The Elder Scrolls: Damnation

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Postby The Third Triumverate » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 pm

There have been plenty of TES rp's on this site, but none like this. In fact, I hope that this will be novel enough that no rp has been like what I have planned. Before we go any further, if you're interested, this will not be for the faint of heart. There won't be any guro or scat or anything like that, but "hardcore" or "rough" don't come close to the punishments your characters will likely face.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business...

Lore:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

One hundred years have passed since the Dragonborn heroically defeated Alduin, Miraak, and the Dawnguard. After retiring to Solstheim, The Dragonborn watched from afar as the empire deteriorated. After the Stormcloaks pushed the Empire out of Skyrim, others followed suit. Now, one hundred years later, the Empire is fragmented, and ripe to be plucked by an age old enemy.

A letter arrived months ago from a woman who claimed to be a snow elf, the last of her kind. She described how her old master, Molag Bal, is collecting power to mount an assault on Tamriel, and only a few mortals are capable of stopping him. Two strangers, this elf, and you make up the force assigned from the gods, both good and bad, to stop him. Such an imbalance of power brings together unlikely allies; never before have both Daedra and Aedra fought ont he same side to defeat a common enemy. The snow elf, for instance, claims to be the champion of Auri-el and and a Daedric Prince. The curious letter has drawn you to the border of Skyrim, High Rock, and Cyrodil, to a gloomy cave where the elf plans to cast mysterious spells to bind the three of you to your quest.

Gameplay:

Your characters will form a team, but will venture out individually on missions to increase your power and destroy your opponents before coming together periodically to fight battles. Furthermore, the three characters must be a female Nord (Skyrim), Imperial (Cyrodil), and Breton (High Rock). This will be first-come-first-serve, but please read my final notes regarding story development. This style is different from other rp's in that the plot is quite structured (at least in my experience)- I've planned out the missions and battles for each character. If you win, you'll obtain whatever you set out to obtain (numbers for your armies, better equipment, broken enemy leadership, etc), but if you lose... ohhhho ho ho OH BOY IF YOU LOSE

You can check out the "Losing/captivity" spoiler if you like, which is a lot of boring math, but if you lose, it'll be rape, rape, and more rape.

Another aspect that sets this rp apart is how fast-paced and brutal the battles will be. We'll discuss combat below, but both you and your enemies can fall in two, sometimes just one, hit.

Character sheet:

Some of this may not make sense immidiately, but if you read the rest of the page, it should. For example, I measure health in hearts (<3's) and weapon/armor damage capabilities in stars (*'s).

Name:
Appearance (the appearance of your character can be whatever you like. You can have multiple pictures depicting your character and her armor separately. Regarding the armor, I would prefer it be a "3D" picture from a TES game, or a mod, or something like that (please rip from what I have attached below! That'd make me happy!), but if you prefer a drawing, I'd rather you be content :>):

Stats:
Combat: (melee skill, both offensive and defensive. Skill for everything from swords to shields to lances to daggers to maces to whips to whatever you want to wield)
Magic: (again, both offensive and defensive. Destruction, conjuration, alteration, restoration, whatever school of magic you'd like to make up)
Ranged (skill evading and attacking with bows, crossbows, spears, throwing knives, whatever else you can think up.)
Thievery: (affects your sneak skill and escape chance if captured)
Health: (should be at least 6 <3's, but if you feel like your character should be extra tough, go for it)
Armor: (typically light armor is 25 *'s and heavy armor is 50 *'s, but your armor could be extra special)
Weapon: (at least 60 *'s; enemies usually have weapons that are 50 *'s)

If you are the Breton, start with three spells (can be ripped from the game or entirely made up). If you are the Imperial, start with two. Nord starts with one.

Powers: these are completely up to you.
Divine power: this could be given to you by one of the Nine Divines, a blessing from an ancestor, whatever.
Daedric power: usually Daedric worship is outlawed, but in times like these, power is worshipped.

History: describe your character's history. How did they get to be such a badass? It isn't often that someone becomes a Daedric Champion, especially while also maintaining a powerful blessing from the gods above. This is what makes you three so special: your twin affinities for light and dark. So how'd you get to become who you are?

Missions:

Between each battle (battles are with your teammates, missions are solo), your character will attempt two missions. One will be to increase her power (numbers, equipment, training, etc) and one will be to decrease enemy power. If you fail in a mission (do not complete your objective or lose all hearts), you will need to attempt an escape. More details on escaping in the "Losing/captivity" section below. If you do not escape... very bad, and very long lasting things will happen. And if it wasn't obvious, you will be captured and need of rescue quite often.

Battles:

After each character has completed her missions, a battle will ensue. The result of each battle will be a culmination of mission successes/failures and performance of each character during the battle. Battle wins/losses will result in momentum for the next missions and battles (ie, the final battle could be a last ditch effort by your enemies or your own last stand, depending on how previous battles go). Therefore, these battles will pull from previous missions' successes and failures. If you manage to recruit a group of fighters in one mission but then are captured by the enemy in the next, they may quickly become demoralized when they see their great savior getting assfucked on a pillory on the ramparts of the fort they're trying to capture. More info on that in the "Losing/captivity" section.

Combat:

Combat success will be governed by your skill in the appropriate area , your enemy's skill, and a touch of luck. Enemies will typically have three <3's (you have a base of six). You may attack with a weapon or magic, and use a power with an attack. The duration and replenishment time for your powers can be negotiated (your characters should be pretty OP). Each turn will be divided into two or three segments, depending on if you are sneaking (see combat example below).

The first segment is the hit chance; this determines if you actually hit your opponent. This is broken down into three numbers: your appropriate skill (if it is a ranged attack, it's your ranged combat skill; if a magic attack, it's your magic skill) plus a roll (a random number usually from -30 to +30, but there are exceptions which I'll mention) subtracted by the enemy's skill (again, ranged if ranged, magic if magic, combat if combat). If the sum of these is greater than zero, you hit your enemy.

As for the damage sustained, a similar formula is used, except the numbers are substituted with your weapon
and enemy armor *'s. If you are attacking, the first number is your weapon *'s (typically 60), added to a roll (again, usually a random number between -30 and 30), subtracted by your enemy's armor (heavy armor is 50 *'s and light armor is 25 *'s) "Why would I use light armor, then?" you may ask. Light armor will give you half the *'s of heavy armor, but if attacked by an enemy while you wear light armor, the roll in their hit chance calculation becomes -50 to 10 instead of -30 to 30. This is one example of when the roll is not -30 to 30; another is during sneaking with light armor, with the same result. Sneak attempts will be the same as any other attempt, with success calculated by your skill + a roll - enemy skill. Ranged sneak attacks are double damage, combat sneak attacks are triple damage but require an extra turn to approach your enemy, and may alert you to other enemies (magic attacks can be either ranged or combat). Failed sneak attacks result in your enemy(ies) attacking first instead of you.

Losing/captivity:

The results of losing all your health depends on how and when you lose it. If you are knocked out during a mission to increase your army's power, the results will be different from losing while attacking the enemy. If you lose while garnering power yourself, your temporary allies for that mission may turn hostile and take you prisoner for a few turns. As for being captured in enemy territory, you'll play a game similar to rock paper scissors, only with higher stakes. If you cannot escape, your enemies will begin the long process of sacrificing your soul to their god. For them to be successful in their sacrifice and permanently cursing you, they must win the next battle. Mirelle can take the fall for you the first time, but if this happens again, your teammates will need to travel to another dimension to save you before the next battle.

Each time you lose, your captors will do anything from inflicting a curse on you to tattooing humiliating things on your body. If captured in enemy territory, your soulless vessel will be put up on display and gangraped during the next battle to demoralize your troops. You must defeat the enemy and recapture your vessel to limit the effects of the enemy's curse. If you are unsuccessful, the curse will also be applied to Mirelle, since a part of her soul is keeping your vessel alive. After losing the corresponding battle, your vessel will become a rape slave for your enemy, and cannot be rescued. Finally, if/once Mirelle saves all three of you, she will have no soul left.

Escape minigame mechanics:
For friendly territory missions (recruiting/improving your power), you will attempt to escape each turn, and this will be similar to a combat roll. Your aim is to add your thievery skill and a roll to equal exactly one hundred, and the roll will be the difference between your skill and the number one hundred. A couple examples will help.

Say you are captured, and your thievery skill is 90. Your attempt would look like this:

Attempt 1: 90 (skill) + 5 (roll from 0 to 10) = 95, not successful
Attempt 2: 90 (skill) + 10 (roll from 0 to 10) = 100, success!

For enemy territory missions: the same game will be played, but if you lose, you move on to another. It is similar to rock paper scissors, except with worse chances for you. The enemy will try to break either your mind, break your body, or humiliate and disgrace your soul. Each turn, you will choose to steady your mind, prepare your body, or pray to ease your soul. If you choose the right option, the enemy's torment will have no effect on you (I will choose what your tormentors do with a roll of a die, 1-3; 1 is mind, 2 is body, 3 is soul). Choose incorrectly, however, and you will be that much closer to breaking. Each part of you, mind body soul, can endure three turns' worth of torture before breaking. Once broken, you will endure a curse and your soul will begin the slow process of pilgrimage back to the shrine where you start the game (home base).

Example CS, example combat, and intro:
It's the total package! The character sheet I included here is an example for you to follow, and the character I introduce will also be your guide during the rp.

The mild wind cools off your brow as you enter the tunnel, thirsty for air in the high altitude. Once inside the gloomy cave, you listen closely for anything other than the occasional drip of water or scurrying critter. You hear nothing, but soon reach a cavern at the end of which is an altar.

You spend a few moments to study the figure praying at the altar's base, and the altar itself. The figure appears ordinary: a black cloak, hood, and boots; but the purple-green mist surrounding the statue of Molag Bal is disconcerting to say the least. As the figure begins a new prayer, you see a rustle in the leaves behind him.

You scan the foliage to no avail, then suddenly she popped up from the greens to fire a piercing shot from her bow.

Character Sheet (example):
Name: Mirelle
Appearance:
mirelle.png

Stats:
C: 30
M: 70
R: 90
T: 80
H: 60 <3
A: Light, 25 *
W: Ranged, 60 *

Powers:
Divine Power --> Forgiveness of Airu-el: heal to max health
Daedric Power --> ???

It was undeniably the girl who had made contact with you in your dreams. The fallen snow elf that knew the truth about the world's coming doom.

All the while, the arrow whizzed through the air towards the unsuspecting figure.

Combat example:

Enemy CS
Name Worshipper
C: 60
M: 50
R: 30
T: 40
H: 60 <3
A: Heavy, 50 *
W: melee, 50 *

___

Sneak attempt:

80 (skill) + 12 (roll) - 40 (enemy skill) > 0 --> success

Attack attempt (ranged combat):

90 (skill) + -6 (roll) - 30 (enemy skill) > 0 --> success

Attack damage (Elven Bow of Light):

60 (weapon *) +5 (roll) - 50 (enemy armor *) = 5, 5 X 2 (sneak/ranged) = 10

___

Enemy attack attempt (melee combat):

60 (enemy skill) + 10 (roll -50 to 10) - 30 (skill) > 0 --> success

Attack damage (Mace of Domination):

50 (enemy weapon *) + 25 (roll) - 25 (armor *) = 50 <3

___

Power (Forgiveness of Auri-el):
1 <3 --> 6 <3

Attack attempt (ranged combat):
90 + 2 - 30 > 0 --> success

Attack damage (Elven Bow of Light)
60 + 20 - 50 = 30 --> victory!

"You three can come out now. The coast is clear."

Two more figures, previously hidden to you, grow from the ominous fog of the cave.

"As you all know, Molag Bal, the King of Rape, aims for the complete domination of our realm, Nirn, as well as the other Daedra, and even the Aedra themselves. But his mission starts here, on Mundus. If we stop him here, he cannot continue devouring the other realms.

"Thus, Auri-el has brought you three to me. My champions, you have the ability to stop this madness, and bring back balance. You wouldn't be here if you didn't already believe in this cause, but many in Tamriel remain unconvinced. Our primary objective, at least initially, will be to recruit numbers to our cause. Molag Bal's servants are sure to attempt the same, so we must stop them with whatever means necessary.

"Your quest will not be easy. I fear that we may need to endure the worst to find victory. I am prepared to give my soul to help our cause; can you say the same? If not, leave this place now.

None of you move a muscle.

"Good. Now if you would, please stand on that pedestal. This will bind your soul, your armor, and this shrine, allowing you to return here if captured. Remember, though, that the process will take many days, giving your tormentors ample time to take you as their prisoner if you are bested in combat. And as a final reminder, this magic works well with souls, but not so much with anything inanimate. So unfortunately, you must keep your armor to a minimum at all times after the incantation."

Yourself and your new teammates step onto the grey, cold platform and the elf begins her strange, foreign magics. She chants in ancient elvish, reading from a coveted Elder Scroll as the ground shakes and the air itself seems to be breaking apart. You all collectively hold your breath as she pauses briefly before throwing her hands down, and an explosion of magic ripples through the air.

When you open your eyes, the statue of Molag Bal has crumbled, and a pillar of purple light surrounds you all on the pedestal. Gingerly, you step down.

Your eyes widen as the snow elf's armor has transformed into something clearly magical, but clearly more... Revealing. That must be what she meant by keeping armor to a minimum.

elvenia1.png
elvenia2.png

The elf, exhausted from the ordeal, speaks in a raspy but victorious voice.

"Let our crusade begin."

Final (important) notes:

Again, all characters must be female. One nord, one Breton, and one imperial only. I will consider another character type after we've started, but I think three will still be plenty for me to handle. Your outfit must be quite revealing (not because I want it that way, but because of the plot!) I would love for you to use the armors I have listed, but if they don't float your boat, that's ok too.

Please be as creative as you like creating your character! If you think she should get four instead of three turns for torture during captivity, go for it. I'll tell you if you're too overpowered, but it'll take a lot to get there. You are the last line of defense against Molag Bal, after all!

To be clear: if you lose on a mission in enemy territory, and are captured and broken, your soul will be transported back to the platform on which you start, but you will need to rescue your body (vessel) to eliminate or limit the enemy's curse. To curse you successfully, the enemy must capture and break you, then defend your broken vessel against your teammates' attempt of rescue, then defeat you on the battlefield. All the while, the curse's power will grow and limit your capabilities. Mirelle will sacrifice her soul for you the first time so that you don't have to rescue yourself, but if all three of your teammates fall to the enemy, she will have no more soul to give.

I understand this is quite confusing, and vomiting words on a page like I did here isn't very helpful. Please ask questions if you are confused, I would be delighted to answer them.

Also, in your CS's, please include your turn-ons and turn-offs. Please be as exhaustive as possible, as it helps tailor the story to what you like. For example:

Turn-ons: ryona, aheago, forced orgasms, forced gangbangs, humiliation, watersports, body modification, exhibitionism, bondage, anal.

Turn-offs: scat, guro, gay, cross dressing, yuri, the aldmeri dominion

Finally, if you choose to join this rp, I ask that you be prepared to develop your character as thoroughly as possible. I won't be able to enjoy GM'ing for characters whose stories are bland and emotionless. This is why I hope those who sign up will be comfortable taking freedoms with their characters; I don't plan to be an overbearing god who decides every character's actions.

Image dump (for your armors!)

wolf
wolf3.jpg
wolf2.jpg
wolf1.jpg
steel plate
steelplate2.jpeg
steelplate1.jpg
sovengarde steel
sovengarde3.jpg
sovendarde2.jpg
sovengarde1.jpg
nightblade
night3.jpg
night2.jpg
night1.jpg
necromancer
necro2.jpg
necro1.jpg
assassin
merta2.jpg
merta1.jpg
falmer
falmer3.jpg
falmer2.jpg
falmer1.jpg
dwarven
dwarven3.jpg
dwarven2.jpg
dwarven1.jpg
cleric
cleric3.jpg
cleric2.jpg
cleric1.jpg
dragonbone
dragonbone3.jpg
dragonbone2.png
dragonbone1.png.jpg
dragonbone1.png
blades
blades2.jpg
blades1.jpg
black rose
blackrose3.jpg
blackrose2.jpg
blackrose1.jpg
banded iron
bandediron2.jpg
bandediron1.png
The Third Triumverate

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Damnation

Postby The Third Triumverate » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm sure that there's plenty I forgot and more than a few typos. For example, I forgot how to dole out points for your character sheets.

Leave one stat at 30, then tag others to 70, 80, and 90, just like Mirelle has. Your choice which stars those become. You can make your health more than 60, but if you do, maybe drop your armor *'s or weapon *'s. Or not. Really, its up to you.
The Third Triumverate

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Sooo many restrictions, good grief.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 pm

I agree with Ronin, also why'd you make any armor mechanics if we cant wear armor? (No what you gave us isn't armor its just asking to get disemboweled.)
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby The Third Triumverate » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:42 am

What would you like to do that I'm not allowing you to do? As for the armor, you don't have to wear what I attached.
The Third Triumverate

Postby Littlemankitten » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:10 am

I mean the idea of having a predetermined gender, race, clothing style ("Your outfit must be quite revealing") and even possibly a preset story. It just doesn't seem very engaging, like if I want so many things to be predetermined before I even create my character I'll go play a visual novel
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:56 am

The Third Triumverate Wrote:What would you like to do that I'm not allowing you to do? As for the armor, you don't have to wear what I attached.

Basically what LMK said, but also that some people like cute, pretty, or practical armor, rather than being required to build non-existant or skimpy armor.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

RandomRoninKitten

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:45 pm

While the concept seems interesting (dibs on the Breton, if it comes to that), hot damm are the rules a mess.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby The Third Triumverate » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:46 pm

I understand how having so much already set up might be off-putting. My aim was to make this feel more like a video game than an online role play; I feel like when rp's have no structure they don't go anywhere, plot-wise.

The reason I predetermined gender was because I am straight and I like my porn straight, and ultimately that's why I'm here. You can choose from three races; if you'd prefer your character be something else, we can discuss it. What I have written down are guidelines not hard rules. And for clothing, I would like it if your armor is unreasonably skimpy because I think it's hot and this is a porn site, but I am not forcing anything. You don't be have to join if you don't want to.

What exactly is confusing you about the rules? Is it the math behind the calculations, or how missions/battles will be run? In either case, I think that once we get going it will seem much less complicated.
The Third Triumverate

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:04 pm

The Third Triumverate Wrote:I understand how having so much already set up might be off-putting. My aim was to make this feel more like a video game than an online role play; I feel like when rp's have no structure they don't go anywhere, plot-wise.

Structure isn't the problem, predetermination, as though choice is taken away from the player, is. The problem with restricting the player so that it feels like a video game is that one reason people RP is because your imagination and what you can write are the limits. If people wanted to be limited to specific things and thrown into a predetermined plot, they'd be playing a VN or the actual game. What LMK and I are doing isn't attacking you for no reason, but pointing out what we perceive to be a problem, because we'd have otherwise wanted to join the RP. The restrictions are a huge turn-off.
The Third Triumverate Wrote:The reason I predetermined gender was because I am straight and I like my porn straight, and ultimately that's why I'm here. You can choose from three races; if you'd prefer your character be something else, we can discuss it. What I have written down are guidelines not hard rules. And for clothing, I would like it if your armor is unreasonably skimpy because I think it's hot and this is a porn site, but I am not forcing anything. You don't be have to join if you don't want to.

I can understand predetermining gender, however, that was only one restriction on top of the stack. When you said "must" in your rules, you made it sound as though this were requirement, and not a preference. http://prntscr.com/k3feka

In fact you said "must" several times.

This being a porn site isn't really a reason, though this is a nitpick. Some people, like me, enjoy having the armor forcibly torn off and shredded during a rape scene.

I'd also like to point out that saying "You don't have to join if you don't want to" does not discredit criticism, the perceived problems are still there, which we cited as to why we may not join the RP. I was originally interested because it's an Elder Scrolls RP, and it involves rape, which is awesome. However, being restricted so much prevents one from truly being creative.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby The Third Triumverate » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 pm

Yeah y'all have made some good points. Let me see if I can think of a way to on allow players to be more creative while also maintaining an overarching story arc that won't fall through.
The Third Triumverate

Postby Phoenixcz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:37 am

To add to RandomRoninKitten's concerns: limiting gender isn't a problem. It's pretty common on these forums. Limiting the available races is little weirder. While it kinda makes sense to choose the closest lands to the starting area (and High Rock and Cyrodiil aren't that near anywhere in Skyrim, Hammerfall lies between them), Tamriel is cosmopolitan enough to allow any race show up anywhere. I can see putting limits on khajit, argonians and maybe orcs, because they don't fit the standard ideas of beauty (and argonians won't feel well in cold Skyrim), but everyone else could be fair game. Limiting what the characters can wear... well, the reason provided in the OP doesn't make much sense to me. Why does the armor need to be bound to the shrine too? So it can teleport with the character? What about any other items, then? Any why would it need to 'port with the defeated character in the first place? So, the character gets back naked... that sucks, but getting new gear later, or even having replacement ready at the shrine doesn't sound like big problem. What if the armor is magical? Magic items in TES are powered by souls, so the reason why the magic wouldn't work with the armor is already solved.

And I totally agree with RRK on armor/clothing damage. Rawr.

As for the story structure: having a predetermined goal is fine. Having pre-planned missions is a little iffier, but it can work, though it will need more freedom than a typical videogame "storyline" to be enjoyable. Ability to choose which mission the character wants to do, and how to approach it is important. Better not to plan things out too far in advance. Railroad stops being enjoyable if the rails are too apparent and restrictive.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 am

Just bumping to see if anything is happening with this.

RandomRoninKitten

Postby The Third Triumverate » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 am

Ive bought about it quite a bb it, and I don't think it's fair to the potential players for me to try to GM these days; I won't Ben able to make enough time for it. If someone would like to pick up the slack in my place, be my guest.
The Third Triumverate

Return to Out of Character