Filled By Daylight (CS Welcome)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Filled By Daylight (CS Welcome)

Postby devilbird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Let's see...

New content for Dead by Daylight includes a killer clown and a musician survivor. I'm just gonna stand in the corner forever.
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 pm

I saw that. Time to go demanding your royalties!
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 am

So I was toying around with token creators (because I can never be satisfied with anything), and found a fun new function that I can probably put into use.

With this fun little feature, I can begin introducing uncertainty to whoever you might be seeing if you're far enough away. Oh the fun that can be had with this!

On this same page, the color scheme for tokens in the future will likely change. The ones I chose initially were just based on what colors the token creator I started with had and had no thought put into it. In the future, if there's no ring around your character, they're perfectly fine. If there's a yellow ring, they're naked and if there's a red styled ring, they're Overwhelmed. Rapists will still have a solid red ring.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby devilbird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am

So blurry faces for uncertainty, but the rapist will still have a red ring? Could the blurred tokens have a uniform smokey-grey ring to hide not only role, but condition until a player can see clearly? Or is that too much work?

Also, is that my clown?
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Actually, that ring around the character in the example is usually used for a Survivor who's Overwhelmed. The Rapist's ring is just solid red. But yeah, when the identity is uncertain then it'll just be blank instead of giving hints like that, with the exception being Overwhelmed Survivors since other Survivors can see their aura. What's the point of being blurred if you can just look at the ring for confirmation?

Also yes, that is your clown. I was redoing everyone's token(s) and she just happened to be up when I discovered this function.

MiscChaos

Postby devilbird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Ah. Neet.
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Provided nothing goes wrong, there will be a post later today! I'd also like to take this time to say I may fuck up, ya'll. So if you see something I might have fucked up don't be afraid to tell me either here or in PM. I will then attempt to fix whatever it is, but I won't know or catch it unless ya tell me so.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Nobudi, for reference, this is how close you were to failing that generator. Had that 8 been 1 less, BOOM!

MiscChaos

Postby Nobudi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:17 am

:lol: I fear no Generator!
But yeah, wish that kinda luck shows up irl :v
Nobudi

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:58 pm

GM post will be up early tomorrow! It would be up today, but I have to get to the airport by like 5AM so I'll be turning in absurdly early today in order to not be a zombie. Nobody likes a driving zombie

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Heads up, I'm working at converting Items from the base game over to this. I expect it to be done by the end of the day and then I'll start working on Add-Ons for Survivors, then Add-Ons for Rapists, the Offerings for Rapists, then Offerings for Survivors. I'll edit each piece into the OP as I get done, so I'd appreciate it if ya'll gave me feedback for how you thought each one feels. I'll also post again once I finish each part so ya'll are aware.

EDIT: ALSO, with the advent of the map, next game I will edit out player maps after I make a new post. That way you can't just go back to old posts to figure out where everything is. It's probably something I should've already been doing, but... well, hindsight.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 am

Items are up! Keep in mind the balance of them MAY change as I complete add-ons

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 pm

New post will be up Sunday! That's also when I'll probably put up Add-ons for Survivors. Add-ons for Rapists will take a bit more time since I have to customize them to each Rapist. So I might work on Offerings before I get to those since that's easily going to be the most time consuming.

EDIT: So, while composing my new post, it occurred to me that a brief explanation for how turns work may be in order. Since the Rapist is the fastest, they take the first turn. Then the Survivors take their turn and it bounces back and forth until everyone's turns are done. Which can mean unfortunate events can (and likely will) happen to Survivors who are too close to the Rapist. In the event that a Rapist's action and a Survivor's action clashes, I'll roll a d100 for each of them and whichever is higher is the one with greater priority.

For example: When the Mimic was running up on Sidney, their attack action conflicted with Sidney's Pallet action. I rolled for each of them and Sidney's roll was higher so she dropped a Pallet on its head. Had the Mimic's roll been higher, Sidney would be sans clothing right now and THEN the Mimic would've been hit with the Pallet. Basically I'm using this first game as a trail run of sorts to figure everything out and this system seems to work thus far.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Sorry for the delay, everyone! As I said in the availability, I wasn't around this weekend and then there was no post yesterday because I had gone over 24 hours with no sleep. That's been fixed so I'll be making a post sometime today. Should something else happen tomorrow will be the absolute latest.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm

In the interest of keeping ya'll in the loop of my thoughts, here's a few things I've been thinking about. Gimme a yeah or nay!

1. I'll be increasing the next game map to a 15x15 to see if things feel a little less cluttered. I'm also toying with an 18x18 atm to see what that would be like and whether I could made a base with it and then shave and reorient parts of it like was suggested previously to make maps. I've already generated a 15x15 and could run a game with it right now, but I kinda want to run this game through to it's conclusion in order to see if I find any more bugs to be ironed out

2. I'm thinking of changing movement speeds. Crouching would be 1 tile/turn, Walking would be 2 tiles/turn, Running would be 3 tiles/turn, and a Sprint after being hit by the Rapist would be 5 tiles/turn for 2 turns. A Rapist's movement speed would be a static 3 tiles/turn.

3. I'm kinda stumped on Rapist Add-ons for their Powers. I may reach out soon to each Rapist player to see if they have any ideas on this subject since having the diversity of the actual game is proving a bit challenging atm.

4. No one has said anything about the Items and the Add-ons I've proposed, which is part of the problem I'm having with the Rapist Add-ons. I don't know how everyone feels about the balance, so I don't know how to balance the others.

5. I'm also a bit stumped on what to do when a Survivor gets Offered to the Entity. I've got a few ideas rumbling around, but nothing concrete. Well, after the first time, anyway. The first time I'm planning on everyone meeting an NPC that will give the Survivors a lowdown on the situation so everyone's characters know what to do next time.

I think that's it for verbal diarrhea right now. Post will be out later today.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 am

It occurs to me to say this: I assumed some character actions based on what was going on or what they established in previous posts. If I assumed incorrectly, feel free to pm me and I'll fix it. It won't be til tomorrow as I'm on my way to a family emergency, but as soon as I am able

MiscChaos

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 pm

1: I'd be willing to try a larger map. With this one we were able to get straight to the action but a little space couldn't hurt.

2: I hadn't really thought about the pace of my character's movement. That may have just been because of the close quarters. But for these changes, I'll give em a yah!

3: I'll leave this one to the people who've made Rapists.

4: I'm definitely the last person you want to comment on balance. There is a nice variety of items and add-ons for Survivors. The rarer ones feel like game changes, I'll have to see how frequently they are pulled. If you can post what you have for the Rapist so far we can go from their.

5: I figured what ever the Entity did to a Survivor would be based on the Rapist currently in play. Like their is a final rape scene and that player is out for the round. Do you wanna do something more?
Mark3000

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 pm

I've created a discord for the RP if anyone wants to join. I figure at worst, it won't go used and at best I'll have pretty instant feedback about any changes I put forward. It'll also be where I do the dice rolls for every turn so ya'll can see it there and know I'm not fudging the numbers.

MiscChaos

Postby Phoenixcz » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 pm

1. Will you combine the larger map with the maze idea? That could be interesting, but it would sort of defeat the purpose of making the map larger to avoid clutter

2. Sounds fair.

3. & 4. I'm not good at balancing things, so I won't be much help on this one. I like the addons, but I'd have to try them in actual play to be able to offer a qualified opinion. Also, I'm still kinda in the dark about some things, which is actually fine, as it puts me into same position as my character.

5. I'm... not sure whats the actual question here.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Sorry about the huge delay ya'll. Basically my little sister broke her ankle a week or so ago and I've had to run around like a chicken with the head cut off to get things for her. Considering two of the tasks I had to do involved going to her college campus which, to there and back, is a good 8 hours of driving if I get lucky enough to avoid traffic, I just haven't had the time to focus on this. I'm going to try to get a post out either later today or early tomorrow though since I leave on Tuesday for a week long trip. Again, sorry for the long wait.

MiscChaos

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character