Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 am

Kira stopped and gave her a smirk. "I'm sure guys would love to see you with out clothes, but I don't think you would enjoy the stares."
She returned to her work with a chuckle before speaking. "Swimming is a social thing so people try to be at least somewhat decent although we definitely dance the line with some swimsuits."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 am

Not wanting to touch her first comment I ignore it and reply to her second, "It's not common for Elves to swim, and we certainly don't do it for social reasons. Some do it to cool down, others swim as a shortcut, some collect things, usually crystals, from the riverbed. I don't think I've heard anyone do it for fun though."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:31 am

Kira didn't stop moving her hands as she looked at Lara. "That's cus most of you have a stick shoved a little too far up your asses."
She returned her focus to her work with a smirk. Various segments of cloth now cluttered the table.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:17 am

I'm taking back by her reply. I know better than think she means that literally but what it actually means isn't immediately clear. I assume it's meant to be a critic of our attitude or behavior, but that's the most I can gather from it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I figure she wouldn't be familiar with a lot of idioms in anything but Elvish, hence why she'll use those instead of ones that would be easier to understand by the humans around her.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:07 am

Kira noticed Lara's silence and stopped to look at her. She chuckled and spoke as she stood up. "It means you're too stuck in your ways. From what I've heard you elves love your traditions and anything that doesn't follow them is incorrect."
Kira grabbed a spool of thread from the desk and spoke. "Ready to see some magic. Go stand in front of the mirrors."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Hearing her explanation I can't help but think that it's more that the elders are as stubborn as a boar, refusing to admit error, and with them living multiple centuries, they stick around long enough where outsiders think their personal biases are traditions. I stand where I'm directed, starting to focus on the magic in the room, feeling any change.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:35 am

Kira grabbed the fabric in her hands before she began chanting in Draconic. As magic began to gather in her hands, she threw them at Lara. The magic filled the clothe as it began wrapping around Lara and string flew off the desk before it began binding the clothes together. It took only a half minute for her to finish and for Lara to be wearing her new undergarments. "How do they feel?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 pm

I analyze the magic as best as I can, despite its alien nature. It certainly is incredibly quick, much faster than any elven crafting magic. After it is done, I look over them, checking them before answering, "Good, but... I am curious on how you did that."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:49 am

The magic feels like a combination of wind and divination magic. Kira answered your curiosity with a smile. "It's a telekinesis spell combined with some calculation spells. Basically I just told all of the cloth that it needed to be in a specific shape that just so happened to the same shape your clothes are."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:51 am

Such strange magic these humans use... The basic concept isn't that different but everything else is completely alien. Pausing I contemplate the differences in the elvish style of magic versus theirs.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Kira began working on some of the girl's other clothes on the desk, but paused to speak. "This might take a bit longer, you might want to put on the clothes you came here in. Go watch the little one for me?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

I nod to show my understanding, easily slipping the oversized clothes over my new silky undergarments. Pausing for a moment to consider the band that served as my bra before leaving it back on the table. With that done I excuse myself and, as I am leaving the room, I close my eyes and focus on listening for her daughter's voice or the pitter patter of her little feet.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:30 pm

You hear a soft voice and some light creaking from upstairs. As you head for the staircase though, a hand holding a glass appears in your path. The glass has juice in it and is attached to Alex who is standing in the kitchen. "She'll be thirsty right about now. I'll yell when dinner is done. Go."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 pm

I'm a little taken aback by his sudden appearance but take the glass and continue on my way, idly wondering why he is in another person's kitchen.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:23 pm

You hear the sounds of cooking as you leave and pass through the living room. The rest of your trip is uneventful until you reach the door and knock. You can hear Tali's claws as she scampers to her feet and runs to the door. She opens it with a huge smile and speaks. "Wanna meet my teddy bear?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Perhaps I was unclear, but what she was commenting on was more the fact that guests aren't usually the people cooking.

I'm unsure what a teddy bear is, but I presume it's a toy and not an actual bear. Nodding quickly, I also add, "Sure... I also brought this," offering the cup.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:35 am

Tali takes the cup from you and walks over to her bed while chugging it. She finished half the glass before putting it down on her nightstand. She three foot tall stuffed bear from the bed and dragged it over before speaking again. "I call him Henry. Henry the Huggler."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:52 am

As I suspected this teddy bear is a toy of some kind... but Huggler? That's... an interesting term. Regardless, I smile, bending down to her level with a smile, patting 'Henry' on the head, "What a nice teddy bear you have." I'm surprised about the toy myself. It is certainly different then elven toys, which are primarily wooden or other natural products... certainly not such huge amount of fabrics that this toy is.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 am

Tali pushed Henry into Lara in a hugging motion as she spoke. "Feel how soft he is! He makes the best bed time buddy!"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 pm

I gently hug the toy to play along, but I'm very out of my depths here. Still I made a promise so I will not back down. "He is indeed very soft. I can see why you like Henry so much."
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games