The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 11/9]

Postby hornyninja » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:12 am

musical74 Wrote:Huh, maybe it's just because I view her more as "warrior" than anything else that I don't utilize her skills much outside. I guess it's because I don't use her much (kind of like Altina, good in spots but there's better fighters overall)

In Chapter 4 there are various LONG dungeon crawls that will be endurance challenges, especially for MP usage. Unless you want to waste precious items to restore, it is important to utilize ALL the harem members to make it through. This is where Nalili shines because she requires NO MP and is good for use during the long haul. She is average and versatile, fighting large crowds or single targets. And when the big bosses show up, I switch her out for (dominated) Varia who thrashes ALL bosses with her custom weapons and Blade Dance. Also it is important to decide which healers will be in-battle healers and which will be non-battle healers as well.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Evangelion-01 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:52 pm

haveing Yarra as activa battle member all the time and restore everyone mana with her magic can also help.. if you concentrate it on Robin and Simon atleast
Evangelion-01

Postby musical74 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Replaying from the start, I noticed a funny error, and something that is either a "you can't invest here" or only if extreme measures are taken...

First, the funny error. Just after Chapter 1 is completed and Simon hasn't left Yilhin yet, if you invested in the bank and see how that's doing, to the right is a youngish gal and a guy dealing with her. The error is that the guy is referring to Simon as "madam". I don't know if it's assumed you'll be doing this during Megail's route (where it would make sense then) but having him refer to Simon as a "madam" was funny.

Now, for the "can you not invest here" thing...The guy blocking the mine says it's going to be a super investment and that 300,000 ProN will keep the nobles away. There's a narrow window to invest with this guy (By chapter 2 it's unavailable) but...at most I have 80,000 (I refuse to whore out Qum), how on earth am I supposed to get the 300K this guy wants?? Is it "whore out Qum a bunch to lower her loyalty, and then tell Megail I need another 150k in ProN so lower her loyalty a bunch, to get this" or is this a "you actually can't get this"?

Main reason I'm replaying from the start was I screwed up in two areas but didn't realize until AFTER I made the saves...didn't realize that research goes from Robin to Riala after you get the HQ at first so missed some time to where she could have completed something, and while the Artford succession crisis ended as I wanted...steps could have been taken to REALLY ruin two of them that were still "average".

Got to about halfway dealing with the Fucklord before I realized I messed up (which meant restarting 50+ hours...) but curious on something. When fighting critters in the bizarre space with Yarra and Nalili...how the heck are you supposed to win?? The monsters hit HARD and while the succubi might whittle them down somewhat, I get slaughtered.

Actually, it seems to be that way for a fair amount of the later fights and bosses, like it's "this one plan will work, the rest will fail miserably"...

Maybe Qum needs to research another Qum Bomb!
musical74

Postby zescoutmann » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am

musical74 Wrote:Now, for the "can you not invest here" thing...The guy blocking the mine says it's going to be a super investment and that 300,000 ProN will keep the nobles away. There's a narrow window to invest with this guy (By chapter 2 it's unavailable) but...at most I have 80,000 (I refuse to whore out Qum), how on earth am I supposed to get the 300K this guy wants?? Is it "whore out Qum a bunch to lower her loyalty, and then tell Megail I need another 150k in ProN so lower her loyalty a bunch, to get this" or is this a "you actually can't get this"?

That investment is impossible to get through standard means, it is impossible to get 300k ProN in chapter 1. However, it is possible to acquire the mineshaft in chapter 3 depending on your decisions during Aka's route. If you do all the side-quests in Aka's route you can unlock a different solution to the mine problem, if you do this third solution you can get the mineshaft for 25% discretionary funding in chapter 3. Check up the game's wiki if you need more information.
musical74 Wrote: When fighting critters in the bizarre space with Yarra and Nalili...how the heck are you supposed to win?? The monsters hit HARD and while the succubi might whittle them down somewhat, I get slaughtered.

Since you didn't mention Hilstara,
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

she was probably permanently disabled during the war right? This can be avoided if you have a better military front in Aram, if Hilstara isn't disabled in the war she will be in the party with Yarra and Nalili.
Either way, you don't need to fight the blue flame critters roaming around, you will come back to this area later with Simon in the party and you can fight the critters then, but you might just need to spend some money on better equipment for Yarra and Nalili to make things easier.
zescoutmann
Newly Registered

Postby musical74 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:52 am

Actually I had Hilstara too, I make sure to reinforce the borders and make sure Hilstara doesn't get disabled (first time I wasn't aware it's better to have Hilstara have all the heavy armor even if it knocks her agility to zero, and to play more conservatively with the burner guys since they will more or less kill themselves), but...same problem, I get slaughtered. Regarding the mine...have to consider this, I tend to win it for Jade (and get 20,000 ProN), and not wait for the elven mage (at least assuming he's elven) to figure things out. Tend to cut it really close with discretionary funding anyway, so not sure how well that would work. Also not sure if House Adamant will owe me a favor if I go with the third option...
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:34 am

Again, there is a window for the Elven Mage, but if you talk to her before going into the mine there is a way to open a rift to let demons in to deny the nobles the mine, but you have to fight the rift sorcerer, then immediately after fight the concrete demon, which is one of the boss fights covered in the wiki.

No extra pron, but you do get exp for the demon, and I think the gratitude of the peasants.
Darthjake

Postby zescoutmann » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Ah okay, that part is pretty difficult either way, I didn't even want to imagine what it would be like without Hilstara. Well, there isn't much else I can say, just that you can skip the blue flame critters until later because then you will have Simon in the party to help, and all the enemies in that part deal magical damage, so when choosing your armor try to give priority to MDF over DEF, also maybe open the fight with Hilstara using "hold the line" instead of "shieldwall" to buff everyone's MDF, but that's a bit of a risk since you don't want Nalili or Yarra being taken down.
zescoutmann
Newly Registered

Postby Evangelion-01 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm

also house jade and adamite won't be able to field any or hardly any resistance dureing the invasion duo to mayor money problems.
I would say it's generally adviced to invect the mines, as the followeing Events dureing the war will work in your favor.
with the right tactic you can end the war with 3 Chaos& colleteral damage
Evangelion-01

Postby musical74 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Now that I'm just about back to where I was when I screwed up (close enough, anyway) I'm curious on something...

There seems to be a fair amount of things that have a HUGE initial investment - 1 million ProN. Some seem obvious (dominating the skies) others seem to be "uh, is it really that big a cost or are you gouging me?" (the guy in New Givini that wants a memorial), others are "geez these are big costs" (800k, 600k) and I'm thinking "that seems overkill..." Do you guys go for these big-investment things or are these not worth the cost? I imagine Patrici's investment would be worthwhile but the others seem like too big a cost to be worthwhile. Some of this is because I'll get, say 1.5 million in funds and think "do I want to blow most of it on 1 or 2 things??" Also curious why requests that I don't approve of but stick around change how much they cost (usually more)

Side note: I was borderline cracking up at the woman who wants to start a bank in New Givini, she made it sound like It was something very different (maybe because Nalili was there?) and when it's discovered it's banking Nalili is all "what....?" and Qum is happy for "sexy banking".
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Some of them do, I made some heavy New Givini investments, and as a result they were happier with me during some of the politicing there. Also since I found out that I won't be able to have Tyna, I've been angling for Ellani.
Darthjake

Postby zescoutmann » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm

musical74 Wrote:Now that I'm just about back to where I was when I screwed up (close enough, anyway) I'm curious on something...

There seems to be a fair amount of things that have a HUGE initial investment - 1 million ProN. Some seem obvious (dominating the skies) others seem to be "uh, is it really that big a cost or are you gouging me?" (the guy in New Givini that wants a memorial), others are "geez these are big costs" (800k, 600k) and I'm thinking "that seems overkill..." Do you guys go for these big-investment things or are these not worth the cost? I imagine Patrici's investment would be worthwhile but the others seem like too big a cost to be worthwhile. Some of this is because I'll get, say 1.5 million in funds and think "do I want to blow most of it on 1 or 2 things??" Also curious why requests that I don't approve of but stick around change how much they cost (usually more)

Side note: I was borderline cracking up at the woman who wants to start a bank in New Givini, she made it sound like It was something very different (maybe because Nalili was there?) and when it's discovered it's banking Nalili is all "what....?" and Qum is happy for "sexy banking".

Financially speaking, most of the big investments don't give great returns. But they can give good benefits in other areas like hidden variables and helping with future events, it is hard to say what is worthwhile since that can change pretty drastically from playthrough to playthrough, but in my experience, every round I try to get 1 big investment that will help in the near future and spread the rest of my money on smaller and more profitable investments, generally the ones about trading and banking.

The only generic advice that I think can really be given for investments in chapter 4 is to focus some of your funds to a location that will see some action before the next round of investments.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

So you want to invest in New Givini during the first round, since that's where part of the succession crisis is played, and you want to invest in Tak'kan and in some base upgrades during the second round, since you need to get votes supporting you in Tak'kan and a well-defended base for the Fucklord confrontation.
zescoutmann
Newly Registered

Postby musical74 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 am

I'm curious if the lady that is complaining that the "squares are not really squares" is based off of someone or just added for the silliness of it.

Beating the Fucklord's main squeeze was TOUGH, her demonic roar is nasty even with defense and magic defense boosted. I used Carina for healing and Varia for her blade dance move, who do you think is best for beating her?

Given that Yarra's perversion knows no limits, wonder what would happen if Vhala did become "normal"...

Also...the dungeon where you find Wendis is brutal...any ideas what group works best for this loooooooong dungeon?
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 am

New TLS update for patrons! I'm a bit fried, so you only get one screenshot this time:

Public version maybe in a week, but can't be sure. This finishes a complex segment that will require rebalancing.
Sierra Lee

Postby hornyninja » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 am

musical74 Wrote:I'm curious if the lady that is complaining that the "squares are not really squares" is based off of someone or just added for the silliness of it.

Beating the Fucklord's main squeeze was TOUGH, her demonic roar is nasty even with defense and magic defense boosted. I used Carina for healing and Varia for her blade dance move, who do you think is best for beating her?

Given that Yarra's perversion knows no limits, wonder what would happen if Vhala did become "normal"...

Also...the dungeon where you find Wendis is brutal...any ideas what group works best for this loooooooong dungeon?

You're implying Vhala being an Unperson isn't normal?? How insensitive! Lol.

There isn't one ideal party for the longer tower dungeons. It's more like the longer dungeons require strategic use of ALL the characters. For example, having Nalili out for small enemies is good for long gauntlet runs because she only uses SP for her skills and can last longer. And Varia is preferred for big boss fights because she is a heavy hitter but doesn't last long so only put her in the party when a big boss is coming up. In contrast, Altina/Riala/Uyae are good for specific horde battles for their Storm/Shockwave/Quake attacks. Carina and Robin make good healers while in combat and Qum can heal outside of battles. However, long gauntlet dungeons are a huge drain on MP so multiple characters like Uyae and Altina can also take on this role of healing outside of battle. Since they are not often used in combat. Hilstara has become another special case character now since the game has to be balanced to compensate for players who lost her in the war as a playable character, but she is a sturdy tank support, focusing enemies on her while others attack.

For the Tower dungeons my party usually goes Simon, Nalili/Aka/Vhala/Hilstara, Riala/Robin/Altina, Carina/Qum. Switching out characters as necessary.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm

The Mana problem get's less of an issue if Yarra is part of the party, as her sexual mana skill refills most used mana of a single character dureing 1 encounter... you will overlong still exhaust your party so changeing members for specific mob battles or bosses is preferable.
And Robin tends to be the best boss killer alongside Varia and Simon ofc, since most enemies (inclueding bosses) have an elemental weakness as it seems.
I tend to keep both healers (Qum and Carina) as outside battle healers, since if you focus on dp the enemy you can win most battles before the entire team goes down... there are VERY rare occassions were you should focus on weakening the enemy and draw the battle out instead of overhelmingly overpower him in 3 turns... for those battles I either take Carina or Hilstara and Vhala or Aka in my party
Evangelion-01

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:59 am

The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... lease.html

TLS 0.40.0
- New content finishing the Council of Gawnfall.
- One new scene.
- Misc fixes on previous sections in preparation for the Steam release.

TLS 0.40.1-5
- Wrestling with the scope of the event.

Not a lot to say beyond the notes I left on the blog. I hope people enjoy the update. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/14]

Postby musical74 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Something I was thinking about, Antarion (the jerkass Blademaster that thinks he's Ivala's gift to women) gets shot down, EVERY TIME by the women in the harem or those that are with Simon - sometimes spectacularly so. Think my favorite one is Vhala, honestly...anyway, going to assume the women that are in Artford refuse him similarly, so...if he's shot down so much, why on earth does he think he's Ivala's gift to women? The other blademasters can't stand him, and it seems anyone with some degree of thinking know he's not all that...why does he THINK he is??

And, minor funny thing, if Aka can't use magic (she says so herself) why does silence affect her knife skills? Is she shouting "poisoned blade!!!" as she does it? :P
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 am

silence disable ALL abilities that use Mana or Lust and even poisonblade consums Mana

I suppose any Women with selfesteem and knowledge of Antarion's Character will hate his guts... however there are probably still a few wenches that want to lie with a Hero atleast once in their live... they probably won't repeat that mistake, but I gues he gets enough attention to keep is misplaced selfesteem high.
But yeah those refusals really make one laugh
Evangelion-01

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 am

New TLS update for patrons! This one takes the party back to many locations they haven't been allowed for some time, to meet old friends and see how your choices affected them...

But you'll also visit some brand new locations, including some new content that people have been waiting for a long time:

If your synod made those decisions, anyway! My goal is to emphasize how the player's choices have a real impact on the world by including a wide variety of different consequences:

Depending on how your synod went, you might have integrated the succubi into the Ivalan Church or caused a schism. Or...

The public version will be coming out in two weeks! Meanwhile, all my games on Steam are at significant discounts, if you're interested:
https://store.steampowered.com/developer/sierralee
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 am

The first picture I was laughing HARD, she's the best at being a fraud?

Have to wait till the public version comes out, but one thing I am curious on: Will Qum eventually become Head Succubus because everyone just loves her to pieces and she makes every encounter so much more fun? (tries to hide the QUM IS BEST SUCCUBUS banner he's waving)
musical74

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects