Battle Network: Cheat Codes

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Battle Network: Cheat Codes

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 am

Disclaimer: THIS RP will be active. Anyone who takes more than a week an a half to make their post will be skipped. Anyone skipped three times will be dropped. If a problem arises and someone won't be able to make the deadline, let me know in advance.

Setting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

In the year 200X, rapid advance in technology has created the Network Age, in which everyone now carries a PET(Personal Terminal), an advanced device which is used as identification, stores data, makes phone calls, writes emails, keeps one connected to the internet at all times, holds one's money, and contains a Digital Assistant known as a Net Navi. The Net Navi(Network Navigator) is an artificial intelligence which is used for traveling through digital spaces, which all electronic objects have, and travel the internet. These Net Navis are also used for battle against other digital lifeforms when needed, or for Net Battles in general.

The players are either students or teachers who attend AC/DC College(They can have jobs outside of this, obviously).

Explaination:

This RP takes place in the Battle Network universe. As explained above, every player will be an Operator, Net Navi, or both. Before deciding that you're one or the other, either have a one of each ready, or make sure another player is willing to partner with you. A player can choose to be a Rogue Net Navi, however they'd only operate in the cyber world(In the absence of Digital Fields), and would have limited access to Battle Chips.

The Operator will be responsible for real life threats, transferring Battle Chips to their Net Navi, and using manual real life influences to adjust the Network for their Navi when they need help. Note: Just because this series is best known for ONLINE battles, that DOES NOT mean you're safe, and won't have to fight as an Operator. Operators are also responsible for changing a Navi's customizer parts, handling money, and upgrading their PET. When an Operator has their HP reduced to 0, they become incapacitated, and can be raped by enemies.

Net Navis are responsible for fighting off Viruses and other Navis, as well as deciding how they use the Battle Chips that are sent to them by their Operator. When a Navi's HP is reduced to 0, they become incapacitated and can be raped.

Unlike most other RPs, I have maps for this RP. While areas will still be described the best I can, I'll have available said maps for the areas a player travels through. This will make it easier to describe where your character is heading to.

Battle Chips can be purchased from the shop, won off of opponents if they wager them, and have a chance of being earned from defeated Viruses and Navis. Battle Chips are broken down into different levels, to determine what can and can't be used. At first, only lower ranked chips can be used, but PET upgrades will allow the use of higher rarity chips. The player is also allowed a specific number of total chips in a folder, starting at 10, and increasing as they upgrade their folder. Chip Rarity is as follows:

Common
Uncommon
Rare

There are also different kinds of Special Chips, the player is allowed a specific number of each of these, and the rarity is as follows:

Super
Mega
Giga

At the start of the RP, the player is allowed one Super, one Mega, and one Giga. Upgrading a player's PET will allow more.

Navi Customizer Parts will each have a value, while Navis will have a Capacity which is used to determine how many parts can be equipped. These parts can be bought from shops.

PET Upgrades are used to adjust the function of your PET to make it more effective, and these can also be bought from shops.

Credits will be earned by beating other players in Net Battles, killing viruses, completing missions, committing acts of terrorism or general criminal acts which would turn a profit, stopping criminals, winning tourneys, selling enemies into slavery, etc.

CONSENSUAL SEX COMES FROM USING YOUR CHARISMA STAT, STOP FUCKING IGNORING IT.

When a player encounters an enemy, a battle will begin, which will use the mechanics below.

Mechanics:

Combat System:
https://www.wizards.com/d20modern/d20mdice/dice.htm

Melee+bow weapons
1. attacker: (dex+(possible modifiers influencing hit chance)+1d20 diceroll)= attack
2. defender: (1d20+speed+possible modifiers influencing hit chance)= defense
3a. if attack higher than defense, determine damage: (weapon dicerolls+strength)=damage
3b. if attack crits, double damage: ((weapon dicerolls+strength)*2)=damage
3c. if attack misses, sucks to be you.
4. (damage-toughness)= damage taken (subtract from hp)

Guns
1. attacker: (dex+(possible modifiers influencing hit chance)+1d20 diceroll)= attack
2. defender: (1d20 speed+possible modifiers influencing hit chance)= defense
3a. if attack higher than defense, determine damage: (weapon dicerolls)=damage
3b. if attack crits, double damage: (weapon dicerolls*2)=damage
4. (damage+dex-toughness)=damage taken(subtract from hp)

Abilities
1. attacker: (ment+(possible modifiers influencing hit chance)+1d20 diceroll)= attack
2. defender: (ment+speed+possible modifiers influencing hit chance)= defense
3a. if attack higher than defense, determine damage: (ability dicerolls)=damage
3b. if attack crits, double damage: (ability dicerolls*2)=damage
4. Abilities ignore toughness

Charisma
1: Initiator (Charisma(Possible modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Initiation
2: Target (Charisma(Possible Modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Resolve
3: If Initiator roll is higher than Resolve roll, initiator is successful.If Resolve wins, Charisma check failed. (Charisma can be used to bribe an NPC out of an item, get favors from NPCs, or to bribe a monster out of a battle. Sex/Sexual acts can be used as a form of bribe. Charisma is how another character is convinced to have sex with yours. I'm mentioning this because everyone in every RP seems to ignore Charisma.)

Detection
1: Initiator (Mentality+(Possible modifiers influencing detection check)1d20 Diceroll)=Detection
2: Target (Dexterity(Possible Modifiers influencing hide check)1d20 Diceroll)=Stealth
3: If Detection roll is higher than Stealth roll, initiator is successful and Stealthed target is now fully visible. If Stealth wins, Detection check failed.

Status
1: Initiator (Mentality+(Possible modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Application
2: Target (Dexterity(Possible Modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Resistance
3: If Detection roll is higher than Stealth roll, initiator is successful and Stealthed target is now fully visible. If Stealth wins, Detection check failed.

Distance:
0.Engaged(Melee)
1.Short
2.Medium
3.Long

Elements:
Electric>Water>Heat>Wood
Light><Dark
Break>Sword>Invis
Wind
Null

Statuses:
Burn: Reduce Strength and Toughness by 50% and inflict full weapon dice damage over the course of 3 turns.(For example, if weapon dice is 4, the first two turns would be 1 damage, and last would be 2.)
Poison: Inflict 1 damage every turn until poison is cured or battle ends.
Paralysis: 50% chance to be unable to move or attack.
Stun: Next turn is skipped.
Root: Unable to change distance until status is removed.
Rend: Roll a 1d6 to decide which limb was rended, then target loses 1HP per turn and loses either 50% speed or 50% Strength based on whether it was an arm or leg.
Bug: Chips and main weapon are randomized when used and may take damage each turn.
Chill: Reduce speed by 50%
Corruption: ???

Experience required to level up: x^3+9

Experience received: Sum of enemy’s stats

Operator Sheet

User:
Character Name:
Appearance:
Describe PET's Appearance:
Good at:
Bad at:
Backstory:
Navi:

Stats:

HP: 10
MP: 10

Speed: 1
Dexterity: 1
Strength: 1
Mentality: 1
Charisma: 1
Toughness: 1

Available stat points: 10

Desired Abilities(List three, with name and desired effect, as well as how this ability achieves that desired effect):

Starting Credits(Roll a 1d6, then add the result x20 to your starting Credits): 500Ξ
Select from the list below for starting Battlechips, then list them here(Pick 9, only up to 3 of the same Chip can be used, 10th Chip is your own Navi Chip):

Navi Sheet

User:
Character Name:
Appearance:
Element(Select from element list, or Null):
Good at:
Bad at:
Backstory:
Operator:
Weapon:

Stats:

HP: 15
MP: 15

Speed: 5
Dexterity: 5
Strength: 5
Mentality: 5
Charisma: 5
Toughness: 5

Customizer Capacity: 5

Passive Ability(Describe how this Navi achieves this effect continually):
Desired Abilities(List three, with name and desired effect, as well as how this ability achieves that desired effect):

Available Starting Battle Chips:

Cannon/1d4/Medium
Shotgun/1d4/Short/Punch Through
Minibomb/1d6/Short
Sword/1d6/Engaged/25%Rend
Punch/1d4/Engaged/Stun
MetGuard/Block Next attack and reflect Weapon Dice
Recovery 10/Regain 10HP
Invisibility/Become Stealthed
Barrier/Gain a 5HP Shield
Airshot/Short/1d2/Knock target back one distance
Vulcan/1d2/Short/10%Rend/Can fire three times
North Wind/Remove all defensive effects
Tornado/1d2/Short/Can fire three times/Last shot knocks back
Lock-On/1d4/Short/Detect a target enemy and attack them regardless of distance
BusterUp/Increase Primary Weapon damage by +1
MagCoil/Move target 1 distance closer
Attack+d1/Increase Weapon Dice of next Battle Chip by d1

Customizer Parts:

HP+5/1
Super Armor/Can't be knocked back or stunned/3
UnderShot/If HP would be reduced to 0, it isn't(Once per battle)/1
Air Shoes/Fly/3
MP+5/1
Re-use Chip/Adds +1 use to each chip/3
Toughness+1/1
Speed+1/1
Strength+1/1
Dexterity+1/1
Mentality+1/1
NinjaStrike1/+1 damage dice after calculation against enemies afflicted with a status
WaterBody/Change element to Water/2
OilBody/Change Element to Fire/2
ThunderBody/Change Element to Electric/2
TreeBody/Change Element to Wood/2

Elemental Advantages and Disadvantages

Invisible Element allows the Navi a passive ability to Stealth at will, at the cost of 2MP(Takes +25% damage from Sword attacks)
Sword Element grants the Navi the passive ability to move +1 Distance at the cost of 2MP(Takes +25% damage from Break attacks.)
Break element grants the Navi Super Armor and allows them to break obstacles with their primary weapon.(Loses 50% Dexterity when fighting an Invis Element enemy)
Dark Element allows a Navi the passive ability to spend 2MP to re-use a non-super, mega, or giga chip that has already been used.(Takes +25% damage from Light)
Light Element allows a Navi to recover 50% HP at the cost of 5MP(Takes +25% damage from Dark)
Water element allows the Navi to punch through with their primary weapon, and they cannot be chilled.(Takes +25% damage from Electric)
Fire element allows the user to afflict the target with burn status with their primary weapon and cannot be burned.(Takes 25% additional damage from water)
Electric element allows the Navi to afflict targets with paralysis with their Primary Weapon, and cannot be paralyzed.(Takes 25% additional damage from Wood attacks)
Wood element allows the Navi to regain 1HP per turn when standing on grass panels, and causes their primary weapon to knock targets back at the cost of 2MP.(Takes 25% additional damage from fire)
Null has no strengths or weaknesses, but has a passive +1 Customizer capacity and can re-roll loot dice once per victory.
Wind can spend 3MP to take flight for three turns, preventing status-effected panels from affecting them, and allowing them to fly over obstacles.

https://discord.gg/ZgQHcBe
Here's the Discord link, and expect edits to this OOC thread if I notice that there are errors or I missed something.
Last edited by RandomRoninKitten on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Re: Battle Network: Cheat Codesw

Postby The Third Triumverate » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 am

This looks

L

I

T

I'll make a CS sheet tomorrow for an op and navi. You planning on a limit for rp'ers?

Also, I realize people ignore charisma. But if I'm only here for non-consensual stuff, do I have much of a reason to invest in charisma? It may help convince NPC's occasionally, but if my character will be a prude who won't have sex consensually, is that reason enough to set charisma to only one or two?

Is corruption only applicable to Navis or for both Operators and Navis?

One more thing: you ask for the PET appearance in the operator sheet. I was under the impression that the PET and Navi were basically the same thing. Are you saying that the navi is a digitalized person and the PET a physical thing the operator carries around with them? If so, do we have restrictions on what the PET looks like?

Again, awesome idea, all for it, all for the "ACTIVE" part as well.
The Third Triumverate

Re: Battle Network: Cheat Codesw

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:27 am

The Third Triumverate Wrote:This looks

L

I

T

I'll make a CS sheet tomorrow for an op and navi. You planning on a limit for rp'ers?

Also, I realize people ignore charisma. But if I'm only here for non-consensual stuff, do I have much of a reason to invest in charisma? It may help convince NPC's occasionally, but if my character will be a prude who won't have sex consensually, is that reason enough to set charisma to only one or two?

Is corruption only applicable to Navis or for both Operators and Navis?

One more thing: you ask for the PET appearance in the operator sheet. I was under the impression that the PET and Navi were basically the same thing. Are you saying that the navi is a digitalized person and the PET a physical thing the operator carries around with them? If so, do we have restrictions on what the PET looks like?

Again, awesome idea, all for it, all for the "ACTIVE" part as well.

I wasn't really directing that towards people who prefer or are only interested in rape, I was directing it towards the clowns that were complaining that there wasn't enough consensual sex in one of my other RPs. People always ignore the Charisma stat, then wonder why there's no consensual sex.

MOST statuses are applicable to both Operator and Navi, but Corruption specifically is a status which comes from corrupted battle chips, or "Dark Chips". I'm considering making a list of statuses that apply to Operators and one that applies to Net Navis.

The PET is the physical terminal which houses your Net Navi in it, your Net Navi is the digital artificial intelligence therein which is sent into the digital spaces on your Operator's behalf. PETs are basically the Cell Phone/Digivice your Operator carries around with them everywhere.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

RandomRoninKitten

Re: Battle Network: Cheat Codes

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am

User: MiscChaos
Character Name: Lina Hayes

Appearance:

Also has a band that allows her to wear it around her arm.

Likes: Money, Playing others, Control, Fights, Her siblings
Dislikes: Goody two-shoes, Losing, Loss of money not caused by her, Boredom
Good at: Bending others to her will, beating the fight out of someone, Taking care of children
Bad at: Dealing with boredom, resisting the urge to break others

Backstory:

The Hayes family was one eternally in debt. If her parents somehow paid off one debt, they very quickly picked up another one in their desire to live a lavish lifestyle far out of their means. Lina grew up as the oldest child out of six as her parents used their children to get more money from government assistance. Seeing what this lifestyle did to her folks, she tried her hardest to raise her 3 sisters and 2 brothers to avoid it since her parents sure as hell weren’t raising them. Given how things have turned out, she’s pretty sure she succeeded given that none of them have ended up like her parents and quite a few of them are happily married with spouses that passed Lina's harsh expectations. She still has a 18 year old sister that she takes care of in her home who just graduated high school and a 21 year old brother that she is helping through college.

As for Lina herself, her upbringing had two major lessons to her: The first is the value of money and how to get and keep it from a very young age. The second is that, after her parents were taken apart and their organs sold to recoup their debts to the wrong people, money is worth more than human life. She supposes a third is how to keep your money away from others since her parents tried to take her money when they learned she was making it, but well, the gang had to find them somehow. Why not let them pay her instead of some other schmuck? She already managed their finance books and looked to them to help protect her siblings, so why not get a bonus out of it she figured. And so at the age of 16, that was the first time she sold someone for her own gain. It was not the last.

Seeing what extravagance did to her parents she lives frugally and doesn’t actually need much, but the desire to have enough to never worry about it still lingers in her mind. So when picking a profession, she decided on one that can both grant her steady pay and time that she can use to pursue “extracurricular” activities. Of the legal options, she settled on being an Economics Teacher. She was picked up by AC/DC College to teach Economics there and she didn’t object since there weren’t any embezzlement scandals or shadow powers that her connections could find. And if a student occasionally went missing… well, the ones that do usually were from a bad neighborhood or were known partiers. No surprise if they disappeared, right?

Navi: U.P.

Stats:

Speed: 2
Dexterity: 2
Strength: 3
Mentality: 2
Charisma: 4
Toughness: 3

Desired Abilities:

Voluntary Glitch- By forcibly causing a glitch in the matrix that controls counting Battle Chip usage, Lina is able to trick the system into believing the last Battle Chip used was not used.

Root Access- Through suddenly allowing her Battle Chip matrix root access, she can use a Battle Chip not in the main folder.

Demand Your Supply- Lina has set up an algorithm that drains someone else’s bank account after her PET registers a win for her. Because of this, she earns more Credits.

Starting Credits: 1700Ξ

Battle Chips:

• Barrier x2
  • North Wind
  • Cannon x2
  • Recovery 10
  • Lock On x2
  • Sword
  • Navi Chip
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:10 am

User: Littlemankitten
Character Name: U.P. (Unholy providence)
Appearance: (Ignore the imp fairy thing)

Element(Select from element list, or Null): Dark
Likes: Making others suffer, Combat, being the most powerful, The occult, Ç̷͢͝͠o͟͝͞҉r̴͢͟r̶̷̢u̴̕҉p͢͡t̴͘͠͡͝i̧͏̡n̴̢̡̢̨g̴̵͏̶̀ ̕͝ Fluffy things
Dislikes: Losing, Religious icons, P̴͢͏u̸̷̸͟͡r҉̢͠ȩ̕͝ Humans, Betrayers.
Good at: Dominating others, Using darkness to her advantage, taking good care of fluffy things.
Bad at: Empathy, dealing with loss, being patient.
Backstory: U.P. used to be a Navi known as Seeker. A Navi obsessed with learning about everything they could, a seeker of knowledge. They had discovered a rumor about a place in digital space that held untold treasure, but was guarded by an extremely powerful entity. They were warned repeatedly not to go there, but did not take heed. They reached the place, which turned out to be extremely difficult to get to, and had to pass many locks, barriers, firewalls, and other such defenses. What could possibly need to be guarded so heavily? They soon found the answer. What they found was indeed the single greatest thing they have ever seen, but guarding it was Ţ̵́h̡҉҉è̛͜ ̢͟͢͠b̸̢̧͜͠l̸̢̕͠à̷͘͞c̴͠͏̷̡k̨̡e̢̧͝͡s͝t̨͝͏̴ ҉̧͝ą̛͡b͏͡y̕͠҉̷s͏͟s̸̛ ̢̕͞ A virus unlike any other, something that resisted all forms of attack as it came for Seeker. Seeker was C̶̢̕҉l͏̴̴̢͡e͜͢͏á̀ǹ̡s̷̨̢̀͝e͏̡̛̀͠d̶̶͟͜͡ ̴͡ corrupted and became U.P. UP then traveled digital space in her new found body, taking the original form of Seeker and corrupted it. For a while, she was a rouge Navi, fighting off other viruses that wanted to claim her. However, she was eventually found and taken by an operator, much to her dismay. She found herself subservient to their will. She will Ḑ͝ǫ͢m̶̢͟͞i̷̷͡n̴̛͠a̛͢t̶̸̡̛͢e̷͜ ̡͘ą́n̕͜͜d̶̢́͟͠ ̵͟͜c҉̷̨ò̷̵̢r̕͟͢r͢͟u̵̢͡p̶͜t͏̡͜ ҉̵̛͜t̶͘͡h̸̡̀í̸͡͝s͏ ̛͜p̵̧͢e̴҉̨̛r̕s̷͜ǫ̴͝n̵̡͠ ̨̧t̨̢͠o҉͏ ̵̛h̷̷̨́́ę̴̡͢͝r͢͞ ̧̕͏҉ẃ͜͝i̴͏̛͡l҉̵͘l̢͟,̸́̕ ̶̨̕͞͡ş̢̛h̸̴͝ò̵̀͘͝ẁ̶͏̀i͝n̕͘ģ̴͘͜ ͏̸̕͜ţ̵̨͢h̨͡e̸͢͠m̸̨͜ ̴̛͏͟t̨̕h͏̶̧́̕e͞͠ ͟ǵ̵̶l̴̡̨͢͞ǫ̷̵̴ŕ̸͝͝y̸̡ ҉̸̸̛ò̴̢̡f̨͏ ͏̴̡̡͘t̨̢h̸̛́e̕͞҉ ̸̧́a͜b̡͞y̷͜͠͠s̵̕s̶̨̀.̢͏̵͞͠ ̵̷ Fol͠l̶oẃ their͞ c̀o͢m̷man̸d̴ ̷and ͘love̷ t̀h͢e͡m͘.
Operator: Lina Hayes
Weapon: Eldritch tentacles.

Stats:

HP: 20

Speed: 7
Dexterity: 6
Strength: 7
Mentality: 8
Charisma: 5
Toughness: 7

Available stat points: 0

Customizer Capacity:
Super armor
Undershot
HP +5

Thanks to U.P. being a S̴҉u̸̧͡͝p̵̡̛̕r͏̨̨͟ȩ̴̛͜͞m̀e͜͞ virus, she has a permanent urge to rape and corrupt those she defeats, including other viruses. To accomplish this she is able to summon tentacles out of her shadow at will, which can fight for her. (Summons tentacles and afflicts corruption when having sex with someone)

Ability 1: U.P. ejects a black mass onto the ground near her oppenent, this mass spawns tentacles which holds her oppenent in place. (Meant to Inflict Bind and be used for lewds)

Ability 2: U.P. Shoots a small tentacle into her opponent, this tentacles goes inside its target and spreads throughout its body, corrupting it. (Meant to inflict posion and do a tiny amount of damage possibly.)

Ability 3: U.P. summons a black, tar like substance that attaches to any surfaces and spreads over a small area, which causes it to be poisonous to things that aren't U.P. (Meant to corrupt a panel)
Last edited by Littlemankitten on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby CondorBoH » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 am

I'd love to make a Net-Navi, though don't want to juggle my own operator. Anyone willing to partner up?
CondorBoH

Postby mrblah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:50 am

i'm willing, as soon as i get my sheet up. which should either be tonight or tomorrow morning.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby CondorBoH » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:33 am

Cool. I'll wait on you then, just to be safe.
And no offence I really am looking forward to getting digitally tentacled by UP.
CondorBoH

Postby mrblah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:10 pm

User: mrblah
Character Name: Shobu
Appearance:

Likes: Sweets, bunnies, computers, gambling, Haru, Net Battles
Dislikes: Spicy foods, limitations, effort, any physical exertion, Haru when she's forcing her to do things
Good at: Gambling, Net Battles, computers
Bad at: Anything related to putting in effort, athletics, taking care of herself

Backstory: Shobu is a student at AC/DC college... though she shouldn't be. She's the type of person who's incredibly lazy and only does the barest amount of work to pass, since most things just don't seem interesting to her. Feeling concerned or caring for something was something she wasn't known to do, and not even her overbearing sister who pushed her to go to college in the first place could change that. This wonderful sister of hers was Haru, and without her, Shobu would probably either be homeless or living a nice, carefree life in someone's apartment while selling her body to pay them for it. The lengths she'd go to for her comforts and relaxation surprises everyone.

Yet despite how lazy and unwilling to work Shobu is however, her one talent is that she has a knack for computers, something her sister focused on with the intention of making it flourish. Ever since she was younger, she'd spend many nights tinkering with her PET, breaking her PET, and repeating it after Haru bought her a new PET, but on her 16th birthday, she was given an even better gift she hadn't yet known how much she'd value. A NetNavi by the name of Philo. Their relationship started off rocky, since Philo was meant to help break Shobu out of her lazy behavior, but it wasn't long before their relationship grew to be a little closer thanks to Shobu's sudden interest in a new hobby.

Net Battling. She knew a friend who got her into it after they briefly bonded over computer stuff. The two had met in Shobu's high school years, and ever since the budding hacker had been treated to the view of a few Net Battles, she had for the first time in her life, felt interest in learning something new. Her early days of Net Battling were rough. She wasn't entirely sure of what she was doing or what Navi to use... which was exactly where Philo came in. They were quick to form a good team, and Shobu was eventually playing at a high level thanks to her Navi's help. But at this stage, it had quickly gotten boring for her. Whether she won or lost... it just wasn't enough. Shobu needed more... and just that method found her, as if it were a stroke of fate. It started with a small wager between her and a rival. She won... almost lost... and well, the rest is history.

Gambling with her fellow students, gambling at late night crime spots. Gambling, gambling, gambling. It seemed Shobu finally found her calling. There was an added level of risk when you play for high stakes, and play she did. Shobu made a name for herself for being a crazy and/or stupid and experienced gambler (who was probably cheating in some games BUT THEY NEVER CAUGHT HER), and her habit of playing for high stakes continued under her sister's nose well into college.

And so, that leads up to today, in the life of Shobu the lazy gambler. Just another day where she obviously intends to either bet and win a lot of money, or bet and lose a lot of money. She knew it'd be fun either way.

Navi: Philo

Stats

Speed: 2
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 1
Mentality: 3
Charisma: 4
Toughness: 1

Available stat points: 0

Desired Abilities: Overclocking - Shobu tampers with her Battle Chips to get the most out of it. The next Battle Chip used will be more effective, whether it deals damage or is for support.
Backup - Shobu's hacked PET allows her to reload a just used Battle Chip one time. Reroll the last Battle Chip's attack dice.
iloveyou - Naturally, Shobu's adept at hacking other PETS in real-time by sending malware through their network's backdoor. It also leaves a cute laughing bunny icon on their screen while it's in effect. Force the enemy to randomly use a Battle Chip every turn, for 3 turns.

Starting Credits: 580Ξ

Battlechips: Minibomb x2
MetGuard
Recovery x3
Vulcan
Invisibility
Attack+d1
Navi Chip
Last edited by mrblah on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby CondorBoH » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 am

User: CondorBoH
Character Name: Philo
Appearance: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3222774 Image
Element(Select from element list, or Null): Electricity
Likes: Net Battles, Winning, Flying, Bunnies (It rubbed off on her), Effort, Confidence
Dislikes: Losing (Duh), Paralysis, Doing nothing, Negative moods.
Good at: Acrobatics displays, showing off, exercise tips, dancing
Bad at: Sitting still, accepting losses, remembering what elements beat others, judging others
Backstory: Philo was originally installed by Haru, Shobu's Older sister, to inspire her to get active and exercise. Being, essentially, a fitness-based Navi, the two had a rocky relationship at first. Things changed when Philo was brought in over more generic Navis to be used in combat. Her competitive nature, combined with her operator's growing gambling addiction, transformed them into a strong team. While she never fell into being as lazy as Shobu, it proved to be somewhat infectious and she forgot her original purpose in favour of winning as many battles as she could for as much money as possible. The more money that her operator got, the more upgrades and chips she could get a hold of and play with.

Naturally, the desire to win doesn't mean she won all the time. Philo is a sore loser who, while fair at first, will resort to any dirty tricks if the going gets too tough for her to win traditionally. In a fight, Philo will start with being acrobatic and showing off as much as she can. But as soon as things go downhill, she'll switch to relying on Shobu's probably illegal techniques to get through.
Operator: Shobu
Weapon: Lance

Stats:

HP: 20

Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Strength: 7
Mentality: 5
Charisma: 7
Toughness: 6

Available stat points:

Customizer Capacity: 5
AirShoes/Fly/3
HP+5/1
NinjaStrike/1

StormWalk.EXE; Philo's flight electrifies the ground if she is hovering just above a panel. When she moves, the panels below her become electrified and have a chance to inflict Paralysis. The electrified panels can be removed by attacking the panel or by waiting one turn.

StormLance.EXE; Philo points her lance at her target and unleashes a bolt of lightning at the target. The bolt travels through struck targets, with the first hit taking full damage, the next taking half, and the third taking quarter. No longer pierces after that.
LightingGate.EXE; Philo plants two 'nodes' in the ground, causing a line of electricity to run between the two. Philo can pass through the line without taking damage, but it counts as a hazard for all others.
EyeOfTheStorm.EXE; Philo unleashes a burst of electricity around her, affecting enemies and allies both within nearby panels. This deals high damage, but Philo loses the benefits of AirShoes and is weakened for one round after its use. (Speed reduced?)
CondorBoH

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 am

I'll close sign-ups and start the RP in 10 days. I have spots for two-three more players, if anyone is still interested.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 pm

I'll have my character up soon. Just need to work out the details. Currently working on an Operator and Navi.

Edit: Here are my Duo

Operator
User: Mark3000
Character Name: Damien Sanders
Appearance: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1332386

The Outside Display has an 8-bit version of RikuRiku on it that Damien can interact with.

Dislikes: Hard Labour, Cheaters, Red Meat, Insects

Good at: Drawing, Video games, Running
Bad at: Dealing with liars/cheats, Saving Money, Fighting (In real life)

Backstory:
Damien comes from a long line of Mechanics. It was said that his great-great-great Grandfather opened the first auto shop in the country, or so the story goes. His father owns that auto shop and all his older brothers work there now. Damien was expected to work there as well. But his family soon discovered that he had no mechanical skill what so ever. While his father tried to be understanding, his brothers would tease him mercilessly. Unlike his older brothers, Damien was rather meek and soft spoken.

Once day, after a particular rough day Damien had the television to himself. While flipping through channels he eventually landed on the hit anime show “Princess of the Milky Way”. Hearing the Japanese theme song and watching the amazing animation lifted Damien from his stupor. He made watching the show his top priority. While he watched, he began to draw the characters. While his brothers continued to tease him, Damien’s mother took a particular interest. She was a trained painter and worked part time as a Graphics Designer. She provided Damien with all the tools he needed to practice his craft.

This is how Damien got his PET and his Navi, RikuRiku. The PET manufacture, Citrusware was having a contest to promote their new line of flip PETs. Contestants could send in Navi designs and the winner would get a free PET with their designed Navi. Damien spent a month getting the details just right for RikuRiku. By the time he was finished, he had over 50 rough sketches and 10 different submissions. But Damien’s work paid off and he soon received his new Citrusware PET and Navi.

Once the series was over, Damien continued to hunt down new series to watch. He eventually formed a small group of anime fans in high school. While looking up the artist who sang the opening for “Princess of the Milky Way”, he stumbled upon the Idol pair “Honey and Pepper”. This started his love affair with Idol culture. Soon his room was filled with Anime Posters, Figurines, Art Books and a Princess Milky Body Pillow, though he had to take care to hide his more ‘Lewd’ items.

After highschool, Damien left home to attend AC/DC College, applying to their Graphic Design Program. He is also a regular at the College’s Anime Club, bringing his vast collection and of course RikuRiku. When not at school, Damien works part time at a Hobby Store in the local mall.

Navi: RikuRiku

Stats:

Speed: 4
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 2
Mentality: 3
Charisma: 2
Toughness: 2

Desired Abilities:
Treasure Hunter: Damien has a large network of friends and anime fans both on and off line that he taps in to when he’s trying to find rare anime merchandise. He can also tap into this network to find rare and powerful battle chips and Customizer Parts

Customization: Damien likes to tinker with the visual design of RikuRiku’s Battle Chips so they mesh better with her overall look. Customizing a Chip takes time and credits, but doing so can endow chips with a random effect.

Artist’s Intuition: As an artist, Damien has an amazing eye for small details. (Gain the ability to Reroll failed Detection Rolls)

Starting Credits: 1700Ξ

Starting Battlechips

Cannon/1d4/Medium x 2
BusterUp/Increase Primary Weapon damage by +1
Tornado/1d2/Short/Can fire three times/Last shot knocks back
MetGuard/Block Next attack and reflect Weapon Dice
Airshot/Short/1d2/Knock target back one distance x2
Punch/1d4/Engaged/Stun
Recovery 10/Regain 10HP
Navi Chip

Navi
User: Mark3000
Character Name: RikuRiku,
Appearance: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1397007

Ignore the small bat wings, she still has the angel wings
Element: Light

Dislikes: Competition, Being ignored, Viruses, Muscle heads

Good at: Singing, Dancing, Performing, Seduction
Bad at: Sitting Still, Humility, Teamwork

Backstory:
RikuRiku was created by Citrusware as part of a design contest for their new line of flip PETs. When Damien designed her, he wanted to make his very own virtual idol. At first RikuRiku would just perform on the PET for Damien. From time to time, Damien would draw up new costume for RikuRiku and program them into his PET. It wasn’t long before she and Damien started to host shows on the net. She gained a small following and even became the mascot of his anime club. RikuRiku’s performances also served as a form of virus busting. Her dancing and singing are based on Damien’s large collection of Idol songs and videos saved on his PET. Though they’ve also been influenced by the large collection of porn Damien keeps on there as well. While her net shows are still rather tame, she saves the more adult performances for Damien.

RikuRiku is always doing whatever she can to keep the eyes of her Operator on her. When Damien took an interest in Net Battles, so did she. Not just for Damien’s sake, but for the attention that comes from being a Net Battle Idol.

Operator: Damien
Weapon: Heart-Shaped Bow & Arrows

Stats:

HP: 15 (+5)
MP: 15 (+5)

Speed: 7
Dexterity: 7 (+1)
Strength: 5
Mentality: 7 (+1)
Charisma: 9
Toughness: 5

Customizer Capacity:
HP+5/1
UnderShot/If HP would be reduced to 0, it isn't(Once per battle)/1
MP+5/1
Mentality+1/1
Dexterity+1/1

Passive Ability: CentreStage.EXE
To RikuRiku, Net Battles and Musical Performances are one and the same. Through a media player in her programing, RikuRiku will always have one of her songs playing in the background and starts dancing. While dancing, RikuRiku gets a speed boost and has a chance to charm enemies at the start of battle. Charmed Enemies deal less damage to RikuRiku.

Desired Abilities
PassionArrow.EXE
RikuRiku endows one of her arrows with all of her love. The tip begins to glow and sets the enemy on fire when it hits.

RikuBeam.EXE
RikuRiku forms a heart with her hands. Saying her catchphrase ‘Riku-Riku-Rii!’, she shoots a heart-shaped beam of light straight ahead. (No special effect but it has a larger Critical Range [19-20])

Appeal.EXE
There is nothing RikuRiku loves more than an audience, she and Damien always make sure to stream their battles. During a Net Battle or while Virus Busting, RikuRiku will appeal to her fans and the audience for their support. The more love RikuRiku receives, the stronger she becomes.(Stat Boost or HP Recovery)
Last edited by Mark3000 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark3000

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 pm

We have 1-2 more spots for a Navi player and an Operator player, OR a player with a Navi and Operator. There are six more days remaining before Sign-Ups close and the RP begins.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Working on the IC post. We still have room for 1-2 more people if anyone else wants to join before the post is up.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Shutting down this RP on the grounds that it's impossible to coordinate and I've backed myself into a narrative and mechanical corner due to the inherent problem with attaching two players to each other, and separating them into what's basically two different areas. In other words, I made huge mistakes with the RP's opening arc that would make the boss battle take several hours and prevent me from reasonably splitting up the players. I also made massive errors when devising the mechanics, basically.

I'll probably revisit this idea, but for now, I'm ending the RP here so that I don't waste everyone's time.

RandomRoninKitten

Return to Out of Character