The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 11/9]

Postby musical74 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:30 am

The Aram elite and 4 knights is the very end of Megail's route, so that's Hilstara, Carina, and Varia. Hilstara tends to attack last and Varia's pretty fragile, so it's a pain if they decide to go after one person - usually Varia, who tends to be the weakest of the three. Swear the computer cheats sometimes...

Qum should visit the library succubus, think both would get a kick out of it.
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 am

musical74 Wrote:I tend to use the attacks that lessen attack first then go after the piercing attack...but those seem to miss more than hit. If I can get a few attack-reducing attacks in it's not so hard and it's easier to give Orcent a potion just before the killing blow. Assuming you are supposed to lose against the Rodak Elite though, even though he missed the first two times my attacks didn't do much. Is there a match after him, if you somehow defeat him? (Doubt it, but I'm curious...

If you ask Chaya for books (which I always do) when talking to the librarian succubus, what topics can be avoided because of the books Chaya brought? I tend to just go through the whole list anyway, but I'm sure a few could be avoided. Although...when asking "succubus librarian" (she needs a name!) about Qum but she thinks it's about the Empress is really funny.

The worst part about starting over is forgetting early stuff and having to redo it - or forgetting how much of a pain some fights are. The fight with the Aram thug and 4 knights (at the end of Megail's path) required a few attempts because they seem to enjoy targeting one person, and the thug enjoys special attacks that HURT... if they spread it around it's not so bad. Also tend to go after the main threat (the thug) first, maybe better to hit the 4 knights first? What is the general frame of mind when there is "boss and associates"?

By the way, is there a definite end in mind for this game? I LOVE that there's so much depth and I'm fine if there in an end but it'll take 3 more years, but...I do hope there is an end already in mind!

No fight after the Rodak Elite... and if you win by cheating the game is supposed to act as if you lost anyway
Library... you can't skip books, but books about Succuby will take less time than if you didn't asked for books
the knights have a weakpoint for fire magic so make Robin take them out with firelance and Altina (I always save her) with firestorm... if you were talkeing about the Slumfight with the asshole Clerk of House Jade and the Kingsmen atleast
I also equip Aka with the few pieces of Dwarven Armor we find up to that point to make her the Fortress of the Team...
Normally I would always advice to take the buffer and healer units out (standard RPG tactic) than concentrate on the dmg dealer..except they have a vurnability that allows me to take them out with one attack
Evangelion-01

Postby Darthjake » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:20 pm

musical74 Wrote:The Aram elite and 4 knights is the very end of Megail's route, so that's Hilstara, Carina, and Varia. Hilstara tends to attack last and Varia's pretty fragile, so it's a pain if they decide to go after one person - usually Varia, who tends to be the weakest of the three. Swear the computer cheats sometimes...

Qum should visit the library succubus, think both would get a kick out of it.

I think I had Varia guard the first turn, so Hilstara's taunt would go off.
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 pm

I spotted a graphic bug, of sorts, I think, when everyone is discussing "taking over Yilhin the first time". I'm pretty sure Riala's there, at least her sprite is there. She never says anything and no one notices her, but... given that at the time she is back in Bozo IK's land and she hasn't been seen for awhile, still found it very odd...

Is it possible to finish with all 100% funding after the war? I finally got just the 10% chaos and nothing else, seem to get 10% collateral damage occasionally too. Is it possible to get "no collateral damage, no chaos" or will there always be a slight amount?
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

I found it possible, if you RP with Janine and Megail are high enough they can reduce both values even if you took minor damage on both (but you probably need to cheat to found all the projects that grant RP)
Evangelion-01

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 am

musical74 Wrote:By the way, is there a definite end in mind for this game? I LOVE that there's so much depth and I'm fine if there in an end but it'll take 3 more years, but...I do hope there is an end already in mind!

Just wanted to pop in and say that there's definitely an ending in mind! I've known how I wanted the game to conclude since the very first release, and I've had most of the path to get there clear for quite a while.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:39 am

YAY!

One thing I found interesting, After meeting with the various faiths I tend to not check the slums, maybe it's always been here and I just never noticed (quite possible), but get told "there's this kid, get rid of him" and was surprised that there was a Chosen there. Aka was disgusted, the Chosen displays their usual about of intelligence (almost none) then a fight...which was a joke, I was expecting an actual fight. Has there always been the ability to kick the Chosen out? I never bothered before and was surprised to see a Chosen there. More so because I usually set up the second petitions office.

On the subject of the Chosen, is Kalant the ONLY Chosen that is halfway competent? The rest seem to fall into the "too dumb to live" category. Kai, Tal, whoever the Chosen is by the Church, whoever the Chosen is that gets slaughtered in the Big Man's old office all seem to have the mental capacity of a 6 year old...
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 am

musical74 Wrote:YAY!

One thing I found interesting, After meeting with the various faiths I tend to not check the slums, maybe it's always been here and I just never noticed (quite possible), but get told "there's this kid, get rid of him" and was surprised that there was a Chosen there. Aka was disgusted, the Chosen displays their usual about of intelligence (almost none) then a fight...which was a joke, I was expecting an actual fight. Has there always been the ability to kick the Chosen out? I never bothered before and was surprised to see a Chosen there. More so because I usually set up the second petitions office.

On the subject of the Chosen, is Kalant the ONLY Chosen that is halfway competent? The rest seem to fall into the "too dumb to live" category. Kai, Tal, whoever the Chosen is by the Church, whoever the Chosen is that gets slaughtered in the Big Man's old office all seem to have the mental capacity of a 6 year old...

I'm not really certain it's Ivala, I think it's the chosen themselves, they let the power granted by Ivala go straight to the wrong head, and plunge into a downward spiral. I agree that Kalant is the only halfway decent chosen we've run into, and it really makes you wonder just how far that fallen chosen in Rodak fell...

I'm actually starting to wonder if the chosen were not really being made for the IK, but rather to train Simon, but that maybe is a tad too paranoid... *looks over shoulder and tosses some salt*
Darthjake

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:35 am

Considering that the chosen have been around the world longer than Simon haveing a shard that's highly questionable.
There was a mentioning that goddesses might be natural defensives against the IKs so maybe the chosen are alike Succubus and Orcs than.
Kalan share's a bit of his story later on and it seems like the holy power overwrites what ever personality existed in the host body before, noone in the church controls the chosen and they always seek out a highpriestess on their own accord, before going of to die the most stupid way imaginable.
The chosen in Bigmans office can be found earliest right after the invasion and was based on acceptance score I think (if you can found the 2nd house of petition you definately have enough)
Evangelion-01

Postby Darthjake » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 am

Hmmm, I must have missed Kalan sharing his story, or it's been awhile since I was in that section.
Darthjake

Postby hornyninja » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 am

The Chosen in BigMan's former house is easy to miss (I've never even gotten him myself). It seems like he can only be found there immediately after the invasion before going to the elf lands. I've never been able to get enough Acceptance after the invasion to trigger it and after the elf lands he doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:38 am

Darthjake Wrote:Hmmm, I must have missed Kalan sharing his story, or it's been awhile since I was in that section.

in the aftersequences about the 3rd arclentian war at the war memorial/graveyard he will hint a bit and later meeting him dureing the successor crisis there will be more intel.
Evangelion-01

Postby musical74 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 pm

hornyninja Wrote:The Chosen in BigMan's former house is easy to miss (I've never even gotten him myself). It seems like he can only be found there immediately after the invasion before going to the elf lands. I've never been able to get enough Acceptance after the invasion to trigger it and after the elf lands he doesn't seem to be there anymore.

So it's tied to Acceptance being high enough to allow me to thrash him? Hmmm guess that makes sense, there's a few other things that are tied to a given stat being high enough. As many times as I've played this you'd think I would be able to trigger that, but if there's a narrow window to see and confront him... (can I say that Vera, leader of the Goddess of Magic, boots him out if I don't?)

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I'd love to see Kalant and Tyna team up, think those two would be a cute couple. More so if it means humiliating Antarion (the jerkass blademaster who thinks he's Ivala's gift to women even though women very much disagree)
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:45 pm

The guy is incorrectable... dureing the Ivalan summit you can meet him again thinking about becomeing King by seduceing Tina...
Also Kalant is a bit of double edged sword... he seems to be a good guy, but someone is manipulating events in his favor in the background.
He may or may not be used...
Evangelion-01

Postby musical74 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am

Good grief I forgot now many HP bozo IK has...still easy enough but he has a LOT of HP

Maybe she's always had it, but when Qum wants something special for the Durge guys seemed to be a new thing. Given how she acts I'm somewhat scared to know what she would consider "important"...BOOP!

Funny thing of sorts, for one of my groups to finally thrash the bozo IK (but before meeting up) I had Simon, Aka, Qum, Nalili, and Altina. Fighting the boss with Nalili went QUITE poorly, swapped her out with Altina and it was so much easier. Maybe because he wasn't spamming all-hit moves, but...Nalili doesn't seem really built for tough fights. Thoughts?
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:58 am

musical74 Wrote:Good grief I forgot now many HP bozo IK has...still easy enough but he has a LOT of HP

Maybe she's always had it, but when Qum wants something special for the Durge guys seemed to be a new thing. Given how she acts I'm somewhat scared to know what she would consider "important"...BOOP!

Funny thing of sorts, for one of my groups to finally thrash the bozo IK (but before meeting up) I had Simon, Aka, Qum, Nalili, and Altina. Fighting the boss with Nalili went QUITE poorly, swapped her out with Altina and it was so much easier. Maybe because he wasn't spamming all-hit moves, but...Nalili doesn't seem really built for tough fights. Thoughts?

Sexual Ageis, and the Blade that drains life?

I use Nalili in big groups with her Cleavage, but sometimes she can pleasantly surprise with the Blade of Lust? (Instant Kill, life Aka's Deathblow) Except I've actually seen Nalili's work.
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:24 am

Huh, maybe it's just because I view her more as "warrior" than anything else that I don't utilize her skills much outside. I guess it's because I don't use her much (kind of like Altina, good in spots but there's better fighters overall)

Rewatching the wedding, found it QUITE funny when Orilise asks Janine what she's still doing vertical, maybe Orilise is more like Lynine than she wants to admit!

Also...after getting Orcent back (when you have an official HQ and not Yilhin), going to the various bars results in him talking about a variety of things - something I wasn't aware of before. I knew he was deep already but this gives me more respect for someone I already had a great deal of respect for. He apparently can drink people under the table, if the interaction between Orcent and Trin at the "slum combat ring bar" is to believed!
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:49 pm

buy her the best "dress" from the orgasmic empire shop or the later new Yilhin... thx to that she is a great dmg dealer in my party... if she wasn't so weak against holy magic

one of the bar Event actually has a positiv effect dureing the Ivalan summit btw^^
Evangelion-01

Postby musical74 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:39 am

Ah, the joys of returning to areas that had TOUGH monsters the first time around and now are a piece of cake...I know Sierra frowns on grinding but it's still nice to be able to thrash 8 Aram wolves (when you visit the Dwarf Queen Neranda, and try to circumvent Aram)

Just wondering on the anti-toxin, is it really only useful for a possible side quest? Once you clear out the Blight cave, is there any reason to have any more of the anti-toxins?
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:43 am

I'm not sure if the anti-toxin items are useful or not, but in the tower space, (I think), I hit a monster that I had to use the Qum + Carina synergy to remove toxin, so they might still be viable later on, but again, I'm not 100% certain.
Darthjake

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects