Kingdom Hearts: Darkness of Light

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Darkness of Light

Postby LadenSwallow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 am

Each play through will be different, so will have to describe the technique:

Step 1, create a table detailing which people will be with which other people, morning, mid day, afternoon (same as mid day) and evening (same as morning).
Use this information to create the two 'chains' to the pure heart. I will use my last play through as an example:

Pure heart = belle
belle meets elena and pocahontas
elena meets kida (and belle)
kida meets ariel
ariel meets elsa
elsa meets jane
jane meets moana
moana has some time alone.

There would be a similar chain to follow for pocahontas, but the above chain is the one we are interested in because moana in this play through is alone in the morning and evening, which means if no doors are unlocked she will be outside.

We now want to corrupt these individuals in reverse order up to 28%, but save corrupting moana until night times. As soon as moana will be able to voyeur jane to above 28%, make sure jane's door will be open that night, that way jane will be in a position to corrupt up to the point where she can voyeur elsa and so on.

As soon as you could get belle to 100%, do so, so that you get the corruption bonus. Now work your way back down this list until all are corrupted. Once all 7 are corrupted, a special event will kick in as soon as everyone goes to sleep the next time.
LadenSwallow
Newly Registered

Postby Bunnyav » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 am

To add a little detail to Laden's great notes:
16 acts per day , 8 acts night
14 acts to softcap at 28 (each act deals 2 until this point, must have their friend in voyeur to break the cap if they aren't the loaner)
+2 acts to 34 unlocks night door (these acts are worth 3, as are the next 4)
+4 acts to 46 fondle (acts are worth 4 after this)
+4 acts to 62 voyeur others (despite the text dialogue occuring at 66)
2 acts to 70 penetrate (acts are worth 5 after this
6 acts to 100 for Futaassist
Taking the pure heart to 100% makes all lewd acts deal 9 points corruption, so 5 acts to finish off your line at 62%, or 11-12 acts on people from 0-2%.

Thus if you make all the right moves (boost people to 28, unlock their doors same day you break their softcap, and use the night to make them voyeur), you can have "Character 2" unlock her door for night 2, and have the pure hearted character unlock her door on the same day you unlock the door of her friend. Corrupting her on day 8 will give you plenty of time to fill up your 7, but there's nothing special I observed from that.
Bunnyav

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 am

Welp, I have tried multiple nights, I got to say great job to anyone whom has found the perfect way to get all the girls corrupted.

To GeoRepeat, I personally think that if you add 2 days with your current stats, it will become possible for majority of people that are trying, and if you add 4-6 more days, anyone will then be able to beat it. I will also understand also if you don't increase the amount of time given and keep the perfect ending to those that really want to try and perfect your system.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Galgano » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:52 am

So, I have an idea for the game. This came to me because of the cutscenes you see in between the days covering Aqua's path to the retreat. What if, you spent a portion of the day (or the same day repeated) as the hooded figure. She can do various things to delay Aqua; she can choose to tail Aqua to see who she's going to talk to, or where she's going to be. Then, she could corrupt the person Aqua would talk to or send cocks her way to try to delay her. And who knows, maybe with enough corruption towards Aqua on the hooded figure's end and she'll join the princesses at the retreat in the end. The reason for this would be to delay Aqua. This would give players the opportunity to not play on such a strict timeline. Because at this point, this is less of a game and more of a slightly more interactive novel. You should still have the 10 day deadline as usual. That way, if the player just royally screws the pooch in trying to delay Aqua, they can still corrupt all the princesses. But, by giving the ability to hinder Aqua's advance, you give the players more freedom in how to approach the game.
Galgano

Postby WingedViper » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Not to be insulting, but it's patently impossible to corrupt all of the princesses -- even if you make a beeline for the pure heart, you can only get two-thirds of them at most.
WingedViper
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:29 pm

WingedViper Wrote:Not to be insulting, but it's patently impossible to corrupt all of the princesses -- even if you make a beeline for the pure heart, you can only get two-thirds of them at most.

It's possible
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby WingedViper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:07 am

Okay, I tried one strategy where you corrupt the pure heart as soon as possible, which takes at least 7 days and 8 hours (that's 176 hours). It takes 24 hours for a princess to co-operate and 32 to fully corrupt her, therefore it takes six full days to gain the co-operation of all the princesses up to the pure heart, plus another day and eight hours to fully corrupt the pure heart. the game ends after 9 full days (216 hours), leaving you with 40 hours left -- not nearly enough time to corrupt everyone.

I'll try fully corrupting them one at a time and see if that works better tomorrow.

And if it turns out that you're just trolling me, I swear to god I'm going to be mildly annoyed.
WingedViper
Newly Registered

Postby Angel Kiya » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm

read the last line of Ladenswallows post.
Theres an event trigger when the pure heart and 6 other girls are fully corrupted the next time they go to sleep. Also, the corruption needed for a girl to watch is actually 62%, not 66% when the text trigger for it happens.
Angel Kiya

Postby WingedViper » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:57 am

Yeah, that's what you get for clicking "read newest post" and replying before checking some of the older ones first, I suppose. Sorry about that.

I didn't know you only had to corrupt seven of the princesses -- in my hastiness I thought you had to corrupt all thirteen of them, which was why I complained that you could only corrupt two-thirds at most.
WingedViper
Newly Registered

Postby Rikuhino » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Hey big fan quick questions. Is light's darkness just for scraps or do you plan on doing anything else with it?
Also whats your process with making a game? Like do you use action script? How do you go about making assets?
Rikuhino
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:14 am

Rikuhino Wrote:Hey big fan quick questions. Is light's darkness just for scraps or do you plan on doing anything else with it?
Also whats your process with making a game? Like do you use action script? How do you go about making assets?

The original? Just scraps; this game took over the idea and is mostly complete, so I don't feel a need to revisit it.

As far as making games go; I figure out what kind of game I want it to be, usually start with designing the "moving around" mechanics and make the world the player is in, then start to fill it with stuff and add in game mechanics. There is a bit of start at the end and move backwards as you have to know where you are going / what the win condition of your game is in order to effectively build it from the ground up.

For example, with this game, I made scripts that generated the backgrounds, then made scripts that controlled the main character, made the rooms and "built" the house so you could move around in it. Then I designed the girls and created their interaction scripts etc etc. As far as assets go, I am a pretty awful artist and do a lot of tracing then animating. For the non-sprite scenes (pov / full animations) I usually find some H-art that I like and trace the various parts over it then animate them. Most of the girls in this game are a basic body frame with a head traced in from google image searches.

Everything is done in AS3, my actual .FLA docs are usually just a blank timeline or maybe a masked object holder.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Do you have any intentions of adding additional Princesses? I totally get it if not, I just noticed that Alice, Cinderella, Tiana, Aurora, and Snow White are missing and was curious as to whether or not they are intended to be included or not.

ALSO, are multiple endings intended? And can/will a player be able to corrupt Aqua?

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Bunnyav » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:36 am

Ok, it's possible. After your first 7 are at 100%, one of the girls you've never touched doors will be unlocked at night, and she'll be missing/outside just like your first corruption victim was. You'll get a new action that instantly does 100% corruption in 1 hour action, then the next girl in the "chain" to the pure heart from the other side will act the same. This means you only need 6 of the last 8 hours to corrupt the last 6 girls. Nothing happens even with everyone corrupted once time runs out.
Bunnyav

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Don't know if anyone else is still experiencing this, but there is another princess whose name isn't appearing when she's picked as the pure heart. I have no idea who it is this time around, but i have had it happen twice where i only got "her name is... !"
EyeOfCthulhu

Postby Angel Kiya » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:55 am

EyeOfCthulhu Wrote:Don't know if anyone else is still experiencing this, but there is another princess whose name isn't appearing when she's picked as the pure heart. I have no idea who it is this time around, but i have had it happen twice where i only got "her name is... !"

The only Princess has that error is Elsa.
Angel Kiya

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:53 am

Angel Kiya Wrote:
EyeOfCthulhu Wrote:Don't know if anyone else is still experiencing this, but there is another princess whose name isn't appearing when she's picked as the pure heart. I have no idea who it is this time around, but i have had it happen twice where i only got "her name is... !"

The only Princess has that error is Elsa.

I've had her name pop up as the pure heart before (literally the run i just did actually), i'm starting to wonder if maybe it's just a random error that pops up every now and then or if it's directly attached to someone. Could it be that it is directly attached to Elsa but only triggers sometimes? this finding bugs thing confuses the hell out of me xD
EyeOfCthulhu

Postby ReinxRaiden » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:25 am

Hey, can I get like any hints or help (I still want to figure it out myself, but like some help). I read all the tips up there, but I still can't figure out how to beat the game. I went through 10+ plans on how to beat it, but none can do it. I always end up with just 6 Princesses corrupted but nothing. I sometimes get 7 of the Princesses, but the positions are what keeping me from beating it.
ReinxRaiden
Newly Registered

Postby Jormungandr201 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Right, so, it took me a while to figure out a solution to this game. Like, spreadsheets were involved. I'll try to give a general gist solution, and a turn-by-turn spoilered out for if it's necessary. Sorry for the wall of text.

• If the first princess in the chain is at 62 by the end of night 2/early morning day 3 (which requires 8 total day actions, and the other 16 can be night actions), there should be enough points from actions floating around for princess 2 to reach 62 by the end of the next night.
  • This should be continuable without wasting turns until princess 5 hits 62 on night 6/early morning 7. The next day, princess 6 can reach 62 and Pure Heart can reach 34.
  • Pure Heart, at this point, can reach 100 on day 8, and leave the player 8 day actions for the day. This leaves 32 total actions before night 9 to max the other six, a task that should only take 30 actions.

This is where I'm a little stumped, as I didn't get a cutscene at the beginning of night 9, the way LadenSwallow suggested I should. I'm gonna run it again on a fresh save, to make sure I'm not crazy.

Specific walkthrough:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

• Day 1: P1 x 8, P2 x 8
  • Night 1: P1 x 8
  • Day 2: P2 x 6, P3 x 10
  • Night 2: P1 x 8
  • Day 3: P3 x 4, P2 x 2, P4 x 10
  • Night 3: P2 x 8
  • Day 4: P3 x 2, P4 x 4, P5 x 10
  • Night 4: P3 x 8
  • Day 5: P5 x 4, P4 x 2, P6 x 10
  • Night 5: P4 x 8
  • Day 6: P5 x 2, P6 x 4, PH x 10
  • Night 6: P5 x 8
  • Day 7: PH x 4, P6 x 10, PH x 2
  • Night 7: PH x 8
  • Day 8: PH x 8, P1 x 5, P2 x 3
  • Night 8: P2 x 2, P3 x 5, P4 x 1
  • Day 9: P4 x 4, P5 x 5, P6 x 5, 2 leftover hours
  • Night 9: 8 leftover hours

Hope it helped!
Jormungandr201
Newly Registered

Postby Bunnyav » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

@jormungandr201 Look at my last post. There's no special cutscene "when night falls" nor "when you get the chain of 7 corrupted. Just look for unlocked doors on the last night. Laden must have meant the special 1 hour to 100% corrupt the last 6 princesses you can do once the 7 chain is corrupted. You are very close.
Bunnyav

Postby LadenSwallow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:55 pm

It isn't a 'cutscene' per se, but rather the night time door will be open for a totally uncorrupted princess who will be outside the house and will now have a new action on interacting with her that will 100% corrupt in 1 sitting. Repeat for all remaining princesses.
LadenSwallow
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop