PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:19 pm

samuelsteven6 Wrote:Sorry to ask this, but did you remove some scene? Because I can't find the scene after saving the Spearow in the cave. After the Pokemon Virus thing. I might've thought that you deleted it for some reasons. So, is it true, or is it just me lost?

There was never a spearow, it was just a call back to the first bit of OG pokemon as on of the spearows hit by Ash's Pikachu

Akhera Wrote:Remember me? Maybe you don't but that doesn't matter. I once made a willow fanart and to remind you guys there is still community supporting this project, I made another quick one with my poor mouse skills ;)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Jesse.png

Yep, that is some more fan Art. Thank you show you support in a creative way using Angelica this time no less.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby jaredh72 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:50 am

Dead2112man Wrote:
kimsxygth Wrote:SO how long until we can go to Vermillion or Saffron. cause I'm stopped right there, and I really love the game.

Don't really know, my guess will be a half a year or so after we got the engine finished and release the first part.But I am not sure, we do believe we can move faster with this engine when finished, but building the engine takes take, we currently have two people working on it of whom include Val, while two more will be jumping back in mid may when collage wraps up for the spring semester.

I personally do say sorry that it has been a very long time from when we last released things but the wait will be worth it in the end.

You're still moving faster than Humbird's one though, since it hasn't been updated since the beginning of 2016, so there is that in your favor. I understand that good work and doing things right the first time takes time, whereas doing hastened or poor work usually ends up creating problems that end up sucking up more time overall to fix things compared to when it was done right the first time. Take your time to do it right.
jaredh72

Postby Lane2626 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 am

Heyyy Sooo.....Question. I was reading awhile back. Last year someone posted a reply about the glitch making you walk through the wall at the back of bills house. I currentley am having the same probelm. Was this ever fixed? Or do i need to restart my game...I would rather not hahah. Thanks!

EDIT: Aight...IM back again. I figured out all i had to do was stand still. ANYWAYS. Now im stuck right out side cercluerlan City. Cant go through the underground tunnel. The cutscene with team rocket plays and then eevee freaks out and tells me to go up....I do. but i dont find anything. Ive serched the whole level top to bottem. Where do i go from here? My apologies for Bugging people lol. Or is this as far as the Devs Got?
Lane2626
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 pm

To my knowledge all the scenes are still there. However, one of the many "bugs" deadman mentioned is the editor's uncanny habit of deleting things I know I put in. Or failing to save them, I'm not sure exactly. All I know is that over several months of working with the game I lost more than half of the painstakingly assembled database and had to rebuild it. I've never yet seen it delete an event object but there's always a first time for everything.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby The Imperious » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:29 am

I need a detailed explanation on the game mechanics, since you added alot of features that aren't explained very well such as the weakspots of every species
The Imperious
Newly Registered

Postby SBSK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:48 am

Hey, guys! Great game! I'm interested in becoming a valuable contributor to the progress of said game.
Recently I've been getting into Java and Python, and was wondering what language the new engine is coded in? I'm not asking to become part of the team, but learning a new language and checking out crash reports, bugs, etc. could help me learn new tricks and hone my abilities as a coder.

(I'm not actually new, I just can't remember my other login info. The last time I logged in to post anything on the forums was before Dusty's Castle was a thing.)
SBSK
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:43 pm

SBSK Wrote:Hey, guys! Great game! I'm interested in becoming a valuable contributor to the progress of said game.
Recently I've been getting into Java and Python, and was wondering what language the new engine is coded in? I'm not asking to become part of the team, but learning a new language and checking out crash reports, bugs, etc. could help me learn new tricks and hone my abilities as a coder.

(I'm not actually new, I just can't remember my other login info. The last time I logged in to post anything on the forums was before Dusty's Castle was a thing.)

We are using the Gamemaker Engine, so the language that one uses

The Imperious Wrote:I need a detailed explanation on the game mechanics, since you added alot of features that aren't explained very well such as the weakspots of every species

Add what mechanics, If you referring to the engine you can play the current version on, yea, wont deny, we had more of a focus on story then optional catching mechanics, will try to address that and anything we might have better in the new engine.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:21 am

It's been quiet. Too quiet.

And sorry about the continued delays. Real life has beated the team once more. Val is still hard at work trying to get the engine finalized. In the meantime, I've finally gotten a knack for scene art and have had way too much fun working on them, though mostly just the lines. We're adding a lot of content to the first two chapters to compensate for the amount of time it's taken to get the engine out.

So far I'm working on roughly 40 more scenes for the next release, as well as a few scene updates, including the Pikachu scenes. So we're still working on getting it up and running and making the wait worthwhile.
Dapper Gent

Postby NCFancypants » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:It's been quiet. Too quiet.

It's quiet...Too quiet...*is jumped by a Garchomp* Land sharks! God help us a-
NCFancypants

Postby Heath0069 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:14 pm

I have a discord now 1233#Heath
Heath0069

Postby Starstudy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 pm

I don't know if it's a known bug/problem but the farther along I get in the game the longer it takes for an NPC to say their battle dialog and then start the battle. It takes a good 4 minutes at the water gym. I have v1.63 if you are wondering what version I'm playing. I'm thinking it might be all the data it's trying to load as I'm trying to 100% the current build and I think all my data (pictures, pokedex, etc) is causing it.
Starstudy
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 am

Starstudy Wrote:I don't know if it's a known bug/problem but the farther along I get in the game the longer it takes for an NPC to say their battle dialog and then start the battle. It takes a good 4 minutes at the water gym. I have v1.63 if you are wondering what version I'm playing. I'm thinking it might be all the data it's trying to load as I'm trying to 100% the current build and I think all my data (pictures, pokedex, etc) is causing it.

Yea that would do, expecially if you did it all in one run, that is one of the biggest reasons we are moving on to game maker engine.
Dead2112man

Postby drizzt267 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:22 am

Love the game hope you guys are still wokring on it

Here are a few things that might need to be looked into for the next version

While I was leveling everyone at the current end point I ran into the following issues
Nidorina's Poison sting does not poison. I have used in atleast 30 times on Val's eevee and she has never been poisoned . After further looking into this Nidorina is a Normal pokemon instead of grass like Nidorino and Nidoran f/m

Some trainers you can challenge again. others you cant. trainers you can challenge again range from 2 to about 12 battles. Find that off. Val is only trainer i have challeneged over 15 times. I am using him to slowly get all my pokemon to level 11.

When pokemon evolve their skills change. Is there anyway you could program in a stop evolution command? Or possinly an item that when held stops it and then evolution is only triggered at 1 level so after you pass that level you can move item to a new pokemon?

Anyways I love the game. The art is nice and the story is extremely interesting. If i notice any other issues i will share.
BTW I cant seem to find what to do with the oddish at then end is that because I am missing something or is that unresolved at this point in time?
drizzt267
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 pm

drizzt267 Wrote:Love the game hope you guys are still working on it

Yes, we are still working on the game.

drizzt267 Wrote:Here are a few things that might need to be looked into for the next version

While I was leveling everyone at the current end point I ran into the following issues
Nidorina's Poison sting does not poison. I have used in at least 30 times on Val's Eevee and she has never been poisoned . After further looking into this Nidorina is a Normal pokemon instead of grass like Nidorino and Nidoran f/m

Thanks for pointing that out, I doubt we will have said issue with the new engine for we are having to put in each move and how it works are self instead of the limited moves we had with Humbird0's engine. As for why some pokemon had types not be what they actually where, I have no clue why Humbird0 placed them as such, we are going to have the actual pokemon types for are morphs in the new engine.

drizzt267 Wrote:Some trainers you can challenge again. others you cant. trainers you can challenge again range from 2 to about 12 battles. Find that off. Val is only trainer i have challeneged over 15 times. I am using him to slowly get all my pokemon to level 11.

I actual never even thought about that for I have never gone back to fight other people, I do believe that we actual wont have repeatable trainer battles expect for rare occasions like Val's in game character at the end of the last version or the Samurai at the end of the Viridian forest whom was also just a wall at that point for we didn't have stuff past him.

drizzt267 Wrote:When pokemon evolve their skills change. Is there anyway you could program in a stop evolution command? Or possinly an item that when held stops it and then evolution is only triggered at 1 level so after you pass that level you can move item to a new pokemon?

The code for the Humbird0's engine could not really five the person even time to stop evolutions for some reason they would just evolve in the middle of battle. With the new engine they should evolve like normal after battles. And considering you brought up the held items, Everstones which prevent evolutions in the game and should be in.
Notice that I keep saying Humbird0 engine issues, that because we couldn't really change the engines' code, we could not fix, in till now with are new engine that has been quite a process to build fully and is not finished yet.

drizzt267 Wrote:Anyways I love the game. The art is nice and the story is extremely interesting. If i notice any other issues i will share.
BTW I cant seem to find what to do with the oddish at then end is that because I am missing something or is that unresolved at this point in time?

Kinda a bad cliff hanger for we got lot people confused about it, but that is the end of that "chapter" that leads into more content that we had not add the resources to put in when we released the last version. We will of course have that entire event ready to go when we catch back up to that area with the new engine.
Dead2112man

Postby drizzt267 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Omg. thanks for the fast reply.

Another issue I ran into today. I was running around and letting wild pokemon KO my pokemon to level so I could get exp on higher level pokemon. When I was doing this I hit a game breaking glitch.
If you have a pokemon faint from poison damage you can then send that pokemon out again and it will instantly faint. I found this out cause I accidently scrolled 1 past my Nidorina I meant to summon and summoned my just poison tainted butterfree while fighting an oddish (click oddish's mouth for the poison effect)

Wanting to see how abusable this was I have discovered the following
You can raise enemy wild pokemon to 20
You cant tame any pokemon you got to evolve even if it is max horny. I have not tried this on pokemon I already that could be found earlier in game just know any pokemon that evolves at lvl 12+ is not tameable in the evolved form. I have not tried to catch a pokemon like weedle I evolved into a kakuna in a wild battle. I have not tried this cause I avoid pokemon that can poison me with a lucky attack while at max horny while i am leveling them up to 19.

So using Spearow or Jigglypuff you can get to level 20 easily just carching one 2 levels higher than your last one every few battles. Then you use the battles that are not those two to level yourself so you can survive the higher damage output of the high level pokemon you are making.

So this actually brought up something i had never had issues with cause of low level enemies. potions are kinda useless after you hit level 10 or so. maybe having a % hp restored instead of a flat amount.
drizzt267
Newly Registered

Postby NCFancypants » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:for some reason they would just evolve in the middle of battle.

It's actually canon in the anime that a pokemon can evolve in battle. It's happened on many occasions. On the other hand, in the games it doesn't happen. Games came first, so they should get priority for mechanics, but I think evolution in battle would make sense. why would a pokemon have to wait 'till AFTER battle? Does it's biology force it to? Does it willingly hold off evolution for some reason? Basically, what I mean is I think in-battle evolution is a good idea, but it would be a bit awkward to make work.
NCFancypants

Postby drizzt267 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 am

NCFancypants Wrote:
Dead2112man Wrote:for some reason they would just evolve in the middle of battle.

It's actually canon in the anime that a pokemon can evolve in battle. It's happened on many occasions. On the other hand, in the games it doesn't happen. Games came first, so they should get priority for mechanics, but I think evolution in battle would make sense. why would a pokemon have to wait 'till AFTER battle? Does it's biology force it to? Does it willingly hold off evolution for some reason? Basically, what I mean is I think in-battle evolution is a good idea, but it would be a bit awkward to make work.

Well in the games they would evolve in the middle of a trainer battle like here right?

like if your beat pokemon 1 your pokemon would evolve before pokemon 2. Looking at it that way it makes sense a wild pokemon evolves if it beats your pokemon and gains a level. so truthfully the evolving thing makes sense and it was not something that i found to be a huge problem. After playing around i realized that i could tame an evolved form if it was in pokedax as caught. So the game wants you to evolve the pokemon by hand and not tame with fanart. you can always use a pokeball but for some reason i had 25ish and now i have 0 and all stores are sold out. It would just be nice that you could stop them if your wanted. I mean with the fact that all pokemon practically the same damage and the same hp there is nothing that stopping the evolution would do stat wise. It just lets you keep a pokemon you prefer to see visually.
drizzt267
Newly Registered

Postby Wolves99 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:06 am

Just wondering but how much longer does the team have till the next update?
Wolves99

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Still to be determined, I'm sorry to say. Progress has been painfully slow.
Dapper Gent

Postby Wolves99 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 am

Dam just the coding part or because of life problems as well?
Wolves99

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects