LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1c (updated June 23rd)

Postby Abelius » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Game updated to 0.3.1c, solving two more showstopper bugs.

Get it at the front post.
Abelius

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.3.1b (updated June 21st)

Postby egorez3 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Abelius Wrote:
egorez3 Wrote:[img]file:///C:/Users/dell/Desktop/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F%20%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B0/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png[/img]
Well, I have a problem. The game launches successfully and i can see the main character, but it seems as if there's no textures at all, so everything is replaced by blue color.
I wanted to upload a screenshot, but unfortunately i don't know how.(i'm not used to using forums)
I hope somebody can help me.

That's typical of using a non DirectX 11+ compliant graphics card.

Thanks! I have just found it. My graphycs card is compatible with directX9. And it means that i'm not able to play this game yet.
But even if this is it, now i have knowledge.
egorez3
Newly Registered

Postby MobileGrunt » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 am

Abelius Wrote:Game updated to 0.3.1c, solving two more showstopper bugs.

Get it at the front post.

Works great for me now. Love the extra scenes for the other actions besides the blowjob itself. Any chance of getting more action with the helper of the pot, Sek?
MobileGrunt

Postby Latios411 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Do I need some other program for LOK: Rebirth to work? It's telling me I need to open it with something
Latios411

Postby JackOfGods » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:47 am

I heard about all the stuff going on at Patreon, I'm sorry that Patreon is getting quite strict and I hope it doesn't affect your guy's work. Also, I have a question in regards to LOK Rebirth. Will any animations in the future be frontal? As in, instead of only seeing Krystal and her partner's sides, you would see them from the front/back.
JackOfGods
Newly Registered

Postby HeruSolares » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am

My, it has been a loooong time since I've visited this site. I came runnin' the second I discovered there was a new project in the running.
And what project it is!

The music, the backgrounds, the character designs! Simply astonishing to see how far we've come!!!!!
And even with all that addition, we still keep that kinky goodness that the legend is all about~

That said, I love to see what this project will be capable of.
To see if it can surpass even the Gorepete edition.

Here are some little suggestions to help things along:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-First of all, the inclusion of a Guide is extremely helpfull to newcommers like myself. The sprawling map caught me by suprise, but in a good way.
This guide is perfect to see who can be interacted with, and what they got to offer. Perfect for people with different tastes, who wish to avoid/see certain kinks.
Please keep this feature in further installments.
-The longer working cutscenes are something to get used to, but the better animations and art make it an enjoyable experience...in more ways than one ;3
The addition of a Dialogue wheel is a neat choice. Different reactions for different outcomes.
-Some of the classic positions are back, but the boob groping one is a fine addition indeed!

-I could only find 2 things that bothered me about the current build. (0.3.1)

1: the minimap's icons aren't well-aligned, and I got lost on my first day.
You can solve this, by putting the "female quarters" icon UNDERNEATH the "east dwelling" icon, instead of inbetween the other two.
To make the map more rectangulary-alligned, as to reflect the square paths a bit better.

2: the Sharpclaw's genitalia asset looks a bit too shaded/dark. It needs to blend more into the Sharpclaw's bellycolor.
It's not so noticable with dark-skinned types, but it is a bit distracting with Cenvir

I also have a few questions:
-Is it possible to add a little cheating section on the pause menu? A button to heighten Krystal's respect/lust/submission to unlock their respective scenes more early on?
As much as I like the interactions with Cenvir, I have to keep repeating them in order to build up enough submission for Eri.
-When there are more interactions, and you work yourself up to a high level lust...when you interact with the pot guy, can you directly skip to high-tier interactions? Or do you have to revisit him on a regular basis?

I wish you best of luck! And if you need suggestions...do drop me a note. Either here, on FA, or even Discord.
HeruSolares

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:55 am

Hi people,

Patreon has "temporarily suspended" our account, in the hopes of making this world a better one in which children can't get their infancies destroyed by the smallest glimpse of a boob.

They say there's nudity in the public Description page, which is funny because we already censored everything remotely questionable AND they recently made every patron to click a confirmation popup stating that they were going to see 18+ content.

But we won't argue with them. We've removed various pics in the description page that must have taken their attention without taking notice of the censoring patches, and we're waiting for their response.

At any rate, do not think this is going to stop us. The project is well and alive and this attempt at limiting our freedom only encourages us more to continue our work.
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm

We're up again. Without any project description... :P
Abelius

Postby Ani21 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Yeah, that seems to be happening in sequence to pretty much every 18+ Patreon lately. Personally, I think it's just to put the fear of god in people.
Ani21
Newly Registered

Postby Sivi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Perhaps they simply took offense at your constant Patreon bashing... :D
Anyhow, good to see you're back up at least
Sivi

Postby Kalessjb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 am

when is the slave route going to be added?
Kalessjb
Newly Registered

Postby HeruSolares » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Kalessjb Wrote:when is the slave route going to be added?

You can find the ETA in Albeius' trello. The link on page 1. Patience, dear.
HeruSolares

Postby Kattlarv » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 am

Thoughts so far: The new "skip intro" is nice. Gives the non-patrons a decent skip, while leaving the perks to the pats :P
And man, lots of updates to go through heh. Looking at the guide: I do really like the slow progression. Relatively speaking.
The color coding is a nice touch too.

Hm, will say: Feel like Eri's scene might require a bit much sub tbh... but I guess this can be justified story wise.
That said, Cenvir is a similar ordeal, but he only requires list so...
But I guess you got some reason for it. I can say: Being pretty sure there will be more lewdable females, it feels like this will be a lust/sub split between both male and female scenes. Just saying: I'm hoping you'll handle it fine :P
Oh, and before I forget: I love that meme you put in. Doesn't overstay too much. But it's a rather funny callback hehe. Might should make it a % chance to appear though. Or like, every x days. So it doesn't overdo itself.

And even if she can DT, some build up is nice as said. I always deadpanned at games where you ex: Play a virgin or w/e, then suddenly: DT expert at first BJ.
Granted, she just does a few days here, but it's more than what we usually get heh.
Still not a big fan of those annoying babies xD Gotta walk past em every day xP
Oh, and: Nice work smoothing out the bugs. It runs quite smooth now.

Hm... have you thought about adding lust gain to like, the nightly chats? Feels like it could fit story wise.
Small bug: Eri's dialogue of "I saw greatness in you" and something about a "cub" (also, should prolly use "hatchling" or "juvie". Using many mammal terms here) shows in white instead of her color.
Really nice how her expression stays btw. Neat feature. And on that: The different expressions are nice.
For the footjob dialogue, he says "take of your boots and lay on your back", which, doesn't represent what you actually do. Might should tweak that.
Might have found a small bug: If you open the map next to Cenvir, you trigger dialogue if you press to travel anywhere his body is covering.

Hm... story is... quite peculiar so far. Can't really tell where it will be going tbh.
It does leave a lot of "wut?" though.
Will say: Krystal's orgasm looks really good. Could do with some hip tensing/bucks, but overall solid.
Feels like the whole "I dropped them again" might should just be replaced with like "Want help at home?", feels like a kinda odd conversation choice for her to go with.

The sex scenes so far are good. Looks fine. Smooth and loops well. Some of the dialogue is rather corny. But, some of it is very good. Has nice progression to it. You are managing to give her a more "not cumdump" personality.
Also, looking at the current scenes, I can totally see some reward tiers for later game/patreons to get. Like, a "recorder" and x-ray shiz.
There is a very minor inconsistency with the footjob scene. You can do the pantie less version after you've already let him see you naked. Making the "I'm not letting you see my pussy" dialogue a bit dated :P
Kinda hooked on the story tbh... manages to be enticing.

And aw... Krystal can't squirt? :P (That said, makes me curious to see if there'll be any scenes with her in focus)
Huh... tried the zoom, damn. It goes very close. Like, I expected at most full body. But nope, it can get very up and personal haha.
I can tell a guy wrote the dialogue though. "Hitting my cervix, pain and bliss at the same time" there's like, less than 5-10 % of women that can have their cervix hit and still stand, so to speak. To translate this to guy terms "Elbow dropping/curb stomping my balls, pain and bliss at the same time." that's pretty much what's written there xP

And hm... backstory wise, Krystal does seem to come from a culture very similar from ours. Very male pleasure centric. Especially based on her really low personal needs and talking about sex like a chore she's just been dragged into in the past. Feels very much like she's just had sex because "she was supposed to". At least based off most of her dialogue. Especially how she gave up on getting off. And didn't mind not being offered "a hand".
She did make a comment about it in the "rape" scene she spied on. She does mention getting hard. But, she rarely does anything about it. I'm a bit split on where to be on this tbh... mostly since I just dunno where to place her. She's a bit blurry and all over the place heh. Think I offered it way back but: Do tell if you'd want some female perspective on stuff.
Oh, was nicely surprised by the "return the favor" offer. (Also; Jebus, been up playing for hours, only meant to give it a quick look over xD)
Also, if you try the DT+RP wearing panties, Krystal magically removes her panties mid-scene.

Still not a huge fan of her loli vag, or the balls on the "reptiles" or that you use said loli vag on them as well xP
But oh well. They at least match somewhat. Still, for the end product, you should try to spice it up a bit. Giving every female the same junk is kinda... ~eh... (Could tell minor difference I think when fully zoomed in, but should be a bit more than barely notable tbh.)
Anyhow: Checked out the oral scene, managed surprisingly well to make her an utter asshole. Could have gone for some clit sucking, and semi-notable splodge (at least a few drips after she pulls back) but, overall really solid work there too. Could have made her even more off an ass by like, having her lock Krystals head in place and cover her nose, forcing her to swallow. Was a bit surprised she actually jizzed in her mouth tbh. But yeah, it's good. Pot could prolly go with a "fuck it, won't even move it" option possibly.

- Anyhow, hope it's coherent, and hopefully some useful stuff in there.
Sorry if it's a bit disjointed. Been a bit fizzled as of late.
Kattlarv

Postby futiman56 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:51 am

How do I load the previous save?
The new version of the game shows the save in the load menu, but when I click on it, it says unable to find save.
futiman56
Newly Registered

Postby keke » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Like a suggestion, some of the sex events (the most important) could be in sprite format. Btw I can help u with the dialoge in a free way until you found a new worker, I'm in summer and I'm bored so it's not a problem for me :D
keke

Postby HeruSolares » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Judging by that word structure, I doubt you'd be a fitting editor.
Just being honest.
HeruSolares

Postby ...? » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:41 am

Hello, for a while I was experiencing a minor bug where when I would talk to Meiri at the beginning of the day, she would be facing the wrong way in the dialog. It seemed to fix itself when I left the area, but would recur the next day. Unfortunately I did not think to take a screenshot until the next(real life) day.

On an other note, I have a suggestion, though I will admit to putting very little thought into it. The move from peon to hunter in the respect progression, despite Krystal being shown to be dramatically weaker than the villagers, could result from Krystal being revealed as a competent tracker. Originally I figured that foxes probably had a much better sense of smell than lizards, but a quick google search revealed that wasn't quite as true as I had thought.
...?
Newly Registered

Postby Altkenis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:55 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with "Kattlarv" when it comes to the depiction of genitals.
A healthy female with good genes won't have a vag with parts that hang out, so I'd recommend you don't change them.
Altkenis
Newly Registered

Postby Ryuzakku » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Played the game, seen all the scenes, good work!

My only pieces of criticism is right now the grind to get to all of the scenes is obscene. You'll need to either award more points per event, raise the caps of lust/sub gains on the other scenes, or lower the point requirements. It should not take 9ish hours to get to 250 submission.

Other than that, the only issue is the repeating dialogue at night. If it's going to repeat, might as well just skip it entirely and have the next day start until there is new dialogue to choose from. I can only be told to fuck two people i literally can't fuck.
Ryuzakku
Newly Registered

Postby Asion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Ryuzakku:
There is nothing wrong with the current system.
It's just that there is no enough content at the moment.
To be more precise, there is good enough content, but not enough variety.
Think like this. If several of the scenes was were with other characters, than it was already not a grind, than you just go through the game.
It would be more easier if all the early content would be accessible with low requirement of the stats. But that would be bad for the game structure in the later parts of the game.
Al is calibrating the system with every update, and maybe the stat point requirement would change to if the game is more advanced and wider than now.
Asion

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects