Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 am

This is a one on one slave style rp between me and Sallin_Kari. Expect a lot of harsher and dark themes as these two different souls bond in their painful pasts.

Alex Randal
Job: Master Artificer and occasionally contracted combatant
Race: Dragon-Blooded Human
Bio: To be filled as we progress
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Erami'lara Uthilamina
Job: Formerly Elven Enchantress and soldier now a slave for Alex
Race: Celestial Elf
Bio: Erami'lara, despite her respectable origins, has had a life full of strife. She quickly grew in conflict with many members of her family because she disagreed with the common elven disgust for the other races, claiming they could learn much from a broader perspective. With that said, she is still very proud and protective of her elven heritage, quick to leap to the defense of her people. Her father, the current patriarch of the house, utilized this against her, using his sway to enlist her village's guard, of whom she was a member, into the war with the humans, believing that having direct experience with humans would ruin her view of them, and thus allow her to rejoin 'polite society.'

Of course, the war did not go as anyone expect. The combined might of the vast majority of the world, the largest army ever recorded, descended the humans... And were utterly destroyed. The elves, whom used their high mobility to push the perceived advantage, were almost wiped out by the human counter attack, being the one of the first forces to be engaged. Erami'lara, however, with her skill as a war enchantress managed to buy enough time for a significant portion of her unit to retreat, before escaping herself.

Her homecoming was not a happy one. Her uncle, a veteran from the last war with the humans, and the unit commander was missing, presumed dead, yet Erami'lara didn't change her mind, even going so far as saying that this could have been avoided by not joining the war against the humans, or at least not succumbing to the bloodlust and struggling to get to the first. The cold looks she was given turned to open hostility, despite her continued defense of her village, something that became increasingly desperate with the increased raiding and absents of guards. When the Elven elders finally submitted to the humans in exchange for defense, they were quick to sacrifice her to the hated humans, cursing and jeering at her as she was paraded out of her home along with the rest of the soon to be slaves.
Appearance:

Brand of Ownership: Intricate collar with his personal emblem on the back. He's a master artificer, no matter how he acquired his slave, she shall wear his brand with pride.
Enchantments: Clear Rune, Stamina Rune, and Sorcerer Rune. She'll need a clear mind and some magical skills to help him with his work. Oh and the lab needs a lot of cleaning so she'll need some decent stamina too.
Clothing Articles: Worker Drags and Formal.
Her worker drags are a pair of sturdy boots, simple baggy brown pants, a plain grey long sleeve shirt, and an apron.
Her formal wear is this dress:

Her living quarters is going to be the master bedroom since he wants to keep her close.

Opening:
Erami'lara was being led through a well organized, and obviously government handled, slave market. She remembered more of how she got here with each step towards what would be her cell while she waited to be sold. Her Uncle ordering the execution of captured Draconic soldiers, and her attempt at saving some of them lead to her being shunned in her village. The loss of the war had rendered her town like many of the other Elven towns almost defenseless. Rather than slowly watching their village be pillaged and women raped into destruction, they accepted an offer for help from the Draconic Nation. The only cost was the surrender of at least five former soldiers. Erami'lara and her former team-mates were the ones chosen. She was the first one with everyone practically cheering when she left, but they all wept for the other soldiers. Their travel didn't take long and she found herself inside a large sorting room. Soon to be slaves were sorted by a number that they were handed upon stepping off the odd mechanical vehicle that had taken them from their homes and then lead off to other rooms. She was handed the number four and directed to a door. With no other choice she began walking, and noticed that none of the guards here were speaking common. They were speaking Draconic, the language that kept most soldier up at night. Nobody besides them spoke it, and they had proven they were worth fearing. She quickened her pace and soon reached the door. A guard standing next to it took her number and practically pushed her in. From there she only heard two phrases in common "Take off all your clothes and hold your breath." and "Put on these clothes and follow the guards." The process that she went under was very simple: stripped of her armor and underwear, washed off with hoses and luke-warm water, dried off by wind magic, given a pair of panties, loose pants, and what looked like a single piece of cloth for her chest. Some of the girls hard trouble with the clothe and quite a few others only had their nipples covered by it. Erami'lara was lucky in that her B-cup chest seemed to fit it perfectly. And that is how she reached the situation she was in. Now she was being pushed into a cage and left, but not long after the door closed an elf in Draconic clothing walked up to her. He spoke in fluent Elvish. "So miss Erami'lara, do you have any questions?"
Reaperbones

Re: Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:38 am

Loneliness. It was a feeling I thought I understood perfectly, but I've never felt as truly isolated as when my countrymen cheered for my enslavement. Even members of my clan were there, jeering me. Those that I was willing to die for throwing curses of my very existence. I watched what few friends I had die. I've been betrayed by my clan. And now I lost my freedom. I wonder what god I offended to deserve such a life. Still, at least my life has value, even if only as a sacrifice. With this my home would avoid destruction.

As I depart one of the strange human vehicles I look over the number I am given, I look to see if my fellow sacrifices got different numbers. The guards speaking Draconic didn't scare me, though the fact I didn't know what they were saying was concerning. Still, I made no attempts to resist. There was no point in it, and it could risk myself and my home. With that said, I am still hesitant to strip but do so anyways, trying to cover myself to retain some dignity while I'm hosed down. I must say, I am being treated better than expect, being given clothes. I understand the lack of beatings or anything like that, after all you can't mark up your products, but giving us clothes is more effort then I expected them to put in.

I am surprised by the elf. And hesitant. Memories of my... exile are very fresh in my mind so I fully expect to insulted further by him. But he speaks with a professional politeness. Still... do I have questions? As a dozen pop into my mind that I would not dare to ask, I rephrase the question in my own head. Do I have any appropriate questions. After a long moment, "What can I expect?" escapes my lips with a lethargy, that betrays how these past few days have weighed on me.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:13 pm

The elf was a handsome fellow, probably only a few hundred years old. He gave Erami'lara a small smile as she spoke. He grabbed a clipboard off the cage wall and read it. He spoke after a few seconds. "Well you're a class four which is the second worst class you can get, but you should consider yourself lucky all things considered. At least you have some rights, and you have a chance at redemption. What you can expect though? Well you've already been purchased, so you won't have to wait for someone to choose you. It seems that it's one of our more famous Artificer's. Well I'd say that if you actually seek redemption and aim to prove yourself worthy then in about four years you can make an appeal to become a free citizen like me."
As he finished speaking, you see one of the guards walk up to him. They hand him a container with some food in it, and spoke in Draconic. The guard seems relaxed and cheerful as he speaks and shrugs. The elf responds in kind and answers in Draconic. After the quick exchange the guard leaves and the elf places the container in his bag. He looked at Erami'lara and spoke. "Many of our kin call me a traitor for choosing to stay, do you think I'm a traitor?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:49 pm

I silently listen to his explanations. It's... strange. What are the classes? Rights? For slaves? Redemption? Well it's far too late for me to be redeemed, even if it is offered.The fact I was already purchased is weird in and of itself, but my mind is more focused on the other aspects.

"Well, if you are, you're in good company. I'm also called a traitor," I respond, hardly in the position to lay judgement against someone else, "But could you explain the 'classes' of slaves to me?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:32 pm

The elf chuckled when she said she was in the same position as him. He spoke with a warm smile. "Well with a society as addicted to purity perfection as the Elven Socitey is, you'll find traitorism as an excuse to exile any non-conforming elf. You'll find this place more preferable in time I believe."
When she asked about the class four slave title, he frowned and let out a sigh. He spoke with a somber tone. "It means that you have few rights as you have committed or were involved in a heinous crime. Your owner will be allowed to beat you as long as they don't permanently injure you, and they may also force you into any sexual action that they feel like as long as it doesn't permanently injure you. You'll receive bimonthly check ups and every six months you may make an appeal to have the class lowered. Speaking of which..."
He pulled out his own clipboard after putting hers back. He spoke as he pulled out a pen. "I will be handling your first appeal should you want to make one. They want to review it before they put on your tattoo. So do you believe you deserve to have your class reduced and for what reason do you believe this should happen?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:38 pm

I feel a shiver of fear run up my spine as he mentions what could and is likely to be involved. With the option of appeal, I almost beg, but I stop myself. I am a sacrifice. What kind of sacrifice begs for mercy? Instead I clench my jaw and fists, trying to suppress my anxiety.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:43 pm

The elf notices your clenched fists and leaned against the bars. He spoke with a soft voice. "If it's any consolation then I can almost guarantee you that you will only receive such treatment during punishments. Honestly if your want to make an appeal then do so. Maybe your perspective will reveal new information about the event. If you don't want to then that's fine too. I'll call over one of the pages so you can receive your tattoo."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 pm

'My perspective' Such a laughable concept. When has my perspective ever done anything good for me? Every time I mention it only pain follows. Impossible decisions. Betrayal. No my perspective is useless... Worse than useless. Like me, it is just a poisonous herb in the garden, causing complication in all the nearby plants... Best for me to be uprooted and burned to keep the pests away.

Silently I sit before him, awaiting my fate.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 am

The elf let out a sigh and was about to speak when a gruff voice in elvish. "HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY NIECE!"
There was a commotion as guards tried to lead an elderly warrior elf off. Erami'lara recognized him as her missing uncle, and she could tell he had been here in a while. The guards spoke in common as he resisted. "Sir, stop resisting, you have been here long enough to know struggling is pointless."
The elf that had been speaking with Erami'lara stood up and spoke in Draconic. He made a couple gestures towards both Erami'lara and her uncle before the guards let out a sigh and spoke in common. "Alright he gets thirty seconds and then it's to the auction stage with him."
The elf gave them a smile before two of the guards lead the elderly elf over to the cage. He was forced down to his knees and they kept a rifle pointed at him. One of the guards spoke with a frown. "Alright your thirty seconds start now, anything you want to say, say it now."
The elderly elf glared at the guards before turning to his niece and speaking in elvish. "How did you get here Erami'lara? Has the village fallen? I am told the war has ended, and I have seen many of the races here. Have we truly lost?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 am

My ears pick up at my uncles voice. I hadn't heard it since the retreat, and thought him dead. My eyes widen as I spot him. As the elf manages to get me time to speak with my uncle, I give him a thankful nod. Listening to his questions I decide to answer it in reverse order, "We did loss... After you were captured it was over for us, we never had a single victory. The village is still intact, but with the loss of our military we became targeted by our neighbors. We were forced to hand over some of our surviving members to gain protection from the humans, and I was nominated for my views," Pausing for a moment, I ask, "How have you been doing?" Looking over at the guards, "Poorly I imagine."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 am

Her uncle listened to her with a growing sadness. He pressed his head against the cage and spoke with a somber tone. "How could they have nominated you, my beautiful niece? Your naivety towards the true nature humans was only a passing phase, not worth you being forced to see their evil first hand. I am sorry that I failed to escape. I should have been there to defend you."
She asked how he was doing and he attempted a proud smile. He spoke with a haughty tone. "These brutes offered me lesser punishment should I confess my mistakes and seek redemption. I told them to stuff it and that I was proud to have executed their evil soldiers. They have decided that I shall be something called a class five slave. The guards have been calling me a dog...Tell me dear niece, what punishment did they sentence you?"
The elf that had gained Erami'lara the time with her uncle looked visibly disgusted by his proud statement of the execution.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:35 am

I reach out to touch his face, "No, don't blame yourself. They needed a scapegoat, and I was a convenient one for them. If the elf race can survive because of my sacrifice, then how am I to reject that?" I give him a strong smile at that, concealing my anxiety with my conviction. Him being a soldier has stated much the same sentiment, so he shouldn't counter it.
Exactly as I expected... and feared. Uncle's pride and convictions was always strong, so he'd gladly suffer hardships in order to trumpet his beliefs... Honestly something that might be inheritable in the family, considering I suffer from that as well, hence my current predicament... Something of an irony there, we both kneeling here for holding onto our believes despite them being opposites. "Apparently I'm a class four slave, which from what I understand of their system is a level softer than yours." I explain before pleading with him, "But Uncle, the fight is lost, there is no reason to have yourself roughed up over it. That is all you are accomplishing here." I remember that day very clearly. I remember it was the first time I yelled at him, and stormed off in disgust... But I still don't wish to see my uncle suffer.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 am

Her uncle's strong face softened at her touch, and he wished he could return the affection, but his arms were held tight behind him in bindings. Her speech of self-sacrifice twisted his face in a mixture of pride and anguish. He spoke as she smiled. "A sacrificial choice made by those who didn't understand you. Erami'lara...Little Lara, my niece, you are a fine example of an Elvin enchantress and should hold strong to your pride."
A guard spoke in common just before Lara could tell her uncle her punishment. "Alright thirty seconds are up. Say your goodbyes."
Her uncle ignored the hands that were returned to his shoulders as Lara spoke about her punishment. A mixture of rage and sadness filled his eyes as he heard her speak of her future as a slave. He was forced to his feet by magic as a guard spoke in Draconic. He spoke as he was forcefully marched away. "The fight is never truly lost so long as we hold to our beliefs. I fear not my future for I will die as a proud Elf. Little Lara, I hope you find joy in your life and may you outlive your master. Good-bye my niece, I love you."
The elf who had been helping Lara waited a few seconds before stepping back over to her cage. He spoke as he crouched next to her and presented a cloth. "I am sorry I could not buy you more time with him."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:58 am

The 'may you find rest under the forest's ever watchful eye,' is basically the elvish version of "Rest in Peace" to give you an idea of what she means.

"Goodbye, Ialum'kata... Be well," I call after him, feeling my tears well up in my eyes, knowing my request would be for naught, adding after he is out of sight, "And may you find rest under the forest's ever watchful eye."

I take the cloth to attempt to dry my tears as I force out, "No... thank you. I thought him dead, so being able to say goodbye one last time was more than I could have hoped for."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:08 am

The elf spoke as he gave her a soft smile. "I try to do what I can for the elves transitioning into this new life. I was one of the first captured, abandoned when I was found healing a captured human. I was only a class two slave, so I was mostly just forced labor in a hospital. I found that even as a slave everyone treated me with respect and kindness. I chose to stay rather than go back to those who had abandoned me, and I'm not lying when I say it was one of the best choices I made."
He stood up and cleared his throat as a guard walked up and spoke in Draconic. He nodded to them and spoke to Lara in Elvish. "Well it's time for you to go get your tattoo and meet your new master."
The cage was opened and the guard moved to the side so Lara could step out.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:14 am

"A quite brave move on your part," I comment at his story. I am glad that things worked out for him. Not everyone should be forced to live the same way. Hearing that my bell have tolled, I fold the piece of cloth given to me and return it, thanking him for all his help before following the guard.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:53 pm

The elf pushed the cloth back into her hand and spoke. "You have many hardships ahead of you. Take this and remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel."
The guard waved for you to start walking but didn't push you. He didn't even have his weapon drawn, and it seemed like he was planning on guiding you via trust alone. He walked beside you as you two walked by cages full of various races, and even some humans were present. You saw the same symbol as what was on your clipboard on their clipboards too, so you could infer that they were all class four slaves like you. Some had magic tattoos on their shoulders while others didn't, but none were chained or shackled. After walking by dozens of these cages you finally reached cages with shackled prisoners. They had a new symbol on their clipboards and a guard stood by each cage. Lara would recognize a few cages in a few of her team mates. They were chained down, but their mouths weren't gagged unlike others. As she passed they all glared at her and yelled in Elvish. "Traitor!"
It only took the guards a few seconds to slam their swords against the cages and yell something in Draconic. Lara's team mates were quickly silenced as magic surged from the tattoo on their shoulders. Lara's guard stopped next to her and spoke in common. "Do you need me to assist you in anyway?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm uncertain as to what I should do with the elven worker refusing to take back his cloth. Hesitant lead to me simply accepting it as I march out of the room.

Spotting my former compatriots and hearing their slander, I reply, with concealed venom "A strong word, considering how many of you I saved from death." I could take this from the general populace, but those whom I fought aside, and defended their lives? No, they were sacrificial pieces just like me, and as such, no greater than I. I would not endure their abuse silently.
"No, I do not require assistance at this juncture," I reply to the guard, speaking common for the first time since I arrived here.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:47 pm

The guard gave her a nod and a nudge to keep her moving. Her former compatriots listened to her comment with snarls. When one of them was about to attempt speech the guard slammed on the cage with his rifle. He spoke in a rude tone. "You heartless fucks have no right to speak to her. She will walk the path of redemption and find happiness. All that awaits you is punishment for your sins. Stay silent or I'll make sure you can't speak anymore."
The other guards chuckled as the prisoner cowered from the words he heard. As Lara passed, she caught of glimpse of why her compatriot cowered. The guard didn't not have soft hands like many others. Red scales with blackened clawed hands held his rifle. He turned around and gave Lara a soft smile and a nod. He spoke with a proud tone. "Walk strong and proud young elf, may you find your redemption."
The rest of the walk to the doorway in the back of the cell block was uneventful. She entered a hallway before being directed to the left and then into a room a few doors down. Upon entrance the guard pointed at a chair and spoke in common. "Wait there for the mage. Walk strong and proud, may you find your redemption."
The guard closed the door behind her and left her alone.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Noting the scaled and clawed hands, I recall what I heard about how the dragons and humans have started to become one race, and how I was in the dragon's belly, so to speak. Still, it seemed that their temper required one to step out of line, so I redouble my effort to not step on any toes during this process. Still, they are very proud of this... 'redemption' narrative. Regardless of the self-righteousness inherited in it, it is an understandable concept for an empire builder. With the concept of 'sin' and 'redemption' you can peacefully induct other races, induce them into this quasi-religious ideology, and burn away any resentment, allowing for a stable non-rebellious population of your former enemy. It is a far more stable, albeit slow and labor intensive, method of subjecting your enemy than simple conquest. In addition you have the benefit that it is far easier for your own people to accept this method than blatant genocide, which will put at least a portion of most population, the only exceptions being goblins or orcs, whom are happy to kill even their own kind in mass. Still, I doubt redemption is possible for me. After all, redemption is to regain something you have lost... A standing, the acceptance of the public, or a reputation. But I never had anything like that to regain. Pondering these things I sit in the chair, patiently waiting.
Sallin_Kari

Next

Return to Private Games