LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1c (updated June 23rd)

Postby Abelius » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 pm

v0.4 is being beta-tested by Bloodbounds. You can expect an official Warrior release in some days.
Abelius

Postby MobileGrunt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Awesome!
MobileGrunt

Postby Ryuzakku » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Asion Wrote:Ryuzakku:
There is nothing wrong with the current system.
It's just that there is no enough content at the moment.
To be more precise, there is good enough content, but not enough variety.
Think like this. If several of the scenes was were with other characters, than it was already not a grind, than you just go through the game.
It would be more easier if all the early content would be accessible with low requirement of the stats. But that would be bad for the game structure in the later parts of the game.
Al is calibrating the system with every update, and maybe the stat point requirement would change to if the game is more advanced and wider than now.

While this is true, until the content is fleshed out, it would make sense to lower the stat requirements a bit so the content is easier to access, especially if the creator wants to sell potential patrons on the game.

Assuming the coding isn't a mess, the values should be able to be easily changed on a per-update basis, and reverting it to the wanted levels would be easy as well once more content is in.
Ryuzakku
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Ryuzakku Wrote:
Asion Wrote:Ryuzakku:
There is nothing wrong with the current system.
It's just that there is no enough content at the moment.
To be more precise, there is good enough content, but not enough variety.
Think like this. If several of the scenes was were with other characters, than it was already not a grind, than you just go through the game.
It would be more easier if all the early content would be accessible with low requirement of the stats. But that would be bad for the game structure in the later parts of the game.
Al is calibrating the system with every update, and maybe the stat point requirement would change to if the game is more advanced and wider than now.

While this is true, until the content is fleshed out, it would make sense to lower the stat requirements a bit so the content is easier to access, especially if the creator wants to sell potential patrons on the game.

Assuming the coding isn't a mess, the values should be able to be easily changed on a per-update basis, and reverting it to the wanted levels would be easy as well once more content is in.

Lust gains for Level 3-4 events are already adjusted so you only need to repeat the second event in each tier once. I wouldn't say that's grindy, tbh.

What you probably don't like (as many others out there) is the need to repeat Eri's job again and again, even when Pot Guy's content is already completed. I feel you on that and I'll make sure of adding some kind of skip option for those.
Abelius

Postby Kattlarv » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am

Altkenis Wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with "Kattlarv" when it comes to the depiction of genitals.
A healthy female with good genes won't have a vag with parts that hang out, so I'd recommend you don't change them.

You do know that pretty much only toddlers have complete flat and featureless genitalia, yes? That is the sign of the genitalia not being fully developed.
That said: That would be human genitalia.
It's up to the desingers in the end. If I was in charge, I'd prolly have gone for more reptilian genitalia for the lizards, and more canine for Krystal. Maybe not full on, but at least some hybrid traits.

Either case, on that: I was just suggesting something less... "loli vag". Using a design barely 5 % of adult women have isn't really a good model to go after.
It entirely depends if they want to give them primarily human or hybrid genitalia. Regardless, there should be a bit more difference in there. If we could cut out the vagina mode, paste them in a line up. And have no-one able to tell the difference. Then that would be pretty telling xD But, we'll see how it goes. I would be dissapointed if they just copy pasted Krystal's model onto the antagonist. Especially with her supposedly being a "sex demon". Looking like a prepubescent child downstairs doesn't really impress in that regard. Imo, in her final model, I'd suggest that she has wider hips, bigger bust and larger junk than Krystal. Just accentuate the feminine traits.

Man, easy to trail off on late night rambles heh.
Anyhow, in regards to other comments: I can agree that it can feel a bit "grindy". But that probably will be solved in future patches.
After all: This is kinda why you do these tests xP Some people do just do like this though: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/631
But yeah, currently, the pot quest has a bit many cutscenes. Especially after the 247'th time. But, that is the "danger" with early access. You can get burnt out on a game, before it has all content.
Kattlarv

Postby HeruSolares » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

I, for one, do like the current pussy/cock look.
There's something I'm curious about for the future:

When you will add cum/pre/fluids, is there an option to turn it off?
All that wet goop tends to get in the way of the sweet view <3
HeruSolares

Postby Enkide » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Is there gonna be a walkthrough with this game, or are we gonna be guessing once it finishes?
Enkide

Postby HeruSolares » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:56 am

there is a walkthrough text file in the download packet
HeruSolares

Postby Etshyy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm

I found this game some days ago and I really appreciate it.

I always loved LOK so a "remake" with this king of good graphisms and animations is really welcome.

By the way, if I van say some things, it oculs be good to see the requirement to unlock some of the dialog choices.

I don't find what to do to have the "secondary" tasks from eri, when you fail to clean the pot and some choices with Sek.

I really wait a lot from this game, keep it great, please ! o7
Etshyy
Newly Registered

Postby Enkide » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 pm

HeruSolares Wrote:there is a walkthrough text file in the download packet

Packet? Where's that?
Enkide

Postby HentaiProdigy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 am

Enkide Wrote:

Packet? Where's that?

You download an archive which you unpack to play the game. Said archive contains a folder named "Guide".
HentaiProdigy
Newly Registered

Postby Enkide » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:30 am

HentaiProdigy Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:

Packet? Where's that?

You download an archive which you unpack to play the game. Said archive contains a folder named "Guide".

Thanks.
Enkide

Postby amusingCalico » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:15 am

Is there any way we can get in touch with your privately? I would love to be able to help with this game any way I can!! This is marvelous so far, the visuals are stunning, the gameplay, while repetitive, isnt too bad, and I like how a lot of the characters feel very unique and there is progression with your relationships with them! Very good game so far and I am very excited for the final product.
amusingCalico
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:13 pm

amusingCalico Wrote:Is there any way we can get in touch with your privately? I would love to be able to help with this game any way I can!! This is marvelous so far, the visuals are stunning, the gameplay, while repetitive, isnt too bad, and I like how a lot of the characters feel very unique and there is progression with your relationships with them! Very good game so far and I am very excited for the final product.

You can send me a private message here.
Abelius

Postby amusingCalico » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:41 am

Abelius Wrote:
amusingCalico Wrote:Is there any way we can get in touch with your privately? I would love to be able to help with this game any way I can!! This is marvelous so far, the visuals are stunning, the gameplay, while repetitive, isnt too bad, and I like how a lot of the characters feel very unique and there is progression with your relationships with them! Very good game so far and I am very excited for the final product.

You can send me a private message here.

so unfortunately i JUST made this account and am unable to send messages at the moment, could I perhaps email you?
amusingCalico
Newly Registered

Postby Elaymidoray » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:25 am

amusingCalico Wrote:so unfortunately i JUST made this account and am unable to send messages at the moment, could I perhaps email you?

Ye just gotta make a few posts, (10, I think?) an' keep yer nose clean an' ye'll be able to pm folks. So browse around a bit, see what catches yer eye, an' ye'll be messagin' in no time mate! *thumbs up
Elaymidoray

Postby Altkenis » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 am

Kattlarv Wrote:
Altkenis Wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with "Kattlarv" when it comes to the depiction of genitals.
A healthy female with good genes won't have a vag with parts that hang out, so I'd recommend you don't change them.

You do know that pretty much only toddlers have complete flat and featureless genitalia, yes? That is the sign of the genitalia not being fully developed.
That said: That would be human genitalia.

Either case, on that: I was just suggesting something less... "loli vag". Using a design barely 5 % of adult women have isn't really a good model to go after. Looking like a prepubescent child downstairs doesn't really impress in that regard. Imo, in her final model, I'd suggest that she has wider hips, bigger bust and larger junk than Krystal. Just accentuate the feminine traits.

A lot more than 5% of women have decent looking genitals, so no, it isn't a case of "loli vag" as you call it.
It isn't underdevelopment, it's good genetics.
Men tend to be more attracted to healthy-looking female genitalia, so there's really no reason to make it look unnecessarily ugly when it's been drawn to ideal.
Giving "larger junk" to the antagonist would make her a great deal less attractive and potentially destroy motivation to continue the game.

Regardless, it seems the few individuals that have noticed our discussion enjoy the absence of beef curtains, so let's hope the majority can be satisfied.
Altkenis
Newly Registered

Postby Altkenis » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Kattlarv:
I myself prefer the neatly tucked-in genitalia resulting from good genetics.
It's up to the creators after all, so why would they draw anything less than ideal?
Altkenis
Newly Registered

Postby Starstudy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:23 pm

I am having trouble even starting up the game. The game crashes after the "this is a work of fiction" screen. Do I need to have something else downloaded for it to work?
Starstudy
Newly Registered

Postby HeruSolares » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

I just had a naughty idea for one of the story paths.
Imagine one of the sharpclaws conditionning Krystal, and feeding her drugs on a daily basis.
Slowly transforming her into a Sharpclaw herself.
His endgoal? To breed Krystal once she's compatible~

I got the idea from this picture.
HeruSolares

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects