. "Sure, I'll look for you if I ever find something you can help me with." She suddenly remembered something looking a bit shocked at herself. "Oh right, I heard you two were engaged, congratulations."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Felicity looks down a bit when you mentioned the error of getting the wrong mission. "Y-Yeah...that was my fault..." She said a bit embarrassed and looks at you apologetically.

"Oh yeah, big brother did mention that he had to go save someone. I didn't realize that was you. I'm glad you're okay." Nina said to you with a smile. When you mentioned seeing Jet's sparring match with Brute the Machamp grunts a bit and crosses his arms. "The kid is good but he still has a lot to learn." He grumbles and the others laugh a bit.

Nina blushes some when you mentioned her engagement. "Thank you." She said as she holds up her hand and you can see an engagement ring on it. "We haven't really set a date yet though; things have been a bit busy as of late."

"Especially with this whole Lust thing going around." Soru added. "Best be careful out there. We're not entirely sure what to expect yet but as long as we all do our jobs keep up our training we shouldn't need to worry." The Luxio said confidently.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:32 am

Sandra shook her head. "It's alright, it was just a mistake." She wished it hadn't led to the consequences it had, but she was sure Felicity had tried her best, and she didn't fault the Meowstic.

She found herself hoping Jet hadn't shared too many of the details of his rescue considering what the Houndoom had been doing when he had arrived. At the very least, it sounded like he didn't share many details if Nina didn't even know she'd been the one being rescued. She smiled at Brute as he made his indignation clear. "Well, it looked like you almost had him there a few times."

It was nice to get the conversation over to a wedding though it seemed not everything was going well. "Yeah, I guess this mess has things a little shaken up." Despite Soru's optimism, her own situation was not going so well. Did that mean the other simply weren't stumbling onto this stuff, was she more susceptible to it, or perhaps Lust's influence not as to blame for what had happened as she thought. She tried to shake off those thoughts. "Yes, the Guild took care of all seven of them before, Lust on their own should be easy by comparison."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 am

"Well..." Brute scratches his head a bit. "While Lust on their own isn't nearly as bad as all seven, Lust was definitely a more crafty one. On their own Lust might be...well not the most immediately dangerous but they'll be tricky to track down and corner."

Ray nods his head in agreement. "Lust was one of the last to be brought down, battle against them wasn't too bad but Lust's ability to manipulate others made them hard to deal with. Temptation is unsurprisingly Lust's greatest strength. Lust works slower than most of the other Sins in terms of conquering, put more time into the 'big picture' and such." He says and the others nod. "But with the other Sins still dormmate and sealed away and the Guild being bigger we can devote more resources against them."

By now you're just about done with your food, most of the guild members having finished and either have left or just hanging out at the tables.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 am

Sandra listened to the new information. It certainly wasn't anything she'd found in the library, but Brute and Ray were higher rank than her and probably had access to much more in-depth information. She probably wasn't the only one that had tried doing research once it became clear the Lust was back. It seemed lust was the hardest to root out last time, but the guild had at least grown since the last time they were a problem.

Seeing her food about finished, she realized how late it was getting. The cafeteria being almost empty save for those at that table. Finishing her food, she made sure to stretch. "Alright, it was good talking to all of you, but I should get going. Deciding she could use with a warm soak, she decided to check out the hot springs again. After what happened last time, she decided to go with the private springs again.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm

They all say their goodbyes as you leave the table with your tray and they go back to talking some. You head towards the Guild Hot Springs again for a delightfully warm soak, getting yourself a private bath to relax in. Once you had your private little hot springs you strip down and get into the water, soaking your fur and skin. (Roll-4) You felt like you could melt away your troubles within these waters, almost making you forget about the one time you had a peeper and you had some fun with before. Unfortunately such thoughts made you feel a bit warm, and it wasn't from the water, however it wasn't too bad and you could ignore it if you try if you only wanted to relax.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:55 am

Smiling as she said her goodbyes, Sandra made her way to the Hot baths looking to reward herself with a hot soak. She kept her towel around herself until she sank into the water feeling all the tension melting away quickly. Feeling more comfortable, she pulled the towel off and laid it down outside of the water. As her body relaxed, she felt herself warm up a bit and the gentle tingle of her nethers, but she decided to ignore it. Leaning her head back, the Lucario just basked in the warm water letting it wash her troubles away.
Firehead

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games