Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.49.1, 2/8/2022)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.8.1/28/2018)

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Don't appologize. Errors happen. That's why you're on this forum, aren't you?

By the way, I found an other one.
In the staff selection screens (serum testin, assigning head researcher, possibly others), there is no accept button. You can click on the name of the subject but only get redirected to her stats.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby sinhunter » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Just a suggestion if you have time for this....

It will be nice if players can choose how they ended Lab Rats 1 to affect the condition Sephanie begins as and to reflect more on how players chosen their Lab Rats 1 story to end.

That way when players start out they can choose if they want to start the game with either a normal, partly obedient, or absolute obedient (and fully corrupted) Sephanie. Plus, this will also give players more options to how they want to experience Lab Rats 2 from start to finish.

Also, will there be Pregnant events return in this game again and will it be just endings like in Lab Rats 1 or actually shown on the character as you play this time in Lab Rats 2?
sinhunter

Postby Reality Mode » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Also, is Lab Rats 2 going to have an ending? Or is going to be essentially an infinite sandbox?
Reality Mode

Postby Borkenone » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:46 pm

sinhunter Wrote:Just a suggestion if you have time for this....

It will be nice if players can choose how they ended Lab Rats 1 to affect the condition Sephanie begins as and to reflect more on how players chosen their Lab Rats 1 story to end.

That way when players start out they can choose if they want to start the game with either a normal, partly obedient, or absolute obedient (and fully corrupted) Sephanie. Plus, this will also give players more options to how they want to experience Lab Rats 2 from start to finish.

Also, will there be Pregnant events return in this game again and will it be just endings like in Lab Rats 1 or actually shown on the character as you play this time in Lab Rats 2?

I don't think let players choose is a good idea, instead, I think it'd be better if players can load a save data from your Lab Rats 1 ending. And that'd determent the condition of Sephanie and maybe future returning character.
Borkenone

Postby vrengames » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 am

Reality Mode Wrote:Also, is Lab Rats 2 going to have an ending? Or is going to be essentially an infinite sandbox?

It will be possible to play forever, but I do intend to have a general story arc built around the grown and advancement of your company. Once you finish that story you will have "finished" the game, but you can continue to create/research serums, corrupt new people, or otherwise enjoy the sandbox.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 am

Patrons can get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/21526642

The v0.9 update cycle brings new pieces of content to almost every section of the game. There are new crises, business policies, serum traits, character poses, goals, and hairstlyes. Existing content and features have also been revisited and refined, leading to improvements in the serum trait research tree and player controled clothing colours. Better internal support for image processing has tidied up a number of rendering issues and gives me the tools to manipulate images more easily in the future. Last but certainly not least there have been a bunch of quality of life changes, such as the ability to skip time and automatically head home at the end of the day!

In terms of pure content added this update is one of the largest. It adds: two new crises, six new goals, four business policies, six new serum traits, and a new standing pose render. Improvements to how images are drawn have let me tweak clothing colour and transparency so that it is consistent across all items, resulting in better looking outfits and characters in general. The six new serum traits added as well as a rework to the research tree provide more interesting decisions on what serums to make and who to give them to. New character pose renders have helped each person feel more like a unique character, as have the two new hair styles: a messy medium length hair and a short shaved-side hair.

I have made a few quality of life improvements to Lab Rats 2, some of which I know people have been asking about for a long time. You can now skip time at a location without having to take a specific action, and at the end of the day you will automatically return home and sleep. Changes to how character and clothing images are stored internally has resulted in a 500% reduction in save size and a noticeable performance improvement throughout the game. A number of major bugs have also been crushed, particularly one that prevented employees from being selected from a list during certain key events.

I hope you enjoy the new version of the game, I think it's one of the best so far!

If you're curious exactly what's changed, here's a changelog! (v0.8.1 to v0.9.0):
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

*CHANGES AND NEW ADDITIONS*
* Added improved internal support for characters stripping off clothing.
* Reworked strip branch of broken AC crisis. Girls can now strip down furthur, and you may watch multiple girls strip.
* Added new catfight crisis.
* Added two new hairstyles: side-shaved short hair and short messy hair.
* Added new investment opportunity crisis.
* Added two new stat goals: employee count over X and bank account over X dollars.
* Added two new work skill goals: Personally Generate X supply and Add X number of uniform options.
* Added two new sex skill goals: Increase core sluttiness by X and cum inside X different girls.
* Refactored internal image drawing code for characters/outfits. No obvious effect but future changes will be easier to implement.
* Refactored internal lookup method for clothing and body images. Should result in large performance increase across all platforms.
* Corrected opacity across all clothing items. Clothing should no longer be transparent unless it was suppose to be.
* Corrected brightness and contrast of many clothing items. Colouring should be more consistent across all items.
* Corrected brightness and contrast of hair colours. Colouring should be more consistent across all hair.
* Added new idle standing position.
* Characters now have 4 idle poses to choose from when they are randomly created instead of 2.
* Stamina is now considered a sex skill and can be improved like one.
* Stats, work skills, and sex skills are now capped at 4 during character creation.
* Stats, work skills, and sex skills are now capped during play. No stat/skill can be higher than 8.
* Added wait button available at all times, which is replaced by a "Sleep" button at the end of the day.
* Characters now use their default idle pose in the interview screen instead of all using the same pose.
* The size of your business is now capped, starting at 5. This cap can be raised with new business policies.
* Added six new status effects for use in future serum traits. Internal support provided for two more in the future.
* Added six new serum traits.
* Modified most existing serum traits. Serum production tiers no longer restrict what traits you can research from that tier.

*BUG FIXES*
* Removed incorrect deepcopy in AC crisis that might have been causing general slowdown over long games.
* Fixed possible bug with dresses not being removed properly by some crises.
* Fixed crash in the uniform violation crisis.
* Fixed an improper reference to an employees name instead of the main characters name.
* Fixed possible crash bug caused by actions with disabled slugs.
* Fixed employee selection screen not displaying button to select employee if someone's name caused a screen overrun.
* Fixed character font/colour not being shown properly in some crises.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.9.1,27/9/2018)

Postby vrengames » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:03 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.9.1 is Out and Available to Everyone! You can download it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/21671612

v0.9.1 is finished and brings with it a ton of new content, adding new features, events, and items to almost every section of the game! In addition to new content a few major changes to the internal workings of the game have lead to major performance improvements and improved graphical quality for clothing items. A bunch of quality of life changes, like the ability to skip time and automatically head home to sleep, have streamlined the general gameplay as well. Last but certainly not least a ton of bugs have been squashed and giving us a much more stable game!

In terms of pure content added this is one of the largest so far in the development of Lab Rats 2. The update adds: Two new crises, two new hair styles, six new character goals, two new character render poses, six new serum traits and effects, 4 new business policies, and three new clothing items! Existing serum traits and crises have also been revisited and most have been updated in some way. Improvements to how clothing items are displayed has let me fix some long standing problems with clothing transparency and tint, which means all of the clothing items now look better and are no longer see-through (unless you want them to be, which is now an option!).

There have been some updates to the gameplay of Lab Rats 2 as well. Some changes are focused on improving the quality of life of the player - most notably you can now skip time and return to bed at the end of the day with a single button click. Other changes address the balance of the game: there are now caps to character stats at character creation as well as in play, and your business size is now limited until you purchase a new line of business policies.

Overall I am very happy with how this update turned out, and I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I have!

And as always, a changelog (v0.8.1 to v0.9.1):

*CHANGES AND NEW ADDITIONS*
* Added improved internal support for characters stripping off clothing.
* Reworked strip branch of broken AC crisis. Girls can now strip down furthur, and you may watch multiple girls strip.
* Added new catfight crisis.
* Added two new hairstlyes: side-shaved short hair and short messy hair.
* Added new investent opportunity crisis.
* Added two new stat goals: employe count over X and bank account over X dollars.
* Added two new work skill goals: Personally Generate X supply and Add X number of uniform options.
* Added two new sex skill goals: Increase core sluttiness by X and cum inside X different girls.
* Refactored internal image drawing code for characters/outfits. No obvious effect but future changes will be easier to impliment.
* Refactored internal lookup method for clothing and body images. Should result in large performance increase across all platforms.
* Corrected opacity across all clothing items. Clothing should no longer be transparent unless it was suppose to be.
* Corrected brightness and contrast of many clothing items. Colouring should be more consistent across all items.
* Corrected brightness and contrast of hair colours. Colouring should be more consistent across all hair.
* Added new idle standing position.
* Characters now have 4 idle poses to choose from when they are randomly created instead of 2.
* Stamina is now considered a sex skill and can be improved like one.
* Stats, work skills, and sex skills are now capped at 4 during character creation.
* Stats, work skills, and sex skills are now capped during play. No stat/skill can be higher than 8.
* Added wait button available at all times, which is repalced by a "Sleep" button at the end of the day.
* Characters now use their default idle pose in the interview screen instead of all using the same pose.
* The size of your business is now capped, starting at 5. This cap can be raised with new business policies.
* Added six new status effects for use in future serum traits. Internal support provided for two more in the future.
* Added six new serum traits.
* Modified most existing serum traits. Serum production tiers no longer restrict what traits you can research from that tier.
* Office flirting crisis now makes use of walking away and back peek poses.
* Added garter belt and fishnets.
* Added lacy one piece underwear.
* Added one piece lingerie.
* Added initial kissing pose.

*BUG FIXES*
* Removed incorrect deepcopy in AC crisis that might have been causing general slowdown over long games.
* Fixed possible bug with dresses not being removed properly by some crises.
* Fixed crash in the uniform violation crisis.
* Fixed an improper reference to an employees name instead of the main characters name.
* Fixed possible crash bug caused by actions with disabled slugs.
* Fixed employee selection screen not displaying button to select employee if someone's name caused a screen overrun.
* Fixed character font/colour not being shown properly in some crises.
* Fixed several crashes caused by improper event system calls.
* Fixed crash when opening "Do Something" menu while at max employee count.
* Fixed crash when it was impossible to construct a valid uniform out of provided uniform pieces.
* Fixed crash in rewritten AC event.
* Fixed "Face of the Business" goal not tracking progress.
* Fixed "Slow Release Dopamine" serum trait causing a crash when used in a serum.
* Fixed missing images for mouth cum dribble in the "walking away" pose.
* Fixed crash bug in uniform disipline crisis.
* Fixed crash caused when trying to complete the uniform creation goal.
* Fixed "Catfight" crisis not properly checking to see if there are actually two people around.
* Fixed crash caused by improper variable call in "Catfight" crisis.
* Fixed "Investment" crisis not properly checking to see if you had employees on hand.
* Fixed advanced serum research event improperly moving the main character before the event.
* Fixed "Investment" crisis not blocking out invalid choices.
vrengames

Postby dannub » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Feedback on 0.9.1:

* Why doesn't Stephanie look anywhere near the same? Is her old model not compatible? It was jarring seeing her in the game like that.

* It feels like the only stat that really matters is charisma, in order to keep your workforce happy. I still had to go through several employees because they weren't happy, and constantly complimenting their work kept dropping their obedience in a vicious cycle. I know you can give them a raise to make them feel better, but then you're eating into your very precious bankroll in the beginning.

* Speaking of charisma, once I got it to 6, an interesting thing happened. When I tried insulting a girl's work, her happiness stat went --3, so it actually increased by three. I'm guessing that's a bug and not really intended, because I abused that to get everyone to high happiness and loyalty.

* And, when I got charisma to 7-8, insulting or complimenting work affected stats significantly. It went from 2-3 points per time to 10-15. And since insulting their work was bugged, it meant happiness and obedience both went up 10-15 per talking-to.

*Ultimately, there still isn't much to do in the game. Once you have a reasonably profitable serum, you can let it run endlessly and just grind up money. Once I had access to tier 2 research, I could hire enough people that money stopped being a concern and I just ended up passing time for days on end.

* While the daily 'quests' are a nice addition, they're too easily abused. Because they repeat, I ended up making several dummy serums just for bonus stat points. This is how I got max charisma.

* This is still a thing: The generic girls could be replaced with robots and they'd have as much of an impact on the game. Stephanie was a great addition. Having other characters that matter would improve the game greatly.
dannub

Postby dannub » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm

And just so I'm not entirely negative, some things I liked: The outfit manager's nice, and I'd love to see some bondage gear added to the list. In fact, being able to buy sex toys and other items would be a nice use for money once you've automated a profitable serum. Having an outfit consist of nothing but high heels and a buttplug would be awesome.

The way you get the higher-tier research projects is nice, but I was hoping there'd be some follow-up with the three girls you send in for the final tier of testing. Also, it'd be nice if you could unlock additional role actions for your head researcher, like secretly putting serum in the company water coolers, or forcing an employee to test some serum. I'm assuming there will be other head roles that'll have unlockable actions, like a head of HR that puts everyone through sexual harassment training (to be sexually harassed).
dannub

Postby vrengames » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.10.0 is out for patron bug testing, public release next week! If you're already a patron you can get the new version here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/22283996

The focus of the v0.10 update cycle was on improving the main sex system of the game, with the goal to make it more interactive and dynamic. As a method to help achieve that goal girls are now given a randomly generated list of "opinions" - topics that she feels strongly or negatively about. Opinions will influence how content a girl is with her job, what sex positions she is most turned on by, and what approach to seduction she finds most effective. Learning a girls likes and dislikes is a key step in corrupting them.

A number of other aspects of the sex system have been updated to make it more context dependent. When having sex the object you're using, such as a desk, bed, or floor, will influence how slutty or obedient a girl is feeling. The way you choose to seduce a girl also has an impact. Girls with high obedience react well to being commanded to have sex, while low obedience but high sluttiness characters like it when you offer to pleasure them. As a last addition characters will also now acknowledge when they're having sex in front of other people, and those other people will certainly have something to say about what you're doing.

Finally, there have been a pile of changes throughout the game to improve the general gameplay and UI. The previous floating text whenever a stat was changed has been replaced with a phone-style UI that logs all of the recent messages. The interview screen has been reworked to be consistent with the menu design of the rest of the game and more attractively display important information. Character happiness now tends towards 100 proportional to how far away from 100 it is. The deepthroat position has had large sections added to it and is being used as a proof of concept for all positions.

This update ended up covering so much that I've decided to devote the v0.11 update cycle to adding content to the exiting sex positions, adding completely new positions, and fleshing out unique branches for opinions. I hope you're excited to try the new version, I hope you enjoy it!

As always, a changelog:
Changelog (v0.9.1 to v0.10.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Serums that increase sluttiness now increase core sluttiness and temporary sluttiness.
* Added support for sprite animations when pieces of clothing are removed.
* Changed all appropraite uses of clothing being removed to use a fade out animation.
* Orgasms can no longer increase core sluttiness any higher than the position maximum allowed for temporary sluttiness.
* Added "..." to menu options that lead to more menues instead of being an instant action.
* Added extra actions in water spilled crisis.
* Added character opinions. Characters will love, like, dislike, or hate a large number of topics.
* Character opinions are split between regular opinions and sexy opinions/kinks.
* Character opinions are partially tied to their personality types. Characters with the same personality are likely to share some opinions.
* Overhauled NPC detailed information screen. Now shows character opinions, special roles, and is in general far more visually appealing.
* Character opinions are now hidden when you first meet a person. Interactions will reveal likes/dislikes as they are relavent.
* Added option to make small talk. Characters will reveal an opinion that they hold. Opinions about sex or other risque topics will only come up at higher sluttiness levels.
* Characters who dislike or hate smalltalk will become less happy when you make small talk with them. Characters who like or love it will have a larger happiness boost.
* Overhauled interview screen.
* Added four new business policies that reveal character opinions. The last level aslo reveals applicant sex skills.
* Overhauled popup screen. Popup information is now stored in a text log in the bottom right of the screen that can be moved up and down to show more or less.
* Added multiple approaches when trying to seduce a girl. Obedient girls are more likely to listen to demands, slutty girls are more likely to be swayed by offers of pleasure.
* Added situational modifiers for your approach while having sex.
* Added situational modifiers for what you're having sex on.
* Added option to "find somewhere quiet" or have sex out in the open. If out in the open other characters in the area will comment on it, with their reaction depending on their own sluttiness.
* Girls now respond back when having sex in public and another character comments on it.
* A characters happiness now floats back towards 100 over time. Each day their happiness will float 1 point towards 100 for every 5 points above or below 100 they are.
* Reworked staff overview screen. Select staff button will now always be visible when appropriate and visble appearance has been improved.
* Most opinions have minor effects spread throughout the game. Most normal opinions give small boosts or penalties to happiness. Most sex related opinions give boosts to sluttiness or arousal.
* Updated tshirt, long tshirt, tanktop, pencil skirt, and booty short renders to fix poke through issues.
* Expanded deepthroat scene description as proof of concept for future position expansions.
* Arousal now adds 25% of it's value to sluttiness during sex instead of 50%
* Tweaked sluttiness values for some pieces of clothing.
* Added small set of new underwear outfits to the random pool.
* Changed suggestability description to %chance of temporary sluttiness into core sluttiness in main person UI.

*BUG FIXES*
* Fixed off by one error with heart displays that was resulting in them displaying one heart segment too few.
* Allowed temporary and core sluttiness to go negative to prevent any bugs when applying and removing negative sluttiness amounts.
* Fixed strip menu improperly returning to sex if a piece of clothing could not be removed.
* Fixed a number of improper random calls that skewed probability to the last option provided in a list.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.10.1,1/11/2018)

Postby vrengames » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:14 am

Lab Rats 2 v0.10.1 is live! Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/22438497

The focus of the v0.10 update cycle was to improve and expand upon the core sex system. To help make the system more interactive and dynamic girls are now generated with a list of opinions on a wide range of topics These topics range from the every day to the explicit. Discovering a girls likes and dislikes is key to ensuring she is happy in her role in your company as well as finding the best way to corrupt her.

A number of other aspects of the sex system to make it all more context dependent. The object that you're having sex on, like a bed, desk, or floor, now influences how slutty or obedient a girl will be. The way you choose to seduce a girl will also have an impact; girls with high obedience respond well to commands, while slutty girls prefer to take control and be pleasured. When having sex in public the people around you will now comment, positively or negatively depending on their personal feelings.

Finally, there have been a pile of changes throughout the game to improve the general gameplay and UI. A new notification system replaces the old text popups when stats are influenced. The interview screen shown when hiring new girls has been reworked to display character opinions (if discovered), and the business policy screen has been updated to include a new line of recruitment policies that identify the opinions of potential hires. A girls happiness now trends back towards it's default value and changes more quickly the further away from this score she. Lastly, the deepthroat position has been expanded substantially as a proof of concept for the work to be done on other positions in the next update cycle.

This update ended up covering so much that v0.11 will be devoted to adding content in the form of expanding the existing sex positions and adding new sex positions. While that is being written sections of the game will also be rerendered and the rendering system in general will be improved.

Enjoy!

Changelog (v0.9.1 to v0.10.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Serums that increase sluttiness now increase core sluttiness and temporary sluttiness.
* Added support for sprite animations when pieces of clothing are removed.
* Changed all appropraite uses of clothing being removed to use a fade out animation.
* Orgasms can no longer increase core sluttiness any higher than the position maximum allowed for temporary sluttiness.
* Added "..." to menu options that lead to more menues instead of being an instant action.
* Added extra actions in water spilled crisis.
* Added character opinions. Characters will love, like, dislike, or hate a large number of topics.
* Character opinions are split between regular opinions and sexy opinions/kinks.
* Character opinions are partially tied to their personality types. Characters with the same personality are likely to share some opinions.
* Overhauled NPC detailed information screen. Now shows character opinions, special roles, and is in general far more visually appealing.
* Character opinions are now hidden when you first meet a person. Interactions will reveal likes/dislikes as they are relavent.
* Added option to make small talk. Characters will reveal an opinion that they hold. Opinions about sex or other risque topics will only come up at higher sluttiness levels.
* Characters who dislike or hate smalltalk will become less happy when you make small talk with them. Characters who like or love it will have a larger happiness boost.
* Overhauled interview screen.
* Added four new business policies that reveal character opinions. The last level aslo reveals applicant sex skills.
* Overhauled popup screen. Popup information is now stored in a text log in the bottom right of the screen that can be moved up and down to show more or less.
* Added multiple approaches when trying to seduce a girl. Obedient girls are more likely to listen to demands, slutty girls are more likely to be swayed by offers of pleasure.
* Added situational modifiers for your approach while having sex.
* Added situational modifiers for what you're having sex on.
* Added option to "find somewhere quiet" or have sex out in the open. If out in the open other characters in the area will comment on it, with their reaction depending on their own sluttiness.
* Girls now respond back when having sex in public and another character comments on it.
* A characters happiness now floats back towards 100 over time. Each day their happiness will float 1 point towards 100 for every 5 points above or below 100 they are.
* Reworked staff overview screen. Select staff button will now always be visible when appropriate and visble appearance has been improved.
* Most opinions have minor effects spread throughout the game. Most normal opinions give small boosts or penalties to happiness. Most sex related opinions give boosts to sluttiness or arousal.
* Updated tshirt, long tshirt, tanktop, pencil skirt, and booty short renders to fix poke through issues.
* Expanded deepthroat scene description as proof of concept for future position expansions.
* Arousal now adds 25% of it's value to sluttiness during sex instead of 50%
* Tweaked sluttiness values for some pieces of clothing.
* Changed suggestability description to %chance of temporary sluttiness into core sluttiness in main person UI.

*BUG FIXES*
* Fixed off by one error with heart displays that was resulting in them displaying one heart segment too few.
* Allowed temporary and core sluttiness to go negative to prevent any bugs when applying and removing negative sluttiness amounts.
* Fixed strip menu improperly returning to sex if a piece of clothing could not be removed.
* Fixed a number of improper random calls that skewed probability to the last option provided in a list.
vrengames

Postby Briheas » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 am

The stat screen for the girls really needs to have their total job values listed. It's the main stat that affects their work performance, and (IMO) is the most important number, moreso than the individual stats that just contribute to it. After all, there's no functional difference between a 4/4/4 girl and a 7/2/1, since both would produce 34 work points, so I don't really care what their baseline stats are - just what their effective contribution is.

I don't really understand why I have to pay my employees over the weekend. From a practical perspective, it makes no sense to pay someone for hours they don't work. From a gameplay perspective, this requires you to bank additional money on Friday just so you can meet payroll on Saturday and Sunday, due to have no production during that time. Even if you want to keep them at the same effective salary cost, it would be better to increase everyone's salary by 28% (2/7) 40% (I can't math) and pay only Mon-Fri, so that their salaries can be offset against the profit made by them.

Will there be some way to increase the stats of girls (aside from the random seminar event)? After a certain point, Stephanie underperforms due to sub-optimal stats, and if there's no reliable way to make her (or any future unique characters), then it seems more efficient to get rid of her and replace her with a generic 7/7/7 girl.

Is there any normal way to permanently raise obedience?
Last edited by Briheas on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Briheas

Postby dannub » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:46 am

I'd agree there either needs to be other methods of raising stats (maybe opting to train a girl by sending her away for a few days in exchange for a stat point?) because currently it's too random, and thus eventually more efficient to just hire on someone new with better stats. Stephanie especially, if she's meant as a story character, she should be gaining stats with every advancement in your serum research.
dannub

Postby dannub » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 am

Other feedback: I'm assuming there are plans to have events or regular things to do on the weekend. In the beginning it's basically only to get a few more research or production points, but by the time you can afford a full staff, I pretty much just wait it out until Monday. Fewer clicks, less grinding, and stuff still gets done eventually. Having events like a weekend fitness class in the mall or concerts downtown where you can meet up with your employees (or just plain go on dates) would be a fun addition.
dannub

Postby MartinMcSurvive » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:18 pm

I'd love to sing the praises of the game, but I have one quick question: how do I make it run? The game says it wants the python27 and sdl2 dlls, but when I put them in the folder the launcher just... does nothing, nothing at all, no matter what version I use. I have been googling shit for 2 hours now and I can't find anything to help me, so I BEG OF YOU, if anyone can help me please do. I'm sure it's something super simple, but I just... I just don't know.
MartinMcSurvive
Newly Registered

Postby vrengames » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:11 am

Patrons can get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/22933595

Lab Rats 2 v0.11.0 is readly for it's week of patron bug testing! This update focuses adding a ton of written of written content to all of the sex positions. All of the positions now have a couple of key choices to make and a bunch of separate branches depending on your decisions, a characters stats, and their personal likes and dislikes. The update is rounded out by the addition of a few new clothing items, tweaked arousal gain mechanics, and a couple bug fixes.

The new written content for the update takes each of the existing sex position descriptions and expands upon them massively. The previous descriptions were a mostly linear bit of text spread across 5 or 10 lines. The new descriptions have at least one key decision to make and a bunch of variations and branching paths. A characters sexual likes and dislikes play a key role in how she reacts and what she enjoys the most. The new descriptions represents a ten fold increase in content for sexual encounters!

This update also includes the first pass for makeup rendering in LR2. New options for lipstick, blush, and eye shadow help create new character outfit possibilities. Future updates will make use of the rendering automation work to add in new pieces of makeup. As an added bonus two new clothing items have been added as well: a tube top and an open vest.

Finally, there has been a bunch of minor tweaks, improvements, and bug fixes. The blowjob, deepthroat, and kissing sex positions have been updated to make use of unique facial positions. The arousal characters gain has been made more uniform across all positions, but girls will now be bored by positions they do not consider slutty. Lastly, a bunch of bug fixes correct some crashes and misbehaving events.

If you're already a patron I hope you enjoy the new content! If not, the bug tested version will be released this time next week absolutely free!

As always, a changelog (v0.10.1 to v0.11.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Major additions to "against_wall" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "blowjob" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "deepthroat" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "doggy" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "kissing" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "missionary" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "piledriver" sex position descriptions.
* Added tubetop clothing item.
* Added vest clothing item.
* Added eyelid shadow makeup item.
* Added full eyeshadow makeup item.
* Added lipstick makeup item.
* Added blush makeup item.
* Added large "workplace flirting" crisis with several tiers and multiple branching paths.
* Girls arousal gain from a position that she does not think is slutty when she is highly aroused is halved.
* Rebalanced sex position arousal gains to be more uniform in the time it takes for someone to climax.
* Added kissing facial modifier and implimented it in the kissing scene.
* Deepthroat scene now makes use of blowjob facial modifier.

*BUG FIXES*
* Fixed bug in AC stripping crisis.
* Fixed bug in workplace flirting crisis.
* Fixed improper logging event in broken AC stripping crisis.
* Fixed typo in "conservative outfit" opinion.
* Fixed character not reassuming sex position after having clothign stripped off.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.11.1, 4/12/2018)

Postby vrengames » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Lab Rats 2 v0.11.1 is live! Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/23115057

Lab Rats 2 v0.11.1 is finished and ready for its public release! This update focuses on adding a ton of written content to all of the sex positions. All of the positions how have several key choices to make and multiple branches depending on your decisions, your stats, and your partners personal likes and dislikes. The update is rounded out by the addition of new makeup items, tweaked arousal gain mechanics, and a collection of bug fixes.

The new written content for the update takes each of the existing sex positions and expands their written descriptions massively. The previous descriptions were mostly linear with between 5 and 10 lines of written content. The new descriptions have at least one key decision to make and several branching paths leading from there. A characters sexual likes and dislikes now play a key role in how they react and how they are influenced. The new descriptions represent a ten fold increase in content for sexual encounters!

The update also includes the first pass for makeup rendering in LR2. New options for lipstick, blush, and eye shadow create new outfit possibilities. Future updates will make use of the rendering automation work that has been done to add new pieces of makeup. As an added bonus two new clothing items have been added as well: a tube top and an open vest.

Finally, there have been a bunch of minor tweaks, improvements, and bug fixes. The blowojb, deepthroat, and kissing sex positions have been updated to make use of unique facial designs. The arousal characters gain has been made more uniform across all sex positions and women will now find low sluttiness positions boring if they have a higher sluttiness and arousal. The outfit designer has been tweaked to include a text readout of the red, green, and blue colour components. You can now also input a value for each component directly.

I hope you enjoy all of the new content, I'm already looking forward to writing more!

Changelog (v0.10.1 to v0.11.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Major additions to "against_wall" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "blowjob" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "deepthroat" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "doggy" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "kissing" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "missionary" sex position descriptions.
* Major additions to "piledriver" sex position descriptions.
* Added tubetop clothing item.
* Added vest clothing item.
* Added eyelid shadow makeup item.
* Added full eyeshadow makeup item.
* Added lipstick makeup item.
* Added blush makeup item.
* Added large "workplace flirting" crisis with several tiers and multiple branching paths.
* Girls arousal gain from a position that she does not think is slutty when she is highly aroused is halved.
* Rebalanced sex position arousal gains to be more uniform in the time it takes for someone to climax.
* Added kissing facial modifier and implimented it in the kissing scene.
* Deepthroat scene now makes use of blowjob facial modifier.
* Outfit manager now has text readout of RGB values
* Outfit manager now allows direct text input to set RGB values

*BUG FIXES*
* Fixed bug in AC stripping crisis.
* Fixed bug in workplace flirting crisis.
* Fixed improper logging event in broken AC stripping crisis.
* Fixed typo in "conservative outfit" opinion.
* Fixed character not reassuming sex position after having clothign stripped off.
* Fixed facial design not being used despite art assets existing.
* Fixed uniform violation crisis triggering while player was not at work.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Lab Rats 2 v0.12.0 is finished and available to Patrons for bug testing! Patrons can get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/23675946

This update focuses on expanding the number of returning LR1 characters to three, adding your sister and mother to the game. Both characters come with unique dialogue and personalities, a unique set of likes and dislikes, and a number of new events specific to them.

Beyond the addition of the two returning characters there are a number of other improvements and changes. Two new clothing items, a summer dress and a wide lace choker, have been added to expand the outfit making possibilities. Outfits can now be exported and imported as .xml files, making it much easier to save outfits between games, share them with others, or tweak the default master wardrobe to your tastes. All of the existing sex positions have had unique orgasm descriptions added, and the new "Ahegao" goal rewards you with a sex skill point if you're able to make a girl climax multiple times in a row. Finally, characters now have internal schedules that they try to adhere to. For most characters this replicates the previous behaviour, but your family will make sure they are home in the evening, and future updates will be able to make use of the functionality.

I hope you enjoy the update!

Changelog (v0.11.1 to v0.12.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Wardrobes are now imported from .xml files stored in the /wardrobes folder.
* Exported outfits are now placed in the Exported_Outfits.xml file in the /wardrobes folder.
* Character last name is now entered on the character creation screen.
* Created unique "Lily" personality type.
* Created unique "Mom" personality type.
* Added Mom's Bedroom and Lily's Bedroom locations.
* Added tabboo modifier to sluttiness when trying to seduce someone related to you.
* Rewrote game introduction to include new family members.
* Removed personal funds from the game. The business bank account now also acts as the players reserve of cash for all purposes.
* Added position specific orgasm descriptions.
* Rerendered tube top clothing item to reduce clipping (more work still needed).
* Added Summer Dress clothing item.
* Added Wide Lace Choker clothing item.
* Added new Mom specific crisis.
* Added several new Lily specific events which come up several days after the game has started.
* Characters now have internal schedules that they will try and follow. Currently this duplicates previous work-home schedule with the exception of your family, who go home earlier.
* Added new facial design.
* Added Patron rewards, including new outfits and a new predefined character.
* Added "Ahegao" sex goal: give the same girl multiple orgasms in a row, in a single session.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 am

v0.12.1 is ready for it's public release! Get it here!

This update expands the number of characters returning from Lab Rats 1 to three, adding your sister and mother to the game world. Both characters come with unique dialogue, personalities, a set of likes and dislikes, and new events specific to them.

Beyond the returning characters there have been a number of improvements and additions. Two new clothing items, a summer dress and a wide lace choker, have been added to the game. Importing and Exporting outfits is easier thanks to the transition to an XML based wardrobe file system. All of the existing sex positions now have a new orgasm description, and a new goal rewards you if you're able to make a girl climax multiple times in a row. Characters now have an internal schedule that they try and adhere to throughout the day, including times to head home and head to work. Finally, a half dozen or so major bugs from v0.12.0 have been fixed.

Enjoy!

Oh, and a changelog (v0.11.1 to v0.12.1):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*
* Wardrobes are now imported from .xml files stored in the /wardrobes folder.
* Exported outfits are now placed in the Exported_Outfits.xml file in the /wardrobes folder.
* Character last name is now entered on the character creation screen.
* Created unique "Lily" personality type.
* Created unique "Mom" personality type.
* Added Mom's Bedroom and Lily's Bedroom locations.
* Added tabboo modifier to sluttiness when trying to seduce someone related to you.
* Rewrote game introduction to include new family members.
* Removed personal funds from the game. The business bank account now also acts as the players reserve of cash for all purposes.
* Added position specific orgasm descriptions.
* Rerendered tube top clothing item to reduce clipping (more work still needed).
* Added Summer Dress clothing item.
* Added Wide Lace Choker clothing item.
* Added new Mom specific crisis.
* Added several new Lily specific events which come up several days after the game has started.
* Characters now have internal schedules that they will try and follow. Currently this duplicates previous work-home schedule with the exception of your family, who go home earlier.
* Added new facial design.
* Added Patron rewards, including new outfits and a new predefined character.
* Added "Ahegao" sex goal: give the same girl multiple orgasms in a row, in a single session.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business (v0.12.1, 8/1/2019)

Postby MaxTheDark » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 pm

This is not an easy game. To it's credit, I gave it an hour before giving up.

At first it took me ages to create serums. Everything takes ages in this game. Then I was severely disappointed to see the FAQ point mentioning there will be no animations, which is weird considering the description which says ' Sex scenes aren't just a series of images and text any more!'. No animations literally means just a series of images and text.

I tried seducing mother and sister only to see their sluttiness capped and needing a serum. Which takes absolute ages and involves hopping between several screens. But the final straw was when I accidentally fired Stephanie. No confirmation, just click the button and she's gone.

I think the core problem I had with this game - and I'm sharing it so you may want to take steps to address it - is because I was looking for a game with good graphics to have a wank to. I don't mind depth and mechanics if they're intuitive and simply explained, but not only the game is incredibly unintuitive but the FAQ text is displayed on a tiny text window which only discourages from reading it.

I hope you will make the learning process easier, and I honestly think you should at least consider animating it. The experience so far is just a bunch of buttons and static images.

[EDIT]
Just to point out, what I meant is, the game is excellent - it just has a high difficulty curve, unintuitive mechanics and would benefit from animations.

Oh, and why 'floor' is the only option, even in my bedroom, with bed, chair and all that? Most of the time I have no choice other than to ruin all the chance. Like when Stephanie came drunk to my home to fuck, but when I suggested blowjob she said she wants it casual. (so I told her to fuck off).
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects