7/28
- Has it really been a year?
- Reworked puzzle to be a bit more complicated to get all girls
- 13 was the magic number so Elsa has been added
- Bonus corruption effects when the pure heart is captured
- Bonus corruption effects when more than half the girls have been turned
- Room unlock changed to 34%
- Added Dirty Thoughts, Suggestion, and Expose commands
- Masturbation, Fondle, and Penetration commands are locked if the other girl present is not >65% corrupt
- Suggestion requires a second girl to be there
- Dirty Thoughts, Suggestion, and Expose corruption can not exceed 28% corruption
-- However, they will increase corruption once the 28% barrier has been breached (ie by masturbation)
- Game extended to end on day 10 at 6:00 am
-- Endings not currently in game yet; will just return to titlescreen
- Added safeguard to prevent "lockout" nights; at least one door will always be unlocked
- Added progression and cum animation ("E") however you can still back out quickly to just gain corrpution ("X")
- Added plot and cutscenes
- Just so many changes, my gosh.
- Yes you can get all 13 girls in one game, go for it!

6/6
- Changed formula to randomly assign girls and rooms
-- Each game will be its own puzzle
- Added 8 day time limit to corrupt everyone
-- No real endings yet, Aqua just shows up and murders you
- Redid interface design
- Removed W/S movement as it really didn't serve a purpose
- Added dialogue framework for key changes
- OTHER STUFF ITS BEEN A FEW MONTHS, EH?

2/28
- Added basic animations and mechanics
- 12 girls will come to the mansion every 6 hours in the following order:
-- Elena, Jane, Merida, Rapunzel, Belle, Marian, Moana, Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Kida
- To possess a girl, walk up to her and hit 'E'
-- Rules of possessing:
--- If the girl is not alone, you will get kicked out automatically, unless:
---- if the possessed girl is already at least 50% corrupt, then you can force her to leave and go to her room
---- if the other girl is fully corrupt, then she will not interfere with you possessing the non-corrupt girl (will even lend a hand!)
--- If you possess a girl in her room, the "send to room" option instead becomes the penetration scene
--- Scenes unlock at the following levels of corruption:
---- 0% - 25% (Q) Masturbation
---- 25% - 50% (W) Non-Penetration
---- 50% - 75% (E) Send to room / Penetration
---- 100% (R) Assist corruption
- An hour will tick by after every action
-- you can click "e" by the clock to skip forward 3 hours
-- girls will change and cycle rooms every 6 hours
-- between 7pm and midnight the girls will all go to their individual rooms
--- rooms are locked unless you have the girl at least 50% corrupt (key will be lit on map/info screen "M")
- You can ignore the Aqua messages on the map menu, she isn't in the game yet
- Game will auto save when you enter a new room, uses cookies, won't work with Private Browsing, Cache Clearing etc etc etc
- Have fun, feedback any bugs plz
Last edited by GoRepeat on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Light's Darkness

Postby GottaLuvHentai » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 am

aahhhhhh, no enemies to lose to?!

Looks good though!
GottaLuvHentai
Newly Registered

Postby ShizakaZulu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 am

nice, I was wondering when there was gonna be a thread for your new project, cant wait to see where you go with it
ShizakaZulu
Newly Registered

Postby zferolie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 am

You never cease to amaze me Gorepete. That sprite is very well done, and the different types of attacks and movements make it really feel like a Kingdom hearts game. You really go all out in your stuff, and that is great

I assumed you stole the voice and music from an game rip?

Don't worry, I will not tell you to work on Sakyu. Work on what you want to work on man. Everyone here will love what you put out.
zferolie

Postby Guts » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:10 am

This looks like its going to be interesting.
Guts
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:25 am

Nice. This seems to progress nicely.

What do you think you'll add next?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Kuragari » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 am

omgworkonwhatyouwantlollulzdontworryboutothersandtheirscreechingroflmaowthhf

But seriously, this looks awesome. I look forward to seeing what else is added.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:31 am

I had said that I was sad to see the action-game-ness go out of Sakyubasu, so I'm certainly very happy to see it showing up here. I'm a pretty damned big fan of Kingdom Hearts in general too, (though I'm actually pretty ignorant of the lore, and I haven't actually played Birth By Sleep), so that adds even more to the appeal.

So far, I enjoy the responsiveness of the run controls, the promptness with which the player can resume moving after an attack is concluded, and the fact that spells can be chained into blocks with little to no lag time between the cast and the block.

The problems I've run into are

1) The buttons, apart from the run, jump, and guard buttons, appear to respond after they are RELEASED, AND NOT when they are pushed.

2) Pushing the attack or cast buttons ON THE WAY up or ON THE WAY down from a jump does nothing. It doesn't result in the attack coming out when the PC is in the process
of ascending or descending, or anything like that. It's just a wasted button input.

3) The Blocking doesn't last as long as the button is held down, it seems to have a set duration that can neither be canceled early nor prolonged if necessary.

4) The lag after the second hit of the 2-hit combo cannot be canceled into a block. The PC stands still for almost a second, waiting to get hit, even if the block button has
been held down since before the second swing's animation started.

5)The timing to cancel the first hit of the 2-hit combo into a block is a bit too finicky. If one hits the D button IMMEDIATELY after the A button, almost before the animation
has even started - or perhaps before the animation has even started - the lag after the first attack can sometimes be canceled into a block, which is great. The problem is that
if one hits and holds the D button at almost ANY time during the animation, and CERTAINLY at any time after the sword is halfway down its arc, there is almost a full second
of time in which the PC stands still, waiting to get whacked, before she decides to get up her block. It seems to me that she should be able to block as promptly as she is able
to resume running after her attack.

6) The button input "Direction + D" does not always result in a roll. After rolling once, there is a period of time in which the input "Direction + D" does not result in a Roll, even though the PC is very clearly running, and no longer either rolling or recovering from a roll.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby Thaedael » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 am

Oh Gorepete how you attract new users like moths to a flame. I approved a few posts in case they slipped past your notice. Frustrating you are working on this game instead of on metroid since ALL the fan-boys tend to harass me for updates on that project *shifty eyes*. That being said will be interesting to see how this develops. One of these days we should work together >.<.
Thaedael

Postby crazyfly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 am

Lol speaking of new users :D i've been lurking off and on fer years you do a really awesome job man!!!! And not sure if intentional since it is a demo and all, when you jump she tends to hover at the top few awhile before coming back down.
crazyfly

Postby cheesburgr » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 am

Hooray!
I will never post in the Corta's platformer topic.
cheesburgr
Newly Registered

Postby Surskit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am

Animation on aerial attack keeps reverting to standing position after the attack is completed.

Also if I hit both attack and magic at the top of a jump, I end up doing magic and then the forward slash immediately after.

Liking the Shot lock
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Postby Cryl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:28 am

Love it, very smooth. Never played Kingdom Hearts but I will definitely be playing this!
( . v . )
Cryl

Postby Mr D » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am

Looks great. The only avice I could give you right now is to make it so that the jump slows down at its peak, it would look more realistic.
Oh and btw will you be steming while working on this like you did with Dusty?
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby Gregdgreat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:05 am

Honestly gore you are really out doing yourself with all these games, cudos man!
Some call me crazy. Others, insane. But i believe that the world is insane and it's people are crazy. I guess that would make me... normal. How boring.
Gregdgreat

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:1) The buttons, apart from the run, jump, and guard buttons, appear to respond after they are RELEASED, AND NOT when they are pushed.

2) Pushing the attack or cast buttons ON THE WAY up or ON THE WAY down from a jump does nothing. It doesn't result in the attack coming out when the PC is in the process
of ascending or descending, or anything like that. It's just a wasted button input.

3) The Blocking doesn't last as long as the button is held down, it seems to have a set duration that can neither be canceled early nor prolonged if necessary.

4) The lag after the second hit of the 2-hit combo cannot be canceled into a block. The PC stands still for almost a second, waiting to get hit, even if the block button has
been held down since before the second swing's animation started.

5)The timing to cancel the first hit of the 2-hit combo into a block is a bit too finicky. If one hits the D button IMMEDIATELY after the A button, almost before the animation
has even started - or perhaps before the animation has even started - the lag after the first attack can sometimes be canceled into a block, which is great. The problem is that
if one hits and holds the D button at almost ANY time during the animation, and CERTAINLY at any time after the sword is halfway down its arc, there is almost a full second
of time in which the PC stands still, waiting to get whacked, before she decides to get up her block. It seems to me that she should be able to block as promptly as she is able
to resume running after her attack.

6) The button input "Direction + D" does not always result in a roll. After rolling once, there is a period of time in which the input "Direction + D" does not result in a Roll, even though the PC is very clearly running, and no longer either rolling or recovering from a roll.

Haha! Almost all of the things you mentioned were done on purpose. Here is the logic for each:

1) I made the commands on release and not on press in order to better initiate sequences of attacks - I want the player to have to repress the button to set off combos and the like instead of just hold it down and having stuff auto fire. Timing is very important in the game, so the player has to make sure they REALLY WANT to attack instead of block or fire a spell.

2) The game has "fake" jump mechanics. Basically you either do things at the top of the screen or the bottom. Being able to attack while jumping (or falling) would screw this up, so actions are purposefully restricted during those times. I could however, have the game queue up an attack or block for when you reach float height or land on the ground.

3) The blocking is a set duration that triggers when you release the button. This is to prevent people from just holding down block indefinitely or being able to control the block duration. Again, the game's challenge comes from timing. Because you are slightly vulnerable after a block or attack, you have to make sure you are timing it right so the attacks come in during the preset duration (this is how KH combat is)

4) Yep you are purposefully vulnerable to prevent block or attack spam. Right now the window is a bit to large though if its that noticeable. I can reduce/tweak the delay time between actions.

5) I think this is happening because you are holding block down before you are allowed to block (the game won't register it). You would have to time it, hit and release the block key. Also attack and block share the slight cooldown mentioned above. I will tweak the vulnerability window.

6) Same thing as block - this is done on purpose to prevent just cartwheel/invulnerability spam. The cartwheel mechanic has a cooldown on it that I will need to tweak.

Great comments!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby kronos » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 pm

omgworkonSakyuyousonofabitch

im kidding, i LOVE kingdom hearts, and i will look forward to any and all updates,

omgthankyouforakingdomheartsgamethatincludesaquaandnudity
this is private, not for your eyes
kronos

Postby Secretsense » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:42 pm

A Kingdom Hearts game...
Sweet mother of Disney i think i just creamed my panties !

Plays incredibly smooth, no lag or anything. This is without a doubt going to be my new favourite. Even if it just gets one scene !
Secretsense

Postby niffolaff » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:27 pm

I noticed that if you use thunder at the top of the screen, instead of falling back down, she'll just re-appear at the bottom of the screen.
niffolaff
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 pm

One extra thing: If you hit A to do ONE slash attack at the top of the jump, the sound for BOTH attacks plays.

Gorepete Wrote:3) The blocking is a set duration that triggers when you release the button. This is to prevent people from just holding down block indefinitely or being able to control the block duration. Again, the game's challenge comes from timing. Because you are slightly vulnerable after a block or attack, you have to make sure you are timing it right so the attacks come in during the preset duration (this is how KH combat is)

I think blocking was done infinitely better in 368 and 1/2 days (Or whatever the name of that game actually is. The Roxas one.)

It was still impossible to block indefinitely if your block wasn't getting hit by enemy attacks indefinitely, but the block stayed up as long as the enemy attack chain continued to hit it (I think, I haven't verified that point) and if the block wasn't hit by an enemy attack, it DEFINITELY stayed up only so long as the key was depressed. I think you could hold it for about 2 to 3 seconds before Roxas dropped his guard involuntarily, and you could certainly release the key and the block at any time.

The KH1 and 2 games ARE actual precedents for the more clunky block mechanics though, so if you choose to emulate them instead of 3XX and 1/2 days,I can't really hold it against you.

Gorepete Wrote:I want the player to have to repress the button to set off combos and the like instead of just hold it down and having stuff auto fire.

(emphasis added)

I'm quite fond of the fact that you can't just hold down the button and have the combos come out. Having to lift one's finger off the button to initiate the attack just feels a little odd, though. Nothing one can't get used to.

Am I right in guessing that there's some limit to flash programming or something, which makes it so that if you set an attack to occur when the button is pressed, the attack will keep happening if the button is held down?
I specify a limit to flash programming in particular, because in non-flash games that I've played, attacks invariably happen when the button is pressed down, but continuing to hold the button down doesn't invariably cause the character to continue attacking. It could cause a "charged attack" to start charging up, or something, but it could also not have any further effect beyond the first attack.

Gorepete Wrote:2) The game has "fake" jump mechanics. Basically you either do things at the top of the screen or the bottom. Being able to attack while jumping (or falling) would screw this up, so actions are purposefully restricted during those times. I could however, have the game queue up an attack or block for when you reach float height or land on the ground.

The solution you propose would probably solve the problem. I've got to admit, the idea of having 2 planes only - "top of screen", and "bottom of screen" - instead of a fluid jump feels pretty strange and stiff to me, but if that's how jumping is going to be handled, then so be it. I'm not the idea's biggest fan, but I also don't think that will stop the game from being great fun.

Gorepete Wrote:6) Same thing as block - this is done on purpose to prevent just cartwheel/invulnerability spam. The cartwheel mechanic has a cooldown on it that I will need to tweak.

How it's handled in some games at least is to have the roll's STARTUP lack invulnerability frames, but have them kick in VERY shortly after the roll begins. So then, even though a person can chain-roll with no problem, the person isn't necessarily invulnerable for an unbroken period of time.
I'm pretty certain you actually know all the KH roll mechanics better than I do, but I'm just mentioning this possible way of handling the situation, in case it can be of any assistance.

My main problem is really that it just feels un-intuitive to input the roll combination and see nothing happen, when there's no visual warning that you won't be able to roll, and thus no reason to suspect that you won't be able to roll at that time. Even if you DID adopt the "invincibility frames only start a very short time after the roll starts, but you can chain-roll to your heart's content" solution, you should still, I think, actually make the invincibility frames look noticeably different from the non-invincible ones, so that everyone playing the game has a fair visual way to know exactly what is going on.

Now, to end off with, I just want to agree with what someone said earlier in the thread:
Secretsense Wrote:Plays incredibly smooth, no lag or anything.

My machine is NOT top of the line, and it's about 5 years old. I experience a little bit of slowdown every now and again, with flash games ranging from "mario is missing" to some rooms of Dusty's castle. This game, though, runs fantastically smoothly, and if that is a result of programming skill on your part, I have to commend you on that and hope that it keeps up.

It might just be because of how few things are on-screen right now, and if that's the case, I'll just drop quality from max to low when it becomes necessary, as usual, but I don't get too much slowdown with Sakyubasu either, really.
All in all, Good Job, sir.
Lucky777

Next

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop